• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Benton Fields

Started by Stl.Cards, March 24, 2006, 04:59:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Stl.Cards

Does anyone know if Benton fields are grass infield?  ???

ShortStopper

nope there is no grass in the infield the dirt is made from brick so it hurts to slide on. lol

Dadof 24

It is a complex of fields.  Sure they will just use the high school field and the lower field.  They are well maintained and I am sure will be in top notch shape.Later in the year the lower field gets a little loose, but that shouldn't be a problem.

softball23

Field 4 was in great shape, Field 3 well maintained but contained some obstacles.  Centerfielder ran up a hill to make a catch, short and second ran down a hill to make a relay!  Dirt was a little thick but those are all excuses all great teams play through any adversities even the field!

Logchain20

The centerfielder ran up the hill to catch a ball.  That sounds like Minute Maid...Did you all play in Houston?  :) :D ;) :D

pantherfan75

Those fields are owned and maintained by the City of Benton. It seems the school board and powers that be do not think the three time state softball champions(2 fast 1 slow) deserve a field of there own, but the baseball team just happened to get a brand new field. I am sure by the time my grand kids die of old age Benton high school girls will have a softball field, of course slow pitch will probably be back by then.

pantherfan75

Quote from: StrikeOUTvictiM :) on March 24, 2006, 06:13:03 pm
nope there is no grass in the infield the dirt is made from brick so it hurts to slide on. lol
You are tough . you could slide on gravel

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas