• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Concord at Westside 11/18

Started by Catfish, November 16, 2016, 03:05:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Catfish

Concord girls win by 15, and Concord boys in by 5-10 IMO

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Catfish on November 16, 2016, 03:05:17 pm
Concord girls win by 15, and Concord boys in by 5-10 IMO
Your opinion and 45 cents will get ya a Sam's Choice soda from machine at Walmart.  I'll take my Eagles in a likely sweep. We have talent and slight coaching advantages and our fans will represent.  Down when purple and yellow. Eagles Fly!

BannerMountainMan

Concord girls win for sure, But WS boys take a slight advantage

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 16, 2016, 04:16:14 pm
Concord girls win for sure, But WS boys take a slight advantage
So if Concord boys played you all to the wire...and our boys have advantage over them...are you saying our boys have legitimate shot to beat Shirley??? Now you're figuring it out.

BannerMountainMan

Shirley was just shell shocked with how Concord played, they never seen that before

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 16, 2016, 04:50:51 pm
Shirley was just shell shocked with how Concord played, they never seen that before

So just pick arbitrary aspects of the game and apply them to fit your argument. Got it now. You all have no weaknesses.  Kool-aid anyone??

BannerMountainMan

Playing with no big man and 5 guys outside the 3 point line is a little different that normal right?

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 16, 2016, 05:00:10 pm
Playing with no big man and 5 guys outside the 3 point line is a little different that normal right?
If you're the best team in the state surely you don't expect people to just line up and play straight up predictable basketball....right?

BannerMountainMan

CrispyLips

Catfish you wouldn't happen to be from concord would you? Will your boys play WSGF the same way they did Shirley?

Catfish

Quote from: CrispyLips on November 16, 2016, 05:49:39 pm
Catfish you wouldn't happen to be from concord would you? Will your boys play WSGF the same way they did Shirley?

I am. That is something I don't know. I'm sure coach has got it all figured out already.

Catfish

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on November 16, 2016, 05:07:56 pm
If you're the best team in the state surely you don't expect people to just line up and play straight up predictable basketball....right?

Eagle Mom.. I actually agree with you on this. But if Shirley is a top team in the state they have a lot to work on.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Catfish on November 16, 2016, 06:50:16 pm
Eagle Mom.. I actually agree with you on this. But if Shirley is a top team in the state they have a lot to work on.
Well, Mr Fish...like my old basketball coach said on the rare occasions I scored more than a layup or 2...even a blind squirrel, we'll you know...Shirley is a good team but I think they can be beaten. Coach Davis will have our boys motivated and prepared for that game, no question. But between now and then I hope we beat your boys friday. Lord knows we need wins in boys the way our girls have been playing.

Catfish

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on November 16, 2016, 06:53:49 pm
Well, Mr Fish...like my old basketball coach said on the rare occasions I scored more than a layup or 2...even a blind squirrel, we'll you know...Shirley is a good team but I think they can be beaten. Coach Davis will have our boys motivated and prepared for that game, no question. But between now and then I hope we beat your boys friday. Lord knows we need wins in boys the way our girls have been playing.

Hahaha 😂 I think they can definitely be beat. When you're suppose to be one of the top teams in the state people are going to be pumped up for you every night. I would know. I played on a few teams that were that way. Now I was never the best player, or the second best player, and probably not even the third best player on those teams, I atleast got to be apart of it. It's fun. You just gotta live up to the hype.

arstatechamp13

This conference is wide open IMO. Sounds like the whole state is. Shirley has a lot of weapons but from what I witnessed they're not head and shoulders above anybody. If they're top three, there is a whole slough of teams that could beat them and anybody else that's considered top tier teams this year. Lots of teams ranging from mediocre to decent that could have a good night or catch one of these good teams on a bad one and things could get interesting. I think we've already seen that with Guy and Bay, MVE, Shirley. Lots of teams of the same caliber out there.

CrispyLips

It's going down tomorrow at the nest!! Who y'all got winning this one? Either team have any stand out players?

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: CrispyLips on November 17, 2016, 07:06:47 pm
It's going down tomorrow at the nest!! Who y'all got winning this one? Either team have any stand out players?
Only standout players are Buzzard mom1945 and Catfish

BannerMountainMan

I'm jk but anyways I think Westside will have the advantage because I heard the parent meetings went well this week!

CrispyLips

Parent meetings = Guaranteed win = Baboom
EAD

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 17, 2016, 07:17:49 pm
I'm jk but anyways I think Westside will have the advantage because I heard the parent meetings went well this week!
One of our best weeks yet. Fried fish and hush puppies were delicious and our PowerPoints broke down Concord girls' defense in great detail. Coach Richey will have the girls ready to roll, no doubt about it.
Davis likely to bring out the ole man for man defense with that deadly run and jump trap variety in the boys game...cross half court and beware, a trap is coming so watch for the snare!! Here we go!
Eagles Fly!

Warhawkpa80

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Warhawkpa80 on November 17, 2016, 07:51:28 pm
What the heck is EAD?
I believe it stands for Elves and Deer...maybe a Christmas reference? Doesn't make sense to me.

thebigtiger

HorseFeathers

CrispyLips

Bigleague

Doesn't matter both teams bad.   

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Bigleague on November 17, 2016, 08:59:30 pm
Doesn't matter both teams bad.
And I suppose your team, whoever they may be, has a huge win over the Guy Thunderbirds???

Bigleague

Bay will find a way.   Remember that. 

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Bigleague on November 17, 2016, 09:09:51 pm
Bay will find a way.   Remember that.

Oh no....tell me you're not one of those Coach Brandon Bradley disciples from Bay!

Eagle_Mom_2

For those of you interested...I'll be a few rows up behind the Guests bench tomorrow. I look like every country girl from Kenny Chesney or Tim McGraw song. If Catfish wants to finalize this bet for the games.
West Side Sr girls over Concord, 54-46
West Side Sr boys over Concord, 100-53.

arstatechamp13

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on November 17, 2016, 09:22:14 pm
For those of you interested...I'll be a few rows up behind the Guests bench tomorrow. I look like every country girl from Kenny Chesney or Tim McGraw song. If Catfish wants to finalize this bet for the games.
I believe Jacksonville lighthouse and Shirley will be a much better game!

Eagle_Mom_2

November 17, 2016, 09:50:54 pm #32 Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 09:52:35 pm by Eagle_Mom_2
Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 17, 2016, 09:49:58 pm
I believe Jacksonville lighthouse and Shirley will be a much better game!
Jacksonville lighthouse sounds like a Mormon Mission operation. Bender man, do you watch any basketball besides that Shirley mediocrity?

Catfish

Catfish

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on November 17, 2016, 09:22:14 pm

I'll be looking for you! Concords best player (girls) isn't playing tomorrow due to broken ribs. So that hurts us pretty bad.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Catfish on November 17, 2016, 10:08:37 pm
I'll be looking for you! Concords best player (girls) isn't playing tomorrow due to broken ribs. So that hurts us pretty bad.
Davis is out??? I hadn't heard about that.

BannerMountainMan

Didn't wanna risk a player on an easy game

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 17, 2016, 10:46:58 pm
Didn't wanna risk a player on an easy game
I don't think this will be THAT easy of a game for us. I think Concord will challenge us but we have the best player on the floor in that game. Not to mention our recruit who is now fully comfortable with the team. Eagles Fly!

Catfish

arstatechamp13

Catfish

Catfish

Final Girls

Concord 69

WSGF 50

WITHOUT Benton.

BasketballNeverStops

November 18, 2016, 07:29:34 pm #42 Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 08:08:44 pm by BasketballNeverStops
Quote from: Catfish on November 18, 2016, 07:21:41 pm
Final Girls

Concord 69

WSGF 50

WITHOUT Benton.
AND Davis in foul trouble.Great win for our girls in the nest. Back to the drawing board in the parents meetings. 

Catfish

BannerMountainMan

Shirley is putting on a show tonight

Catfish

Catfish

Pirates brought the broom with them to westside tonight. Clean sweep

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: Catfish on November 18, 2016, 09:13:29 pm
Pirates brought the broom with them to westside tonight. Clean sweep
Yes sir! Proud of all three teams on great games!

ballmember

Jacksonville Lighthouse Sr Boys beat Shirley.   

Eagle_Mom_2

Well the shock has almost passed.  We will have to figure something out.  Have to get bry going more in Sr girls,  she's going to have to carry us. 
Sr boys I don't even know what to say.  Team with no size beat us down.
I'm just not sure how we lose with better talent and better coaching.  Just at a loss right now.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas