• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Battle of the Bulldogs... Springdale at Fayetteville

Started by Razorback Red, October 14, 2018, 09:34:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback Red

Biggest game in the 7A West this week.  If Sdale wants to contend for the 2-3 seed, this one is a must win.  I think Sdale will be able to throw the ball on FHS, but can their D slow down FHS's passing attack.  Bowers should be closer to full speed this week.

I think this one is closer than some, but still expect FHS to win by 10. 

Rob Van Winkle

Red Dogs haven't won in this series since 2008 and big time seeding implications are at stake. Playing at Harmon Field is always a difficult task so the Red Dogs will have their work cut out for them. I am sure the Purple Dogs will be ready to go after losing a tough one last week. Should be a good game.

Maynard G Krebs

Hard to believe David Bazzell hasn't created a trophy for this rivalry. Maybe it be trophy depicting two bulldogs fighting over a bone.  The game could be billed as the Boner Bowl.

Razorback Red

tj1987

Key match up is Fay D Line vs Springdale O Line.  That's why its going to be tough for Springdale to win.

Rob Van Winkle

Springdale's glaring weakness is run defense. They have been exposed the past few weeks. I know FV isn't a great running team but Dawson is a great coach and I will be shocked if he does not try to find a way to run the ball. If Springdale loads the box then FV gets what they want with single coverage on the WR's.

On the other side I agree with TJ-the game is Springdale's O-Line vs. Fayetteville's D-Line. Springdale will have to use a quick passing game and rely on Allen's feet to make a few plays. If Springdale can run the ball with some success and force FV to load the box they do have some weapons on the outside that can make plays. Springdale needs their RB to get on track early if they want to have a chance.

I think both teams mirror each other with very good QB play and good skill players. The defense that steps up and makes some plays will determine the outcome IMO.

From a playoff perspective, the loser of this will more than likely get the 4 seed and that means a 2nd round trip to NLR. No one wants that......

tj1987

Good analysis, I just think Fay front 7 on D is too strong and athletic.

businesstron

Fayetteville win soundly.  Springdale is better this year but they are on the other side of the gap at #4 in the 7a west while Fayetteville and the Bentonville schools occupy the top 3 spots. 

Razorback Red

Where is Zarns?  I'm ready to hear the reasons why Sdale is going to win on Fri. 

zarns

Razorback Red

Any update on how bad the Sdale QB is hurt?  Hoping it's not bad and he is 100% the rest of the way. 

Rob Van Winkle

He's done for the rest of the season. Huge loss for the Red Dogs

RamblinWest

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on October 20, 2018, 05:21:45 pm
He's done for the rest of the season. Huge loss for the Red Dogs

Hate to hear that about Grant Allen, he was having a great senior season.  I hope he has a quick and full recovery.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas