• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas High School Basketball Rules and Regulations?

Started by Thunderbolt II, December 30, 2007, 11:25:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Thunderbolt II

Where can someone find this elusive document or documents? I've tried googling on the internet and have asked coaches and refs and no one seems to know. The Arkansas Actvities Asssoc has nothing from that I could find either.
I would like to look up some calls made by the refs during some of the games.
It seems they make some up as they go and have no backing or proof of the call.

ballin08

I ALSO HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT THIS NEW RULE?? IN SOME GAMES WE (I AM A FEMALE ATHLETE) ARE TOLD THAT OUR ELASTIC HEADBANDS ARE ILLEGAL UNLESS THEY ARE THE SAME COLOR AS THE DOMINANT COLOR OF OUR UNIFORM. BUT WE ARE ALSO BEING TOLD THAT THEY DO NOT COUNT AS A "SWEAT BAND" IN THE RULING SO THEY CAN BE ANY COLOR. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CLARIFY THIS FOR ME AND MY FELLOW TEAMMATES?

Rulesman

Quote from: Thunderbolt II on December 30, 2007, 11:25:55 am
Where can someone find this elusive document or documents? I've tried googling on the internet and have asked coaches and refs and no one seems to know. The Arkansas Actvities Asssoc has nothing from that I could find either.
Not surprising that some coaches don't know where to find a rule book.  ::) I also find it hard to believe that you have contacted the AAA for help. You can purchase a rule book from them. The address and/or phone number can be found on www.ahsaa.org.

If you will give us some specifics about the calls you want clarified we'll be glad to try and get them answered for you.

Rulesman

Quote from: ballin08 on December 31, 2007, 02:20:02 am
I ALSO HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT THIS NEW RULE?? IN SOME GAMES WE (I AM A FEMALE ATHLETE) ARE TOLD THAT OUR ELASTIC HEADBANDS ARE ILLEGAL UNLESS THEY ARE THE SAME COLOR AS THE DOMINANT COLOR OF OUR UNIFORM. BUT WE ARE ALSO BEING TOLD THAT THEY DO NOT COUNT AS A "SWEAT BAND" IN THE RULING SO THEY CAN BE ANY COLOR. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CLARIFY THIS FOR ME AND MY FELLOW TEAMMATES?
Hair restraints may be of any color. Headbands must either be all white or the same predominent color of the uniform. You can't mix and match. By definition, there is a difference between a hair restraint and a headband.

Thunderbolt II

Thanks rulesman no offense but I want to read it in black and white. Everyone has their opinion or take on almost all calls.

OC

Quote from: Rulesman on December 31, 2007, 01:33:23 pm
Quote from: Thunderbolt II on December 30, 2007, 11:25:55 am
Not surprising that some coaches don't know where to find a rule book.  ::) I also find it hard to believe that you have contacted the AAA for help. You can purchase a rule book from them. The address and/or phone number can be found on www.ahsaa.org.

If you will give us some specifics about the calls you want clarified we'll be glad to try and get them answered for you.

Wouldn't surprise me if some of the refs in Arkansas don't know where to find one either.

fredthompson

I officiate and with all respect officials have and know where to get rule books.

Thunderbolt II

FT, if you do not mind then where could we find this product; surely there is an electronic version somewhere.

I see that some/most refs need to actually read it and abide to it.

Rulesman

Quote from: Thunderbolt II on January 06, 2008, 09:58:29 am
FT, if you do not mind then where could we find this product; surely there is an electronic version somewhere.

I see that some/most refs need to actually read it and abide to it.
If you will go back and read my first response, I told you where you could obtain a copy of any rule book published by the National Federation. The Federation does not make these available online to the general public.

fredthompson

Thank you Rulesman and don't judge all refs by a very few that might not be good, Thunderbolt.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas