• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bobby Petrino injured in accident

Started by Romeo, April 02, 2012, 07:31:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JonesboroPete

Quote from: bleudog on April 10, 2012, 10:05:23 am
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on April 10, 2012, 08:03:15 am
What is that sayin' " If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything" ?

I was more saying it's too easy to click a button on facebook to say one supports BP.  And no matter how many folks do click that button, very few actually demonstrated that support when asked to show up at a rally.  Real support takes a little more effort than just logging on facebook.

BP's fate at Arkansas will be decided by less than 20 people in a closed room somewhere or on some conference call.  Many of those less than 20 people probably don't have a clue what facebook or FF even are.

Big money will decide this. If enough super-boosters threaten to cut off or significantly reduce their contributions, he is gone. If not, he will be on the sidelines next fall. I don't know if 20 is the magic number or not, but I suspect you are pretty close.

DogsWin7

Quote from: JonesboroPete on April 10, 2012, 12:39:11 pm
What is that sayin' " If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything" ?

I was more saying it's too easy to click a button on facebook to say one supports BP.  And no matter how many folks do click that button, very few actually demonstrated that support when asked to show up at a rally.  Real support takes a little more effort than just logging on facebook.

BP's fate at Arkansas will be decided by less than 20 people in a closed room somewhere or on some conference call.  Many of those less than 20 people probably don't have a clue what facebook or FF even are.

Big money will decide this. If enough super-boosters threaten to cut off or significantly reduce their contributions, he is gone. If not, he will be on the sidelines next fall. I don't know if 20 is the magic number or not, but I suspect you are pretty close.

$$$$$ talks in either direction...........Guarantee the Boosters are listening.

Is it for certain an announcement is being made today by Jeff Long?

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Ex-HAplayer on April 10, 2012, 12:17:07 pm
Haha you are an idiot if you think we are going .500 or sub .500. Especially since we are going back to our roots of running a pro style offense and Physical defense instead of speed. Chizik is apart of Auburn so yes he does has a NC. Where is Petrino's? No more swaying the subject. When is this presser?
Chizik will be gone in three years...

Ex-HAplayer

April 10, 2012, 02:48:12 pm #353 Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 06:59:12 pm by Ex-HAplayer
Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on April 10, 2012, 01:42:20 pm
Haha you are an idiot if you think we are going .500 or sub .500. Especially since we are going back to our roots of running a pro style offense and Physical defense instead of speed. Chizik is apart of Auburn so yes he does has a NC. Where is Petrino's? No more swaying the subject. When is this presser?

Longer than petrino potentially.

Rulesman

A better question might be how many coaches will still be at the same school in 3 years?

JonesboroPete

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on April 10, 2012, 12:53:35 pm
Quote from: JonesboroPete on April 10, 2012, 12:39:11 pm

$$$$$ talks in either direction...........Guarantee the Boosters are listening.

Is it for certain an announcement is being made today by Jeff Long?

I heard from a friend somewhat close to the situation that it would be today or tomorrow. He said the lid is pretty tight on it but there is not a sense of panic around the offices.

zebradynasty

A little surprised at how long it's taking for a decision. One of 3 things they are waiting to see how much money they'll lose from boosters OR Trying to work out a settlement which would involve attorneys OR trying to come up with a punishment (some reworking the contract) that will send a strong message but not torpedo the upcoming season.

Breitontime

The longer the hold off, the more it dies down, the easier it'll be to slide right back to how things were.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: zebradynasty on April 10, 2012, 03:09:16 pm
A little surprised at how long it's taking for a decision. One of 3 things they are waiting to see how much money they'll lose from boosters OR Trying to work out a settlement which would involve attorneys OR trying to come up with a punishment (some reworking the contract) that will send a strong message but not torpedo the upcoming season.
Yep...

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Breitontime on April 10, 2012, 03:21:19 pm
The longer the hold off, the more it dies down, the easier it'll be to slide right back to how things were.
Yep...

Ex-HAplayer

April 10, 2012, 03:33:51 pm #360 Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 06:58:14 pm by Ex-HAplayer
Quote from: Rulesman on April 10, 2012, 02:50:47 pm
A better question might be how many coaches will still be at the same school in 3 years?
Unlike Arkansas  usually when we are somewhat succesfully our coaches  our noticed by other schools for opportunities. Ask your boy Petrino

zebradynasty

I don't think UA will lose that much money from boosters. UA has a real possibility to win 10 games or more this season. That center of football operations will put UA at the top in the SEC and Nation and another successful season will more than get the check wrote. So it boils down to reworking his contract to buy him out or reworking his contract to lessen UA's payout if he is caught again doing something.

zebradynasty

HA, when Arkansas coaches are successful they are noticed by others. You have heard of the Broyles Award? Hatfield left Arkansas and went to Clemson and Nutt left to Ol Miss.

Breitontime

Lol, Nutt left for Ole  Miss. You say that like it was voluntary.

fastdrop

Meeting between Petrino and Long happening now

RP has turned Purple holding his breath until he hears the news.

DogsWin7

Well back to "As the mud fly's in the pig pin"............ ;D

Still no word.........no hurry...........

Hoghead

Quote from: Ex-HAplayer on April 10, 2012, 10:02:35 am
Petrino needs to resign and arkansas hires Garrick Mcgee. Enough said.

Ha ! You have a better Chance at seeing Tupac as the Head Coach at Arkansas !

Hoghead

I think Long should let BOBBY STAY ! Give him the 3 game suspension, take some cash and give him the Hog mafia handshake. If this happens again, no one will ever find you Bobby. Understand ? Heck, Long knows if he fires Bobby, he might as well impose the DEATH PENALTY on ARKANSAS FOOTBALL. I say let's keep Bobby and move on. IT's the SEC, EVERYBODY CHEATS ONE WAY OR ANOTHER !

pantherblue

Elvis and Tupac are in concert next month at Harrah's.

Baitshop

DixiePrep is reporting that CBP will be retained...presser at 8pm....

DogsWin7

April 10, 2012, 05:50:02 pm #370 Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 05:59:34 pm by DiehardFBfan
you better be tellin' the truth or i now have figured out why they call you Baitshop......... ;D

8 is almost past my bedtime.  (truth about presser)  Do u own DixiePrep? ;)

DogsWin7

Breitontime

Peety

Quote from: B.G. on April 09, 2012, 09:30:18 pm
Quote from: fastdrop on April 09, 2012, 08:56:11 pm
Just found out today I get to walk the side lines at ASU home games this year.
I'd rather be a Duggar child.

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on April 09, 2012, 08:35:57 pm
Anyone at or go to the Rally?
Not many.  I did see a couple of pictures that are less than flattering of it and shamefully I knew some people.

Not a fine moment.

Quote from: Peety on April 09, 2012, 07:48:35 pm
He's gone
Nope.

Quote from: TTofgreenwood on April 09, 2012, 07:43:26 pm
Resignation on the way.  I hate it, but that is what I'm hearing.  PLEASE be wrong!
Nope.

Hmm....well you were wrong there BG

Ex-HAplayer

April 10, 2012, 07:20:51 pm #374 Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 07:25:46 pm by Ex-HAplayer
Quote from: zebradynasty on April 10, 2012, 03:56:04 pm
HA, when Arkansas coaches are successful they are noticed by others. You have heard of the Broyles Award? Hatfield left Arkansas and went to Clemson and Nutt left to Ol Miss.

How are those guys doing now??? Petrino was succesful but he is an idiot, Muschamp isn't doing to shabby, Gene has been on two national championship teams.  We won't even discuss Gus. Those two guys you just mentioned aren't even employed.

Ex-HAplayer

Good decision Jeff Long. You kept your integrity and made the right move. Very classy.

Brian G

We're going to lock this thread and start clean on two new threads.  Thanks for your understanding as we try to keep things organized.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas