• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What boys teams have potential to win A State

Started by ballmember, December 01, 2016, 10:37:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ballmember

In my opinion teams capable of playing in the finals and winning it all.    Can change as season goes on.

Guy, Kirby, Shirley, Nevada, Bay.......anyone else???

BallBoy16

Moonshiner

Catfish

thebigtiger

December 01, 2016, 01:08:18 pm #4 Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 01:10:24 pm by thebigtiger
Quote from: Moonshiner on December 01, 2016, 11:56:16 am
Evidently Timbo
I hope you are correct.  I think we can beat a few teams and end their season and if things went right for us...who knows?
Fired up Coach, fired up and fired up fans!
GO TIGERS!

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BallBoy16 on December 01, 2016, 10:49:39 am
Emerson?
30 point losses to kirby twice may say other wise. They have a lot of work to do before talking about being their at seasons end!

lineman76

yesteryearman

Quote from: ballmember on December 01, 2016, 10:37:24 am
In my opinion teams capable of playing in the finals and winning it all.    Can change as season goes on.

Guy, Kirby, Shirley, Nevada, Bay.......anyone else???

Bay, Guy.....Guy, Bay.....Bay, Guy........

BannerMountainMan

December 01, 2016, 09:28:09 pm #8 Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 09:32:02 pm by BannerMountainMan
I know you will say they will be there at the end but I truly don't see either team there, they just ain't flat out as good as they both were, bay lost to many and Guy is really really missing Tim, he controlled the WHOLE game EVERYGAME

yesteryearman

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 01, 2016, 09:28:09 pm
I know you will say they will be there at the end but I truly don't see either team there, they just ain't flat out as good as they both were, bay lost to many and Guy is really really missing Tim, he controlled the WHOLE game EVERYGAME

Ok, lets evaluate.

1)  Guy has one of the top 1A players, and they will get it all together by Jan/Feb

2)  Bay has won, what 5 out of last 7 or something like that

3)  No 1A team likely has the talent or depth of EPC and from what I read, Bay had a chance to beat them at their place

So, Kirby, Shirley and others are no doubt very tough teams, but, until somebody beats Bay or Guy in late Feb, when it really counts, I don't see anyone else but those two still standing at the end, unless the brackets have them on same side.

So, we will just enjoy the early season games, and debate who is the best before Christmas, and have fun with it, and then the serious stuff will start.

bluedemon

I can agree with that. What I really like is you didn't say anything about wsgf, mve, or timbo.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: lineman76 on December 01, 2016, 01:48:46 pm
County Line

I would say they have to be in the conversation. No size to speak of, though. I have seen them twice, and they do not make many mistakes. No one player that is going to take over a game, but they don't beat themselves, either.

HorseFeathers

Guy lost Ballard this weekend to an injury(may just be rumor)....so how does that affect yalls opinions of them ?

Rebelfan77

Quote from: yesteryearman on December 03, 2016, 01:28:59 pm
Ok, lets evaluate.

1)  Guy has one of the top 1A players, and they will get it all together by Jan/Feb

3)  No 1A team likely has the talent or depth of EPC and from what I read, Bay had a chance to beat them at their place

So, Kirby, Shirley and others are no doubt very tough teams, but, until somebody beats Bay or Guy in late Feb, when it really counts, I don't see anyone else but those two still standing at the end, unless the brackets have them on same side.

So, we will just enjoy the early season games, and debate who is the best before Christmas, and have fun with it, and then the serious stuff will start.

I think Bay has lost 5 of their last 7. I m not 100% sure about that but, they are a better team than they have playing lately. They will get it turned around by tournament time!

Thechosen1

They have but let's check who they have played too they aren't playing timbo no offense. Lol epc, Jonesboro, hot springs, westside

Blueway

Quote from: bluedemon on December 04, 2016, 09:12:45 pm
I can agree with that. What I really like is you didn't say anything about wsgf, mve, or timbo.
Even tho MVE beat Bay🙄

Batman44

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Thechosen1 on December 05, 2016, 12:20:41 pm
They have but let's check who they have played too they aren't playing timbo no offense. Lol epc, Jonesboro, hot springs, westside

+1

RedWolf275

Don't know if Bay will win it this year, but they will be in the post season hunt. Layne and Utley may be the best 1-2 combo in 1A.

fbisgreat

Bigleague

HorseFeathers

Bigleague

Most years!!!!!   Lol.  Then you would think they would push on thru sometime

Warriors023

Don't laugh, but Scranton is showing some strength this year. Almost came out on top over a strong Charleston team. Pretty talented Point guard in Alex Bailey. Big improvement from last year. 3 good premitier shooters, and 2 posts that can hold their own in the paint. Think they'll make a decent run. Making the semis and only losing to chuck town by 4 is very respectable, looking at the teams that were in the Logan county bank tourney.

Catfish

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Catfish on December 06, 2016, 02:42:42 pm
Once again..... anyone

I disagree....I bet there are some teams that have no chance of winning state

lineman76

Quote from: Bigleague on December 05, 2016, 06:04:48 pm
County line overrated every single year
top 4 almost every year doesn't sound to overrated to me

Bigleague

How many times have they played for a state title.   If they are top 4 almost every year.    That's what I call overrated

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Bigleague on December 06, 2016, 03:31:34 pm
How many times have they played for a state title.   If they are top 4 almost every year.    That's what I call overrated

So making semifinals every year isn't worthy of being ranked in the top 4? 

Bigleague

What I'm saying is.   Everyone ranks them in top 4 every year.    Yet I never see them in the finals

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Bigleague on December 06, 2016, 04:00:46 pm
What I'm saying is.   Everyone ranks them in top 4 every year.    Yet I never see them in the finals

and what I'm saying...They make the FINAL FOUR every year, which is worthy of a top 4 ranking....See?

They've been stuck on the SemiFinals hump for a while though...Maybe they break through this year?

Warhawkpa80

I'm following big leaguer, county line came down to one of our conference opponents house and got beat. Sacred heart has not done well in conference play.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Warhawkpa80 on December 06, 2016, 09:49:47 pm
I'm following big leaguer, county line came down to one of our conference opponents house and got beat. Sacred heart has not done well in conference play.
I second the following of bigleague. County line will have a tough time with two teams in regionals in Kirby, and mineral springs. It will have to beat one of them to play in regional finals. And that's not going to be easy. Mineral springs is looking pretty good!

x14113

Quote from: Warriors023 on December 06, 2016, 09:20:07 am
Don't laugh, but Scranton is showing some strength this year. Almost came out on top over a strong Charleston team. Pretty talented Point guard in Alex Bailey. Big improvement from last year. 3 good premitier shooters, and 2 posts that can hold their own in the paint. Think they'll make a decent run. Making the semis and only losing to chuck town by 4 is very respectable, looking at the teams that were in the Logan county bank tourney.

The Rockets need to figure out how to maintain leads and finish games if they are to make a run.

Against Charleston:
Led by as many as 9 (1Q)
Led by 5 after 3Q
Lost by 6

Against Ozark:
Led by as many as 11 (2Q)
Led for most of 4Q
Lost by 3

Their games against CL will be most telling regarding where they stand.

HorseFeathers

County line beat them by close to 20 earlier this year....and now that you guys are making an actual argument using opponents etc you're making sense...

Warhawkpa80

Brandon_24

Omaha is playing pretty good ball this year... Darkhorse? I feel that they are a potential top 5 team and there only losing two next year, they will be tuff to beat.

bdubyab60

Quote from: yesteryearman on December 03, 2016, 01:28:59 pm
Ok, lets evaluate.

Bay will go as Utley and Layne go. EPC is a talented team but also very sloppy play from them even in the Bay game along with missing over 20 freethrows. Also EPC had 3 starters on the bench for almost half that game.

With that said I doubt many teams play as tough a schedule as Bay plays year in and year out. Most of the teams they have lost too are pretty good teams and their schedule won't get easier year goes.

I would expect once it gets back to the 1A tournament teams will have their hands full with Bay.

baseball13

bdubyab60

HorseFeathers

Not for basketball bdubya....the 1a sized schools that play football are finally coming back to 1a for everything else

bdubyab60

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 09, 2016, 05:16:29 pm
Not for basketball bdubya....the 1a sized schools that play football are finally coming back to 1a for everything else
I see

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas