• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First Service Bank Tournament - Clinton

Started by Jcarson831, November 11, 2016, 03:45:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jcarson831

Clinton is hosting the First Service Bank Tournament starting tomorrow (Nov. 12). Games will be played on Nov. 12, 14, 16, 17, and 19.

Matchups Tomorrow:
11:30 AM - Nemo Vista vs Vilonia (Boys)
12:50 PM - Nemo Vista vs Greenbrier (Girls)
2:10 PM - Heber Springs vs Marshall (Boys)
3:30 PM - Clinton vs Heber Springs (Girls)
4:50 PM - Shirley vs Valley Springs (Boys)
6:10 PM - Quitman vs Valley Springs (Girls)
7:30 PM - Melbourne vs Clinton (Boys)

Additional teams in the tournament that will play on Monday: Pottsville Boys and Girls, and Vilonia Girls. I will post results and games each day. Admission is $5, or a tournament pass is available for $20.

Ballhearts

The top teams in this tourney so I know what games to go watch

HorseFeathers

Ballhearts

Shirley up on valley 51 to 44 going into 4th

Ballhearts

Shirley over valley springs 71 to 56 is final

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Jcarson831 on November 11, 2016, 03:45:22 pm
Clinton is hosting the First Service Bank Tournament starting tomorrow (Nov. 12). Games will be played on Nov. 12, 14, 16, 17, and 19.

Matchups Tomorrow:
11:30 AM - Nemo Vista vs Vilonia (Boys)
12:50 PM - Nemo Vista vs Greenbrier (Girls)
2:10 PM - Heber Springs vs Marshall (Boys)
3:30 PM - Clinton vs Heber Springs (Girls)
4:50 PM - Shirley vs Valley Springs (Boys)
6:10 PM - Quitman vs Valley Springs (Girls)
7:30 PM - Melbourne vs Clinton (Boys)

Additional teams in the tournament that will play on Monday: Pottsville Boys and Girls, and Vilonia Girls. I will post results and games each day. Admission is $5, or a tournament pass is available for $20.

Vilonia over Nemo boys
Nemo over Greenbrier girls
Marshall over Heber boys
Clinton over Heber girls
Shirley over Valley
Valley over Quitman girls
Clinton over Melbourne boys

BannerMountainMan

Boys bracket
Clinton vs. Vilonia Thur.
Pottsville/Marshall vs. Shirley Wed. 7:45
in semis, the rest of the boys games will be in just pool play so all teams can have 3 games
Championship game is Saturday night

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Ballhearts12 on November 12, 2016, 06:35:42 pm
Shirley over valley springs 71 to 56 is final
sounds like Kirby and Shirley are pretty even in the win departments. Both with impressive wins, kirbys closest game of the year is valley springs at an 17-18 point win. So that's the game I wanna see. Kirby vs Shirley.

BannerMountainMan

Currently at the Clinton tourney, Greenbrier girls and Melbourne are playing right now, Pottsville boys and Melbourne boys next then Nemo and Pottsville girls play third and then Shirley and Marshall boys round off the night! I'll be here all night if y'all want some updates or scores

Head Lion

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 16, 2016, 04:56:09 pm
Currently at the Clinton tourney, Greenbrier girls and Melbourne are playing right now, Pottsville boys and Melbourne boys next then Nemo and Pottsville girls play third and then Shirley and Marshall boys round off the night! I'll be here all night if y'all want some updates or scores
sounds good BMM

HorseFeathers

BannerMountainMan

Greenbrier girls won, Pottsville boys won big, Right now Nemo girls up 21-20 over Pottville, middle of 2nd

BannerMountainMan

Marshall and Shirley tied at 10 end of 1st!

Catfish

BannerMountainMan

BannerMountainMan

BannerMountainMan

Shirley won 58-48, beat decent 3a team, 10-0

ballmember

Thought Shirley played a good 4th quarter.    Shirley scored well inside.  Marshall shot well outside and then started going one on one with their best scorer against Shirley best defender.  that strategy didnt work; also thought Marshall got a break when no technical was called for slamming chair by a player.   Shirley kept their cool and just played.   Probably difference in the game. 

bobcats

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 16, 2016, 09:04:10 pm
Shirley won 58-48, beat decent 3a team, 10-0

If Marshall is just a decent 3A team I don't know what that says about Shirley.  Here are the facts, Marshall is in their first week of games and Shirley has been playing a month, One of Marshall's starters is on the bench in street clothes with a football injury and has not been cleared to play.  You also didn't mention Marshall's big man sat most of the second half in foul trouble and did eventually foul out.  I guess If Marshall is only a decent 3A team then Pottsville must be a bad 4A team that lost by double digits to Marshall on Monday night.  A Pottsville team that has 4 starters back on a team that made the 4A state tournament last season.  Marshall led Shirley most of the way but since they were shorthanded and not in basketball shape ran out of gas in the 4th quarter and shots didn't fall.  Would love a rematch a month from now but we know that is not happening.  Trust me, Shirley would not want any part of Marshall a few weeks from now.

BannerMountainMan

Gotcha sir! Too bad y'all got away with two huge Charge calls and that non technical call, y'all can shoot well! And btw "decent" means a contender, y'all for sure not the best and for sure not the worst so calm down bro

Baller100

Non technical? For crying out loud, all the kid did was hit his chair. Shirley's coach was jumping up and down all over the court, up in a officials face after a "no" call. Both teams played well this evening and I agree with bobcats, Marshall got gassed in the end but their football season ended not too long ago. Shirley is a very good 1A team and I'm sure they will win the tournament. Good luck to both teams this year.

BannerMountainMan

Pottsville and Valley girls in the finals and Vilonia and Shirley boys in finals, Saturday evening games

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas