• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scores for week of Nov 14th

Started by HorseFeathers, November 14, 2016, 03:17:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

RedWolf275

NeaBaller21

Heard the coach did the stupid 5 in 5 out crap again? It doesn't work against good teams .

Thechosen1

Not that it matters now but Bays starting pg was also out. Heard it was a family emergency

smackdat014

Sparkman:19
Ouachita : 12 end of 1st quarter

smackdat014

Catfish

smackdat014

Final
Ouachita:68
Sparkman: 67

The refs were one sided

Catfish

Thechosen1

Quote from: Catfish on November 15, 2016, 08:15:53 pm
Halftime Boys

Concord 28

Shirley 29
Is concord good or Shirley overrated like I thought? Lol

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Thechosen1 on November 15, 2016, 04:55:21 pm
Not that it matters now but Bays starting pg was also out. Heard it was a family emergency

Hope everything is ok

HorseFeathers

Catfish

Final Boys

Concord 44

Shirley 51

Was a 3 point game with under 2 minutes to go. I wasn't impressed with Shirley tonight.

deep purple

I predicted to horse feathers earlier today that concord would upset shirley. I was almost right lol

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: Catfish on November 15, 2016, 08:59:17 pm
Final Boys

Concord 44

Shirley 51

Was a 3 point game with under 2 minutes to go. I wasn't impressed with Shirley tonight.
Concord missed key free throws down the stretch and Shirley cashed in on theirs in the end. I was not impressed with Shirley either. Looked sloppy with the ball and turned it over a bunch.

Thechosen1

Kirby looks to be head and shoulders above everybody at this point in the season.

BannerMountainMan

Easy to be a close game when Concord hold the ball for 3 minutes each time before they shoot every time, Shirley 9-0

CrispyLips

Pangburn beats WSGF boys by 5 in one of the worst officiated games I have been to in a while

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 15, 2016, 10:04:02 pm
Easy to be a close game when Concord hold the ball for 3 minutes each time before they shoot every time, Shirley 9-0
Shirley had their fair share of time with the ball late. Concord got some turnovers and scores out of transition that helped keep the game close.

thebigtiger

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 15, 2016, 10:04:02 pm
So Concord and Shirley had less than 12 possessions each?  Or am I missing something?

Eagle_Mom_2

West Side once again gets the shafts in officiating. Clearly outplay Pangburn just to have it taken from us on some really questionable calls. We will get to work on how to fix this tomorrow. Parents/fans let's meet at Eagle's Nest at 12. Put together suggestions for the coaches in PowerPoint form please. Coach Richey didn't like the Excel format we used on those states spreadsheets last time. If we want the teams to get better we have to get better too! Eagles Fly!

Tigger

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on November 15, 2016, 11:25:50 pm
West Side once again gets the shafts in officiating. Clearly outplay Pangburn just to have it taken from us on some really questionable calls. We will get to work on how to fix this tomorrow. Parents/fans let's meet at Eagle's Nest at 12. Put together suggestions for the coaches in PowerPoint form please. Coach Richey didn't like the Excel format we used on those states spreadsheets last time. If we want the teams to get better we have to get better too! Eagles Fly!

I wouldn't say you outplayed Pangburn.  It was well played on both sides.  Officiating was bad for both teams.  Our starting post player fouled out with more than 5 minutes left in the fourth quarter and your coach failed to take advantage of it.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Thechosen1 on November 15, 2016, 08:21:49 pm
Is concord good or Shirley overrated like I thought? Lol
Overrated must mean beating 4 or 5 top teams already

thebigtiger

Hey Banner Mountain did Concord really hold it 3 min per possession?  Just trying to get some ideas on them they coming up on schedule

BannerMountainMan

They play 5 out, the don't have a big guy, so they hold it about 1 min before each possession and they only drive it and kick it out for 3, I mean the game got sped up every once in a while but it was hold the ball a lot of the time

Catfish

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 16, 2016, 08:17:23 am
They play 5 out, the don't have a big guy, so they hold it about 1 min before each possession and they only drive it and kick it out for 3, I mean the game got sped up every once in a while but it was hold the ball a lot of the time

For one.. it may have been a minute twice the whole game. Two, Concord drove it to the rim more times than they shot the three. And three, if Concord would have shot 50% from the free throw line they would have won the game. Concord missed 12-15 free throws.

Thechosen1

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 16, 2016, 06:35:40 am
Overrated must mean beating 4 or 5 top teams already
I'm not impressed. Early season doesn't matter, guy proved that last year. Sounds like Shirley is getting worse and not better

OwlFan4

Emerson improved to 5-2.  Defeated Claiborne Academy from down the road in Louisiana.  Halftime score 44-8, final 56-24.  I was told Jefferson only played 1st quarter.  No starters played 2nd half. Glad I sat that one out.  Anyone hear anything on the Strong game, Strong is Emerson's next opponent and I haven't seen anything about them on here or MaxPreps.   Also interested in Bay, Shirley, Guy Perkins, Nevada, & MVE.  Trying to keep track of these 6 or 7 teams that I hear should be among top 10 in class A.

rammer

November 16, 2016, 04:47:06 pm #29 Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 09:54:33 am by rammer
According to Max Preps Dermott beat Abundant Life last night by a score of 66-59

BannerMountainMan

November 16, 2016, 04:51:59 pm #30 Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 10:59:44 pm by BannerMountainMan
Abundant life is a state tourney team! They played us early and they weren't ready but they sure have some players

thebigtiger

Quote from: OwlFan4 on November 16, 2016, 02:04:51 pm
Emerson improved to 5-2.  Defeated Claiborne Academy from down the road in Louisiana.  Halftime score 44-8, final 56-24.  I was told Jefferson only played 1st quarter.  No starters played 2nd half. Glad I sat that one out.  Anyone hear anything on the Strong game, Strong is Emerson's next opponent and I haven't seen anything about them on here or MaxPreps.   Also interested in Bay, Shirley, Guy Perkins, Nevada, & MVE.  Trying to keep track of these 6 or 7 teams that I hear should be among top 10 in class A.
Timbo needs to be added to this list.  We had a bad game against Shirley and lost 1 game earlier.  We are headed in the right direction we will send ppl home that we "shouldn't "

hogheaven11

Arvest Tournament Quarterfinals
Mammoth Spring-36....5-2 (1-0)
Viola- 24....3-7 (1-1)

Mammoth vs. Timbo in semis tomorrow.

BoxNOne

Quote from: NeaBaller21 on November 15, 2016, 04:18:32 pm
Heard the coach did the stupid 5 in 5 out crap again? It doesn't work against good teams .

He did.

redwolf99

who is Claiborne Academy? Are they bad or has Emerson improved that much from just barely beating Ouachita a few game back  ?

Quote from: OwlFan4 on November 16, 2016, 02:04:51 pm

Moonshiner

Quote from: thebigtiger on November 16, 2016, 06:21:28 pm
Timbo needs to be added to this list.  We had a bad game against Shirley and lost 1 game earlier.  We are headed in the right direction we will send ppl home that we "shouldn't "

Alright, list your resume'.  Who have you beaten?  Who have you lost to?  And what caliber are those teams?

OwlFan4

I think both, redwolf99.  Emerson is improving, but from what I heard Claiborne Academy is bad.  The game against Quachita, Ouachita had a kid wearing #23 who played like Jordan that night.  MaxPreps list him as Regan Jones.  He was begging for the ball in the second half and couldn't miss.  Most teams take a while to adjust to a new coach, Emerson is no different.  I haven't seen them play in a few weeks, but hope to see another of their games before Christmas.  I'm going to try and watch that Kirby vs. Pine Bluff game this afternoon, I heard you can watch it online.  I'm curious how good Kirby really is.

BannerChaser95

November 17, 2016, 04:37:43 pm #37 Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 05:11:11 pm by BannerChaser95
Kirby sr girls 60
Little Rock Mills (5A) 19
Final
Going to be a long year for mills...

BannerChaser95

BannerChaser95

Pine bluff 64
Kirby 43
Final.
Kirby drops its first game but can't think to much in to this. This game means nothing.

bball2015

Wonderview Sr Girls 55
Paragould 51
In OT in the McDonalds Shootout at Paragould

Thechosen1

Bay- 45
Jonesboro- 50 final sr girls
Bay led the whole game led by 4 at half. Yes this was an A game at Jonesboro.

OB11

bball2015

Wonderview Sr Girls 55 Springdale 47 in the McDonalds Shootout in Paragould. Wonderview will face Nettleton in the championship game tomorrow. 

rammer

Boys Final

Emerson   91
Strong      61

Ballhearts

Shirley Sr boys led Jacksonville light house by almost 20 in second quarter and ended up losing tonight

BannerMountainMan

Great game by both teams, Shirley looked like an all star team in the first half and JVLH did in the second half! That freshman will go far in that team!

lineman76

County line 54 to 32 over Scranton

Moonshiner

let-it-fly

Sr Boys - Friday 11/18
Alpena - 63
Omaha - 58
F - OT

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas