• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prescott @ Clinton

Started by jay nelvin, November 09, 2018, 09:41:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jay nelvin

Should be a good one!  Thoughts?

beach bum

jay nelvin

Warriors023

CoolBreeze

FootballSpotlight

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 09, 2018, 09:50:11 pm
Clinton 34
Prescott 13
Where are you from? I've noticed you're not much of a Curleywolf fan! 😁

imtie

FootballSpotlight

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on November 09, 2018, 10:07:55 pm
Where are you from? I've noticed you're not much of a Curleywolf fan! 😁
I'm not a Curley Wolf fan, but then I'm not Anti-Curley Wolves either. Jut stating a contrary opinion. I happen to think Clinton is far better than posters from South Arkansas think.

WorkOrder

Quote from: FootballSpotlight on November 09, 2018, 10:11:52 pm
Clinton 40 Prescott 6

Wake up. Your dreaming. Clinton will not hold Prescott to 6 points. Sorry

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: FootballSpotlight on November 09, 2018, 10:11:52 pm
Clinton 40 Prescott 6
I'm not saying you won't win but if you win by that score they might as well give you the state championship trophy after that game. We will see if you're that good. This isn't a 5 seed Charleston coming to town. We were a fumble away from being undefeated and a 1 seed but you may be right. Time will tell!

CapnObvious

I've only seen Prescott on film but I think the wolves will be to much for the jackets , 35-14 wolves 🐺.

cheap seats

Just for fun, the common opponent game.

Clinton 42 - Mt. View 6

Prescott 42 - Mt. View 6

FootballSpotlight

When we played Mtn View it was a mud pit and we also played 3rd string before half time 😂

Made

I love common opponents

Clinton vs Marshall 48-0
Clinton vs Charleston 49-0

CapnObvious

I'll ask again , how many state titles does Clinton have ?

panther07

Quote from: CapnObvious on November 10, 2018, 12:30:27 am

WHo cares? Every team that has ever won one, had zero at some point. All those titles for Charleston, and still zero points. It just doesn't make any difference. Clinton got a bad draw with Prescott, and might not can pull that one off, but I can assure you Prescott will know they've been in a game.

SR30

Headhunter15

What are state titles gone do on the field next Friday lol ? I hate when people throw that up as if it's gonna give a team bonus points and help them win😂

Jimbo Morphis

MO3Positive

November 10, 2018, 07:52:11 am #21 Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 07:53:48 am by MO3Positive
Quote from: Headhunter15 on November 10, 2018, 06:58:25 am
What are state titles gone do on the field next Friday lol ? I hate when people throw that up as if it's gonna give a team bonus points and help them win😂

Exactly. I guess it would be to painful to show some sportsmanship and say great game Clinton, so picking an irrelevant statement to throw out is the best he can do. Absolutely respect and admire the schools that have the tradition but it's obviously impossible for some to say anything positive about Clinton.  Which is totally fine because while the Clinton football players do not post, and most don't even get on the FF forums as they are encouraged not to, they were sent some of the screenshots from the Charleston/Clinton thread and it was the best motivation tool ever.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Oldman on November 10, 2018, 07:12:53 am
Game of the week.
Likely, since everyone knows there are 2-seeds and 2-seeds. Prescott is a cut above your average 2-seed. But then, there should be an fairly significant 1-2 contest next week, Mayflower at Rison.

elmerfudd

Quote from: MO3Positive on November 10, 2018, 07:52:11 am
Exactly. I guess it would be to painful to show some sportsmanship and say great game Clinton, so picking an irrelevant statement to throw out is the best he can do. Absolutely respect and admire the schools that have the tradition but it's obviously impossible for some to say anything positive about Clinton.  Which is totally fine because while the Clinton football players do not post, and most don't even get on the FF forums as they are encouraged not to, they were sent some of the screenshots from the Charleston/Clinton thread and it was the best motivation tool ever.

This cracks me up.

Harry Rex Vonner

Shouldn't you be choking down some dry crow right now?

Ole Pondwater jack told me about you.

Baby Blues give me poos

This will be a really good game since Clinton hasn't seen a team like this all season. I still think Clinton wins it 33- 21 since Clinton isn't great at extra points they will have a couple blocked.

BannerMountainMan

Clinton is very physical, they can run the ball all day on anybody, have been able to for mostly the past 7-8 years, they would have already had a state championship in the last 7-8 years if it were not for being in 4a and having a conference of Lonoke, Newport, Stuttgart, Dollarway, and etc. Just because they havent had a championship means squat, Dufrene knows what he is doing.

Toss up game in my opinion, but since it's very tough to play in Clinton, I'd give the edge to them.

1wildcat

elmerfudd

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 10, 2018, 10:53:28 am
Clinton is very physical, they can run the ball all day on anybody, have been able to for mostly the past 7-8 years, they would have already had a state championship in the last 7-8 years if it were not for being in 4a and having a conference of Lonoke, Newport, Stuttgart, Dollarway, and etc. Just because they havent had a championship means squat, Dufrene knows what he is doing.

Toss up game in my opinion, but since it's very tough to play in Clinton, I'd give the edge to them.

Haha isn't that like saying Arkansas could have won an SEC title by now if they weren't in the same conference as Bama, LSU, Auburn, etc??

AllBarkNoBite

Hold on do you get to start the game with a extra point for every state title you have won? If so I haven't ever heard of this rule before. Truthfully I had no idea at all that past state titles helped teams in the present and future win games. Please tell me how this works sir.

AllBarkNoBite

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 10, 2018, 11:26:46 am
Haha isn't that like saying Arkansas could have won an SEC title by now if they weren't in the same conference as Bama, LSU, Auburn, etc??

Seeing how he is talking about a state title not a conference title it is more on the lines of national championship for the Razorbacks. But I understand some peoples comprehension levels are on the lower side.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 10, 2018, 11:26:46 am
This team this year is about the same as the last 6-7 teams Clinton has had, but the last two years they have been in 3a, sooo that's a pretty good shot.

elmerfudd

Quote from: AllBarkNoBite on November 10, 2018, 11:45:44 am

Seeing how he is talking about a state title not a conference title it is more on the lines of national championship for the Razorbacks. But I understand some peoples comprehension levels are on the lower side.

Valid argument! That actually expands my point. Thank you

AllBarkNoBite

elmerfudd

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 10, 2018, 12:13:25 pm
This team this year is about the same as the last 6-7 teams Clinton has had, but the last two years they have been in 3a, sooo that's a pretty good shot.

So the only reason Clinton has not won a state title yet is because all those other better teams were in the way? And now they're not?

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 10, 2018, 12:23:59 pm
So the only reason Clinton has not won a state title yet is because all those other better teams were in the way? And now they're not?
now you're catching on. 3a to 4a is the biggest jump I have ever witnessed.

CapnObvious

Man that state title topic got a lot of y'all feathers ruffled , just like I hoped it would 😂. Hey I'm not taking anything away from the jackets they have a very good team and I wish them the best luck . Having said that go wolves !
Now I have to go root on my 2nd favorite team the Bearcats. See you boys and girls around 🤘🏻

elmerfudd

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 10, 2018, 12:29:06 pm
now you're catching on. 3a to 4a is the biggest jump I have ever witnessed.

Oh I've been caught on the whole time. I'm just trying to verify the logic, or lack thereof, behind what you're saying.

Apparently you don't understand what it means to "run the ball all day on anybody", otherwise Clinton would have at least one state title in the last 7-8 years. I've witnessed a team do that while playing in the 4A with one of the lowest number of students in the classification. In fact, they dropped to the 3A the following year.

And now that Newport and Dollarway are in the 3A with Clinton, you think Clinton now holds the advantage if/when they meet up in the playoffs?

My point is, Clinton hasn't ran on anybody at will, or else they would have a title by now, regardless of classification or conference.

AllBarkNoBite

Quote from: CapnObvious on November 10, 2018, 12:35:54 pm
Man that state title topic got a lot of y'all feathers ruffled , just like I hoped it would 😂. Hey I'm not taking anything away from the jackets they have a very good team and I wish them the best luck . Having said that go wolves !
Now I have to go root on my 2nd favorite team the Bearcats. See you boys and girls around 🤘🏻

So as we all thought you have no idea what you are talking about. Just as we all figured. Goodbye little man.

AllBarkNoBite

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 10, 2018, 12:47:12 pm
Oh I've been caught on the whole time. I'm just trying to verify the logic, or lack thereof, behind what you're saying.

Apparently you don't understand what it means to "run the ball all day on anybody", otherwise Clinton would have at least one state title in the last 7-8 years. I've witnessed a team do that while playing in the 4A with one of the lowest number of students in the classification. In fact, they dropped to the 3A the following year.

And now that Newport and Dollarway are in the 3A with Clinton, you think Clinton now holds the advantage if/when they meet up in the playoffs?

My point is, Clinton hasn't ran on anybody at will, or else they would have a title by now, regardless of classification or conference.

Well they beat both of the teams you just mentioned while in 4a do some research you keyboard warrior you.

CapnObvious

Pretty big talk for someone with no bite ... and I knew exactly what I was talking about pup , just unwad your panties and keep working on that title .

elmerfudd

Quote from: AllBarkNoBite on November 10, 2018, 01:06:45 pm
Well they beat both of the teams you just mentioned while in 4a do some research you keyboard warrior you.

When you say "they would have already had a state championship in the last 7-8 years if it were not for being in 4a and having a conference of Lonoke, Newport, Stuttgart, Dollarway", that implies you couldn't beat those teams.

Sounds like maybe you're not sure who you beat and who you didn't.

AllBarkNoBite

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 10, 2018, 01:42:58 pm
When you say "they would have already had a state championship in the last 7-8 years if it were not for being in 4a and having a conference of Lonoke, Newport, Stuttgart, Dollarway", that implies you couldn't beat those teams.

Sounds like maybe you're not sure who you beat and who you didn't.

I didn't make the comment I'm just stating facts beat all the teams that you said moved down to 3a. Just thought I would help you get your facts straight so you could argue some more because you were struggling you warrior you.

elmerfudd

Quote from: AllBarkNoBite on November 10, 2018, 02:27:10 pm
I didn't make the comment I'm just stating facts beat all the teams that you said moved down to 3a. Just thought I would help you get your facts straight so you could argue some more because you were struggling you warrior you.

Since 2010:

2-2 against Dollarway
1-2 against Newport

Pure domination. Clinton sure "ran the ball all day" against them. Wow!!

I took your advice and did the research. I found out BannerMountainMan is still wrong, which is the point I made in the first place before you decided to hijack the argument for him, and I also confirmed that Clinton is an absolute powerhouse now that they're in the 3A!! Fascinating!

Sincerely,

Keyboard Warrior

elmerfudd

By the way, I never said Clinton lost to those teams while in the 4A did I? No. Facts. They'll get ya every time.

SR30

Man where is my popcorn??? Put all these so called factoids aside and just face it. Kojack and his boys will have speed all over the field that Clinton hasn't seen. That will win this game for them.

FootballSpotlight

Clinton has some fast kids to. One that can run a 49 second 400 and two that can run a 50 second one. Don't think for one minute they don't know what speed is.

AllBarkNoBite

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 10, 2018, 02:44:52 pm
Since 2010:

2-2 against Dollarway
1-2 against Newport

Pure domination. Clinton sure "ran the ball all day" against them. Wow!!

I took your advice and did the research. I found out BannerMountainMan is still wrong, which is the point I made in the first place before you decided to hijack the argument for him, and I also confirmed that Clinton is an absolute powerhouse now that they're in the 3A!! Fascinating!

Sincerely,

Keyboard Warrior

Do you always make things up? Or do you just add words when you read? I never said they dominated those teams just simply let you know that they had beat those teams that is all you keyboard warrior. But thank you for doing your research my good man makes you look like you know what you are talking about when you do that.

AllBarkNoBite

Quote from: FootballSpotlight on November 10, 2018, 03:03:19 pm
Clinton has some fast kids to. One that can run a 49 second 400 and two that can run a 50 second one. Don't think for one minute they don't know what speed is.

He wasn't saying Clinton was slow he was saying they haven't faced a team this year with the speech Prescott has. Which isn't a lie.

FootballSpotlight

They did in 4A . They know what fast is and have played fast people before. It's going to be a good game that's for sure. Clinton loves to run so may be exciting!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas