• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Post Season Sites

Started by HorseFeathers, December 15, 2018, 02:37:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

December 15, 2018, 02:37:16 pm Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 08:29:31 pm by HorseFeathers
Start with district tournament locstions please..

2A-1 --- Yellville

Region Rumors
west(1 and 4)---Yellville, Eureka Springs

YSpanther

2A District 1  District tournament will be in Yellville.  Heard the Jr. High will be in Decatur.

Regionals between the 1 and 4 in 2A have been bid on by Eureka Springs and Yellville.  Don't know about out of the 4.

LJ1985

Danville will be hosting the 4 and are also going to bid on the regional

Ctucker

I hope Pangburn gets state!

Mustangfans

BIC will host the 3 district

HoopKing

The 5 south will be at Carlisle.

birddawg1986

baseball13

Fordyce will host the 8. I Hope Hampton can get the 2a tournament again.

FromTheBench

Quitman hosting 2A 5 North. Would like to attend another state tournament there, or even regionals

THA TRUTH

Quote from: baseball13 on December 17, 2018, 11:32:52 am
Fordyce will host the 8. I Hope Hampton can get the 2a tournament again.

Agreed

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: FromTheBench on December 17, 2018, 02:19:56 pm
Quitman hosting 2A 5 North. Would like to attend another state tournament there, or even regionals
I'm definitely in favor of this.

YSpanther

Quote from: THA TRUTH on December 17, 2018, 02:26:03 pm

Agreed
Not agreed.  ;D

It may be a nice facility, but with the exception of Lafayette County or something like that, it is a long way for us to go.  Nobody down in 7 or 8 wants us to host one, I guarantee you that. 

THA TRUTH

Quote from: YSpanther on December 17, 2018, 05:21:19 pm
Not agreed.  ;D

It may be a nice facility, but with the exception of Lafayette County or something like that, it is a long way for us to go.  Nobody down in 7 or 8 wants us to host one, I guarantee you that.

But yet the north gets em almost every year.... heaven forbid other teams travel

YSpanther

December 18, 2018, 04:55:15 pm #13 Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 05:04:17 pm by YSpanther
Quote from: THA TRUTH on December 18, 2018, 12:26:28 pm

But yet the north gets em almost every year.... heaven forbid other teams travel
Our first year back in 2A in a long time.  Out of curiosity, where has state been the last few years in 2A?

And just because a location may be North to some of y'all, doesn't mean it isn't South to some of us.  All locations are relative.

YSpanther

Looked up the last 3.  Quitman last year.  North of Conway, but trust me, that ain't north to most of us up here.  Marmaduke the year before.  That is the top right corner.  It may be north, but it is as much east as anything.  I would hate to be an Acorn, or Lavaca or Foreman or Decatur having to go there.  And the year before that it was Pangburn, that is slightly North, but more central to east than true north.  Quitman is 57 miles from Little Rock, Hampton is 91.  Going in pretty much opposite directions. I think the main problem for 2A is that most of the 2A schools are more in the periphery of the state, and less are centrally located.

Cheek

Carlisle works for me,  but Poyen will get it this year.

Ctucker

Quote from: YSpanther on December 18, 2018, 05:30:05 pm
Looked up the last 3.  Quitman last year.  North of Conway, but trust me, that ain't north to most of us up here.  Marmaduke the year before.  That is the top right corner.  It may be north, but it is as much east as anything.  I would hate to be an Acorn, or Lavaca or Foreman or Decatur having to go there.  And the year before that it was Pangburn, that is slightly North, but more central to east than true north.  Quitman is 57 miles from Little Rock, Hampton is 91.  Going in pretty much opposite directions. I think the main problem for 2A is that most of the 2A schools are more in the periphery of the state, and less are centrally located.

last year it was at WCC not Quitman that was year before!

YSpanther

Quote from: Ctucker on December 18, 2018, 09:04:27 pm
last year it was at WCC not Quitman that was year before!
You are correct sir. When looking on the AAA I didn't look closely enough and assumed the top one was this years, but it was last.  So that makes the point even more.  Judsonia may be on the northeastern side at 56 miles from Little Rock, but it is far from Eureka Springs or Yellville.  You can throw a rock from here and hit Missouri. 

Poyen is like Judsonia, just to the southwest.  Sounds like a good location and a nice nod to the southerners who have had to travel further the last few years.  Does Bigelow or Magnet Cove have nice enough facilities to pull one off?

Ctucker

I think they should centrally locate it just my opinion!

FoxandHound34

Bigelow doesn't u less they've got a new gym then the last time I was up there in 12

YSpanther

Quote from: Ctucker on December 18, 2018, 09:21:04 pm
I think they should centrally locate it just my opinion!
I am with you, but I think the AAA loves to outsource all the work and bogart all the profits.  If they put it in a place like an Alltell in Little Rock or UCA's facility they would have to pay rent and wouldn't have all the volunteers putting on the hospitality room etc.  So less bottom line profit for them, even if Foreman has to travel to BIC at 320 miles.

NEark tigers

December 19, 2018, 10:19:33 pm #21 Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 10:21:25 pm by NEark tigers
NEEDS TO STAY IN THE NORTH....

ITS WHERE REAL CHAMPIONSHIP BASKETBALL IS PLAYED...JUST LOOK AT THE LAST THREE YEARS!

BUFFALO ISLAND CENTRAL OR MARMADUKE WILL BE JUST FINE...

MomaLion

Marmaduke is too cramped.  I'd like to see it at Pangburn again.

Mustangfans

Quote from: MomaLion on December 20, 2018, 01:08:21 am
You hit that one right on the head!!

RedWolf275

BIC doesn't have the parking at the moment due to building a new high school around their gym.

FromTheBench

Quote from: MomaLion on December 20, 2018, 01:08:21 am

I think majority of visiting teams that go to Pangburn hate going there. No one ever sits on visitor side because of those steep and uncomfortable bleachers. There are better gyms out there, but none of that matters because those seats are there and that's all AAA needs is a minimum amount. I like their arena, just not comfortable for all day basketball like a state tournament.

Ctucker

WCC is not bidding on state this year!

Cheek

Quote from: FromTheBench on December 20, 2018, 08:09:04 am
I think majority of visiting teams that go to Pangburn hate going there. No one ever sits on visitor side because of those steep and uncomfortable bleachers. There are better gyms out there, but none of that matters because those seats are there and that's all AAA needs is a minimum amount. I like their arena, just not comfortable for all day basketball like a state tournament.

Pangburn was a very good place to host the State Tour. 

MomaLion

I agree,  it's a great site.

YSpanther

Quote from: Ctucker on December 20, 2018, 12:41:13 pm
WCC is not bidding on state this year!
Are they down, or just taking a natural break from it?  Yellville just doesn't have enough seating.  We have a great gym with most of it being nice chairback seating, but we have a lot of wasted space in the corners that you could put cruddy bleachers on, and on the other end we have built in windows for the concession stand workers. But it is a flat brick wall with no seating on that end.  Think Melbourne but just a little smaller and without that big bleacher end they have built in behind one basket.

Ctucker

RedWolf275

Heard last light that Rector and Marmaduke bid on the 2A-3 vs 2A-6 regional.

FromTheBench

I think Pangburn has a greta gym, don't get me wrong, just don't like the visitor bleachers. I would not mind attending another region or state tournament there.

birddawg1986

Quote from: RedWolf275 on December 21, 2018, 08:06:13 am
Heard last light that Rector and Marmaduke bid on the 2A-3 vs 2A-6 regional.
If those are the only two I sure hope Rector gets and not Marmaduke.

swarkball

Hampton, Quitman, and Pangburn were all great sites. Did not have good experiences at WCC, or marmaduke. Maybe because I'm claustrophobic 🤢

Ctucker

Quote from: swarkball on December 24, 2018, 09:02:14 am
Hampton, Quitman, and Pangburn were all great sites. Did not have good experiences at WCC, or marmaduke. Maybe because I'm claustrophobic 🤢
. WCC seats plenty I was there every day never seen a problem with seating but like I said we are not bidding! I want Pangburn because they have better food than we have or most places I've been and it's only 15 minutes from WCC

MomaLion

Carlisle has the best food and parking.

Ctucker

Quote from: MomaLion on December 24, 2018, 11:52:30 pm
Carlisle has the best food and parking.
. Never been to Carlisle!

FromTheBench

WCC was not a good spot for state.. would be a great gym for a good district tournament. Nice place, but too small and cramped. I was there when Marked Tree and Clarendon played and it was tight

Ctucker

It was tight when epc and played Cedar at Sloan and they have huge gym no matter we're you play when great teams play it's gonna be cramped so it really don't matter but if it bothers you so much read! I said WCC is NOT going to bid! And I know that for a fact! But as far as 2 a goes it's pretty central located

RedWolf275

Quote from: birddawg1986 on December 23, 2018, 01:50:05 pm
If those are the only two I sure hope Rector gets and not Marmaduke.

I'm with you on Rector. Parking isn't the greatest but the gym is excellent. To my knowledge Rector has not held a regional or a state in their current gym.

birddawg1986

Did Clarendon every complete the new gym project? Seen the 3D model, and looked very impressive. Didn't like the drive but Carlisle had a nice gym when they hosted regionals in 2017. BIC hasn't hosted anything regional/state wise in a hot minute but is also and a good place to play.

FromTheBench

I read just fine CTuck, a lot better than you type. Was just stating my opinion, and from what I've seen you can respect that. Merry Christmas everybody

MomaLion

Quote from: Ctucker on December 25, 2018, 08:30:32 am
. Never been to Carlisle!
Very nice gym close to I40 and has a huge paved parking lot, upper level walkway and lots of seating.

MomaLion

Quote from: birddawg1986 on December 25, 2018, 01:59:41 pm
Did Clarendon every complete the new gym project? Seen the 3D model, and looked very impressive. Didn't like the drive but Carlisle had a nice gym when they hosted regionals in 2017. BIC hasn't hosted anything regional/state wise in a hot minute but is also and a good place to play.
We are in the process of building right now...got held up on a few things including tearing down a historical building(hated to see it go but it was not at all safe to use and it wasn't realistic to upgrade).  We are projected to have it open by Christmas next year.

MomaLion

Quote from: FromTheBench on December 25, 2018, 09:23:45 am
WCC was not a good spot for state.. would be a great gym for a good district tournament. Nice place, but too small and cramped. I was there when Marked Tree and Clarendon played and it was tight

Tight is an understatement lol but it was a great atmosphere and was only really packed on the last day.

MomaLion

Quote from: Ctucker on December 25, 2018, 09:36:18 am
It was tight when epc and played Cedar at Sloan and they have huge gym no matter we're you play when great teams play it's gonna be cramped so it really don't matter but if it bothers you so much read! I said WCC is NOT going to bid! And I know that for a fact! But as far as 2 a goes it's pretty central located
For once I agree with you...dang that hurt to type  :-\ ...it's going to be packed when you have good teams that bring lots of fans.

Ctucker

Quote from: MomaLion on December 25, 2018, 11:35:16 pm
For once I agree with you...dang that hurt to type  :-\ ...it's going to be packed when you have good teams that bring lots of fans.
I guess you comprehend what you read on this thread!

Ctucker

Quote from: FromTheBench on December 25, 2018, 09:21:02 pm
I read just fine CTuck, a lot better than you type. Was just stating my opinion, and from what I've seen you can respect that. Merry
Quote from: FromTheBench on December 25, 2018, 09:21:02 pm
I read just fine CTuck, a lot better than you type. Was just stating my opinion, and from what I've seen you can respect that. Merry Christmas everybody
Forgot you was a English teacher sorry I don't type good enough for you but I guess your hard to please I mean Pangburns isn't good enough for you and our gym and my typing! Sorry to disappoint! Wait no I'm not could care less what your Butt thinks!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: MomaLion on December 25, 2018, 11:27:33 pm
Very nice gym close to I40 and has a huge paved parking lot, upper level walkway and lots of seating.

the upper level walkway is a problem for the upper level seats, people stand around on it, blocking the view from the upper seats. kinda dumb in my opinion.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas