• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Somethin must be done

Started by Hitch, January 26, 2008, 08:00:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hitch

Where is the support for High School Basketball

I understand it is easier to follow football in the papers and to have web sites
for standings and such. I know football is King is Arkansas, but You look at all these threads and see Basketball has a great fan base.

Why can't there be a website for basketball with conference standings, stats and other basketball related things. Since obviously the State newpaper doesn't want to take the time to do it. I remember their used to be FT stats, best offense, best defense, All types of things in the paper and now we have a poll that is no where up to date.
I'll step off my soap box now.

Rulesman

Quote from: Hitch on January 26, 2008, 08:00:44 pm
...Why can't there be a website for basketball with conference standings, stats and other basketball related things...
http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/StateMain.mxp/Arkansas

Hitch

I've seen max preps, but it is not accurate either from what I've seen of it.

It is more national than state local.

reddevilhogfan

Maxpreps is a joke.I know many kids that have better stats than they have listed.How do you get coaches to list anyone?Or can you do this yourself.There should at least be a web site from Arkansas that has the true leaders. :'(     

QPWFB

Arkansas , as most states in the south, is considered to be a "football state". Football will always get top billing and the most coverage, thats just the way it is! Basketball is just something to do to fill the time untill spring football starts!
Don't know how it evolved to that point, maybe has something to do with Bear Bryant , Frank Broyels, and Darrell Royal and guys like that from the old days!

dc24

There used to be an arkansasprephoops.com or something like that, but I think it is shut down and it wasn't very accurate either.

It's like this for all sports other than football.  You can have a successful team in baseball, basketball, softball, tennis, etc. and there are people that don't care about it in your town, much less out of town.

It's like in Warren, I know there are some people, quite a few probably, that you could ask "which sport has the last state championship in our school?", and they would say 02 football when we won the baseball state championship in 2005. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas