• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A 7 West Preseason thoughts and predictions

Started by swarkball, May 03, 2018, 01:11:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

swarkball

Spring ball is approaching fast. Anyone have any way too early thoughts and predictions for the upcoming season?

Here's mine:

7 West

1.) Foreman Gators
2.) Mineral Springs Hornets
3.) Gurdon Go-Devils
4.) Mt Ida Lions
*#5 is tricky. I see three teams in a tight battle for this one between Dierks, Spring Hill, and Murfreesborro. But, since the Bears went 2-0 vs them last season, ill give them the edge for now.*
5.) Spring Hill Bears
6.) Dierks Outlaws
7.) Lafayette County Cougars
8.) Murfreesborro Rattlers

- Not exactly sure who all Foreman brings back, but i know they bring a guy with 4.2 speed, that is huge. I think they have some linemen graduating. They are the reigning state champs so they get that #1 Nod until someone take them down. Need a Gator Fan (couch-coach, or Eslim to fill us in on who they have coming back)

- Mineral Springs returns 23 players from last years team, will always be loaded with speed and if they can stay out of trouble they will challenge for the number one spot.

- The Go- Devils went 2-1 vs. 2A opponents in '17 and will only build off of that this season. They should excel now that they are back in 2A ball. They have two very nice halfbacks in threadgil and Anderson. Its time for Coach Jackson to get the Ball really rolling in Go-Devil Land. (and find a way to stop Prescott from poaching all the good talent) haha

- I can see things going a lot of different directions this season for mt ida. They are losing some talented players, but also return their QB and a RB. Losing 14 starters will hurt, especially in the beginning of the season. i know they will be physical, well coached, and wont hurt themselves. Thats a recipe for success. I see them being as high as the 2 or 3 range. Or falling to 6 and out of the playoffs. They could start the season 0-4 or 1-3.

- Spring Hill brings back a solid and big group of linemen, and a back with 4.4 speed. Thats good. If they get back to their old school, physical selves that they once were under TP, there is no reason they shouldn't  reach the playoffs. We will see exactly where they are week 1 because the face a  '17 semi-final Conway-Christian team at home. Lets see if they can beat a good team this year.

- Dierks was very young last year. A team littered with sophomore talent, that always pays off in the long run. The few times i watch them last season, their offense was as vanilla as i have ever seen. so with maybe more experience and a few tweaks, they can push for a playoff berth.

- The cougars always seem to have athletic and talented players, but still underachieve in my opinion.

- Was able to watch the Rattlers play a few times last season and it was sad to see them struggle the way they did. They appeared to be way to reliant of finesse with issues every where. I don't see many more W's coming this season.

Eslim03

I think it goes like this:

1. Foreman
2. Mt. Ida
3. Mineral Springs
4. Gurdon
5. Lafayette County
6. Dierks
7. Spring Hill
8. Murfreesboro

Foreman brings back 7 on defense and 6 on offense that were starters. Although the gators were very deep and many more saw significant playing time. They bring up a very talented group of freshmen that will have some contributing immediately in game one. It's a good time to be a gator and they will come into the season with championship aspirations.

Mt. Ida will lose more than foreman but will still be very good and I think is clearly a contender in the 7.

Mineral and Gurdon will fight it out for the 3rd and 4th spot.

The 5th spot is up for grabs in my opinion between Lafayette County, Dierks and Spring Hill. I'm going with Lafayette because of returning talent.

Murfreesboro is in total rebuild mode and will struggle.

Dogg

Quote from: swarkball on May 03, 2018, 01:11:27 pm
Spring ball is approaching fast. Anyone have any way too early thoughts and predictions for the upcoming season?

Here's mine:

7 West

1.) Foreman Gators
2.) Mineral Springs Hornets
3.) Gurdon Go-Devils
4.) Mt Ida Lions
*#5 is tricky. I see three teams in a tight battle for this one between Dierks, Spring Hill, and Murfreesborro. But, since the Bears went 2-0 vs them last season, ill give them the edge for now.*
5.) Spring Hill Bears
6.) Dierks Outlaws
7.) Lafayette County Cougars
8.) Murfreesborro Rattlers

- Not exactly sure who all Foreman brings back, but i know they bring a guy with 4.2 speed, that is huge. I think they have some linemen graduating. They are the reigning state champs so they get that #1 Nod until someone take them down. Need a Gator Fan (couch-coach, or Eslim to fill us in on who they have coming back)

- Mineral Springs returns 23 players from last years team, will always be loaded with speed and if they can stay out of trouble they will challenge for the number one spot.

- The Go- Devils went 2-1 vs. 2A opponents in '17 and will only build off of that this season. They should excel now that they are back in 2A ball. They have two very nice halfbacks in threadgil and Anderson. Its time for Coach Jackson to get the Ball really rolling in Go-Devil Land. (and find a way to stop Prescott from poaching all the good talent) haha

- I can see things going a lot of different directions this season for mt ida. They are losing some talented players, but also return their QB and a RB. Losing 14 starters will hurt, especially in the beginning of the season. i know they will be physical, well coached, and wont hurt themselves. Thats a recipe for success. I see them being as high as the 2 or 3 range. Or falling to 6 and out of the playoffs. They could start the season 0-4 or 1-3.

- Spring Hill brings back a solid and big group of linemen, and a back with 4.4 speed. Thats good. If they get back to their old school, physical selves that they once were under TP, there is no reason they shouldn't  reach the playoffs. We will see exactly where they are week 1 because the face a  '17 semi-final Conway-Christian team at home. Lets see if they can beat a good team this year.

- Dierks was very young last year. A team littered with sophomore talent, that always pays off in the long run. The few times i watch them last season, their offense was as vanilla as i have ever seen. so with maybe more experience and a few tweaks, they can push for a playoff berth.

- The cougars always seem to have athletic and talented players, but still underachieve in my opinion.

- Was able to watch the Rattlers play a few times last season and it was sad to see them struggle the way they did. They appeared to be way to reliant of finesse with issues every where. I don't see many more W's coming this season.
who has 4.2 speed ?

NWA Hawg

Dogg

My point exactly. You don't have a handful of guys in the entire United States with 4.2 speed

mulerida

Kyren Batey was timed at a 4.2 via Richard Davenport. At sau camp he was unofficially clocked with a 4.2 as well.

Dogg

4.2 really? And he ran an 11.2 100 meters at the 2A State Track Meet and finished 3rd.
If you have 4.2 speed in the 40 that means you can possibly run 10.2 or below in the 100 meters. 40 times can be deceiving and it depends on who is controlling the clock.
11.2 100 meters puts you in in the mid 4.5 range

eldofan

Eslim03

Ok I've stayed out of this argument for all of last year but dogg he ran a 11.00 in the prelims and a 11.15 in the finals. Kyren's strongest asset for his speed is acceleration. Therefore you can't say slower 100 meter means slower forty times. All this no kid from Arkansas can run this fast is ignorant. I guess if he is from Texas would it be possible I mean really? It don't matter where a kid is from that dictates how fast a kid can run ok. With all that said I don't think he is 4.2 but it is reportedly a hand held time and I do know his coaches also timed him 3 or 4 weeks ago in the 4.3's. It too being hand held. I would be willing to bet money on him being able to run in the 4.4's range laser but yes 4.2 is definitely a stretch.

we_hate_the_band

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Eslim03 on May 04, 2018, 02:03:44 pm
Ok I've stayed out of this argument for all of last year but dogg he ran a 11.00 in the prelims and a 11.15 in the finals. Kyren's strongest asset for his speed is acceleration. Therefore you can't say slower 100 meter means slower forty times. All this no kid from Arkansas can run this fast is ignorant. I guess if he is from Texas would it be possible I mean really? It don't matter where a kid is from that dictates how fast a kid can run ok. With all that said I don't think he is 4.2 but it is reportedly a hand held time and I do know his coaches also timed him 3 or 4 weeks ago in the 4.3's. It too being hand held. I would be willing to bet money on him being able to run in the 4.4's range laser but yes 4.2 is definitely a stretch.

Can you name a kid from Arkansas that can run that fast?

Eslim03

Quote from: fann07 on May 04, 2018, 02:10:22 pm
Can you name a kid from Arkansas that can run that fast?

Evidently Kyren Batey it was reported about a year ago from a camp in Fayetteville.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Eslim03 on May 04, 2018, 02:13:32 pm

Evidently Kyren Batey it was reported about a year ago from a camp in Fayetteville.

Well if so and if he gets invited to the NFL combine a few years down the road he will be one of the top 12 or so fastest players ever! With that being said, I don't believe its ignorant to think that there isn't a kid in Arkansas that fast.

Eslim03

Quote from: fann07 on May 04, 2018, 02:22:58 pm
Well if so and if he gets invited to the NFL combine a few years down the road he will be one of the top 12 or so fastest players ever! With that being said, I don't believe its ignorant to think that there isn't a kid in Arkansas that fast.

I understand your beliefs and I agree with you actually because their probably isn't 1 or 2 kids in the nation that might can run in the 4.2's. With that said all I'm saying is a Arkansas Razorback Coach is the man that was on the clock with the reported time not me, not one of his family and not anyone from foreman.

Dogg

Quote from: Eslim03 on May 04, 2018, 02:03:44 pm
Ok I've stayed out of this argument for all of last year but dogg he ran a 11.00 in the prelims and a 11.15 in the finals. Kyren's strongest asset for his speed is acceleration. Therefore you can't say slower 100 meter means slower forty times. All this no kid from Arkansas can run this fast is ignorant. I guess if he is from Texas would it be possible I mean really? It don't matter where a kid is from that dictates how fast a kid can run ok. With all that said I don't think he is 4.2 but it is reportedly a hand held time and I do know his coaches also timed him 3 or 4 weeks ago in the 4.3's. It too being hand held. I would be willing to bet money on him being able to run in the 4.4's range laser but yes 4.2 is definitely a stretch. 4.48-4.5 range would be more realistic
I have seen him run and watched game tape of his acceleration but it's not 4.2 if you want to see an example of what 4.2 acceleration looks like on a football field go YouTube Shabazz from Pine Bluff back in day.

Dogg

Quote from: Eslim03 on May 04, 2018, 02:13:32 pm

The former staff at Arkansas probally did clock him 4.2 because the first thing the new coach identified was the HOGS had no speed. That's why that staff is no longer there.

Eslim03

May 04, 2018, 02:55:18 pm #16 Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 03:05:58 pm by Eslim03
I'm close to Shabazz's age and I know very well what he looked like in person. Was he 4.2 speed because nobody in Arkansas could possibly do that lol.

Dogg

FootballFever

Batey  was timed by Coach Hargreaves at a 4.24 last summer at an Arkansas camp.  He thought that he messed up with the watch & Batey ran it a second time, both times were 4.24  thats hand held times.  Batey is a legit 4.3 forty kid, but more than that the kid is a player.  Anything under 4.5 is fast, but fast doesn't mean you can play the game.  Last year Batey's best 100 was a 10.8 as a sophomore.  Also at the track meet he was long jumping & triple jumping.  If all he had to do was run the 100 he could go lower than 10.8

Dogg

He's a dynamic football player and he is fast. He just not 4.2 fast. The kid from lighthouse also long jumped and triple jumped and he ran 10.89 for first place. Batey is a playmaker I'm not disputing his talent. He's just doesn't have 4.2 speed

Eslim03

Ok let's get this thread back on topic. I get tired of hearing about this forty time. Kyren is definitely a dynamic football player with one more year left. Lots of talent around him and should have a special year coming.

FootballFever

i was at the state meet & the kid from lighthouse did not long jump or triple jump,  he does 2 events the 100 & 4x100  But he is fast and the 2 time defending champ in the 100

FootballFever

No doubt that Foreman is the clear favorite to win the 7AA and should be in the preseason top 3 to win a another state championship.

Dogg

Quote from: FootballFever on May 05, 2018, 12:53:58 am
i was at the state meet & the kid from lighthouse did not long jump or triple jump,  he does 2 events the 100 & 4x100  But he is fast and the 2 time defending champ in the 100
Robert Whitfield finished 7th in the long jump 1st in 100 & 200 it's posted on the AAA website

mulerida

I'm hearing formans HC will probably get the Hope job.

stuck in between

I've been wrong before, but I don't see King leaving until after this upcoming year anyways. Foreman is in the running for another state championship. Possibly having two under your belt or at worst one and another deep run would set him up nicely for a much better job than the dumpster fire at Hope. Just my opinion though.

old.dole

Idk if he wants to be ringmaster of the next royal rumble in the principals office over at hope

ak58

If you win back to back state championships you could get a job just about anywhere. He has turned programs around everywhere he's been.

Hogman2018

Quote from: mulerida on May 04, 2018, 01:05:49 pm
Kyren Batey was timed at a 4.2 via Richard Davenport. At sau camp he was unofficially clocked with a 4.2 as well.
U done lost your mind no way a 4.2!! He is not even in the fast heat at the Meet of Champs in the 100 meters!

stuck in between

Quote from: Hogman2018 on May 07, 2018, 05:58:44 pm
  U done lost your mind no way a 4.2!! He is not even in the fast heat at the Meet of Champs in the 100 meters!

Way too much descussion regarding what Batey did or did not run a 40 in. We all beat this horse to death last year. What his actual 40 time is does not matter. There will not be a time that he steps on the field that he will not be the fastest kid out there. Just like last year.

Rida4Life

Quote from: FootballFever on May 05, 2018, 12:53:58 am
SOOOOO what was his excuse in the prelims before all that?  All I know is that Batey got dusted multiple times and tapped out of the 200m finals.
4.2 or not.... he didn't appear to be in "meet" shape.

CURLEYWOLF24

May 08, 2018, 11:13:41 am #31 Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 09:26:32 am by CURLEYWOLF24
Quote from: mulerida on May 05, 2018, 03:26:25 pm
I'm hearing formans HC will probably get the Hope job.
My sources tell me that Coach King is staying put in Gator country.   

Eslim03

Quote from: Rida4Life on May 08, 2018, 10:53:29 am
SOOOOO what was his excuse in the prelims before all that?  All I know is that Batey got dusted multiple times and tapped out of the 200m finals.
4.2 or not.... he didn't appear to be in "meet" shape.

Well we will see if he is in football shape come September 7th. I don't imagine their will be any tapping out that Friday night. Although may be a early night for the young man.

Rida4Life

It might be.  I'm just reporting what happened at state track meet.  I never said he wasn't fast... just reported facts from the meet.

And in fairness, yes he won the Long Jump... in dominant fashion.

Eslim03

It's all good Rida just didn't like the tapping out and dusted comments.

Rida4Life

Yeah... I could have had a better choice of words.  Kid can ball... no doubt about that.

BigBob

Think the 4.4 speed kid from Spring Hill is returning to Hope. There goes all our speed. Hehe

Eslim03

I read a post on the 4A board that coach bates is leaving Dierks for Waldron. Is this true outlaw faithful? Also coach king will be back at Foreman turning down the Hope job thank goodness.

Eslim03

May 10, 2018, 03:04:58 am #38 Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 03:21:26 am by Eslim03
Stuck in between it's time for your thoughts on the conference. I like hearing a educated man's thoughts on this subject. This 40 time has made me comment on it. Dang that. I get tired of all the naysayers opinion because they don't have a kid playing for their school that has been to Fayetteville and recorded a 4.2 forty. Hand held time. Sheesh it is a coach that held the stop watch. And he ran it twice with many people that didn't believe the first run. This is fact people!!! It is documented and Otis Kirk reported it.

stuck in between

Quote from: Eslim03 on May 10, 2018, 03:04:58 am
Stuck in between it's time for your thoughts on the conference. I like hearing a educated man's thoughts on this subject. This 40 time has made me comment on it. Dang that. I get tired of all the naysayers opinion because they don't have a kid playing for their school that has been to Fayetteville and recorded a 4.2 forty. Hand held time. Sheesh it is a coach that held the stop watch. And he ran it twice with many people that didn't believe the first run. This is fact people!!! It is documented and Otis Kirk reported it.

Patience is bitter, but it's fruits are sweet - still waiting on a couple of things to play out before I put my two cents in.

couch-coach06

1. Foreman - return best player in 2a football with plenty of other skill guys around him.. offensive line will be young but they did get lots of playing time last year and have good size... Defense will be good again ..

2. Mt. Ida- they did graduate a ton but the nucleus is still there
3. Mineral springs - they lost some key seniors but it's year two under a good coach and there is always tallent walking those Hall's.
4. Gurdon - they endured the worst year in recent memory last year in 3a... Like mineral athletes are generally plentiful .. with the rest of the conference down I'll put them in the top 4.
5 - 8is a crap shoot in my opinion ...

N2DEEP

The International Association of Athletics Federations says to add 0.24 seconds to hand-timed races to convert to the probable electronic timing.

ak58

Quote from: BigBob on May 09, 2018, 09:32:39 am
Think the 4.4 speed kid from Spring Hill is returning to Hope. There goes all our speed. Hehe
He's staying at SH.

stuck in between

The 2017 football season proved to be a banner year for the 7-2A that ended with a conference showdown in Little Rock. A lot has been argued as far as which conference holds the title for the toughest to compete in, but no one can ignore the fact that the last two state champions were a member of the 7-2A. However, as true as that is it was obvious that the conference was top heavy, and the caliber of teams did drop significantly after the top three to four. Only Mount Ida, Foreman, and Mountain Pine ended the season above .500 on the field with Mineral Springs coming together late winning five of their last seven including a first-round playoff win at Hampton. . Perhaps success will find it's way to a couple of the programs that have suffered recently. So, strictly for entertainment purposes only I will begin my preseason rankings and rundown of how I think things will unfold once that first whistle blows on the 2018 season.

1 - Foreman – The Gators shocked most of the state last year by avenging a week seven loss against Mount Ida in December at War Memorial Stadium and winning it's first state championship. Since the 2016 season Coach Mark King along with a very talented group of kids have done a great job of turning a program that had averaged less than 1.5 wins per season the previous nine years into a modern-day powerhouse. Twelve seniors graduated from last year's team that went 13-1. As talented as that group was the Gators will still hold on to three of their top four rushers. Sr.  Kyren Batey will try to follow up on his breakout Jr. season where he compiled 2,381 total yards and 35 touchdowns. Jr. Isaac Carver who had 1018 total yards should complement Batey well after having a year of Sr. high ball under his belt. Chase Boyd will anchor down the fullback spot where he combined for very respectable 579 total yards last year. The Gators still have a few holes to plug losing slot back CJ Green along with most of their offensive line. Foreman was equally as impressive on the other side of the ball in 2017 giving up an average of 11.3 points per game and pitching four shutouts. Much like the offense they will return three of their top five leading tacklers. Look for Sophomore Chris Haywood to build on his team high of 98 tackles (48 TFL) as well as Sr. Davin Cross 83 tackles (32 TFL) to lead the defense. Someone will have to fill the shoes of Logan Lindsay, Corey Lovewell and Brandon Thomas who combined for more than 250 tackles last year. The schedule is set up nicely for Foreman to make a run at it's first conference championship since 1987 getting both Mount Ida and Gurdon at home, but they will have to make a week eight trip to Mineral Springs.

2 – Mount Ida – Few teams are fortunate enough to experience the success that Mount Ida has. They have pushed and shoved their conference foes around at will for the past several years. The Lions, who outscored their opponents by almost 31 points per contest were just one game away from repeating their 2007 perfect season and winning a third and second straight state title when they ran into vengeful Foreman team. The cards fell in Foreman's favor and the Lions had to settle with a 2nd place finish which is still something most teams would love to have on their resume.  Mount Ida graduated a fantastic group of fourteen seniors that only lost three games their entire high school career. That is a remarkable feat in itseaf.  Ida's ground and pound offense will be led again this season by Sr. Jonathan Lagrange who led the team last year with 1,279 rushing yards followed by fellow Sr. Cade Jackson who added 1,214 total yards to the Lion's offense. Missing from the equation will be Cade Helms whose 646 rushing yards and 86 total tackles played a key part in their success. Defensively the Lions will need to replace Bridger Farmer who led the team with 111 total tackles. The team should be headed by Champ Saylors and Lagrange who combined for 161 tackles last year. Mount Ida is losing quality linemen Caleb Woodfield and Gunner Gilbert on both sides of the ball. Their style of play hinges on having a dominate offensive line. Finding replacements for these guys will be crucial, but I am sure they will not have to look too far. I have the Lions in the number two spot due to having to face a couple of their toughest opponents on the road this year having to travel to Foreman and Gurdon.

3 – Mineral Springs – I believe this is the year that the Hornets could make some noise. After starting off 0-5 the Hornets were able to get their wheels under them and win five of their last seven including their first playoff game since 2012 holding three of those opponents scoreless eventually suffering a season ending loss to Earle that later was ruled a forfeit in Mineral's favor giving them a six-win season and allowing them to finish above .500 for the first time since 2012. Coach Bennett appears to have the ship headed in the right direction.

4 – Gurdon – Gurdon returns to the 7-2A after a two-year lackluster performance in the 5-3A where they managed just three conference wins. The Go-Devils are hoping to find some success in their old conference where they once dominated.  To compete with the top dogs the Go-Devils are going to have to find a way to increase their offensive production having only averaged a hair over 20 points per game the last two years. That being said, Gurdon has gone 4-0 against the 7-2A since leaving the conference after 2015. Unfortunately for the Go-Devils they are only returning 1,300 all purpose yards off from a team that went 4-6 last year.

5- Lafayette County - The Cougars are looking to rebound from last year's two-win season. Lucky for them they are returning the bulk of their offense. Sr. Martavious Miller led last years team with 1,464 total yards from his quarterback spot while fellow Seniors Jaylyn Anderson and Andreus Dedner combined for 1,844 all-purpose yards. On the opposite side of the ball L.C. will be returning Sr. Corderious Thompson whose 61 total tackles led the Cougar's defense last year. Lafayette has been on a downhill slide the past two year after winning seven games in 2014 and 2015. With the talent level and speed the Cougars normally possess their lack of success on the football field could rank right up there with Stonehenge and the Bermuda Triangle.

6 – Dierks – The Outlaws suffered through their worst season since a 2-10 campaign in 2010. For whatever reason they could not get things going their way. Entering the 2017 season most folks around the Dierks area thought it might be a down year, but I would venture to say few thought it would be as bad as it turned out to be The highlight of the season would have to be 10-point victory over Murfreesboro week 10 to decide who would be the worst team in the conference. The Outlaws will be facing the 2018 season with their fourth coach in as many years. We all know frequent coaching changes rarely calculate to success and I'm afraid they may be on the verge of another setback under another first year coach. Best of luck to Coach Fannin and the Outlaw's. With the lack of experience the last couple of hires have had I'm starting to doubt the administration's commitment to fielding a successful football program. 

7 – Spring Hill – 2017 marked the sixth season in a row that the Bears were not able to finish above the .500 mark. Like Dierks the Bears will have a new leader in Coach David Clarke and his hopes of getting the program back to where it was between 2009-2011 where they averaged over 10.5 wins per year.  He will face adversity doing this without last year's leading passer Peyton Massanelli who led the team with 1,080 total yards. It looks like the brunt of the offensive load will be carried by Sr. Keymonte Rhodes who rushed for 783 yards last season. Defensively the Bears will miss Dustin Beck's team leading 96 tackles from a year ago, but should be led by Sr. Marshall Glover and Drake Kidd who combined for 87 tackles. I'm afraid it might be more bad news for the Bears this year to compete with the higher seeds in the conference speed is a necessity. Unfortunately for Spring Hill that is a luxury they do not hold often. 

8 – Murfreesboro – Few have fallen further and faster than the Rattlers. Going from an 8-4 overall record and 6-1 in conference in 2016 to 0-10 in 2017 had to leave the Rattler fan base scratching their head. One would have to travel back to 1957 to find another winless team. With that being said the worst that could happen already has and there is no where for the Rattlers to go but up.  Short of Gurdon, Murfreesboro has the largest enrollment of the schools in the 7-2A. A key to the Rattlers having a successful football team is going to be getting more interest from the student body. One thing they have going for them is a lot of younger players saw significant playing time in 2017, but one must keep in mind that team allowed an average of 48.9 points per game. It's going to be a long hard battle for Coach McRae and his team. Sometimes the biggest obstacle to overcome is yourself. If they can do that perhaps they can get back on track

mulerida

Looks great except #5. Dierks or Spring Hill over LC. They bring back that talent but will not do anything with it. Too much credit given to them.

stuck in between

Quote from: mulerida on May 25, 2018, 01:41:39 pm
Looks great except #5. Dierks or Spring Hill over LC. They bring back that talent but will not do anything with it. Too much credit given to them.

Originally had Dierks in the #5 slot. Another coaching change dropped them a spot.

IdaLions

I see Mount Ida competing with Foreman for the throne, but I can also see Mineral Springs being thrown into the mix. Don't know much about Gurdon, but I don't see anyone touching these four teams in conference play unless they play eachother. Going into the season I say

1.)Foreman
2.)Mount Ida
3.)Gurdon
4.)Mineral Springs

Rest is a toss up

mulerida

How's everyones workouts and camps going this summer?

Eslim03

August 01, 2018, 05:06:32 pm #48 Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 05:48:43 pm by Eslim03
This conference will be top heavy but it will be tough. They have three teams in the preseason top 10. Practice has started for every school so the scrimmage games then the real games will be here before we know it. Looking forward to the season the gators will be tuff again this year.

HOLLYWOOD

Goin to be a tough year for the rattlers. I heard they only had about 18 out. But lookin forward to the season. I think Foreman wins but they are going to have problems with Gurdon. When Jackson has talent on defense he is hard to score on, especially when he just key on one player

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas