• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 All Star, All State, and All Tournament team selections will be linked in this post...

Started by sevenof400, November 04, 2015, 12:08:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

....when they are made available by AAA.

Please feel free to reply to this thread so you will have a reminder in your new replies to your posts once the list is available. 

Please Click here for the 2015-2016 All Star Team (now available)

Please Click here for the 2015-2016 All State Team (now available)

Please Click here for the 2015-2016 All Tournament Team (now available)

thanks to tcramer23 and moe99expedition for the heads up!

3n2

All State Tournament Team or All State?  I wish they would recognize the All State Tournament team following the respective class finals game.  I think more players and coaches would come to the finals if players were recognized after final match. 

moe99expedition

I agree! All-tournament should be automatic. MVP should be the only change for those selections. It would garner more participation if the all-tourney team was to be announced right after championship games.

As for All-state that should take no more than a week following state tournament. For the most part they have their selections made. Maybe some last minute jockeying but no reason not to have those selections out in a timely fashion.

sevenof400

Quote from: 3n2 on November 05, 2015, 07:57:41 am
All State Tournament Team or All State?  I wish they would recognize the All State Tournament team following the respective class finals game.  I think more players and coaches would come to the finals if players were recognized after final match.

3n2,

Just so this can be a one stop reference, I will be posting links to all post season teams when they are announced. 

Marionvolleyballdad

Congratulations to Marion

6A State MVP-Diane Phillips
6A All State-Diane Phillips and Annalee Parker
6A All State Tournament Team-Sara Betts and Gabi Catt
6A East All-Conference-Diane Phillips, Annalee Parker,Gabi Catt, Ally Bramucci, Sara Betts, Hope Phipps and Sarah Burford
Wendy's High School Heisman-Diane Phillips
AVCA Phenom-Annalee Parker
6A East Coach of the Year-Lisa Beasley

moe99expedition

3n2

Marionvolleyballdad must be "in the know" !  I can't find were anything as been announced. ??? 

sevenof400

In many cases, coaches will announce their own players who have earned post season honors as the coaches play an active role in deciding the players receiving these honors.  I'm waiting for the list to be posted on AAA (or some other source) so we can link to it here. 

sevenof400

Also, please take a look at how soccer names their post season teams - while not perfect, this can give you an idea of how the post season awards teams are named:

Click here

Valleysports

Quote from: 3n2 on November 06, 2015, 02:09:53 pm
Marionvolleyballdad must be "in the know" !  I can't find were anything as been announced. ???

He's in the know alright - been a long couple of years...   ::)

GoldenArks

I am assuming, still no announcements?  I wonder what takes them so long....

sevenof400

Quote from: tcramer23 on November 06, 2015, 08:34:36 pm
I am assuming, still no announcements?  I wonder what takes them so long....

There is always frustration with the pace of announcements coming from AAA.  I wish I had some positive words for you here - but there aren't any. 

I'll keep my eyes open though...

Marionvolleyballdad

3n2 My information came from our school website (Marion).  Not sure why AAA hasn't listed all the final awards for the girls.  Yes Valleysports it has been a long 4 years to be exact for my daughter.  We made it to the finals last year and came up short against Russellville and the girls were determined to get back again this year and not stumble.  They had an awesome state tournament and were very focused on the mission.  The championship game was played with very few mistakes by Marion.

Valleysports

Yes we know, you've posted "The Marion Story" many many times.  I was actually talking about it being a long few years for the VB Board.  Do you have any more daughters coming through?         

WPWells

Marionvolleyballdad

Valleysports

Haha I know - well good luck to her.  I hope she enjoys the next few years, gets the degree she needs, and ends up with a local boy, so you can eventually have as much fun with your grandchildren as you have her.  I'll be looking forward to a certain preseason college game btw. 

GoldenArks

moe99expedition

Also the All-State team selection is out also. So my question would be why are there more selections outside of 7A?

sevenof400

Quote from: moe99expedition on November 10, 2015, 11:58:16 am
Also the All-State team selection is out also. So my question would be why are there more selections outside of 7A?

Basically it is because you have more schools in the smaller classifications.  I am not saying that is right or wrong, but that is the rationale I have heard over the years.     

moe99expedition

Does anyone have any opinions on either all-state selections or all-tournament selections?

GoldenArks

3n2

moe99expedition

This is my first year. Are there 1st team, 2nd team, Honorable mention selections?

3n2

All state tourney team:  coaches get to nominate a certain number that correlates with the round in which there team gets eliminated.  Make it to semis you get 3 nominations, quarters get 2.

All State:  process based on Conference if you have 8 team conference 8 kids make it.  Coaches submit their nominees top 8 get it. 

No 1st team, 2nd, honorable mention all are the same.

ricepig

Quote from: moe99expedition on November 10, 2015, 11:58:16 am

Mostly because they incorrectly put 4 7A girls on the 6A list, haha.

moe99expedition

AllStarSportsFan

The rosters for 2015-16 volleyball All Star teams was in the Arkansas Democrat Gazette today.  Congratulations to all the girls and the coaches. 

I'm sure the AAA will eventually have the rosters on their website  :).

sevenof400

All Star link updated. 

However, the list published does not include last minute changes. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas