• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mayflower

Started by Jimbo Morphis, January 18, 2018, 07:48:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimbo Morphis

5A board says there coach is taking the Vilonia job. Who will they hire?

jacketracket

I heard money is really tight at Mayflower right now, so they will probably wait a while before they hire.

doggieskoot2

Will the twins be staying or going to Vilonia?

ClutchFactor62

Quote from: jacketracket on January 19, 2018, 08:14:33 am
I heard money is really tight at Mayflower right now, so they will probably wait a while before they hire.

Money is tight? That will factor into hiring a football coach? I figured the salary would stay the same

southarkdaddy

Quote from: ClutchFactor62 on January 25, 2018, 10:33:42 am
Money is tight? That will factor into hiring a football coach? I figured the salary would stay the same

I think meaning they aren't looking for someone to start immediately

doggieskoot2

Who cares about the money.  If they twins stay they are a state title contender.  If they leave they win 5 games.

WTD

Quote from: southarkdaddy on January 25, 2018, 11:14:31 am
I think meaning they aren't looking for someone to start immediately

Langrell started at Vilonia this past Monday, so he's not currently under contract with Mayflower. I would imagine that would free up his salary.

southarkdaddy

But it would save the district a few thousand dollars if the new hire start date isn't until May or June

OB11

Quote from: southarkdaddy on January 25, 2018, 11:35:34 am
But it would save the district a few thousand dollars if the new hire start date isn't until May or June

Did he not teach classes? Or was he in administration?

ISU7

Quote from: doggieskoot2 on January 25, 2018, 11:20:56 am
Who cares about the money.  If they twins stay they are a state title contender.  If they leave they win 5 games.
Maybe

Eagle boss

Any names of applicants on this one, or how much interest in it? 

jacketracket

I heard Ron Young the former Vilonia head football coach sent in his application. 

Any Given Friday

I know would be a good job for up and coming coach with a little fire. Good community support. I have heard of a few guys who have applied 2 solid younger coaches. One is an OC from Northwest AR that had a good run with solid offense and other is a DC from a southwest school who after coming in for one year completly turned a bottom feeding program around. Not sure what Mayflower board and admin is looking for, but should have a good variety of applicants.

Eagle boss

I heard they had a guy from Kansas apply that won almost 200 games in KS before moving to AR 3-4 years ago.  Had won a state championship there and made numerous deep post-season runs.   Heard he would like to get that job and stay there for awhile. 

Rick Swines

Any word what's going on here? It's been open for awhile.

Mancho Hogo

Heard a couple of head coaches are in the final 2.  Not big time programs but good coaches

coachsearch

Any new update here...When are they suppose to finalize?

eaglecd

Unfortunately, I have heard from a student at Mayflower that Keon and Deon are moving. I hope it is not true.

panther07

Quote from: eaglecd on February 27, 2018, 11:28:27 am
Unfortunately, I have heard from a student at Mayflower that Keon and Deon are moving. I hope it is not true.

Annnnnndddddddd...... Mayflower is gone.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: eaglecd on February 27, 2018, 11:28:27 am

It's most likely happening.

Jimbo Morphis

Lineman

South Franklin County

beach bum

Proud Buckaroo

Lineman

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on February 27, 2018, 03:01:55 pm
It's most likely happening.

They need to come back home to Maumelle.

Jimbo Morphis

panther07

Quote from: Oldman on February 28, 2018, 01:20:56 pm
Very informative

PB is an insider.  That's proprietary information for 42 sports.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on February 28, 2018, 01:19:36 pm
They need to come back home to Maumelle.

And we have a winner.

Mancho Hogo

Was told Mayflower is down to 2.  Not sure when decision will be made.

eaglecd

From what I hear, somewhere out on the East coast. Maybe one of the Carolinas. I'm not 100% sure as it is just hear say from a Mayflower student.

Bbencathcart

Job opened back up this morning could be April or May till coach is hired. Also the talk of the twins leaving is false

southarkdaddy

That's interesting.  Why is it reopened? 

Mancho Hogo

Was turned down by several coaches.  Not sure why

Bbencathcart

After next year it will be rough for few years next good class of athletes is going be in 8th grade

eaglecd

After speaking to another source I believe the rumors of the twins leaving to be not true.  Sorry for the confusion.

Hammer down

The longer they drag this out may make the moving rumor come true

MagicMike

Looks as if Mayflower os starting their search over as the job reposted on AAA board

mhfcharlesi

Spring Break is over so is any news on which direction Mayflower may be going

Bbencathcart

Coach will be named Monday

coachsearch

mhfcharlesi

Here it is Tuesday..No Coach?

eaglecd

They have a Coach...Just not sure who it is. My nephew is on the team. He couldn't remember a name. lol  ;D

eaglecd

Just got word it was an assistant coach from Hendrix. Still haven't heard a name.

2fe

nsuqb10

Doesn't mayflower have a good crew back for this season?

eaglecd

They have a lot Graduating. The best thing they have going are Keon and Deon. No size on the lines.

Bbencathcart

Keon and Deon return also with Dylan Burnett solid kid who plays till the whistle blows. The line they lose 3 year starter at senior that graduated, but they have 2 kids Riley Naylor and Jordan Teas that play Left guard and tackle. Rest of the line is going be young few juniors will need to step up this year. I have enough talent to compete with Glen Rose and Danville this year for the conference

JohnBarleycorn

April 09, 2018, 09:07:15 pm #48 Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 09:57:37 pm by JohnBarleycorn
If it's Emerson, y'all are getting a good one.

Bbencathcart

Mayflower looking for Offensive coordinator and D coordinator both leaving at the end of the semester.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas