• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Midland Tourney

Started by hogheaven11, November 30, 2016, 10:37:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogheaven11

Boys:
1) Mammoth Spring/Bye

WSGF/McCrory

4) Pangburn/Bye

Maumelle Charter/Rural Special

2) Concord/Bye

Timbo/Palestine-Wheatley

3) Cross County/Bye

Midland/Des Arc

thebigtiger

Anyone know about Palestine Wheatley?  Just wondering
Fired up Coach, fired up pmayerand fired up fans!
GO TIGERS!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

ballmember

dates and time for midland tourney anyone???

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Daddy eagle on December 01, 2016, 01:38:28 pm
Midland sucks just like des arc. This eagle daddy will be in attandance to watch the egghead offspring play a little round ball. Mustangs by 14

Have you watched des arc play this year?

Catfish

thebigtiger

Anyone know what size Palestine Wheaties school is?  I can't wait till Pangburn Friday night Palestine Saturday. 
Fired up Coach, fired up players and fired up fans!
GO TIGERS!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: thebigtiger on December 01, 2016, 04:46:13 pm
Anyone know what size Palestine Wheaties school is?  I can't wait till Pangburn Friday night Palestine Saturday. 
GO TIGERS!

They are 2A

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Daddy eagle on December 01, 2016, 06:33:20 pm
I haven't scene da eagles this year. But from watching from years past is why I didn't pick da eagles. I usually do pick them. But u are the wrong kind of eagle young grasshopper.

Lol, im the best kind of Eagle, you chicken hawk.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Daddy eagle on December 01, 2016, 06:33:20 pm
I haven't scene da eagles this year. But from watching from years past is why I didn't pick da eagles. I usually do pick them. But u are the wrong kind of eagle young grasshopper.
Des Arc girls shouldn't compete with us at all, but the way season has went we may play down to their level unfortunately. Hopefully Bry carries us and maybe a sophomore or 2 who haven't been getting much playing time will get to contribute in tourney. Our side of the bracket looks like a cakewalk if we play well.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on December 01, 2016, 07:18:28 pm
Des Arc girls shouldn't compete with us at all, but the way season has went we may play down to their level unfortunately. Hopefully Bry carries us and maybe a sophomore or 2 who haven't been getting much playing time will get to contribute in tourney. Our side of the bracket looks like a cakewalk if we play well.
Furthermore, isn't there a former Concord Pirate coaching at Des Arc? Bethany Pitchfork I think is her name? I haven't seen her on a basketball court since she was taking beat downs herself from our Lady Eagles.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

December 01, 2016, 07:51:29 pm #11 Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 07:53:17 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on December 01, 2016, 07:18:28 pm

Isnt that how home teams try to set up the brackets? Trying to make sure the home teams get to the finals to make the gate money bigger?

But i wouldnt worry about des arc boys or girls

SackAttack

How far from Clinton to Midland? I want to see this timbo bunch play

thebigtiger

Sack Attack it's about an hour and a half from Clinton to Pleasant Plains.  But from what I hear I wouldn't come to the Sat  night games I'm hearing they all could be one sided.  I've been told that we are prob 30+ points better than Palestine Wheatley so don't know if that would be the best game to come to.  Might see if you could come Monday even though that game might be as bad.  I've heard Concord is down from the past also even though someone threw them in the top 10.  Anyone tell me much about Concord boys?  That's who we get Monday night
GO TIGERS!

Warhawkpa80

I've never been much on Concorde thought they were always overrated. Even when they had the Roanoke kid. He was the only player worth a dime.

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: Warhawkpa80 on December 02, 2016, 09:49:37 am
I've never been much on Concorde thought they were always overrated. Even when they had the Roanoke kid. He was the only player worth a dime.
Wow, I guarantee those teams he played on had great players as well. I was on those teams with Roark and I believe from my sophomore to senior year we drilled y'all every time except when y'all played us within single digits my senior year in first round of region.

Mustang Fan

Saturday Schedule 10/3

10:00 McCrory/Timbo girls

11:15 Timbo/Palestine boys

12:30 DesArc/Westside girls

1:45 Midland / DesArc boys

3:00 Midland/Maumelle charter girls

4:15 Rural Special/Maumelle boys

5:30 Pangburn/CrossCounty girls

6:45 WestSide/McCrory boys

thebigtiger

How is Concords size?  I read on here somewhere that they were really small? Anybody played them this year want to give us any advice?
GO TIGERS!

Catfish

Quote from: thebigtiger on December 02, 2016, 10:57:52 am
How is Concords size?  I read on here somewhere that they were really small? Anybody played them this year want to give us any advice?
GO TIGERS!

Everyone is over 6 foot

thebigtiger

Dang!  Well I guess Monday we will find out if those giants can play or not.  We got Pangburn tonight Palestine tomorrow and Concord on Monday good thing Coach Edgar has a great plan! Tiger vs TIGER tonight
GO TIGERS!

SackAttack

Quote from: thebigtiger on December 02, 2016, 09:31:25 am
Sack Attack it's about an hour and a half from Clinton to Pleasant Plains.  But from what I hear I wouldn't come to the Sat  night games I'm hearing they all could be one sided.  I've been told that we are prob 30+ points better than Palestine Wheatley so don't know if that would be the best game to come to.  Might see if you could come Monday even though that game might be as bad.  I've heard Concord is down from the past also even though someone threw them in the top 10.  Anyone tell me much about Concord boys?  That's who we get Monday night
GO TIGERS!
Thanks for the info big tiger!! Looking for  good game to watch Saturday but If yall are going to blow Palestine out I might just stay home. Enjoy reading about how your program is on the rise. Keep up the good work. I like how you dont come off as arrogant and bigheaded like the Shirley public relations guy or the lady from Greers Ferry.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Catfish on December 02, 2016, 11:07:42 am
Everyone is over 6 foot
Let me tell you...unless the land of Oz puts together a team from the Munchkins of the Yellow Brick Road you won't see a smaller team. And Timbo has coaching advantage if your coach is as good as people say. Any time the P&g goes down is a good day. Eagles Flyyyyyyyy

Warhawkpa80

Basketball stops. Y'all got lucky in those games. We were obviously the more rounded TEAM!

SouthsideSouthernerDad

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on December 02, 2016, 12:14:42 pm
Let me tell you...unless the land of Oz puts together a team from the Munchkins of the Yellow Brick Road you won't see a smaller team. And Timbo has coaching advantage if your coach is as good as people say. Any time the P&g goes down is a good day. Eagles Flyyyyyyyy
How did turnout last time gfws played those Munchkin pirates and lady pirates for us that could not attend?

Catfish

Quote from: SouthsideSouthernerDad on December 02, 2016, 01:09:31 pm
How did turnout last time gfws played those Munchkin pirates and lady pirates for us that could not attend?

+100000

thebigtiger

Quote from: SackAttack on December 02, 2016, 12:09:19 pm
Thanks for the info big tiger!! Looking for  good game to watch Saturday but If yall are going to blow Palestine out I might just stay home. Enjoy reading about how your program is on the rise. Keep up the good work. I like how you dont come off as arrogant and bigheaded like the Shirley public relations guy or the lady from Greers Ferry.
Im just excited for our program and where it's headed glad I can be a little piece in the puzzle.  So excited for our team and Coach.  I hope we continue to improve and prove all the doubters wrong.  If it was easy everyone would do it.  Remember Tigers everyone even your past coaches are against you.  They all want you to fail.  Just keep up the good work and show them
GO TIGERS!

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on December 02, 2016, 12:14:42 pm
Any time the puke green goes down is a great day. You couldn't even beat that team full of "Munchkins" in your own nest.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on December 02, 2016, 03:07:39 pm
Any time the puke green goes down is a great day. You couldn't even beat that team full of "Munchkins" in your own nest.
Oh my. Madder than a bald man without any head wax reading this. Seriously, congrats on those wins weeks ago. My goodness, you'd think you yourself had hit the game winning home run to win the Super Bowl that night. And btw Basketball Always Stops, last I checked it's a conference schedule in which we meet twice. Eagles Flyyyyyyyy

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on December 03, 2016, 12:18:29 am
Oh my. Madder than a bald man without any head wax reading this. Seriously, congrats on those wins weeks ago. My goodness, you'd think you yourself had hit the game winning home run to win the Super Bowl that night. And btw Basketball Always Stops, last I checked it's a conference schedule in which we meet twice. Eagles Flyyyyyyyy
Of course I'm pumped about the wins. A win in the nest is always a quality win. And now you guys have to come to Pirate Palace, also a tough place to win for opponents.

Warhawkpa80

Pirate palace might be a tough place to win for those opponents like the sisters of the poor and the school for unwed mothers.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Warhawkpa80 on December 03, 2016, 10:23:46 am
Pirate palace might be a tough place to win for those opponents like the sisters of the poor and the school for unwed mothers.
I feel like the Goonies looking for One Eyed Willy's treasure trying to find where any of you have made coherent statements about our teams going forward.  Yes we have struggled but we're getting better all the time.  Our coaches have our confidence.  Eagles Flyyyyyyyy

Catfish

Y'all are freakin stupid 😂

BirdsontheBat27

December 03, 2016, 01:32:59 pm #32 Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 02:07:03 pm by BirdsontheBat27
Gotta love those ferry people and their knowledge.

Warhawkpa80

Hey watch the name Callin whiskers, birdsonbat its clear you have never coached before or you might understand teams match up with other teams better than others.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Anybody got any scores for today ?

thebigtiger

We got beat by 2 to the Palestinians!
GO TIGERS!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

So we only got one score?

HorseFeathers

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Tigger

Midland girls beat Maumelle Charter, Maumelle Charter boys win against Rural Special, and Pangburn girls get a win against Cross County. West Side boys were up 3 at half against McCrory when we left.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: thebigtiger on December 03, 2016, 01:56:29 pm
We got beat by 2 to the Palestinians!
GO TIGERS!

Heard that a kid for timbo went off for 40 tonight...

Eagle_Mom_2

Feel bad for the Rural Special girls this week. We've beaten them like little step sisters for the last several years in conference...now we get to in a tournament as well. Coach Richey will get us to the finals of this tournament...mark it down. We've turned the corner. 2 wins in a row and soon to be more. My prediction is we win over the Lady Rebs by 20, but if they get lucky enough to stay closer we will take the win that way. Eagles Flyyyyyyyy

Catfish

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on December 04, 2016, 12:03:11 pm
Feel bad for the Rural Special girls this week. We've beaten them like little step sisters for the last several years in conference...now we get to in a tournament as well. Coach Richey will get us to the finals of this tournament...mark it down. We've turned the corner. 2 wins in a row and soon to be more. My prediction is we win over the Lady Rebs by 20, but if they get lucky enough to stay closer we will take the win that way. Eagles Flyyyyyyyy

My guess is WSGF girls lose by 20 lol

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Catfish on December 04, 2016, 02:32:37 pm
My guess is WSGF girls lose by 20 lol
I keep telling you. Programs like ours with the tradition are going to win games like this. We know what expectations are and we are going to win.
Talent=advantage
Coaching=advantage
Confidence=advantage
I'm not sure where you'd think we lose this game.
Eagles Flyyyyyyyy

Catfish

What in the world is yalls tradition? 😂 Losing to concord in the finals of every tournament?

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Catfish on December 04, 2016, 06:47:01 pm
What in the world is yalls tradition? 😂 Losing to concord in the finals of every tournament?
Well you just make sure Concord girls get to the finals and we will see you there. No one on our side of the bracket can play with us. I think we beat Concord this time, IF your girls even get there.

ZacAttack

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on December 04, 2016, 12:03:11 pm
Feel bad for the Rural Special girls this week. We've beaten them like little step sisters for the last several years in conference.  My prediction is we win over the Lady Rebs by 20, but if they get lucky enough to stay closer we will take the win that way.
E_M_2, I was looking at some common opponents for the Eagles and Rebels and noticed Shirley in there.  Now, I did attend the WS/Shirley game on Friday and I saw the Lady Eagles struggle the 1st half to put them away (I believe the Eagles were losing at one point in the 2nd quarter) and the staters stayed in the whole game but the final 30 seconds in a 12 point game.  And the Lady Rebels won their game (according to MaxPreps) by 20+.  Now maybe Shirley is improving as the season progresses, but that would give me a cause for concern.  Rural Special has also beaten Guy, Calico Rock, and Concord while WS couldn't.

But what do I know!  It will be settled on the court.  Good luck to both teams and I hope it's a GREAT game!

Catfish

I heard the games got moved to Wednesday. Is that true?

Catfish

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on December 04, 2016, 06:52:14 pm
Well you just make sure Concord girls get to the finals and we will see you there. No one on our side of the bracket can play with us. I think we beat Concord this time, IF your girls even get there.

We beat y'all pretty easy without Benton.. soooo good luck with that!

thebigtiger

December 04, 2016, 07:39:45 pm #49 Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 10:10:51 am by thebigtiger
Good luck to all teams.  Great tournament great atmosphere

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas