• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smackover/Prescott

Started by WHITEchicken, September 21, 2018, 11:11:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Horse Shoe

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on October 06, 2018, 09:08:29 pm
I just hate that our quarterback got hurt and couldn't play the second half because Smackover did not have a answer for how to stop him running the ball but That was bad luck for Prescott. Hopefully he will stay healthy for the playoffs because I think Prescott will make a deep run if not go all the way because he can run and pass.
I just can't seem to get what makes you think the Bucks didn't have an answer to stop the Wolves QB.  He was hurt during some of those plays taking hits. That is a textbook definition of our defense stopping him.  I'm not trying to take anything away from how good he is.  He is definitely a game changer.  But like I said the other night, he didn't get hurt standing on the sidelines.

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: Horse Shoe on October 07, 2018, 01:13:55 pm
I just can't seem to get what makes you think the Bucks didn't have an answer to stop the Wolves QB.  He was hurt during some of those plays taking hits. That is a textbook definition of our defense stopping him.  I'm not trying to take anything away from how good he is.  He is definitely a game changer.  But like I said the other night, he didn't get hurt standing on the sidelines.
Your right Smackover knocked him out by the hits he took. All I'm saying is it was ashame he got hurt and couldn't play the second half because that hurt Prescott's scoring ability because he is a big part of our offense.

CURLEYWOLF24

bleudog

C'mon 24, this is beginning to read like Bountygate 2.0. 

WHITEchicken

Haha. If he didn't have to play every snap on offense and defense he might not get beat up so bad. I never understood why you would take someone that important for your offense and put him out there on defense. I understand you want to have your best athletes on the field but playing your qb that is that dynamic both ways is probably not a great idea:

BuckHead

That should be the link for the whole game in case you missed it. 😉

JeffSavagIV

October 08, 2018, 01:41:26 pm #356 Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 01:44:14 pm by JeffSavagIV
Quote from: X-Factor #1 on October 06, 2018, 01:59:52 pm
Lol predictable? You must not be very familiar with RPO's.... these guys havent lost yet and you're bringing up the play calling.
Yeah predictable. My wife called where the ball was going for every play but 2 in the second and third quarter, we run 3 coverages on defense. If you don't think we're predictable than cool that's fine. But being undefeated doesn't have anything to do with how creative the play callings been. And do you know the difference between between RPO's, true PA's, and true zone gives? Honestly my bad for arguing because I know my football IQ is higher than yours.

snoopy22

Quote from: BuckHead on October 06, 2018, 07:42:22 pm
Exactly. As I said the ball was stripped out  clearly by Modica. Live stream was down for us last night but go to "42 sports" page on Facebook to see the final minutes. Fast forward to 3:18 in the video and watch #23 Smackover defense. He clearly yanks the ball out and recovered the ball himself.Thats smart defense. Smackover easily marched 80 yards with Turner capping it off with the 28 yard touchdown run. Smackover made mistakes too. The younger Modica brother that knocked the ball out the air on Prescott touchdown pass attempt also dropped a slant pass that he would've easily took for 6 like he did on the one he caught. Prescott key is their Qb. Slow him down and you can beat them if you have a good offense. Smackover held Prescott to 196 yards of total offense with 2 of arguably their best players not even playing defense until the mostly the last 3 quarters. Let that marinate. Smackover coaches adjusted. Our boys never stopped fighting and they came out on top. That's how you win ball games.
Not sure what game you watched bud, but Prescott had 390 yards and Smackover had 220. 

Jimbo Morphis

I'll take Smackover in a close one.

Robot Chicken

So some smackover posters are mad at the simple coaching and now some are talking about the great coaching? Only adjustments that were made was adding #6 to the roster or Smackover would be just a decent team. The game I watched Smackover got whipped. If weren't for the turnovers Prescott probably wins by 3 TD's. Not taking anything away from the game. Prescott physically dominated Smackover. Smackover won. Two good teams. One team made more mistakes and that is football. Let it go. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way.

WHITEchicken

Haha. Coaching is good. Players are good. Smackover has caused a lot of fumbles in every game this year. Like you said chicken turnovers are part of the game.

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: Robot Chicken on October 10, 2018, 07:22:48 am
So some smackover posters are mad at the simple coaching and now some are talking about the great coaching? Only adjustments that were made was adding #6 to the roster or Smackover would be just a decent team. The game I watched Smackover got whipped. If weren't for the turnovers Prescott probably wins by 3 TD's. Not taking anything away from the game. Prescott physically dominated Smackover. Smackover won. Two good teams. One team made more mistakes and that is football. Let it go. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way.
+1

Proud Buckaroo

Got whooped... LOL. You're funny.

You are aware that #6 barely even played defense?

He was a great addition to the TEAM. But, guess what, my dude. We have put up 40+ points in games without him. He's not the one that caused those fumbles. Javon, Jaqueeze, Biggers and Gathright were.

WHITEchicken

Y'all still have a chance at winning state which is the only thing yalls tradiion rich School is worried about. Good luck with the grove whether y'all fumbled it away or we forced y'all to fumble it away y'all will be a 2 or 3 seed. Thanks for playing. On the other hand y'all have a real nice field.

Headhunter15

Quote from: WHITEchicken on October 10, 2018, 01:33:23 pm
Y'all still have a chance at winning state which is the only thing yalls tradiion rich School is worried about. Good luck with the grove whether y'all fumbled it away or we forced y'all to fumble it away y'all will be a 2 or 3 seed. Thanks for playing. On the other hand y'all have a real nice field.

😂

Jimbo Morphis

I 'll take Prescott. I think they win this time.

Horse Shoe

Quote from: Oldman on October 10, 2018, 02:24:30 pm
Only if they're more luckier.

Horse Shoe

Quote from: Robot Chicken on October 10, 2018, 07:22:48 am

Carljung

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 10, 2018, 12:53:44 pm
Got whooped... LOL. You're funny.

You are aware that #6 barely even played defense?

He was a great addition to the TEAM. But, guess what, my dude. We have put up 40+ points in games without him. He's not the one that caused those fumbles. Javon, Jaqueeze, Biggers and Gathright were.
What difference does that make...He shouldn't be playing defense.

Hawgeye

Quote from: Oldman on October 10, 2018, 02:24:30 pm

Who wouldn't? All that traditioning and they can't lose a game.

WHITEchicken

Instead of traditioning the my should have been conditioning. Full body cramp after one quarter of football isn't good.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas