• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Weight Lifting meets still a thing?

Started by Smalltownroots13, January 25, 2023, 08:20:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Smalltownroots13

Hey everyone, I am trying to find out some info on this but are weight lifting meets for high schools still a thing. I remember there being a set of meets around the state and generally I think either lake Hamilton or Alma generally hosted the State meet. This was all prior to covid and haven't seen anything about them since. Are their any schools or groups that still do them and if so are there any information you can give me on it.

Thanks
(Also posted the same thread in the Other Arkansas Sports forum)

Interestingcall

I saw on twitter that the State weight meet will be in May this year. Ive also heard Monticello hosts some meets throughout the year.

Cheek

Quote from: Smalltownroots13 on January 25, 2023, 08:20:15 amHey everyone, I am trying to find out some info on this but are weight lifting meets for high schools still a thing. I remember there being a set of meets around the state and generally I think either lake Hamilton or Alma generally hosted the State meet. This was all prior to covid and haven't seen anything about them since. Are their any schools or groups that still do them and if so are there any information you can give me on it.

Thanks
(Also posted the same thread in the Other Arkansas Sports forum)

It originally started at Russellville Jr High,  moved to Alma and is now at Lake Hamilton.  They had in 2022, and will host it again this year.

friscokid

Powerlifting is absolutely a thing but is not sanctioned by the AAA.

Cheek

Quote from: friscokid on February 14, 2023, 11:29:03 pmPowerlifting is absolutely a thing but is not sanctioned by the AAA.

Saturday May 6th at Lake Hamilton HS.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas