• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jeff Jefferson King of the 1A?

Started by BirdCall, November 09, 2016, 11:28:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BirdCall

Heard this kid was really good and is not getting publicity because he plays in a 1A. Don't get o catch many 1A games so somebody fill me in on him.

redwolf99

I got the opportunity to watch him play last year and he is a good player but I wouldn't go as far to call him "king of 1A" he is no Roark, Watson or Revels by any means.

OwlFan4

I've seen him play a couple of games this year.  IDK what he averages, but the games I saw I'm sure he had double figures in scoring and rebounding, and probably close to double digits in assists & steals as well.  He's a point guard who is extremely difficult to guard one on one.  The games I saw, the other teams tried to double & triple team him.  I read that he and Revel were named 2 of the top 5 class A players last year by the coaches' association.  I'm sure he is still one of the best players in class A again this year, but I wouldn't call him the King, I haven't seen enough games yet this season.  I saw a lot of Cabot's games last year and many of the 7A state tourney games since they were in Cabot, and Jefferson could have played on any of the 7A teams I saw.  IDK his height, maybe 5'8" or 5'9", probably too short to get any looks from Div. 1 colleges, but I'm sure he could play at smaller college level.  It's a shame the small class teams and players don't get recognized more in the state-wide paper.

smackdat014

I have been on fearless 5 or 6 years... And have yet to see Roark, Watson, Revels or any other absolute great player he called the king..

So I will have to say this post is rediculous! Yes, Jeff is a great player. Jeff can score, he can rdbound, he can still the ball, heck he can even touch the rim. With that being said does he have the attitude, can he lead a team? Playing basketball and bring a great ball player ain't all about just you.

Now Lebron James, people refer to him as the king, some argue with that. Lebron has proven his self to me more then just a scorer, he is an all around ball player.

BannerChaser95

Here's the deal, have you ever seen those teams that barely made it to state. As maybe let's say a 3 seed? And you look at them and say wow, that one kids good but has no help? That's Jeff. However his stats reflect that to because he does everything and no one can help. He wasn't doing all this last year and was probably averaging a third of the rebounds last season. Because he has no one to help him he does it all which will make him look better. But at 5'9" he won't be the reason they going 27-5 or something like that. In my opinion he's not even been the best player on the court while playing Kirby. So why should he be the best in 1A? An awful team in ouachita played him box-n-1 on him and they barely beat ouachita. He's a talented athlete none the less but heck the Guy-Perkins 'Ballard boy is As good as he is maybe not the ball handling part, but we see one players not all that matters.

BasketballFan8680

He Is A Really Good Player ... He Seems To Be Very Unselfish & can Score At Will... I Would Say He Is One Of The Best In 1A This Year

smackdat014

One of the best in 1A yes... King of 1A, Noo... Lol

smackdat014

Unselfish  ???
Quote from: BasketballFan8680 on November 09, 2016, 03:35:48 pm
He Is A Really Good Player ... He Seems To Be Very Unselfish & can Score At Will... I Would Say He Is One Of The Best In 1A This Year

BasketballFan8680

If He Almost Average Double Figures In Assist, Thats pretty unselfish

smackdat014

Dog_killer42

Jefferson Can Score No Doubt. But Were Is His Defense?

BannerMountainMan

NEA Razorback olfan

BannerMountainMan

Not big 3 as in heighth just as in most 3 productive but prolly 6'0, 6'1, 6'3 sharp shooter, slasher and big man jump shooter

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 11, 2016, 09:47:08 pm
Not big 3 as in heighth just as in most 3 productive but prolly 6'0, 6'1, 6'3 sharp shooter, slasher and big man jump shooter

They sound tough, Teams that have a solid inside and outside game is tough to beat.

BannerMountainMan

Eh they 7-0 beat Mount Vernon Guy and St. Joseph Conway

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 11, 2016, 09:52:52 pm
Eh they 7-0 beat Mount Vernon Guy and St. Joseph Conway

Impressive wins, we won state in 14, with no one taller than 6'2,
Solid fundamentals and a pg that can create off the dribble plus a sharpshooter

BirdCall

Quote from: Dog_killer42 on November 11, 2016, 11:30:45 am
Jefferson Can Score No Doubt. But Were Is His Defense?

When you have to do everything for your team you can't play lockdown defense every possession. 

smackdat014

Have to do everything for your team?
Must be why someone another guy had 34 points.. haha!

Dog_killer42

Quote from: BirdCall on November 14, 2016, 11:49:02 am
When you have to do everything for your team you can't play lockdown defense every possession.
When Have You Seen Him Do Everything For His Team?

Thechosen1

He's good... but honestly may not even be a top 5 player in 1a.. I put smith from Kirby, Layne at bay the kid from Shirley Ballard at guy Perkins all ahead of him. Good player but no "king" I don't see a standout king or best player in 1a this year.

OwlFan4

Have all these other players being mention progressed and Jefferson regressed since last year?  He was one of only 2 or 3 Jrs. selected by coaches' association as a top 5 player last year.  I saw a team made up of players from Clarendon, Augusta, & Brinkley play a national's final MAYB game against players from Park in Little Rock a few years ago in Wichita, KS.  This was the national championship game, won by the kids from east Ark.  I saw players from all over the country, and honestly, I don't think I've ever seen any point guard Jefferson's size that has his quickness with the ball.  Jefferson also has a pretty long range on his 3-pointers as well. Thers was a kid from Clarendon, Jamarlin Jackson, that was about 6', and graduated around 2011 or 2012 that was the MVP of that MAYB tourney that I would take over Jefferson but only because he was a bit taller.  Jackson spent Friday night of that tourney in the ER with concussion symtoms.  He played 5 games on Saturday and 4 more on Sunday, after suffering the concussion.   I'd still put Jefferson in the top 5 this year along with the other 4 names mentioned.

yesteryearman

Quote from: OwlFan4 on November 15, 2016, 01:45:47 pm
Have all these other players being mention progressed and Jefferson regressed since last year?  He was one of only 2 or 3 Jrs. selected by coaches' association as a top 5 player last year.  I saw a team made up of players from Clarendon, Augusta, & Brinkley play a national's final MAYB game against players from Park in Little Rock a few years ago in Wichita, KS.  This was the national championship game, won by the kids from east Ark.  I saw players from all over the country, and honestly, I don't think I've ever seen any point guard Jefferson's size that has his quickness with the ball.  Jefferson also has a pretty long range on his 3-pointers as well. Thers was a kid from Clarendon, Jamarlin Jackson, that was about 6', and graduated around 2011 or 2012 that was the MVP of that MAYB tourney that I would take over Jefferson but only because he was a bit taller.  Jackson spent Friday night of that tourney in the ER with concussion symtoms.  He played 5 games on Saturday and 4 more on Sunday, after suffering the concussion.   I'd still put Jefferson in the top 5 this year along with the other 4 names mentioned.

None of this really matters......Bay vs Guy in March is all that will really matter

Moonshiner

Never heard of him.  Where's the King play at?

OwlFan4

Jefferson plays at Emerson.  That's the problem, not only for Jefferson, but for all the good/great players from smaller classifications outside Little Rock or Northwest Arkansas.  Emerson has lost in the state finals the last 2 years to Bay.  Emerson had an all-star by the name of Revels who graduated.  Revels played well in the state all-star game at UCA against players from class A-7A.  The only time I've seen Jefferson referred to as "The King", is by whoever started this post.  He's a great class A player based on his performance the last 2 years, but he's not "The King".  IDK if there is a player this year in class A that should have that distinction.  Those type players only come along once every few years, like Malik Monk for Bentonville, or a few years ago Ky Madden for EPC.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas