• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greers Ferry Lake Classic at West Side

Started by BasketballNeverStops, December 02, 2016, 03:02:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BasketballNeverStops

Tuesday, December 27
#1 Mt. Vernon-Enola vs. #8 Shirley, 10:00 (Sr. Girls)
#1 Shirley vs. #8 Rural Special, 11:15 (Sr. Boys)
#4 Rural Special vs. #5 Concord, 12:30 (Sr. Girls)
#4 Rose Bud vs. #5 Nemo Vista, 1:45 (Sr. Boys)
# 2 Quitman vs. #7 West Side, 3:00 (Sr. Girls)
#2 Mt. Vernon-Enola vs. #7 Quitman, 4:15 (Sr. Boys)
#3 Rose Bud vs. #6 Nemo Vista, 5:30 (Sr. Girls)
#3 Concord vs. #6 West Side, 6:45 (Sr. Boys)

Wednesday, December 28
Winner of MVE/Shirley vs. Winner of Rural Special vs. Concord, 12:00 (Sr. Girls)
Winner of Shirley/Rural Special vs. Winner of Rose Bud vs. Nemo Vista, 1:15 (Sr. Boys)
Winner of Quitman/West Side vs. Winner of Rose Bud/Nemo Vista, 2:30 (Sr. Girls)
Winner of MVE/Quitman vs. Winner of Concord vs. West Side, 3:45 (Sr. Boys)

Thursday, December 29
Sr. Girls Final at 12:00
Sr. Boys Final at 1:30

Catfish

Will this be the first time a 6 seed will win the classic? In girls. The 6 seed on the boys side doesn't have a chance.

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: Catfish on December 02, 2016, 03:49:34 pm
Will this be the first time a 6 seed will win the classic? In girls. The 6 seed on the boys side doesn't have a chance.
The girls field is ABSOLUTELY loaded. And I will take Concord boys over the Buzzards on the boys side due to the Mighty Pirates owning the keys to Brady-Hipp Arena over the past 5-6 seasons.

SackAttack

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on December 02, 2016, 03:55:29 pm
The girls field is ABSOLUTELY loaded. And I will take Concord boys over the Buzzards on the boys side due to the Mighty Pirates owning the keys to Brady-Hipp Arena over the past 5-6 seasons.
Totally agree on all of this. Girls games will be very good with no clear cut favorite. However the boys side is very very weak with no really good teams in it IMO. Might be some good games but overall quality of play wont be as good as in years past.

bluedemon

I understand first round games but simi and finals in the afternoon? This will hurt crowd. I guess gfws doesn't realize some people have to work

BannerMountainMan

GFWS don't realize it, most of em don't have jobs and most can get off anytime they want but for all of us man it hurts

CrispyLips

We are just rich and privileged people who never work so of course we can get off whenever
Fr though I'm pretty sure all the coaches vote on times whenever they do the seeding
EAD

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on December 02, 2016, 03:02:58 pm
Tuesday, December 27
#1 Mt. Vernon-Enola vs. #8 Shirley, 10:00 (Sr. Girls)
#1 Shirley vs. #8 Rural Special, 11:15 (Sr. Boys)
#4 Rural Special vs. #5 Concord, 12:30 (Sr. Girls)
#4 Rose Bud vs. #5 Nemo Vista, 1:45 (Sr. Boys)
# 2 Quitman vs. #7 West Side, 3:00 (Sr. Girls)
#2 Mt. Vernon-Enola vs. #7 Quitman, 4:15 (Sr. Boys)
#3 Rose Bud vs. #6 Nemo Vista, 5:30 (Sr. Girls)
#3 Concord vs. #6 West Side, 6:45 (Sr. Boys)

Wednesday, December 28
Winner of MVE/Shirley vs. Winner of Rural Special vs. Concord, 12:00 (Sr. Girls)
Winner of Shirley/Rural Special vs. Winner of Rose Bud vs. Nemo Vista, 1:15 (Sr. Boys)
Winner of Quitman/West Side vs. Winner of Rose Bud/Nemo Vista, 2:30 (Sr. Girls)
Winner of MVE/Quitman vs. Winner of Concord vs. West Side, 3:45 (Sr. Boys)

Thursday, December 29
Sr. Girls Final at 12:00
Sr. Boys Final at 1:30
I believe we are clearly better than the 7.  Maybe next time we should get a group of parents or member of the local school board to seed these.  The sophomores have gotten into a couple of games lately and seemed to have sparked the team some.  Eagles Flyyyyy

Areyoukiddingme

Eagle_Mom_2, I am an Eagle fan myself and read your comments on here. I ask myself if we are watching the same games. If yalls meetings are having any influence on are coaches or our teams, please stop the meetings. It seems that we aren't watching the same games or you have on rose colored glasses. We have talent on all the teams I believe, but it does need some work. I hope we win every game, but we obviously have some work to do. I just want FF to know that your " meeting people " are a small portion of Eagle fans. I'm proud not to be affiliated!!!

Sorry had to get that off my chest!

Basketballfan13

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on December 08, 2016, 07:55:03 pm
I believe we are clearly better than the 7.  Maybe next time we should get a group of parents or member of the local school board to seed these.  The sophomores have gotten into a couple of games lately and seemed to have sparked the team some.  Eagles Flyyyyy
Could you give any good reasoning behind this? Unless I'm looking at it wrong out of the 6 teams that are ranked ahead of you have played 5 of them and lost to all 5 teams(4 by 10+, 3 of them by 19+). The only team ranked ahead of you that you haven't played is Quitman and I'm going to go out on a limb and say they are the better team. There is no shame in being the #7 seed, it's a very loaded tournament.

Warhawkpa80

My Warhawks are the 1 seed behind the Nemo vista RedHawks

J.D.

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on December 09, 2016, 08:20:29 am
Could you give any good reasoning behind this? Unless I'm looking at it wrong out of the 6 teams that are ranked ahead of you have played 5 of them and lost to all 5 teams(4 by 10+, 3 of them by 19+). The only team ranked ahead of you that you haven't played is Quitman and I'm going to go out on a limb and say they are the better team. There is no shame in being the #7 seed, it's a very loaded tournament.

Don't get sucked into it. 

Eagle_Mom_2

Watching a special on eagles on NatGeo. What a majestic creature. Here we come!
Eagles Flyyyyyyyy

ZacAttack

My guesses on GFLC Boys 1st Round games.  These games will be in the middle of the day, so I hope I can break away to catch some.  Any other predictions out there?

#1 Shirley vs. #8 Rural Special, 11:15  This may the easiest of the 1st round games to call.  A typical #1 vs #8 matchup, but who knows?  Some have been questioning whether Shirley is slumping as of late and maybe the Rebels can catch them fat and happy after a Christmas break.  PREDICTION: Shirley by 25

#4 Rose Bud vs. #5 Nemo Vista, 1:45  I believe this will be a CLOSE one.  Both teams have recently lost some close games, but I believe Rose Bud's depth and size will prevail in the end.  PREDICTION:  Rose Bud by 7

#2 Mt. Vernon-Enola vs. #7 Quitman, 4:15  I think this is an interesting matchup.  Comparing the common opponents from December, there are some similar results.  Both beat Nemo Vista and Sacred Heart by similar amounts and beat Wonderview (but MVE had a lopsided score).  The Guy-Perkins game may be misleading because I believe Ballard was on the sideline against MVE.  But when it's all over, I think MVE roll into the second round.  PREDICTION:  MVE by 12

#3 Concord vs. #6 West Side, 6:45  There has been and will be plenty of discussion about this game on this site.  These 2 met earlier this season on that very floor and Concord won in OT.  But Concord has LOST 3 of their last 4 and the Eagles have WON 4 of their last 5, so maybe it will be a different story this time around.  NOPE!  PREDICTION:  Concord by 3

BannerMountainMan

I still don't have Ethan how losing to 5a teams means a slump

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 22, 2016, 11:59:57 am
I still don't have Ethan how losing to 5a teams means a slump
I'm still confused how you dunces read into my question in that other thread that they were in a slump. I never even said they were vulnerable...I said, IF they lose to Timbo in January, DOES THAT make them vulnerable going forward in other conference games? You all are really struggling with this. For God's sake, you're so offended about a team you don't even play on.

Catfish

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on December 22, 2016, 12:29:03 pm
I'm still confused how you dunces read into my question in that other thread that they were in a slump. I never even said they were vulnerable...I said, IF they lose to Timbo in January, DOES THAT make them vulnerable going forward in other conference games? You all are really struggling with this. For God's sake, you're so offended about a team you don't even play on.

I love this site 😂

ZacAttack

Bigleague

I guess they take a different test at Westside.    31.  Lol

Hero of Twin Groves

I've heard bay coaches proctor the act for their players. Is this a thing most schools are going to now?

Bigleague

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Daddy eagle on December 24, 2016, 05:12:36 pm
I was just enformed that Carlton boy made a 31 on his act. Can you believe that.... West sides very own making a perfect score on the act. I knew he was intellegent buy the things he done on the ball floor but dad gum. I am so proud of my eagles. We are truly the smartest school in the area! Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night. :-)
oh myyy guys read this ahaha ha 😂😂😂😂😂

Bigtimebasketballfan

I would love to see a Shirley vs mt Vernon final on Thursday. All indications are these are 2 of the top 5 or 6 teams in 1a this year

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Bigtimebasketballfan on December 25, 2016, 09:22:55 am
I would love to see a Shirley vs mt Vernon final on Thursday. All indications are these are 2 of the top 5 or 6 teams in 1a this year
So, Mr Big, do you think winner of game between our boys and Concord has a chance against Mt. Vernon in semis? Or is it a bad matchup for both of those teams regardless?

Bigtimebasketballfan

I definitely think the winner of your game will make for a competitive semi final against mt Vernon. I will try my best to make that game also. Work schedule allows me to come to the finals on Thursday though and I have not seen mt Vernon yet but heard they are pretty tough. Wouldn't mind seeing them and Shirley but if I can make it work would love to see semis also. You and concord should be a good one. Always is.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Bigtimebasketballfan on December 25, 2016, 11:15:57 am
I definitely think the winner of your game will make for a competitive semi final against mt Vernon. I will try my best to make that game also. Work schedule allows me to come to the finals on Thursday though and I have not seen mt Vernon yet but heard they are pretty tough. Wouldn't mind seeing them and Shirley but if I can make it work would love to see semis also. You and concord should be a good one. Always is.

I am so fired up about these games tomorrow!  Our boys get to beat the great Satan Concord.  I can tell you this...when coach Keith "Dr Evil" Cornett leads his bunch of mini-mes out there we will be ready. I know their boys will be more excited than when they go clothes shopping and find out there's still a pile of Xtra small shirts left but we will be waiting!!
Then our girls get to take down the highly overrated Quitman Lady Dags. They'll be calling us Michael Vick after how bad we beat those dogs tomorrow.
Eagles AND Lady Eagles advance tomorrow.

Eagles Flyyyyyyyy

Catfish

Concord vs. Westside will be a good one as always, but I'm sorry to tell you that quitman will beat Westside girls by around 40 lol

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Catfish on December 26, 2016, 09:39:57 pm
Concord vs. Westside will be a good one as always, but I'm sorry to tell you that quitman will beat Westside girls by around 40 lol

Whoa whoa whoa.  Even a bat could see that girls game is a push for Vegas. Home game for us. We are going to win.  Bry scores at least 25 on overrated post girl. Our guards shoot it well and we don't turn it over. Coach Richey will have us ready to go. Best coach in state.
Woo-hoo oooooooo
Eagles Flyyyyyyyy

Bigtimebasketballfan

Looks like I'm going to get to watch the last few games tomorrow. Look for both 3 vs 6 games to be good ones. Anybody know much about Quitman boys? Can they play with mt Vernon?

Rackjack74

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on December 26, 2016, 09:46:00 pm
Whoa whoa whoa.  Even a bat could see that girls game is a push for Vegas. Home game for us. We are going to win.  Bry scores at least 25 on overrated post girl. Our guards shoot it well and we don't turn it over. Coach Richey will have us ready to go. Best coach in state.
Woo-hoo oooooooo
Eagles Flyyyyyyyy

Is the 3PM girls game still on since it's obviously a foregone conclusion that GFWS wins?

Catfish

Rackjack74

Quote from: Catfish on December 27, 2016, 11:16:22 am
Quitman girls win the tournament IMO

That might be.  It's hard to say.  Once thing is for sure...there are several teams that are good and can win on any given day.  I expect some real barn burners the next three days.  Good luck and good health to all who play.

ballislife42

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on December 26, 2016, 09:46:00 pm
Woo-hoo oooooooo
Eagles Flyyyyyyyy

Quitman girls win by 34, 73-39. "Overrated" post scores 14 followed by younger Hooten with 11. Quite a few turnovers forced by the Lady Bulldogs. Anyone's thoughts on the Nemo/Rose Bud girls games?

ZacAttack

Rosebud girls win by 13.  They were ahead most of the game.   

rbhs8990

Quitman, Rose Bud, and Nemo Vista had no business all being on the same side of the bracket.  Quitman vs Rose Bud should be another great game tomorrow

ZacAttack

December 27, 2016, 07:44:04 pm #38 Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 07:54:25 pm by ZacAttack
Concord beating Westside 22-13 after 1.  Finished quarter on 14-0 run.  WOW!!!

ZacAttack

NEW GAME! 
Westside erased a 14 point Concord halftime lead to take a 2 point lead at th end of the third. 

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 27, 2016, 09:12:28 pm
Score?
Concord wins in double OT 81-74 and moves to 2-0 in the nest and against West Side. Great day in C-Town for sure.

Eagle_Mom_2

Well, rough day for my Eagles and Lady Eagles. We are still struggling apparently. Thought we had turned the corner.
Still have faith in our coaches, players, and parents.
Enjoyed a good day of basketball though. Enthusiastic crowds and excellent concessions.
Fellow parents, we will crank meetings back up after New Years. Remember, party at my place for New  years eve.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Daddy eagle on December 27, 2016, 10:29:20 pm
I really can't tell you what happened tonight. Terrible officiating. Terrible coaching. Carlton boy did all he could do and the team just couldn't finish the run. We are better than concord by 20+. We just play bad against them boys. Is number 20 from concord the coaches son? I herd he was a Cornette and thought they looked a like. I thank that's kinda fishy that the coaches son gets 32 minutes of playing time. Anyway we are the better team. Good thing is. We usually peek in late February into march. Let's go eagles!
Someone told me #20 was actually the coach's dad...and he said, son, get me in. I'm playing all 32 minutes. I'm leading these little men to victory.

no mascot

Catfish

I heard they were renaming Brady Hipp Arena to Cornett Arena. That's what it should be renamed anyway! Concord owns the nest!! GO PIRATES! 

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Catfish on December 28, 2016, 02:26:36 am
I heard they were renaming Brady Hipp Arena to Cornett Arena. That's what it should be renamed anyway! Concord owns the nest!! GO PIRATES!
You watch your mouth. They day they rename it after after a Concord coach is the day I'll quit being an Eagles fan.
I almost don't know who to pull for between Justin "p's and q's" Rogers and Keith "Dr Evil" Cornett in their game later today...Oh wait, Concord is playing so....Mount Vernon-Nola it is!

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: Catfish on December 28, 2016, 02:26:36 am
It's like they built that gym just to cater to us. We won region my junior year there, won district my senior year there and even had my Senior Night there and still won.

BannerMountainMan

BannerMountainMan

Nemo beats Shirley by 2. Probably easily the worst reffed game any of us have ever seen. They knew at the end of the game they didn't want Shirley to win and it happened.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas