• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3-4A Week 4

Started by PokeyRedskinStudentScout, September 20, 2018, 02:56:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

The real season starts this week, and there do not appear to be any games affecting the whole outlook of the conference. The next 7 weeks are the key to a team's season, and I look forward to the competition amongst the teams.
Pocahontas @ Brookland- The Redskins have a 1-2 record, but the two losses are to great teams in Nettleton and Southside. Brookland comes in at 0-3, and at this point there may be no return, or in this case, advancing to the playoffs.
Redskins: 46 Bearcats: 19
Cave City @ Gosnell- Gosnell is being themselves, looking overrated, but they always turn it around come conference play. Cave City looks to end up winless again.
Pirates: 48 Cavemen: 9
Rivercrest @ Trumann- The Colts first 4A conference game shouldn't be extremely difficult. Trumann might sneak into the playoffs but as the lousy 5 seed.
Colts: 37 Wildcats: 20
Highland @ Westside- Highland's trek down begins at Westside, who is looking to get to the 3rd seed and host their second playoff game ever. This is usually a competitive game, and I think it could be this year as long as Highland tries to put their best team on the field. Even if they do that, I don't think they win.
Warriors: 28 Rebels: 13

Redskin2015

Redskins 40 bearcats 18
Pirates 46 cavemen 7
Colts 32 wildcats 18
Warriors 22 rebels 12

Ghs21

Pokie 48 Brookland 8
Pirates 44 cave city 0
Colts 35 wildcats 14
Warriors 27 rebels 25

Coltfan2005

Quote from: PokeyRedskinStudentScout on September 20, 2018, 02:56:36 pm
The real season starts this week, and there do not appear to be any games affecting the whole outlook of the conference. The next 7 weeks are the key to a team's season, and I look forward to the competition amongst the teams.
Pocahontas @ Brookland- The Redskins have a 1-2 record, but the two losses are to great teams in Nettleton and Southside. Brookland comes in at 0-3, and at this point there may be no return, or in this case, advancing to the playoffs.
Cave City @ Gosnell- Gosnell is being themselves, looking overrated, but they always turn it around come conference play. Cave City looks to end up winless again.
Rivercrest @ Trumann- The Colts first 4A conference game shouldn't be extremely difficult. Trumann might sneak into the playoffs but as the lousy 5 seed.
Highland @ Westside- Highland's trek down begins at Westside, who is looking to get to the 3rd seed and host their second playoff game ever. This is usually a competitive game, and I think it could be this year as long as Highland tries to put their best team on the field. Even if they do that, I don't think they win.

Nettleton...great team
SS...not so much, but a good one
lousy 5 seed...bad choice of adjective

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 20, 2018, 06:23:29 pm
Nettleton...great team
SS...not so much, but a good one
lousy 5 seed...bad choice of adjective
What I mean by that is there should be no 5 seed to begin with. I think only top 4 from each conference at the most. Nothing against the team, just the participation award called the #5 seed

Coltfan2005

Quote from: PokeyRedskinStudentScout on September 20, 2018, 08:46:27 pm
What I mean by that is there should be no 5 seed to begin with. I think only top 4 from each conference at the most. Nothing against the team, just the participation award called the #5 seed

I will nod my head to the idea that 5 is too many, but I think 4 is too many.

bigchief72455

But guys. AAA really needs the money.

hsindian

I'd like to see it go to the top two teams in conference advancing. Change basketball up as well. Keep 4 from each conference going to regionals but only the top two from regionals advance to state.

bigchief72455

Game Day. Let the excitement commence.

basketballguy28

Quote from: hsindian on September 21, 2018, 12:38:30 am
I'd like to see it go to the top two teams in conference advancing. Change basketball up as well. Keep 4 from each conference going to regionals but only the top two from regionals advance to state.
Last year in the East Regional we saw the third seed make it to the state finals in basketball, so I don't think taking the top two would be a good idea.

basketballguy28

Quote from: PokeyRedskinStudentScout on September 20, 2018, 02:56:36 pm
How is Gosnell overrated when they've played some pretty good teams as well, but Pokey isn't overrated. Both teams played Nettleton, so if that's the case than Pokey is overrated also. You can't say your team lost to two great teams when Gosnell lost to one of those same great teams by only a touchdown, whereas Pokey got shutout 31-0. Then call Gosnell overrated. That's a bit biased.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: basketballguy28 on September 21, 2018, 09:25:03 am
How is Gosnell overrated when they've played some pretty good teams as well, but Pokey isn't overrated. Both teams played Nettleton, so if that's the case than Pokey is overrated also. You can't say your team lost to two great teams when Gosnell lost to one of those same great teams by only a touchdown, whereas Pokey got shutout 31-0. Then call Gosnell overrated. That's a bit biased.
Every year, Gosnell comes in being expected to go 10-0 and ranked high in polls, but usually finish below .500 in non-conference. Then they go undefeated in conference and make the quarterfinals. They always seem to trick us about how good they actually are

BIGRED15

someones offended

bigchief72455

It wasn't a knock on Gosnell. He simply said they have often come into conference season with a losing record and then either go undefeated or only lose once during conference season. Basically stated sometimes their non conference record is deceptive to actually how good they are. He was actually praising them.

SuperFan08

Let's not forget about the highly underrated Brookland and the highly overrated Pocahontas. Brookland wins 28-21.

Redskin2015

Quote from: SuperFan08 on September 21, 2018, 10:59:50 am
Let's not forget about the highly underrated Brookland and the highly overrated Pocahontas. Brookland wins 28-21.
0-3 is not underrated

bigchief72455

Quote from: Redskin2015 on September 21, 2018, 11:04:42 am
0-3 is not underrated
Especially when you look at the schedule.

Redskin2015

Quote from: bigchief72455 on September 21, 2018, 11:11:05 am
Especially when you look at the schedule.
3A Piggott
4A Riverview
5A green county tech

Maybe they should drop down to 2a

bigchief72455

Quote from: Redskin2015 on September 21, 2018, 11:16:31 am

Hooten's rankings                                  Outcome
3A Piggott    #25 of 47                            L 44-14
4A Riverview   #38 of 48                        L 20-14
5A green county tech   #25 f 32              L  47-43

You are not underrated.

basketballguy28

Brookland is clearly just not very good, Piggott did whatever they wanted. Superfan could you make it more obvious your son is the Brookland QB.

ShowerBuddy69

I'm expecting pocahontas to do great tonight, against Brookland. I'm expecting the score to be Atleast Pocahontas-48 Brookland-8. It won't even be a competition the way they've been playing this season. I wouldn't be surprised if they put in some of the 2nd or 3rd string players just to make it somewhat of a fair game. Probably be the only time some of them water boys get to set foot on the field. Heck we could play Corning and have more of a challenge, and Corning is the worst excuse of a football team I've seen in years!

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: ShowerBuddy69 on September 21, 2018, 01:07:40 pm
I'm expecting pocahontas to do great tonight, against Brookland. I'm expecting the score to be Atleast Pocahontas-48 Brookland-8. It won't even be a competition the way they've been playing this season. I wouldn't be surprised if they put in some of the 2nd or 3rd string players just to make it somewhat of a fair game. Probably be the only time some of them water boys get to set foot on the field. Heck we could play Corning and have more of a challenge, and Corning is the worst excuse of a football team I've seen in years!
Remember though, the streak is supposed to end every week

hsindian

Quote from: basketballguy28 on September 21, 2018, 09:22:13 am
Last year in the East Regional we saw the third seed make it to the state finals in basketball, so I don't think taking the top two would be a good idea.
For years the top 2 teams from the district tournament went to regional. Conference winner would get a bye to district semis and had to win a game to go to regionals. It made it a true win or go home. I just think it made for a more exciting tournament. Every year there were teams who people thought had a chance to win state not make it out of district. Today's are very watered down.

SuperFan08

Quote from: basketballguy28 on September 21, 2018, 01:02:05 pm
Brookland is clearly just not very good, Piggott did whatever they wanted. Superfan could you make it more obvious your son is the Brookland QB.
Actually he is my younger cousin...get it right. We will see tonight how underrated Brookland is.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: PokeyRedskinStudentScout on September 21, 2018, 01:12:12 pm
Remember though, the streak is supposed to end every week

The Corning team this year is much better than last years.

bigchief72455

I will agree that they are and that is the last I will say on that. Good luck tonight guys. Hope everybody can stay dry and injury free. Go Skins

Ghs21

Gosnell Resting a few starters tonight should still win big

Coltfan2005

bigchief72455

Pocahontas scores on second play.

Ghs21

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 21, 2018, 07:02:52 pm
of course they are
😂😂😂I'm not going just listening that's what they said

Ghs21

Gosnell scores on there first play

Coltfan2005

fire rivercrest special teams coach

Ghs21

Pirates score on  second play this time . Two 80 yard touchdown runs

Ghs21

Breaking news gosnell just completed a touchdown pass

Coltfan2005

#1 for Rivercrest 182 yards rushing in first half...so far

bigchief72455

Pocahontas lb pick 6 for 100yd return
Pocahontas 30
Brookland 7
Halftime

Coltfan2005

when your lb can outrun the other teams offense for 100 yards...you are playing a team with 0 speed. Go Pokey!

Ghs21

#24 for gosnell has 150 rushing yards on 3 carries

Ghs21

Quote from: Ghs21 on September 21, 2018, 08:14:02 pm
#24 for gosnell has 150 rushing yards on 3 carries. #44 has 108
[/quote

bigchief72455

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 21, 2018, 08:11:29 pm
when your lb can outrun the other teams offense for 100 yards...you are playing a team with 0 speed. Go Pokey!
It looked like it took the wind out of Brookland's sails. Yes. There is no speed on Brookland's team.

Coltfan2005

3rd qtr seems the colt offense played that series "playing not to lose"

bigchief72455

Is anybody as tickled as I am after seeing the PG and Green Forest score.

Coltfan2005

early 4th
#1 Colts 259 yards rushing

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Where's thatoneguy (literally) when you need him?

Coltfan2005

subs have been in for the colts

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 21, 2018, 09:10:41 pm
subs have been in for the colts
Do you have the yardage total for #1?

Coltfan2005

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Not bad at all especially when you don't play the whole game

Coltfan2005

colt subs drive the field and score ::)

Coltfan2005