• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marvin Newton Classic, Friday November 25 at Viola

Started by ballmember, November 20, 2016, 05:28:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ballmember

6 games with $500 scholarships being given to several seniors.  check it out on facebook.

10am girls icc and bergman
1115 boys shirley and icc
1230 girls viola and shirley
145 boys viola and valley springs
300 girls salem and valley springs
415 boys salem and cedar ridge

All monies collected goes toward scholarships for limited number of eligible seniors participating. 

HorseFeathers

ballmember

ballmember

I got icc-shirley-shirley-valley-valley-salem  winning in marvin newton classic

Catfish

Quote from: ballmember on November 21, 2016, 09:35:15 am
I got icc-shirley-shirley-valley-valley-salem  winning in marvin newton classic

Shirley girls are really bad

ballmember

Shirley and Viola should be a good matchup.  Shirley girls have won a few games and very well coached.  Should be fun.

Catfish

Quote from: ballmember on November 21, 2016, 10:38:55 am
Shirley and Viola should be a good matchup.  Shirley girls have won a few games and very well coached.  Should be fun.

I definitely think they have a good coach. Just not much talent

BannerMountainMan

BannerMountainMan

Shirley up 56 to 30 at halftime, everything going in

BannerMountainMan

Warhawkpa80

Sounds like they really punched them in the mouth in the second quarter.

Central Ark

That math doesn't add up Banger Mountain. 19+40=56?

BannerMountainMan

thebigtiger

I bet Shirley is fighting mad now! 
Fired up Coach, fired up players and fired up fans!
Go Timbo!

Eagle_Mom_2

November 25, 2016, 12:16:47 pm #18 Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 12:20:24 pm by Eagle_Mom_2
Quote from: Warhawkpa80 on November 25, 2016, 11:54:51 am
Sounds like they really punched them in the mouth in the second quarter.
They were really looking to knock them out before halftime I guess. Wow

thebigtiger

Sounds like it was a real fight early in the game but knocked them out late.  Good game Shirley
FUCFUPFUF

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 25, 2016, 12:26:48 pm
Shirley won 102-79
Shirley boys really came out swinging looks like. Was it as one-sided of a fight as the score indicates?

thebigtiger

thebigtiger

I really thought ICC had a punchers chance at getting Shirley.  Must've been wrong

BannerMountainMan

#30 got ejected in first quarter from Shirley for punching a kid and refs didn't see what the other kid did which was worse so they didn't do anything to him and after that Shirley could not miss and very physical game! 29-29 from free throw line in 4th quarter

BannerMountainMan

Their coach thought they were in the game down 30 with 7 minutes left so he started intentional fouling then

Eagle_Mom_2

That game is really a black eye on ICC's season.

thebigtiger

Sounds like ICC basically tapped out after the first quarter. 

Eagle_Mom_2

November 25, 2016, 01:02:04 pm #28 Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 01:06:12 pm by Eagle_Mom_2
Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 25, 2016, 12:51:07 pm
#30 got ejected in first quarter from Shirley for punching a kid and refs didn't see what the other kid did which was worse so they didn't do anything to him and after that Shirley could not miss and very physical game! 29-29 from free throw line in 4th quarter
Really like Shirley any time we aren't playing them. Hope #30 doesn't become a distraction. How many ejections is that now for him this season?

BannerMountainMan

ballmember

No excuses need to be given for punching someone regardless.   Probably need to go on and play the others     teammates need someone they can count on.   

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: ballmember on November 25, 2016, 01:29:45 pm
No excuses need to be given for punching someone regardless.   Probably need to go on and play the others     teammates need someone they can count on.
Just what I'm wondering...at what point is he more of a liability than asset? Teammates and Coach have to be getting tired of dealing with that. Plus he's as best their 5th-best player...he does something like that in a 2-point game in regionals or state would be quite a shame to cost his team.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 25, 2016, 01:16:04 pm
2 won't have him for Clinton game and GFWS game
Don't you think there needs to be more discipline on the team? Or is it just the one kid?

BannerMountainMan

Just 1 kid, just got a hot temper, kid choke holded him before he punched him

ballmember

point guard is one of most important player    opportunity for someone to step up    he doesn't need to score much at that position   

thebigtiger

Can anyone confirm if it was a left or right hand hook?  I need to know so that I can warn our team

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: thebigtiger on November 25, 2016, 01:56:30 pm
Can anyone confirm if it was a left or right hand hook?  I need to know so that I can warn our team
Judging from the way he plays, he's not too ambidextrous so I'd guess a right

BannerMountainMan

He doesn't score but maybe 3 or 4 a game, but he's the one that stays on the floor the whole time and slows the team down when they get to sped up, that's prolly why we scored so many the 2nd half was always sped up.

thebigtiger

November 25, 2016, 02:27:52 pm #38 Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 02:50:04 pm by thebigtiger
Thanks may need to work on getting our left arms up in defense so we don't get clocked

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 25, 2016, 01:44:48 pm
Just 1 kid, just got a hot temper, kid choke holded him before he punched him
I feel better about it now knowing it wasn't his fault. Can't blame anyone on a state contending team for punching a kid in a game if the other kid agitated him. Thanks for clearing it up.

thebigtiger

Was the kid from ICC using a UFC rear naked choke or a guilitine choke?

thebigtiger

I don't blame him it's hard to get outta that I hear

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas