• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prescott @ Clinton

Started by jay nelvin, November 09, 2018, 09:41:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Linebacker on November 12, 2018, 12:07:03 pm
What about the western sizzling does it have good food?
You don't get out much huh?

Jacketman65

Charleytown didn't think that the Jackets were very good either and ran their mouths, I believe the clock ran the entire second half and they NEVER crossed the goal line.  I noticed that someone was making excuses why Prescott lost a couple of games, the Jackets have no excuses to make because there are none!  It's hard to argue about being undefeated!!!

Linebacker

I haven't seen Clinton play but I have seen Prescott play a lot. Prescott has a good team and have a good defense. I'm sure Clinton is good from what the posters say. Prescott wins this one by two scores. Prescott 24 Clinton 12.

Linebacker

No I don't go to Clinton much.

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 12, 2018, 12:09:15 pm
You need to read posts carefully before you respond. Note the NOT in the post you criticized.
My bad.

Coach Saban

CatPride

Quote from: Linebacker on November 12, 2018, 12:14:29 pm
I haven't seen Clinton play but I have seen Prescott play a lot. Prescott has a good team and have a good defense. I'm sure Clinton is good from what the posters say. Prescott wins this one by two scores. Prescott 24 Clinton 12.
Maybe it's just me, but how can you make an accurate prediction if you have never seen Clinton play?

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Linebacker on November 12, 2018, 12:15:59 pm
No I don't go to Clinton much.
26 of em in Arkansas, but yeah that's where I would go if I had to eat in  Clinton

elmerfudd

ESPNAnalyst44

If you want good food, leave early and stop at Frank's Hickory House. Right off Hwy 65 as soon as you get into clinton.

Curleywolf Fan

November 12, 2018, 02:12:31 pm #160 Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 02:25:35 pm by Curleywolf Fan
Quote from: Jacketman65 on November 12, 2018, 12:14:20 pm
Charleytown didn't think that the Jackets were very good either and ran their mouths, I believe the clock ran the entire second half and they NEVER crossed the goal line.  I noticed that someone was making excuses why Prescott lost a couple of games, the Jackets have no excuses to make because there are none!  It's hard to argue about being undefeated!!!
Like I said before were not Charleston. We were  1 point away from being undefeated and a number 1 seed. I'm making excuses because if we don't fumble on Smackovers goal line we go up 2 touchdowns with a few minutes to play and win but that's football. You won 10 games against weak teams and we lost by 1 point to the number 2 team in the state so we will see who is the better team Friday night!

HeberFan

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on November 12, 2018, 02:12:31 pm
Like I said before were not Charleston. We were  1 point away from being undefeated and a number 1 seed. I'm making excuses because if we don't fumble on Smackovers goal line we go up 2 touchdowns with a few minutes to play and win but that's football. You won 10 games against weak teams and we lost by 1 point to the number 2 team in the state so we will see who is the better team Friday night!

No need to say Clinton played 10 "weak teams" because that isn't true. Prescott should have the edge here, so, how about being a little humble and letting the game play out?

elmerfudd

Quote from: HeberFan on November 12, 2018, 02:38:55 pm
No need to say Clinton played 10 "weak teams" because that isn't true. Prescott should have the edge here, so, how about being a little humble and letting the game play out?

HeberFan is right, Curley....they only played 9 weak teams, not 10. Get your facts straight, geez!!

FootballSpotlight

That's weird because Friday looked like it was the easiest game they played so far. I mean 49-0.

HeberFan

Quote from: FootballSpotlight on November 12, 2018, 02:47:17 pm
That's weird because Friday looked like it was the easiest game they played so far. I mean 49-0.

Yeah, according to the posters in here, Clinton should just forfeit the game.

Curleywolf Fan

November 12, 2018, 02:51:14 pm #165 Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 02:52:54 pm by Curleywolf Fan
Quote from: FootballSpotlight on November 12, 2018, 02:47:17 pm
That wasn't the Charleston of old! That was a 5 seed. 😁

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 12, 2018, 02:42:56 pm
HeberFan is right, Curley....they only played 9 weak teams, not 10. Get your facts straight, geez!!
IDK about that they beat the #4 2a team, #10 3a team, and #15 4a team...all handily...

HeberFan

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 12, 2018, 02:52:32 pm
IDK about that they beat the #4 2a team, #10 3a team, and #15 4a team...all handily...

According to the posters in here, teams are trash until they win several state titles.

FootballSpotlight

November 12, 2018, 03:01:51 pm #168 Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 08:26:01 pm by FootballSpotlight
I was just looking at stats which we all know that don't mean anything. Clinton played Mtn View and 1st quarter scored 35 points and put third string in. Prescott played Mtn View last week and only scored 15 in the first quarter  I believe at their own field not sure though..both teams finished with the same score against Mtn View. I'm sure Prescott is good from what i hear but at the end of the day both teams have worked hard to get here. They are kids and they all deserve to have a great game with everyone cheering. Nobody is trash at this point. They all love the game.

HeberFan

Quote from: FootballSpotlight on November 12, 2018, 03:01:51 pm
I was just looking at stats which we all know that don't mean anything. Clinton played Mtn View and 1st quarter scored 35 points and put third string in. Prescott played Mtn View last week and only scored 15 I believe at their own field not sure though.. I'm sure Prescott is good from what i hear but at the end of the day both teams have worked hard to get here. They are kids and they all deserve to have a great game with everyone cheering. Nobody is trash at this point. They all love the game.

Good post.

AllBarkNoBite

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on November 12, 2018, 10:57:47 am
Thanks, just don't want to get the bubble guts around the 3rd Qtr.

Not going to lie this had me rolling. Good luck to both teams.

Is it Friday yet?

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: FootballSpotlight on November 12, 2018, 03:01:51 pm
I was just looking at stats which we all know that don't mean anything. Clinton played Mtn View and 1st quarter scored 35 points and put third string in. Prescott played Mtn View last week and only scored 15 I believe at their own field not sure though.. I'm sure Prescott is good from what i hear but at the end of the day both teams have worked hard to get here. They are kids and they all deserve to have a great game with everyone cheering. Nobody is trash at this point. They all love the game.
Hard to get up playing a 2-8 team, we were flat for sure.  Things should be better for us playing better competition.

CURLEYWOLF24

November 12, 2018, 03:29:37 pm #172 Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 03:33:39 pm by CURLEYWOLF24
Quote from: AllBarkNoBite on November 12, 2018, 03:09:32 pm
Not going to lie this had me rolling. Good luck to both teams.

Is it Friday yet?

You bet!

panther07

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 12, 2018, 02:52:32 pm

Heber was 2 point win. HA had ball in red zone in 4th to cut the score to one possession. It could be argued that Clinton beat HA handily, but not heber.

FootballSpotlight

Yes because Clinton had a few sit out that normally start against Heber. They also scrimmaged Pottsville and beat them by two touchdowns when Booneville only beat them by two points.. it's all in who is playing as a team on that day. Heber has some really good players this year. I was impressed

elmerfudd

HeberFan

November 12, 2018, 03:51:09 pm #176 Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 03:53:04 pm by HeberFan
Quote from: elmerfudd on November 12, 2018, 03:46:40 pm
^^^^exhibit C ^^^^

Guess it takes multiple state championships to earn your respect, Elmer. That usually comes from a life unfulfilled.

elmerfudd

Quote from: HeberFan on November 12, 2018, 03:51:09 pm
Guess it takes multiple state championships to earn your respect, Elmer. That usually comes from an life unfulfilled.

Making it to the semis would be a nice start!

HeberFan

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 12, 2018, 03:52:27 pm
Making it to the semis would be a nice start!

Gotta start somewhere. That's the real issue here... respect is about much more than winning. I respect teams and kids that don't win a lot, but, keep coming to practice and off-season because they love the game and love their teammates. Takes a lot more character to play three years of sub-.500 ball than being on a team that wins a lot. Show me a kid who perseveres and I'll show you a kid with a great shot at being successful in life. Lots of circumstances and results deserve respect.

elmerfudd

Quote from: HeberFan on November 12, 2018, 03:56:03 pm
Gotta start somewhere. That's the real issue here... respect is about much more than winning. I respect teams and kids that don't win a lot, but, keep coming to practice and off-season because they love the game and love their teammates. Takes a lot more character to play three years of sub-.500 ball than being on a team that wins a lot. Show me a kid who perseveres and I'll show you a kid with a great shot at being successful in life. Lots of circumstances and results deserve respect.

Agreed. I respect players for various reasons, regardless of record.

HeberFan

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 12, 2018, 03:59:53 pm

The seniors at Hope just finished a 1-29 career.

That kind of dedication deserves respect. Very few kids can handle that kind of hardship. Lots of men can't, either. Go Bobcats.

knownothingboutfallball

From sounds of this Prescott cld beat NLR all the other 3A teams might as well stay at house I mean they are 1 point 1 fumble from being #1 seed and conference champs.

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: ESPNAnalyst44 on November 12, 2018, 01:56:33 pm
If you want good food, leave early and stop at Frank's Hickory House. Right off Hwy 65 as soon as you get into clinton.
To be more specific, Frank's is right by the gas station in Choctaw south of Clinton. The Hickory House is the best barbeque in the state from what I have experienced. Know the owners and they are down-home great people. Get the jumbo barbeque sandwich and onion rings and you will have to get some of their famous ice cream. Then you can watch the Jackets teach Prescott about the wing-T.

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on November 12, 2018, 04:37:39 pm
To be more specific, Frank's is right by the gas station in Choctaw south of Clinton. The Hickory House is the best barbeque in the state from what I have experienced. Know the owners and they are down-home great people. Get the jumbo barbeque sandwich and onion rings and you will have to get some of their famous ice cream. Then you can watch the Jackets teach Prescott about the wing-T.
I heard that some Wing T and Bque!!!!

JimmyChitwood

To be honest, I am a Clinton fan but I think the game will be very close. I think Clinton pulls it out because of the home field and the long trip for Prescott. Can't predict too much defense for these good offensive teams. 40-35 Clinton. That is 2 missed EP by Matt Gonzales.

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on November 12, 2018, 04:43:11 pm
To be honest, I am a Clinton fan but I think the game will be very close. I think Clinton pulls it out because of the home field and the long trip for Prescott. Can't predict too much defense for these good offensive teams. 40-35 Clinton. That is 2 missed EP by Matt Gonzales.
Our defense will not give up 40 pts. JS... And we can teach the Jackets the spread.

Robot Chicken

Curley Wolf 24 STOP!!! Your doing to much. Prescott is a good team so is Clinton.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: knownothingboutfallball on November 12, 2018, 04:34:42 pm
From sounds of this Prescott cld beat NLR all the other 3A teams might as well stay at house I mean they are 1 point 1 fumble from being #1 seed and conference champs.
Actually that would take 2 more points to get the win.

MO3Positive

November 12, 2018, 05:11:46 pm #188 Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 05:13:36 pm by MO3Positive
We welcome Prescott into town Friday and pray for safe travels and and an injury free game for both teams. Visited briefly with some Prescott scouters sitting on our side at the Mountain View game and could tell they were fine folks. In addition to the above restaurants mentioned we have a Huddle House that is great and there is a bistro in the strip mall behind the KFC that is really really good. This will be a great game between two great teams, neither of which need the approval or their praises sang by those who have no investment or real interest our town and team, although the support is appreciated by those who have said encouraging comments about our kiddos. We are beyond proud of our boys and coaches and they are proud of themselves and are looking forward to a great matchup and a great night of football! Oh and if you eat at Huddle House the big breakfast platter is great and can feed two people for about $10 unless you are my son who can handle the whole thing in about three minutes. Safe travels everyone!!

Roots4underdogs

[/quote

I read this really great post which prompted me to read through the rest of Mr. Fudd's posts and could not help but wonder if Ol' Elmer knows what it means to "respect" anyone or be "respectful"???
Elmer Fudd...do you have a child that plays a sport or, perhaps, are you the child playing ???  If you are either, than perhaps you are not the parent that drives all over the state regardless of whether your team is winning or losing and I can't imagine you are the parent that sees the hope and determination in your child's eyes...maybe you are the player that was never encouraged thus your only go to is to discourage others.
Here is what I know about this and any playoff game of any sport...these kids work their tail ends off to get here regardless of division or conference. They put hours in everyday, they get their bodies beat to heck at every game...so they can make their school proud, their parents proud, and their town proud.  At this stage in the game no one is getting stomped because they are trash or too slow...not every team has made it this far and that's something to be respected for.   These games are important for all of these boys on Friday..eight schools will be done for the season, that means there will be a lot of boys who will play their last game....EVER!!! They all have a dream and a hope on that field and then the Elmer Fudds of the world have to come in and try to kill it...shame!!!

Roots4underdogs

Quote from: MO3Positive on November 12, 2018, 05:11:46 pm
We welcome Prescott into town Friday and pray for safe travels and and an injury free game for both teams. Visited briefly with some Prescott scouters sitting on our side at the Mountain View game and could tell they were fine folks. In addition to the above restaurants mentioned we have a Huddle House that is great and there is a bistro in the strip mall behind the KFC that is really really good. This will be a great game between two great teams, neither of which need the approval or their praises sang by those who have no investment or real interest our town and team, although the support is appreciated by those who have said encouraging comments about our kiddos. We are beyond proud of our boys and coaches and they are proud of themselves and are looking forward to a great matchup and a great night of football! Oh and if you eat at Huddle House the big breakfast platter is great and can feed two people for about $10 unless you are my son who can handle the whole thing in about three minutes. Safe travels everyone!!

Amen

elmerfudd

Quote from: Roots4underdogs on November 12, 2018, 05:13:31 pm
[/quote

I read this really great post which prompted me to read through the rest of Mr. Fudd's posts and could not help but wonder if Ol' Elmer knows what it means to "respect" anyone or be "respectful"???
Elmer Fudd...do you have a child that plays a sport or, perhaps, are you the child playing ???  If you are either, than perhaps you are not the parent that drives all over the state regardless of whether your team is winning or losing and I can't imagine you are the parent that sees the hope and determination in your child's eyes...maybe you are the player that was never encouraged thus your only go to is to discourage others.
Here is what I know about this and any playoff game of any sport...these kids work their tail ends off to get here regardless of division or conference. They put hours in everyday, they get their bodies beat to heck at every game...so they can make their school proud, their parents proud, and their town proud.  At this stage in the game no one is getting stomped because they are trash or too slow...not every team has made it this far and that's something to be respected for.   These games are important for all of these boys on Friday..eight schools will be done for the season, that means there will be a lot of boys who will play their last game....EVER!!! They all have a dream and a hope on that field and then the Elmer Fudds of the world have to come in and try to kill it...shame!!!

If you truly read through the rest of my posts, then I seriously question your comprehension of the topics I've been arguing. You just wasted a lot of time on a long post that has NOTHING to do with what I've said, save one post that was actually supporting everything you just said.

Give me a break  ::)

Roots4underdogs

November 12, 2018, 05:27:53 pm #192 Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 05:29:35 pm by Roots4underdogs
Quote from: elmerfudd on November 12, 2018, 05:23:33 pm
If you truly read through the rest of my posts, then I seriously question your comprehension of the topics I've been arguing. You just wasted a lot of time on a long post that has NOTHING to do with what I've said, save one post that was actually supporting everything you just said.

Give me a break  ::)

That took me about two minutes of my time...from the looks of it...you've spent all day ragging on a bunch of kids... Need I say much more?

knownothingboutfallball

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 12, 2018, 05:11:24 pm
Actually that would take 2 more points to get the win.
+1 my bad 😂

CoolBreeze

Quote from: MO3Positive on November 12, 2018, 05:11:46 pm
Must be one of the guys in that massive line.

elmerfudd

Quote from: Roots4underdogs on November 12, 2018, 05:27:53 pm
That took me about two minutes of my time...from the looks of it...you've spent all day ragging on a bunch of kids... Need I say much more?

No, you've already proven your ignorance.

MO3Positive

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 12, 2018, 05:29:15 pm
Must be one of the guys in that massive line.

He isn't one of the lineman but sure eats like one! Ha!

Roots4underdogs

Oh Elmer...SMH...here you go again...fearless Friday forums got you all worked up. Lol. Tomorrow, after I have done grown up things all day, maybe I will come back and read all the nonsense you will post on your free time...
Either way, good luck to all the boys this Friday on every team, you have all worked hard to get to this point and you should be proud!

elmerfudd

Quote from: Roots4underdogs on November 12, 2018, 05:47:58 pm
Oh Elmer...SMH...here you go again...fearless Friday forums got you all worked up. Lol. Tomorrow, after I have done grown up things all day, maybe I will come back and read all the nonsense you will post on your free time...
Either way, good luck to all the boys this Friday on every team, you have all worked hard to get to this point and you should be proud!

I don't let someone with 4 posts get me worked up.

Roots4underdogs

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 12, 2018, 05:54:21 pm
I don't let someone with 4 posts get me worked up.

Bahahaha apparently you do! 
Mr. Fudd you just done roasted me...me and my four posts...five now! 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas