• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shirley vs Kirby

Started by BannerMountainMan, November 16, 2016, 05:18:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

I'm gonna start this way early and so much will happen between now and then but both coaches just set up a game in mid January between Shirley and Kirby,  @Kirby, fyi!

BannerChaser95

Heard they were trying to earlier in the season. That right thier will be a game!!

HorseFeathers

Warhawkpa80

No thanks horsey, I'm married.

redwolf99

whats the info on this game schedule? I would like to see this one

itsslim

Pine Bluff Zebras vs. Kirby Trojans 11/17 5:15 game can be seen live at https://www.meridix.com/everywhere.php?liveid=Itsslim

BannerChaser95

Quote from: redwolf99 on November 17, 2016, 08:23:16 am
whats the info on this game schedule? I would like to see this one
everyone wants to clear their schedule.

itsslim

What's up with this Kirby team? I see they are 9-0 what players to watch tonight?

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: itsslim on November 17, 2016, 12:27:41 pm
What's up with this Kirby team? I see they are 9-0 what players to watch tonight?
Idk man but what's up with this Shirley team, they are 10-0

itsslim

I d k never heard of em, pine bluff plays Kirby today

BannerChaser95

Quote from: itsslim on November 17, 2016, 12:27:41 pm
#2 is best all around player. Coaches son. 3 will lock down defense. He can gaurd any one in 1A. The big can run the floor, which this whole team can. But tonight I think you'll have to see a defensive game and a more half court set game for Kirby to be in this game. 6A pine bluff will probably try to just out run them!

BannerChaser95

The Caddo hills move in, (I think #40) he can do anything too. 32 he can shoot and is a very good role player.

itsslim

Yea thanks man, pb going to run n gun, they wanna score 70+ points. Has to be a good team though to start 9-0. Has our respect for sure

BannerChaser95

November 17, 2016, 03:14:19 pm #13 Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 03:16:49 pm by BannerChaser95
Quote from: itsslim on November 17, 2016, 02:23:55 pm
Yea thanks man, pb going to run n gun, they wanna score 70+ points. Has to be a good team though to start 9-0. Has our respect for sure
them and Shirley in this thread will be a heck of a game. Not taking anything from them or pine bluff tho! Tonight's game will tell a lot. But the. Again may not be a game you look in to after being that it has no affect on Kirby season after tonight!!

HorseFeathers

I don't think tonight tells anything about Kirby....going up 5 classes isnt an easy task for anybody.   

BannerChaser95

November 17, 2016, 04:07:31 pm #15 Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 06:44:02 pm by BannerChaser95
Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 17, 2016, 03:25:53 pm
I don't think tonight tells anything about Kirby....going up 5 classes isnt an easy task for anybody.
you're absolutely correct.

HorseFeathers

Ballhearts

Shirley finally lost to Jacksonville lighthouse. First half Shirley got up by about 20 with number 10 doing whatever he wanted but 2nd half Shirley just fell apart and ended up throwing a 20 point lead away to a loss

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Ballhearts12 on November 18, 2016, 10:23:41 pm
Shirley finally lost to Jacksonville lighthouse. First half Shirley got up by about 20 with number 10 doing whatever he wanted but 2nd half Shirley just fell apart and ended up throwing a 20 point lead away to a loss
Bro we know you just posted it on 5 things

arstatechamp13

That's alright. Let the man speak. He probably didn't know where to post because of all the nonsense lol

HorseFeathers

Did we ever get an actual date for this game?

Warhawkpa80

What nonsense? All of these poser teams fans trying to talk them up? Fly high Warhawks!

BannerMountainMan

Huge news, rumor has it that Shirley could be heading to Kirby next Monday night.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 16, 2017, 01:02:40 pm
Huge news, rumor has it that Shirley could be heading to Kirby next Monday night.
both sr teams? You making the drive?

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on January 16, 2017, 01:49:17 pm
both sr teams? You making the drive?
probably just the boys just like against y'all. But yes I will most likely be there

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 16, 2017, 01:57:23 pm
probably just the boys just like against y'all. But yes I will most likely be there
good deal. I hope it goes through!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 16, 2017, 01:02:40 pm

Why Monday

BannerMountainMan

I just heard it from a few players, deal likely finalized, most likely no ballgames on Friday nights so everybody might as well come on out.

BannerMountainMan

Official date for the Shirley @Kirby game is on Feb. 2 at 6 o'clock

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 16, 2017, 04:13:48 pm
Official date for the Shirley @Kirby game is on Feb. 2 at 6 o'clock
still going to make it? How well does Shirley travel? I know with it being a week night if it was away I wouldn't been able to make it!

BannerMountainMan

I'll be there, Shirley doesn't travel the best but will have more than Bay had.

ballmember

Over 3 hours to Kirby on a Thursday nite.    Doubt if a lot of folks go.   I am sure Kirby will be well represented.   Hopefully will be a good game.   

BannerChaser95

Quote from: ballmember on January 16, 2017, 07:52:57 pm
Over 3 hours to Kirby on a Thursday nite.    Doubt if a lot of folks go.   I am sure Kirby will be well represented.   Hopefully will be a good game.
kirbys has never not traveled well tho, state we fill up a
Side. Home games are usually the same. However with it not being in the schedule we may be missing some.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on January 16, 2017, 08:14:59 pm
kirbys has never not traveled well tho, state we fill up a
Side. Home games are usually the same. However with it not being in the schedule we may be missing some.
shirley had the full house on a non scheduled bay game, get the word around, ain't very hard to do that at all

Oldref

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 16, 2017, 07:17:04 pm
I'll be there, Shirley doesn't travel the best but will have more than Bay had.
Shirley will probably have more fans for that long trip than Bay had. Most Bay people only found out about the game Thursday afternoon and couldn't get off work on that short notice to make such a long trip on Friday. Usually have more fans even for long trips than made it to Shirley last week. I think it was about as one sided a crowd as I ever remember going to with the whole place being for the home team like at a college game plus the place was really loud!

I bet those Shirley people are already making plans to go to Kirby and it should be a great game. The trip home from Shirley was tough had fog all the way to Batesville. Took me about 4 hours to get back to NEA.  Good luck and let us know how it goes!!!

ballmember

Oldref I appreciate your insight on this forum.   Certainly know who you are for but are willing to see what good the other teams might have.    Look forward to watching Bay play again.   Good luck. 

brotherdew

Caddo Hills is playing at Mount Ida that night which will probably keep a lot of locals from those schools from attending a game many would like to see. (including myself)

Blue devil fan

no mascot

Both are quality teams. Maybe the real winners are those that get to attend!

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Blue devil fan on January 17, 2017, 10:26:54 pm
Prediction on who wins?
Kirby by 10-15. Just because at home. Could go either way!

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Daddy eagle on January 18, 2017, 08:55:54 am
Kirby will win the ball game. Stand by coach    browns son and he cannot score. Be phisical with jedster and he's done. Now that boy jojo. You will have to beat him to a pulp to stop him. He reminds me alott of ws Carlton boy. Can get the job done. Interested in seeing the final in this one. Kirby by 21. Eagles! Eagles!
we know coach browns son can't score because they are like 4 and 9 years old

no mascot

Ridgerunner79

Shirley lost last night they are struggling better get it figured out or want makes it to state very good team got me SMH

SackAttack

For a senior team they sure are inconsistent it seems.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: SackAttack on January 18, 2017, 08:29:11 pm
lose a head scratcher win or atleast play close with a team they shouldn't. Just kinda sounds like preparation needs to be better focused for middle of the week games.

ZacAttack

Quote from: SackAttack on January 18, 2017, 08:29:11 pm
Sack, I think you have hit the nail on the head!  I know they have been fighting through some injuries as of late, but can it be more than that?  I saw their first game with Pangburn and it was much closer than the final score, so the win is not surprising, especially if Shirley didn't come out ready to play.

I saw them beat Valley Springs and Marshall teams in the Clinton tourney and recently take Bay to the wire.  And this upcoming Kirby game will be another tough test on the road.  I think if they can recapture whatever it was they had in that early season run, they are VERY capable to make a deep run in the state tournament (IF they can get out of the toughest 1A regional in the state).  I think most will agree that no one has yet stepped up as the favorite.  Should be exciting.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: ZacAttack on January 19, 2017, 11:26:19 am
Sack, I think you have hit the nail on the head!  I know they have been fighting through some injuries as of late, but can it be more than that?  I saw their first game with Pangburn and it was much closer than the final score, so the win is not surprising, especially if Shirley didn't come out ready to play.

I saw them beat Valley Springs and Marshall teams in the Clinton tourney and recently take Bay to the wire.  And this upcoming Kirby game will be another tough test on the road.  I think if they can recapture whatever it was they had in that early season run, they are VERY capable to make a deep run in the state tournament (IF they can get out of the toughest 1A regional in the state).  I think most will agree that no one has yet stepped up as the favorite.  Should be exciting.
I'm taking Kirby or bay. Kirbys destroying everyone they've played, bays getting good experience with bigger teams. I've said Kirby guy since the start. With out Ballard tho they aren't to hot. Either way Kirbys everyone's 1 or 2? Kinda sounds like a front runner to me!

Blue devil fan

Daddy eagle... Your eagles cannot beat Shirley on a bad night for Shirley.  We will see the final score tomorrow night... Bet Shirley wins by 20+

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Daddy eagle on January 19, 2017, 10:05:59 pm
us eagles hope them devils go down earrrrrrly. They ain't got that killer instink like my eagles do. We go get the job done when duty is called. We are tired of hearing about how good they are over here in west side. At least our gym is nice. Hehe banner boy hehehe
i know 9/10 people would rather play in our gym than yalls. Way better atmosphere.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Daddy eagle on January 20, 2017, 11:05:46 pm
Yes and I am sure 9 of those people would be from Shirley. The good thing about Shirley's gym is you can loose total hearing when the ball is simpley dribbled once because it's 100% wood. Hehe.
6-0 against y'all the last two years prolly more than that going back even farther, y'all tell me if so?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas