• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 5 vote

Started by HorseFeathers, November 19, 2016, 12:15:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Most teams have 10 games under their belts....so let's hear it

BannerChaser95

November 19, 2016, 12:20:17 pm #1 Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 12:21:55 pm by BannerChaser95
Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 19, 2016, 12:15:15 pm
Most teams have 10 games under their belts....so let's hear it
mine has to be
1) Kirby
2) Shirley
3) county line
4) nevada
5) Mve,guy, or Emerson (only losses to Kirby)

Thechosen1

1. Kirby
2. Shirley
3. Guy
4. Mve
5. Bay
Kirby will be your 2016-2017 state champs mark it down.

Catfish

1. Kirby
2. Anybody
3. Anybody
4. Anybody
5. Anybody

ballmember

Kirby
Guy
Bay
Nevada
Shirley

BannerMountainMan

Well Shirley has the best strength of schedule and wins but I could see how Kirby is right above them, and then 3. Mt Vernon 4. Bay 5. County Line

BannerChaser95

November 19, 2016, 04:12:06 pm #6 Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 04:13:51 pm by BannerChaser95
Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 19, 2016, 04:01:36 pm
Well Shirley has the best strength of schedule and wins but I could see how Kirby is right above them, and then 3. Mt Vernon 4. Bay 5. County Line
I think it's just how kirbys winning their games. I mean every 1-2A game has been a mercy rule. We will find out in January what's up between Kirby and Shirley.
Kirbys got nevada at end of season, and county line in regionals. It's not a cake walk by any means!

Ice Water

1. Nevada
2. Kirby
3. Shirley
4. County Line
5. MVE

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Ice Water on November 19, 2016, 04:19:32 pm
1. Nevada
2. Kirby
3. Shirley
4. County Line
5. MVE
not that it matters, but why nevada over Kirby at this point?

Ice Water

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on November 19, 2016, 04:29:03 pm
not that it matters, but why nevada over Kirby at this point?

Flip a coin. Generate discussion. I think I like Nevada's win over Jacksonville Lighthouse a little better than Kirby's win over Valley Springs right now.

BannerMountainMan

Jacksonville Lighthouse is good! Shirley was up by 25 and then blew it at end of game, 6 games in 7 days  will get to yah!

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Ice Water on November 19, 2016, 04:43:42 pm
Flip a coin. Generate discussion. I think I like Nevada's win over Jacksonville Lighthouse a little better than Kirby's win over Valley Springs right now.
Jvlh lost to nevada by 4 and beat dermott by 4. Dermotts (3-4) on the season, and wasn't close to Emerson. And lost to Bradley by 6. Kirby mercy ruled Emerson and Bradley both at home and away already both games. I'm not trying to compare games but it's all we have to go off of till that point. But Emerson beat dermott by more than JVLH team. And Shirley just had a brain fart and gave that game away after being up by 20+. * think i like Kirby and Shirley as your 1 and 2.

thebigtiger

November 19, 2016, 05:22:07 pm #12 Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 05:56:47 pm by thebigtiger
I think Timbo is in top 5 within the next 3 years
Fired up Coach, fired up Players and Fired up Fans

ZacAttack

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on November 19, 2016, 05:14:32 pm
Jvlh lost to nevada by 4 and beat dermott by 4. Dermotts (3-4) on the season, and wasn't close to Emerson. And lost to Bradley by 6. Kirby mercy ruled Emerson and Bradley both at home and away already both games.
I was told Jacksonville Lighthouse had 3 starters suspended for that game at Nevada.  And still only lost by 4 on the road.  They must have some talent!

HorseFeathers

Girls
1. Wonderview
2. Norfork
3. Nemo(3time defending champs of nothing else)
4/5....Kirby/bay/Scranton/acorn?

ballmember

If you want to know about a player for Jacksonville LH.  Look at Richard Davenport recruiting column. Freshmen Gerald Dokes  6 2.   Plays for wings team portis.     plus the big boys can flat rebound.   Not seen a team yet with their talent.   

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ballmember on November 20, 2016, 05:15:16 pm
If you want to know about a player for Jacksonville LH.  Look at Richard Davenport recruiting column. Freshmen Gerald Dokes  6 2.   Plays for wings team portis.     plus the big boys can flat rebound.   Not seen a team yet with their talent.   

Are they 1a or 2a?

ballmember

hogheaven11

November 21, 2016, 10:41:35 pm #18 Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 05:15:24 pm by hogheaven11
1)Kirby
2)Nevada
3)Shirley
4)Bay
5)County Line

Knocking on the door: Guy, Mammoth Spring, ICC, MVE

redwolf99

BOys
1)Kirby
2)Shirley
3)Bay
4)County Line
5)Nevada

HorseFeathers

Quote from: hogheaven11 on November 21, 2016, 10:41:35 pm
1)Kirby
2)Nevada
3)Shirley
4)Bay
5)County Line

Knocking on the door: JVille Lighthouse, Guy, Mammoth Spring, ICC, MVE

Jax lighthouse is a 2a team

Warhawkpa80

Red dog, how do you rank bay and county line above my boys?we beat bay head to head and county line got beat by our conference opponent?

bscinar

It's early -- wait until it counts.

yesteryearman

Quote from: bscinar on November 23, 2016, 12:32:22 am
It's early -- wait until it counts.

It counts in March when it will be Bay vs Guy III, and everybody else is back home, and that includes Kirby, Shirley, et all.....

BannerMountainMan

Guy is not that good this year and I will keep saying that, I don't know how you think they are so good they only have two players that can score..

lineman76

Quote from: Warhawkpa80 on November 22, 2016, 07:32:50 pm
Red dog, how do you rank bay and county line above my boys?we beat bay head to head and county line got beat by our conference opponent?
if your talking about the loss to sacred heart you know how it is to play them at home with their officials that's county lines only 1a loss so I wouldn't rule them out

BannerChaser95

Quote from: yesteryearman on November 23, 2016, 04:11:45 am
It counts in March when it will be Bay vs Guy III, and everybody else is back home, and that includes Kirby, Shirley, et all.....
it counts in February to get to March.  Sure it matters more later everyone here knows you don't get championships for how you play in October, November, December, January, but I can tell you is that the two teams you listed sure aren't showing out in guy and bat. They may be in at the end. But they need to step up their October November game to be in these conversations in this thread. I don't think anyone here's counting them out. I had them in my 5th place tie. But this is about at this point in the season. So until march let's just enjoy 2016 half of the season.

BannerMountainMan

To Eagle Mom- your record is 6-4, how do you lose to Concord and Pangburn??
To Timbo your 10-6 how have you already lost 6 games to Sacred Heart, Cotter, Calico Rock, Mammoth Spring, Western Grove and us??? For people that talk the hype you gotta be the hype!

Thechosen1

I'm from Bay and I don't see anyone beating Kirby this year and that includes Bay. Too well coached and Smith is a smart good guard who doesn't make mistakes. I do not think Shirley is as good as everyone thinks JMO. It's kirbys time I said it two years ago when I watched them play Bay in the semis that in a couple years they'd be there. GP will be there in the end as well.

yesteryearman

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 23, 2016, 09:53:32 am
Guy is not that good this year and I will keep saying that, I don't know how you think they are so good they only have two players that can score..

I thought Guy only lost the point guard from last years team, or maybe they lost two starters, however, Ballard, and the other two guys are pretty good, one I believe is Hutchcraft's grandson, 6'5", junior I think, and I saw him play the big kid from Bay pretty even last year.  Still, I believe Hutchcraft will have them there by Feb, and I'll be surprised if Brannon doesn't have Bay there by then.  But, we will see.

ballmember

Big game Friday November 25 at Marvin Newton Classic in Viola.   11 am  ICC Sr boys plays Shirley.  Hopefully, will be a good game.   

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: ballmember on November 23, 2016, 04:51:22 pm
Big game Friday November 25 at Marvin Newton Classic in Viola.   11 am  ICC Sr boys plays Shirley.  Hopefully, will be a good game.   
I'll be there yessir!

Bigtimebasketballfan

I have watched a lot of ball over my years and being top 5 in November doesn't mean much at all. Some teams could look completely different in February. Bay usually drops a couple games early every year but come February coach Brannen has them on point and tough to beat. I think this year is more open than I can remember in years past. There are 6-8 teams I could see winning it. No clear cut hands down favorite.

ballmember

Not many years ago no one was for sure who would win state and guess what--Mammoth Springs won.  Watched them several times, not great athletes, did not wow anyone but they were very effective and made few mistakes.   May have that type team win this year.   May be 8 or 9 teams capable of winning.  Guy definitely has the most talent.    Could be fun.  From 2 south conferernce: Guy , Shirley and Mt Vernon Enola I think capable.   

ballmember

Correction----Guy and MVE not from 2 south conference.     

SackAttack

Ok but not having the benefit of seeing enough of this class and for no good reason Im gonna give the five I think will be there in the end. Hope this passes for a somewhat informed opinion. Much will depend on state tournament bracket
1.Kirby
2.Guy
3.Bay
4.Nevada
5.Mt. Vernon .

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: SackAttack on November 24, 2016, 04:42:35 pm
Ok but not having the benefit of seeing enough of this class and for no good reason Im gonna give the five I think will be there in the end. Hope this passes for a somewhat informed opinion. Much will depend on state tournament bracket
1.Kirby
2.Guy
3.Bay
4.Nevada
5.Mt. Vernon .
Isn't is weird Shirley has beat two of those teams handily

SackAttack

Let me let you in on a little secret there Banner Knoll Man. They have these things for sale at Wal mart called calendars. Keeps track of the days and months for you. This is November. My post was about March when the state tournament is played. We have a Wal mart here in Clinton for your convenience and we let people from Shirley shop there too. Yall might be relevant in March and you might not.

BannerMountainMan

I'm just sorry man that Shirley has taken over Van Buren County, Clinton had about 50 fans at every game I watch and when Shirley came to Clinton in that tourney we had about 300, and get ready when we woup yalls butts next week^

Warhawkpa80

Sack attack, Shirley has experience. They have been there and done that. Wait a minute.... What has this group won?

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 24, 2016, 06:20:25 pm
I'm just sorry man that Shirley has taken over Van Buren County, Clinton had about 50 fans at every game I watch and when Shirley came to Clinton in that tourney we had about 300, and get ready when we woup yalls butts next week^
Taken over as in permanently or just settling in since October 15th. See theres a difference. Funny I saw a game or two last week and I didnt see 300 people there total so you gonna need a recount there Hillary. Took over in 2013 nope was awful. 2014 pitiful!! 2015 average!! 2016 very painful first round beat down by a lesser team. and 2017 hasnt happened yet so yeah yall have really taken over allright. Yes sir.

BannerMountainMan

Clinton has done what? Won 10 games the last 4 years combined 😂😂

SackAttack

Ok show me where i said we were good here in Clinton. We arent!!I simply posted who I thought would be top 5 at the end of the year and thats all. Your toes are going to get really sore letting them get stomped on. No where on here have I promoted clinton basketball. this is about 1A we are 3A

Warhawkpa80

Assuming shirley is the 1 seed who will they match with in regionals to go to state?

SackAttack

So congratulations are in order Shirley is now the Van Buren county champions. Finished first in a three horse race. Parade to commence soon on Banner Mountain Mans driveway. Man once again its NOVEMBER.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas