• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-2a south Sr girls

Started by Eagle_Mom_2, October 26, 2016, 09:17:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

no mascot

Quote from: gamechanger11 on October 27, 2016, 09:12:32 am
Hahaha. It is comical how people are always trying to stir the pot. However, the biggest problem in athletics is the sense of entitlement and thinking someone is better than what they are. I have not heard anyone on any board talk about how good either of the teams you speak of are. So it appears that you eagle mom have some dillusional thoughts. I would imagine that the Eagles are a very solid team and from what I have seen the Pirates really hasn't played anyone but are probably a solid team as well. But for you to come on here and speak of coaches when you are on your third in as many years that maybe the players are the ones with the pedigree not the coaches. Now I am only saying this since you guys want to run every coach out of town. Here is the thing that most parents fail to understand and that is as you sit and speak so negatively about coaches you are he very ones that are setting your child/player/team up for failure. As you sit and speak badly about coaches, other players, refs, Etc. your are implanting a trust issue and an excuse maker out of your player which in turn hurts your player and team and no one else. So here is the real question and that is. How successful could your teams have really been had you supported your coach rather than blaming them for something your player did wrong that you probably told them to do? So as you sit and try to stir the pot think about how you yourself probably treated the one who has coached these teams there at ws that has had great talent but did not succeed primarily because players did not buy in because of the negativity of people like want to spew. Now with that said the lady eagles have some very good players and I am sure they will have a good season and again be in the hunt for a conference title just like last year.

OMGoodness this is delightful! super mic drop!

EagleMom nobody cares if you are a man or woman except for you. Don't make a deal over that you're making yourself look worse by playing that card. Just realize that your girls coach is reading all of this and is trying to figure out how to relay the message that he agrees 100% with the fact that you parents would be better off just to be supportive and stop trying to figure out how many wins are "built into the schedule". like was previously stated, all of your parent meeting nonsense is nothing more than a distraction and leads to animosity and excuse making for a lack of production. Y'all have a great time living through your children tho! These are the best years of your life!

Eagle_Mom_2

1-2a south GIRLS thread? We all know that dreadful night when we couldn't handle the p&g. I didn't know we were bringing up random outside facts to discuss. Your vitriol towards us from WS and use of data existing outside the scope of girls basketball here tells me you can't actually make a valid argument on topic. Our Jr lady Eagles will likely be collecting a trophy later this week and will gladly accept from your coach when he walks it out to us.

no mascot

What? What is p&g? vitriol is a good word btw.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: no mascot on October 29, 2016, 10:15:16 pm
What? What is p&g? vitriol is a good word btw.

The colors of our rivals which I won't mention as apparently I stirred the pot by simply questioning why people are so high on them when we went undefeated against them last yr

no mascot

LOL ok! Reading your posts on here I can only imagine the brain trust that must be congregating at your parent meetings! Do you think anybody that you're talking to on here actually are affiliated with concord? At one point I thought you yourself was from concord!

Yall both have good high school programs that give kids a chance to have a good time playing basketball and be competitive with the other local teams. Any deviation from that on your part only detracts from the enjoyment that your players can experience, but who am I to interfere! 

Eagle_Mom_2

I don't know what would signal that, frankly. I can't stand them when it comes to athletics. Outside of that I don't have a problem I suppose. Just being Rivals.
And there's no deviation. That's what I'm trying to say. We have these meetings for the good of our players. It's not like we want to influence our coaches, we just want to make sure for the good of our program they're doing great work...which, I would think it's obvious they are. Great wins already this season. We are united as parents and fans behind our girls and boys. Eagles Fly!

no mascot

So what exactly happens behind closed doors at these meetings? what is discussed?

Eagle_Mom_2

Usually just playing time, if we are running good defensive alignments the quality of both nachos in the concession stand and offensive sets, the general things important to sustain program stability.

no mascot

Nachos LOL.. is the coach in on these meetings? If not how is he brought up to speed on your findings?

ErnestTBass

The coaches at Eagle University are 100 percent on board with our meetings! For instance last weeks meeting we had 83% of our parents in attendance to discuss all issues relative to program superiority! Coaching skills and strategies are high seed along with Mama Eagles leadership skills and prodding for the superior facility and concession stand work! This week for instance we will be discussing our upcoming battle with the WarEagles I mean Warhawks! I would totally recommend Eagle Mons skills and  upbringing to anyone that might want to listen or not! Parent meetings rock and will continue in spite of foreigners attempts to derail us! We will be heard and continue to strive for 83% attendance

Warhawkpa80

Don't think for a second I didn't catch your jab at the WarHAWKS. Don't think I will not show this to our boys as well. Like I said on the other thread the WS boys are not very good! I expect another throttling like we gave to BAY!

ErnestTBass

Simple topographical error Pa. Was only trying to neccitate the need for parent meeting continuing and moving forward! I expect a great game with a squeaky clean floor and a high seed concession stand in superiority to all others east west sideways and upsides!

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: gamechanger11 on October 27, 2016, 09:12:32 am
Hahaha. It is comical how people are always trying to stir the pot. However, the biggest problem in athletics is the sense of entitlement and thinking someone is better than what they are. I have not heard anyone on any board talk about how good either of the teams you speak of are. So it appears that you eagle mom have some dillusional thoughts. I would imagine that the Eagles are a very solid team and from what I have seen the Pirates really hasn't played anyone but are probably a solid team as well. But for you to come on here and speak of coaches when you are on your third in as many years that maybe the players are the ones with the pedigree not the coaches. Now I am only saying this since you guys want to run every coach out of town. Here is the thing that most parents fail to understand and that is as you sit and speak so negatively about coaches you are he very ones that are setting your child/player/team up for failure. As you sit and speak badly about coaches, other players, refs, Etc. your are implanting a trust issue and an excuse maker out of your player which in turn hurts your player and team and no one else. So here is the real question and that is. How successful could your teams have really been had you supported your coach rather than blaming them for something your player did wrong that you probably told them to do? So as you sit and try to stir the pot think about how you yourself probably treated the one who has coached these teams there at ws that has had great talent but did not succeed primarily because players did not buy in because of the negativity of people like want to spew. Now with that said the lady eagles have some very good players and I am sure they will have a good season and again be in the hunt for a conference title just like last year.

A lot of overly polite "coachspeak" sounds like to me. I guess that's better than the constant bullying because I'm a woman. I don't know how delusional I am. Thought it was more just realistic and factual  to say WS better than Concord in girls basketball. Undefeated last year in head to heads. Eagles Fly!

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on October 29, 2016, 09:30:33 pm
Quote from: Catfish on October 28, 2016, 11:39:04 am
100-53
[/quote
What a night to be a Pirate.
Catfish and BasketballNeverStops must both be Pirates. Wish I knew who these people were. Doesn't seem like either know much about basketball. Just talk bunch of nonsense and use examples from years and years ago.

BirdsontheBat27

Ma'am alright please just give it a rest already....you are just like Hillary...keep spewing the same old thing like you are reading from a script.  You are only making things worse, get off the internet and do something worth while! 

Warhawkpa80

Birdsonbat seems to be a member of the he man woman haters club. I hope you feel like a big man trying to verbally intimidate a woman. I'll just ramble on down the road.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: BirdsontheBat27 on October 31, 2016, 07:59:06 pm
Ma'am alright please just give it a rest already....you are just like Hillary...keep spewing the same old thing like you are reading from a script.  You are only making things worse, get off the internet and do something worth while!
You keep rambling on and on about politics. This is a basketball discussiom, sir.

Catfish

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on October 31, 2016, 05:53:47 pm
Catfish and BasketballNeverStops must both be Pirates. Wish I knew who these people were. Doesn't seem like either know much about basketball. Just talk bunch of nonsense and use examples from years and years ago.

It don't matter if you're a women or man I'm sure you're right. I bet you know WAY more about the game of basketball than me. Your post have showed that you're a basketball genius.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Catfish on October 31, 2016, 09:34:53 pm
It don't matter if you're a women or man I'm sure you're right. I bet you know WAY more about the game of basketball than me. Your post have showed that you're a basketball genius.
You seem like on of those people who was either:
A 4 man who just rebounded and defended the 5th best player on the floor...OR....
One of those kids who only shot corner 3s and guarded the other teams' 5th best player. So I'd guess I know a thing or 2 more than you. I've watched Hoosier and Love and Basketball approximately 763 combined times.

BirdsontheBat27

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on October 31, 2016, 08:09:54 pm
You keep rambling on and on about politics. This is a basketball discussiom, sir.
Actually the other little eagle used Hillary first ma'am...
Oh this is a basketball discussion??? Who would've thought with all your rants about your superior parents and how they should all be in the basketball coaching all of fame! 

BirdsontheBat27

And I sure hope you are a troll playing a "mom" because if not I will keep your child in my prayers because most normal parents have far more important things to do than to pretend to be a coach on the internet. 

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: BirdsontheBat27 on October 31, 2016, 09:49:54 pm
Actually the other little eagle used Hillary first ma'am...
Oh this is a basketball discussion??? Who would've thought with all your rants about your superior parents and how they should all be in the basketball coaching all of fame!
I have not made a reference to any political candidate, nor do I wish to state that I'll be supporting HRC and campaigning outside the Greers Ferry library next Monday from 4 to 6 pm.
Aside from that, it's all basketball. Are you another Concord apologist, birds in bush? You talk big as if you're one of those road raging men who think they're superior to women.
Now, back to basketball if we can please get back to it. This conversation has been so derailed...people please post predictions on conference/district finishers.
WS, Concord, Timbo, SSBB, Midland, Rural Special, Shirley and Bradford are in district tournament this year.
Who are predictions to make regionals? I think Lady Eagles make state but other 3 spots filled by other conference.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on October 31, 2016, 05:52:02 pm
I guess that's better than the constant bullying because I'm a woman.
I'm a woman and I have been on this board for years and have yet to ever be bullied to badly.  In fact, most will defend if necessary and I have made great friends.  Most of the men on the board are very respectful if you respect them first.  The same goes for their kids who represent different schools.   It's better to prove your knowledge and love of sports through not only your posts but your actions as well.   Welcome to Fearless.  :)

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: PrivateLesson on October 31, 2016, 10:00:11 pm
I'm a woman and I have been on this board for years and have yet to ever be bullied to badly.  In fact, most will defend if necessary and I have made great friends.  Most of the men on the board are very respectful if you respect them first.  The same goes for their kids who represent different schools.   It's better to prove your knowledge and love of sports through not only your posts but your actions as well.   Welcome to Fearless.  :)
I'm done with gender discussion. They prob didn't know your gender and know mine because of name. I was called a "silly broad." Not debating it though.
Back to predictions on district please?

Warhawkpa80

Timbo with the clean sweep in my prediction. Big poppa pump Edgar bringing in the Bill Taylor swag. Heard he will be the next big thing in coaching.

Catfish

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on October 31, 2016, 09:46:14 pm
A 4 man who just rebounded and defended the 5th best player on the floor...OR....
One of those kids who only shot corner 3s and guarded the other teams' 5th best player. So I'd guess I know a thing or 2 more than you. I've watched Hoosier and Love and Basketball approximately 763 combined times.

Once again.. basketball genius.

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on October 31, 2016, 09:46:14 pm
So I guess that makes me a genius since I've watched Space Jam, Coach Carter, and Glory Road a combined 2,376 times. Me and Catfish know plenty about the game.

OwlFan4

This is great reading.  My kids graduated several years ago, so I don't have a dog in the hunt anymore.  From what I gather, since at my age I've watched several thousand basketball games from peewee to high school to college and pros, and watched almost all episodes of "The White Shadow", and saw "White Men Can't Jump" numerous times, I too am an "expert" and know as much as the coaches, but I now have no need to second guess them.  I enjoy these boards giving me updates that are not available elsewhere.  The Dem/Gaz is worthless when trying to follow small class basketball until the regionals and state tourneys.  I don't have time to Google small town newspapers around the state to try & follow local teams.  Keep the updates coming, and oh how I look forward to hearing about the upcoming MVE vs WSGF game, wish I could make it, but can't.

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: OwlFan4 on November 02, 2016, 10:30:11 am
This is great reading.  My kids graduated several years ago, so I don't have a dog in the hunt anymore.  From what I gather, since at my age I've watched several thousand basketball games from peewee to high school to college and pros, and watched almost all episodes of "The White Shadow", and saw "White Men Can't Jump" numerous times, I too am an "expert" and know as much as the coaches, but I now have no need to second guess them.  I enjoy these boards giving me updates that are not available elsewhere.  The Dem/Gaz is worthless when trying to follow small class basketball until the regionals and state tourneys.  I don't have time to Google small town newspapers around the state to try & follow local teams.  Keep the updates coming, and oh how I look forward to hearing about the upcoming MVE vs WSGF game, wish I could make it, but can't.
MaxPreps is also a great tool to use for updates across all classifications as long as teams stay up to date on scores.

OwlFan4

Yes, I think AAA is strongly encouraging, if not requiring, schools to report their results this year on MaxPreps.  I check that several times a week.

Catfish

West side girls are 3-3 and lost to Calico Rock last night. A team Concord girls beat by over 20. Concord is 5-1

ARNAguy

I assume Eagle_Mom_2 was at last night's game, where the Calico Rock girls defeated the  WSGF girls, 53-51. What I witnessed was a mediocre WSGF team at best, although they did seem well coached. Calico Rock is in a rebuilding year, as all five of last year's starters graduated. This year's starters (2 seniors, 2 juniors, and a sophomore) had very little playing experience last year, although I feel this year, they will get better with each game they play. That being said, Calico Rock will most likely still be playing for third place in the 1-2a North, behind ICC and Norfork. From what Eagle_Mom_2 Has said thus far in this thread, the WSGF girls are one of the top teams in all of 1a, which is totally ridiculous. Only time will tell, but those WSGF fans should temper their lofty expectations a bit...

arstatechamp13

I'm still convinced she's just stirring the pot. Not convinced on gender either.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Catfish on November 02, 2016, 06:09:30 pm
West side girls are 3-3 and lost to Calico Rock last night. A team Concord girls beat by over 20. Concord is 5-1

How did game go tonight in girls tournament between Concord and our girls? Had to work and was unable to make it

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: arstatechamp13 on November 02, 2016, 10:00:02 pm
I'm still convinced she's just stirring the pot. Not convinced on gender either.
I love how you all continue to discuss my gender but tell me none of the attitude toward me is affected by me being a woman.

Catfish

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on November 02, 2016, 10:00:44 pm
How did game go tonight in girls tournament between Concord and our girls? Had to work and was unable to make it

It was Jr High so I have no idea lol

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on November 02, 2016, 10:00:44 pm

What tournament?

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Catfish on November 02, 2016, 10:40:24 pm
It was Jr High so I have no idea lol
I did find out. Lady Eagles were dominant.
I suppose that's irrelevant but the fact that your Pirates boys won will be relevant. We are trying to build yet another basketball dynasty here and our Junior high program is a huge step in that along with our amazing fans and parents. Coach Richey has once again shown why he is a great coach. Incredible preparation by him tonight, both his game plan and from what I heard his suit and tie as well. Eagles Fly!

Eagle_Mom_2

Hasn't been much chatter here as of late. Looks so far like Coach Richey has been keeping things close to the vest...his number of Facebook posts have decreased greatly. Too small of a sample size yet but appears to coincide with our losing a lot. But I think the reason we've lost is probably because he has a lot still up his sleeves for a late season run...think maybe he was playing a little possum vs Concord by losing big even with the Bentin girl out. We still look the part of being the best team in the conference by district time, I'd say. Looking forward to our tournaments coming up in December. Hope all the fans, players, and coaches enjoy Thankstaking break. Eagles Flyyyyyyyy!

Bigleague

I know what the 5A north girls are thankful for this year.   That they are in same region as the 2A south girls.   

SackAttack

Quote from: Bigleague on November 24, 2016, 12:18:34 pm
I know what the 5A north girls are thankful for this year.   That they are in same region as the 2A south girls.   
Im thankful I live in the city of Clinton and I dont have to watch crappy 1A girls basketball in any form. All the area small schools around the Great Lake are our little step brothers anyway. Ive been reading how great all these teams are and Im thankful Im losing my eyesight so I dont have to watch it any more than I do. Pass the Pe`canPie please.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: SackAttack on November 24, 2016, 03:53:15 pm
Im thankful I live in the city of Clinton and I dont have to watch crappy 1A girls basketball in any form. All the area small schools around the Great Lake are our little step brothers anyway. Ive been reading how great all these teams are and Im thankful Im losing my eyesight so I dont have to watch it any more than I do. Pass the Pe`canPie please.
By little step brothers, you must mean a more talented and more athletic kid whose mom was sought out by a dad disappointed at how unintelligent and unathletic their own child is so he went out and got a step kid who he could live vicariously through...because clinton girls wouldn't finish top 4 in our conference this year.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Bigleague on November 24, 2016, 12:18:34 pm
5a north isn't even that good if you ignore that the top 3 teams are all probably top 5 teams in the state. Aside from that though

thebigtiger

Timbo is in top 3 in the conference.  May end up sneaking into the 1 spot by the end of the year
Thankful for coach, thankful for players and thankful for fans!
Go Tigers!

SackAttack

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on November 24, 2016, 04:02:04 pm
By little step brothers, you must mean a more talented and more athletic kid whose mom was sought out by a dad disappointed at how unintelligent and unathletic their own child is so he went out and got a step kid who he could live vicariously through...because clinton girls wouldn't finish top 4 in our conference this year.
Something like that> I hear yall have a lot of that sort of thing going on there in Greers Ferry. I dont make it down that far often> I usually turn around on the lake around sugar Loaf. Narrows is the forbidden zone Ive heard too many bad things go on under that bridge after dark.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: thebigtiger on November 24, 2016, 04:15:57 pm
Timbo is in top 3 in the conference.  May end up sneaking into the 1 spot by the end of the year
Thankful for coach, thankful for players and thankful for fans!
Go Tigers!
Timbo isn't relevant yet, sorry Mr. Tiger. I thought early they might be a challenge but looks like they're still who we thought they were...maybe the 5th best team or so. But look at the bright side,  couple years ago I didn't even know they had a team

thebigtiger

Well I think Coach Edgar has them headed in the right direction he has the right game plan and attitude to push this group into the top 3.  You won't want to play us come tourney time
Fired up coach, fired up players and fired up fans!
Go Tigers!

J.D.

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on November 24, 2016, 04:04:01 pm
5a north isn't even that good if you ignore that the top 3 teams are all probably top 5 teams in the state. Aside from that though

lol

gamechanger11

Lololol. 5a North is the best conference in the state and that has been proven over and over and over and over lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas