• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

County Line @ Wonderview

Started by BossBaby, October 16, 2018, 11:18:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BossBaby

How are County Lines sr boys looking? I hear the Wonderview girls looked bad out of shape at the green & white game the other night. Any chance for upsets this evening?

Bigleague

My guess would be county line boys a top 4 team in state.      Again!!!!

thebigman3

Quote from: Bigleague on October 16, 2018, 11:52:51 am
My guess would be county line boys a top 4 team in state.      Again!!!!
With a weak schedule and get beat out of state... AGAIN!!!!

Bigleague

Ice Water

Possible different perspective. County Line overachieves all season long, before running into too much talent that they finally can't overcome.

People on here give some teams grief for being "overrated" when they bow out of the postseason early. I'm not sure that's always the case. Maybe they were winning games all season that they shouldn't have been.

Not saying this is necessarily the case with CL every year, but I think sometimes it applies. 

HorseFeathers

Some on here wish they had the success that Brunson has had at County Line.... Sure he's got a monkey on his back in state tournament...

What I'm curious to see, is how they handle the new charter schools in their district...

HorseFeathers

Wonderview swept Line tonight...Girls won by 35ish Boys by 6

Bigleague

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 16, 2018, 07:19:58 pm
Some on here wish they had the success that Brunson has had at County Line.... Sure he's got a monkey on his back in state tournament...

What I'm curious to see, is how they handle the new charter schools in their district...

A monkey? More like a cement truck

SackAttack

Quote from: Bigleague on October 16, 2018, 10:55:26 pm
A monkey? More like a cement truck
I was thinking more like an iceberg

gobblerfire

This game wasn't near as close as the score indicates. Wonderview was up 20 with about 5 minutes to play and both teams went to the end out their respective benches. County Line's bench made a big run and got it close with a minute to play. Wonderview's starting 5 returned to preserve the win. County Line did not return any of their starters.

scrapdig

How is Wonderview boys?  Is the Squire kid good?  I'm guessing he is coaches son?  Who are their top players?

Motownsportsfan

Quote from: scrapdig on October 23, 2018, 10:04:28 am
How is Wonderview boys?  Is the Squire kid good?  I'm guessing he is coaches son?  Who are their top players?
Yes squires is coaches son. He went for 28 against county line. A very good player. The team is not real big but play good defense and very scrappy. They don't have a lot of length but have some kids that jump really well. The squires kid is 5ft 10" or maybe 5 ft 11" and dunks it pretty good.

scrapdig

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on October 23, 2018, 10:15:03 am
Yes squires is coaches son. He went for 28 against county line. A very good player. The team is not real big but play good defense and very scrappy. They don't have a lot of length but have some kids that jump really well. The squires kid is 5ft 10" or maybe 5 ft 11" and dunks it pretty good.
Interesting.  Do they jump boxes, weights, etc?

Motownsportsfan

I think a couple do some kind of leg building during the summer but not as a team. Pretty sure the squires kid did it. Either way the kid can elevate

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas