• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-2a south Sr girls

Started by Eagle_Mom_2, October 26, 2016, 09:17:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagle_Mom_2

I keep hearing about Concord girls. It's incredible that they haven't beaten the mighty Lady Eagles in years yet ppl write us off and keep talking the Lady Pirates up. I'm not sure what gives...I heard how they got worn out by Mt Vernon last week. Seems they're overrated to me. I heard the powers that be in the purple palace are praying things go awry so that they can make a run at someone with pedigree from a winning program...preferably West Side.

no mascot

Eagle_mom_2 I think you've confused fearless friday for TOPIX. maybe you'll get a reply more to your liking on that site...

BannerMountainMan

Mount Vernon girls will beat y'all by double digits.

Eagle_Mom_2

Nemo won't beat us double digits next time thru. Got our bad game out of our system last night. Sat with some other parents last night...the way we see it looking at schedule, 23 wins built in, depending on tournaments could get to 27-28 wins before regionals. Eagles Fly!

no mascot

"sat with some other parents" the source of all basketball knowledge!

Eagle_Mom_2

Yes, at West Side most of us fans are actually really informed and know the game sideways and backdoor. So yes, at West Side, we know the deal

no mascot

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on October 26, 2016, 09:41:43 pm
Yes, at West Side most of us fans are actually really informed and know the game sideways and backdoor. So yes, at West Side, we know the deal

I'll give you a clap for that! lol

BannerMountainMan

I heard it was like 51-16 at halftime and you said you know it won't be a double digit game next time? That's some much improvement! If So I will be really inspired!

Eagle_Mom_2

Now Banner man...u know good and freaking well WS boys beat y'all last yr if not for officiating in District Finals

BannerMountainMan

I thought we was talking about girls???

Eagle_Mom_2

Sorry, hard to stay on track when every team in our program is a contender.

no mascot

You're forgetting bannermountainman that you are talking to the collective knowledge of the informed parents of the fine purple and gold. They know the game sideways AND backdoor, lol.

Be lucky if you don't get mercy ruled next time out.

Eagle_Mom_2

Don't ever accuse me of wearing p&g...green and white flows thru these veins. One of my kids came in from the Nike outlet with a purple shirt...I poured gas on it and lit it.

no mascot

HAHAHAH SORRY! that's funny tho for real. Might even earn you another clap, you're on a roll! What's the girls conference going to end up being from top to bottom?

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: no mascot on October 26, 2016, 10:04:50 pm
You're forgetting bannermountainman that you are talking to the collective knowledge of the informed parents of the fine purple and gold. They know the game sideways AND backdoor, lol.

Be lucky if you don't get mercy ruled next time out.
I was highly aware they have parent meetings, next time I figure they'll invite the coach so they can tell him how to coach too.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on October 26, 2016, 09:58:30 pm
Now Banner man...u know good and freaking well WS boys beat y'all last yr if not for officiating in District Finals
Also we beat y'all three times last year.... I'll give it to yah on the girls games but boys. No way.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: no mascot on October 26, 2016, 10:09:32 pm
HAHAHAH SORRY! that's funny tho for real. Might even earn you another clap, you're on a roll! What's the girls conference going to end up being from top to bottom?
1st West Side
2nd South Side
3rd Timbo 4-0 baby
4th Concord, I guess even tho they're overrated
After that I don't know

BannerMountainMan

Shirley girls down to 5 players right now it's not good at all.

Eagle_Mom_2

Heard about that. Hate to hear it, especially with circumstances.

BasketballNeverStops

October 26, 2016, 11:24:48 pm #19 Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 11:35:58 pm by BasketballNeverStops
Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on October 26, 2016, 09:17:00 pm
I keep hearing about Concord girls. It's incredible that they haven't beaten the mighty Lady Eagles in years yet ppl write us off and keep talking the Lady Pirates up. I'm not sure what gives...I heard how they got worn out by Mt Vernon last week. Seems they're overrated to me. I heard the powers that be in the purple palace are praying things go awry so that they can make a run at someone with pedigree from a winning program...preferably West Side.
Concord went up 14-3 in the game against MVE and all looked well until MVE heated up in the second quarter. Concord kept it close all game and got in foul trouble at the end and that benefitted MVE. I'm not quite sure how we got "worn out" by keeping it within single digits all night. I think the definition of getting "worn out" would be y'alls game against Nemo. And these girls you call "overrated" know how to win. I'll let a 55-13 record and two trips to the state finals in softball speak for itself. We are 3-1 at the moment and this group is very capable of doing great things. See you November 18th.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on October 26, 2016, 11:24:48 pm
Concord went up 14-3 in the game against MVE and all looked well until MVE heated up in the second quarter. Concord kept it close all game and got in foul trouble at the end and that benefitted MVE. I'm not quite sure how we got "worn out" by keeping it within single digits all night. I think the definition of getting "worn out" would be y'alls game against Nemo.

Enter Concord's record overall in girls last yr vs us here....Jr girls 0-3, Sr girls 0-2...maybe? When u beat us come talk to me. Our tradition is top notch, bar none in girls basketball. Eagles Fly!

BirdsontheBat27

hahahaha.....wow never ceases to amaze me how foolish some people are from westside.
I honestly don't even know why they bother hiring coaches just to run them off when every fan there seems to be a John Wooden or Pat Summitt type. 
Love someone trying to rekindle the ole concord/westside rivalry a little bit, but you maam may have fallen off the turnip truck a time or two....with all due respect   :)

Catfish

Quote from: BirdsontheBat27 on October 27, 2016, 07:39:25 am
hahahaha.....wow never ceases to amaze me how foolish some people are from westside.
I honestly don't even know why they bother hiring coaches just to run them off when every fan there seems to be a John Wooden or Pat Summitt type. 
Love someone trying to rekindle the ole concord/westside rivalry a little bit, but you maam may have fallen off the turnip truck a time or two....with all due respect   :)

Every single word in this statement is true. Thank you for saying this lol

gamechanger11

Hahaha. It is comical how people are always trying to stir the pot. However, the biggest problem in athletics is the sense of entitlement and thinking someone is better than what they are. I have not heard anyone on any board talk about how good either of the teams you speak of are. So it appears that you eagle mom have some dillusional thoughts. I would imagine that the Eagles are a very solid team and from what I have seen the Pirates really hasn't played anyone but are probably a solid team as well. But for you to come on here and speak of coaches when you are on your third in as many years that maybe the players are the ones with the pedigree not the coaches. Now I am only saying this since you guys want to run every coach out of town. Here is the thing that most parents fail to understand and that is as you sit and speak so negatively about coaches you are he very ones that are setting your child/player/team up for failure. As you sit and speak badly about coaches, other players, refs, Etc. your are implanting a trust issue and an excuse maker out of your player which in turn hurts your player and team and no one else. So here is the real question and that is. How successful could your teams have really been had you supported your coach rather than blaming them for something your player did wrong that you probably told them to do? So as you sit and try to stir the pot think about how you yourself probably treated the one who has coached these teams there at ws that has had great talent but did not succeed primarily because players did not buy in because of the negativity of people like want to spew. Now with that said the lady eagles have some very good players and I am sure they will have a good season and again be in the hunt for a conference title just like last year.

BannerMountainMan

I love you guys! Y'all three hit it right on the nose^^^^^ Go Concord!!!

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 27, 2016, 09:14:20 am
I love you guys! Y'all three hit it right on the nose^^^^^ Go Concord!!!
They did do a great job setting the record straight! Our boys coach as been at his alma mater for 13 years and our girls coach has been at Concord for 9 years! Must be doing something right!!

ballmember

dont know if true or not but reputation is westside parents run the program, not the coaches.     Hope they can have a good year.     They sure have went through several coaches.    Do the stable coaches that would stay a long time not apply there or what.   Always have good pee wee teams,  but later...........  It should be a hotbed for class a basketball.    Hope to see kids develop and improve each year.   

ballmember

Excellent response from gamechanger11;  have watched them from a distance and agree.    MVE may turn into hotbed for girls basketball.    MVE boys coach has provided stability and they are always competitive regardless.      Always enjoy visiting with their fans,  seems to know basketball and not above the coach in knowledge though. Think they have hired a good young coach.     Wise man-coach told me one time:  need to have them in shape and do that by practice; and put the right 5 on the floor and do that by not listening to parents and school board.    Those two things together are not done at very many schools.   Just my observations.    Proud of those schools that allow their coaches to coach the kids.   

ZacAttack

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 26, 2016, 10:11:49 pm
Also we beat y'all three times last year.... I'll give it to yah on the girls games but boys. No way.
I thought it was 4 times: 2 regular season, GFLC Finals, and District Finals.  Was I just imagining that?

Eagle_Mom_2

Not very polite to talk down to me over opinions. Probably don't think I know basketball because I'm a woman I'd guess.
Well I would be willing to bet a burger at the Eagle's Nest that our Lady Eagles win district.
During our basketball parent meeting earlier today we discussed all the mean things people on here are saying about us at WS. We will overcome. Eagles Fly!

ErnestTBass

The Eagles have the better program EagleMom and we know it! History proves it. Can't dispute it only argue about it. We have the best facility the best coaches and the best players! Winning combination! Don't let the naysayers get you down if you are following! Fly Higher

BannerMountainMan

I figure Timbo girls will beat yah, mark my words

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 28, 2016, 12:06:49 am
I figure Timbo girls will beat yah, mark my words
I'll bet a burger in favor of this.

BirdsontheBat27

Don't play the woman card...completely misrepresented!
Nobody is talking down to you, but when you make unfathomable comments there is need for justification.
You do realize you were the one who started the "mean" comments about Concord and what not, so make sure you discuss who instigated the conversation at your next parent/coaches from the stands meeting...Good day ma'am 

Mr. Pappagiorgio

Timbo sr girls 64 west side 41
Write it down
Timbo will hit 15 3s
Big poppa pump has them rolling.
#5-0 soon to be #6-0

ErnestTBass

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on October 28, 2016, 12:50:35 am
I'll bet a burger in favor of this.
Make it a double with mayo lettuce tomato with a side of onion rings and I'll take it!! From the sonic where else!!

ErnestTBass

Quote from: BirdsontheBat27 on October 28, 2016, 08:12:03 am
Don't play the woman card...completely misrepresented!
Nobody is talking down to you, but when you make unfathomable comments there is need for justification.
You do realize you were the one who started the "mean" comments about Concord and what not, so make sure you discuss who instigated the conversation at your next parent/coaches from the stands meeting...Good day ma'am
To quote Hillarys campaign slogan-- I'm with her! EagleMom bringing cold hard facts! Eagles Soar

BirdsontheBat27

Oh gosh...you've completely lost me now. 
Nah haven't seen much of any facts just generalizations and in the persons own words..."opinions", but its all good, together we will "Make America Great Again" 

ErnestTBass

Well she's right about one thing in our weekly parent meeting we were united in the fact that we were the best in all phases of the program top and bottom and every way! It was decided in that parent meeting that we would face adversity such as this and we would stand strong so we are!! Parent meetings will continue because we come up with some really good ideas!! Greers Ferry Westside has the best program you can believe you me!'

Catfish

Catfish

ErnestTBass

Now now we were having a great conversation relative to thread intent so there's no need for that! There is no reason for folks from the other schools to be jealous only envious! Just because EagleMom came up with the idea of weekly parent meetings to discuss ways we could keep our edge of superiority in the 2Asouth shouldn't cause such jealousy! It was a stroke of genius on her part. Everyone will be bringing new ideas weekly and they will be implemented to keep our competitive edge in the conference. How can you people find fault with such thinking! So get on the bus or get left

ballmember

At these weekly parent meetings you all must fill out the lineup card, cant be the coach,  cause the bests 5 usually aint on the floor.    Those that dont start their parents must not attend those meetings.  At wsgf it is the squealing wheel that gets the grease.  Or is it gets the start !!

Eaglepride83

Coach Richey is the sixth high school girls coach in six years. Just wants the opportunity to build a program. Doesn't want the hype. Just wants to work hard and do the best job he can. As a West Side Alumni, I agree with some that we don't let the coaches coach. We never think it may be the kids wont listen. We think we are Duke University of 1A basketball. In time Richey should be a great coach if he gets the opportunity because no one has or will work harder for the kids.

ErnestTBass

Nope ballmember you have it all wrong!! These aren't gripe sessions at all! We didn't invite the principal or that young black haired guy that never comes to a game! The one that's still honeymooning. We are coming up with new strategies to keep our competitive edge that we have enjoyed for many many years!! We have great ideas! In addition to talking basketball all phases we also talk about how we can keep our facilities in clear superiority to the rest of the conference and region.  For instance it starts with hiring good top notch high seed people. See it's in the people here to be the best! For instance our janitorial staff is clearly top notch and they deserve a raise. Everybody knows Woodrow our janitor is a no nonsense guy and runs a tight ship.  There's not one speck of dust on our game floor because of Backboard Shattered pride in his duties! See no griping about PT at all! When we get the rules of conduct and by-laws drawn up I will send you a copy if you want! Eagles forever in all phases

Eagle_Mom_2

Academics Plus....they'll be getting some academics tonight. Getting schooled on the hardwood. Eagles Fly!

arstatechamp13

At first "mom" here had me convinced she was just some silly broad. Now I'm starting to catch on and realize it's just another troll. Idk who is overrating Concords girls. Must be another troll responsible for that lol Very talented team that will be lucky to make it out of the regional tournament. Probably best team in that district but they're just simply more talented. Bad attitudes have been that team's vice since pee wee

Catfish

Eagle_Mom_2

Silly broad? You must be a hit with the ladies...hint...we don't like being called broads. Also I don't appreciate being called a troll. I don't understand why I can't support our girls and boys and take part in discussion without being called names...so again I assume it's because I'm s woman who clearly knows the game sideways and backdoor. Now, I will try to stay out of the way of all of you men who clearly know so much I don't.

ErnestTBass

The lack of chivalry on this board is appealing!! I'm disgusting to the point of protest! It is just wrong to make the Eagle supporters feel bad about their unwavering and superior support of their teams!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas