• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-2a South rankings

Started by Eagle_Mom_2, November 05, 2016, 08:11:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

And the winner is.....

West Side
0 (0%)
Eagles
1 (20%)
Lady Eagles
0 (0%)
Maybe Shirley boys if our boys quit having a team
2 (40%)
Coach Richey's tailor's bank account...seriously is there a suit store here in town? Cuz man that young man dresses sharp
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: November 15, 2016, 10:30:58 pm

Eagle_Mom_2

November 05, 2016, 08:11:08 pm Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 10:18:38 pm by Eagle_Mom_2

BannerMountainMan

West Side over Shirley what the heck are they feeding you at these parent meetings, you are crazy.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 05, 2016, 08:47:56 pm
West Side over Shirley what the heck are they feeding you at these parent meetings, you are crazy.
You could just say you disagree. Time will tell, but if it comes down to coaching I like our chances. Davis highly underrated.

Warhawkpa80

I agree eagle mom. Davis had much better game plan than brown town when they played our boys. Officiating was just lopsided against Shirley.

Eagle_Mom_2

November 05, 2016, 10:15:53 pm #4 Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 10:27:32 pm by Eagle_Mom_2
No doubt about it, WarHawk. Davis superior I think.

BasketballNeverStops

I will tell you this Eagle Mom, having Rural girls at 6th is way too low. I expect a top three finish in the conference for them.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on November 05, 2016, 10:48:16 pm
I will tell you this Eagle Mom, having Rural girls at 6th is way too low. I expect a top three finish in the conference for them.
Haven't seen there srs play yet. We beat them by 25-30 twice last year in sr girls and beat them either 2 or 3 times in jr girls as well. Hard for me to see how they could be that much improved. I think they lost most of there better ones in sr girls.
You all up there in the p&g beat up on them as well if memory serves me...so I don't guess I see it. Time will tell I guess.
Til then....Eagles Fly!

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on November 05, 2016, 10:56:37 pm
Haven't seen there srs play yet. We beat them by 25-30 twice last year in sr girls and beat them either 2 or 3 times in jr girls as well. Hard for me to see how they could be that much improved. I think they lost most of there better ones in sr girls.
You all up there in the p&g beat up on them as well if memory serves me...so I don't guess I see it. Time will tell I guess.
Til then....Eagles Fly!
They are very young, with their top two leading scorers being sophomores. They got back the girl that moved to West Side last year as well. The Kocher girl who is the leading scorer, had a triple double against Sacred Heart and has scored in the high 20s three games so far.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on November 05, 2016, 11:55:03 pm
They are very young, with their top two leading scorers being sophomores. They got back the girl that moved to West Side last year as well. The Kocher girl who is the leading scorer, had a triple double against Sacred Heart and has scored in the high 20s three games so far.
Don't let statistics worry you too much. The ole Green and white will confuse, confound, and astound them as it has for years...I'd bet a root beer float from Eagle's Nest we sweep them.

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on November 06, 2016, 12:02:10 am
Don't let statistics worry you too much. The ole Green and white will confuse, confound, and astound them as it has for years...I'd bet a root beer float from Eagle's Nest we sweep them.
I've always been raised to believe that "numbers never lie" but I reckon we will see.

Catfish

I hate Eagle Mom more than any person on earth. West side isn't a top 3 team in the conference in boys or girls.

Central Ark

Eagle Mom, do y'all have like a president and Vice President in parent meetings.

CrispyLips

Catfish I disagree.... The WSGF boys are definitely in the top 3 of conference.. The girls however I am not too sure about
EAD

Catfish

Quote from: CrispyLips on November 06, 2016, 05:00:40 pm
Catfish I disagree.... The WSGF boys are definitely in the top 3 of conference.. The girls however I am not too sure about
EAD

Honestly the boys probably are. They are extremely inconsistent though.

gamechanger11

Boys
1. Shirley
2. Concord
3. Westside
4. Timbo
5. Southside
6. Bradford
7. Midland
8. Rural special

Girls
1. Rural Special
2. Timbo
3. Westside
4. Concord
5. Southside
6. Midland
7. Shirley
8. Bradford

Central Ark

Remember SSBB and Bradford are not in this combined conference.

gamechanger11

This would be final rankings after tournament. Conference does not matter anymore.

Central Ark

It matters just as much as before. Except no champion in reg season. Still playing for a seeding, just like previous years. Why would you rank teams after the tourney, only 1-4 matters.

gamechanger11

Not really. Some teams don't even play each other so seeding is going to be the good ole boys system. Like an invitation tourn.

Central Ark

Your reg season still determines your seeding, Just like before. But now it's going to be more difficult.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: gamechanger11 on November 06, 2016, 06:40:04 pm
Not really. Some teams don't even play each other so seeding is going to be the good ole boys system. Like an invitation tourn.
Gamechanger, what does good ole boys system mean? I am not following? If a good ole boy is needed, do we have one at West Side? If not we sure need to sign one up at next parent meeting.
Do regular season records not determine seeds for district? I'm confused I guess

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Catfish on November 06, 2016, 01:20:15 pm
I hate Eagle Mom more than any person on earth. West side isn't a top 3 team in the conference in boys or girls.
Cuts deep...almost as deep as our pockets on the lake and almost as deep as out tradition of beating Concord in basketball.

gamechanger11

Just means when seeding takes place some of the teams that have not played one another has nothing to go off of other than what someone says. Therefore sometimes seeding can get a little dicey. Nothing major

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: gamechanger11 on November 06, 2016, 07:48:50 pm
Just means when seeding takes place some of the teams that have not played one another has nothing to go off of other than what someone says. Therefore sometimes seeding can get a little dicey. Nothing major
Gamechanger, where do your allegiances lie? Are you a fan of a school on our conference? Do you watch much basketball or just causal fan?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: gamechanger11 on November 06, 2016, 07:48:50 pm

Or two teams get railroaded into taking one or the other out early cause they're really good....and nobody wants to play them with region bid on the line

Warhawkpa80

All you got to do is win and the rest takes care of itself.

gamechanger11

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: gamechanger11 on November 06, 2016, 08:11:36 pm
Why do ask eagle mom?
Just wondering if you watch teams in our conference play a lot? I got the impression you watch basketball in the area and just wondered.

gamechanger11

I really enjoy sports and have seen most in the conf play. Have not seen the Eagles or the Mustangs from midland. Have seen the others. And from what I have seen thus far the lady rebels and the blue devils are the two teams to beat.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: gamechanger11 on November 06, 2016, 08:18:11 pm
I really enjoy sports and have seen most in the conf play. Have not seen the Eagles or the Mustangs from midland. Have seen the others. And from what I have seen thus far the lady rebels and the blue devils are the two teams to beat.
Does Shirley have a shot to win the whole shootin match in your opinion?

gamechanger11

Yes. They have a shot. Believe they might need another one that can score. Have one good shooter. Have not seen Kirby or Icc but they are as good as any class a team out there.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on November 06, 2016, 08:22:56 pm
Some of the old timers, who aren't obviously loyal Eagle fans, down at the Eagle's Nest think Shirley is best team in the state. I think we have their number this yr. Carlton best guard in the state in boys basketball. Bentley might be best scorer here in past 20 yrs

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: gamechanger11 on November 06, 2016, 08:28:48 pm
Yes. They have a shot. Believe they might need another one that can score. Have one good shooter. Have not seen Kirby or Icc but they are as good as any class a team out there.

Don't know anything about ICC. I haven't even heard of Kirby. Where is that at? I heard Guy will be good and County Line is supposed to be good again

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on November 06, 2016, 08:30:55 pm
Don't know anything about ICC. I haven't even heard of Kirby. Where is that at? I heard Guy will be good and County Line is supposed to be good again

Kirby is year in-year out a top 5 team in 1a...how have you not heard if them?

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 06, 2016, 08:34:16 pm
Kirby is year in-year out a top 5 team in 1a...how have you not heard if them?
[/quote
If they're in some other part of the state I have trouble seeing them. Working retail hours doesn't really let me get out too much. Lucky to catch the Eagles games I do. I Googled Kirby though...home of the Trojans. Hmm

HorseFeathers

On 27 outside of Murfreesboro. . . . I understand the getting out and around the state part...job I've had last two years has limited my traveling for gsmes....

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on November 06, 2016, 08:30:55 pm
Shirley has beat Guy, Nemo, Mount Vernon, St. Joseph (Conway), Abundant Life already this year, can't argue with facts, beat each team handily, Mount Vernon was only kinda close game, y'all lost to Nemo and Mt. Vernon (by 20) +1 BannerMountainMan

BirdsontheBat27

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on November 06, 2016, 08:28:59 pm
Some of the old timers, who aren't obviously loyal Eagle fans, down at the Eagle's Nest think Shirley is best team in the state. I think we have their number this yr. Carlton best guard in the state in boys basketball. Bentley might be best scorer here in past 20 yrs
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....just can't argue with ignorant

Catfish

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on November 06, 2016, 07:25:18 pm
Cuts deep...almost as deep as our pockets on the lake and almost as deep as out tradition of beating Concord in basketball.

I really hope this is a joke lol also if Carlton is the best guard in the state then I honestly have a chance to play at Kentucky. hahahah i mean this is honestly insane to me that you said either of these things.

Catfish

Quote from: gamechanger11 on November 06, 2016, 05:30:42 pm
Boys
1. Shirley
2. Concord
3. Westside
4. Timbo
5. Southside
6. Bradford
7. Midland
8. Rural special

Girls
1. Rural Special
2. Timbo
3. Westside
4. Concord
5. Southside
6. Midland
7. Shirley
8. Bradford

Im not just saying this because i am from concord, but how in the world is concord #4 on the girls side?? They beat Calico Rock 20. And Calico beat West Side. lol this is hilarious

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on November 06, 2016, 08:22:56 pm
Kirby will have something to say about that. I know you said you haven't heard of Kirby. But they're usually pretty good. And we're a few points shy of beating bay in the semis in boys 2 years ago. They're going to be their towards the end.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on November 07, 2016, 09:06:15 pm
Kirby will have something to say about that. I know you said you haven't heard of Kirby. But they're usually pretty good. And we're a few points shy of beating bay in the semis in boys 2 years ago. They're going to be their towards the end.
I really meant no offense. My work schedule at Sav-a-lot just doesn't allow me to get to a lot of games outside of ours at West Side.
I did some research on the Trojans and does look like they've been quite successful in recent years. Look forward to seeing them play in the state tournament.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on November 07, 2016, 09:10:52 pm
I really meant no offense. My work schedule at Sav-a-lot just doesn't allow me to get to a lot of games outside of ours at West Side.
I did some research on the Trojans and does look like they've been quite successful in recent years. Look forward to seeing them play in the state tournament.
I understand the not being able to travel much. I love basketball more than anything and can sit and watch every game at state is the only reason I know of some teams, other wise good ol fearless and google are my friends lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas