• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coming Back

Started by Brian G, April 22, 2014, 08:20:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

After a few years without, this will return by this summer to your local store.

Why?  Customers have grown increasingly frustrated with trying to find help on the floor and they can't identify who works at the store.  Years ago, some stores had people on skates that roamed around trying to help.  Lately, the frustration level for shoppers that want help but can only find a vendor or broker on the floor.

For me, it's huge.  For those that don't know, I'm a in store vendor.

Color me personal

Breitontime

Good. It is a PITA to find someone that works there these days. They dress in normal attire.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Breitontime on April 22, 2014, 09:26:06 pm
Good. It is a PIT.A to find someone that works there these days. They dress in normal attire.

Odd...I never have trouble finding anybody in the wal mart in russellville. Now them knowing where to find the stuff I'm asking about, that's a totally different story...

ricepig

Quote from: HF on April 22, 2014, 10:17:57 pm
Quote from: Breitontime on April 22, 2014, 09:26:06 pm
Good. It is a PIT.A to find someone that works there these days. They dress in normal attire.

Odd...I never have trouble finding anybody in the wal mart in russellville. Now them knowing where to find the stuff I'm asking about, that's a totally different story...

They all will have khakis on and navy blue shirts, and are stocking, it's easy to find someone. The 10 different managers will be better dressed with an ear piece on, I've never had a problem finding someone for help.

scrapdawgof06

I have worked for Wal-Mart for a little over 7 years, I came in with the vests, they got rid of them, they brought in the khaki and blue shirt dress code, we rode that bus for a little over 6 years, and now we're going back... my point is that during these last 7 years I had more people asking me "Do you work here?" when I was wearing the vest, box knife and badge than the latter dress code.

As for the folks saying they never can find someone, look for that badge, those khaki's and blue shirts or as earlier stated look for a manager in a dress shirt and slacks with a radio... it's not rocket science.

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: scrapdawgof06 on April 24, 2014, 10:45:45 am
I have worked for Wal-Mart for a little over 7 years, I came in with the vests, they got rid of them, they brought in the khaki and blue shirt dress code, we rode that bus for a little over 6 years, and now we're going back... my point is that during these last 7 years I had more people asking me "Do you work here?" when I was wearing the vest, box knife and badge than the latter dress code.

As for the folks saying they never can find someone, look for that badge, those khaki's and blue shirts or as earlier stated look for a manager in a dress shirt and slacks with a radio... it's not rocket science.

you've seen people of walmart, right?  that is a high expectation.

Brian G

There is no doubt that there are less store employees on the floor at WMT than in past years.  They trim their labor down to bare bones.  I deal with it in multiple stores almost every day.

ricepig

Quote from: B.G. on April 24, 2014, 05:42:22 pm
There is no doubt that there are less store employees on the floor at WMT than in past years.  They trim their labor down to bare bones.  I deal with it in multiple stores almost every day.
Now, there may be less employees checking out, but, either I show up at re-stock time, or they haven't cut at my two stores. They are usually in the way with their pallets.

Brian G

I speak as to the floor help.

Up here, you can't have a pallet on the floor after 8:00 a.m.  Exceptions are prebuilt in the back and rolled out to swap.

ricepig

Quote from: B.G. on April 24, 2014, 06:36:13 pm
I speak as to the floor help.

Up here, you can't have a pallet on the floor after 8:00 a.m.  Exceptions are prebuilt in the back and rolled out to swap.

They have them out all day long here, they are always stocking some department.

Brian G

I'm not saying it's a desert.  But the quantity is diminished.

ricepig

Quote from: B.G. on April 24, 2014, 07:06:21 pm

Hmm, as a shareholder, I was thinking they needed to cut costs........

Brian G

You're good there.  It's just reached a point of maximum return.

Rulesman

Quote from: ricepig on April 24, 2014, 07:13:19 pm
Quote from: B.G. on April 24, 2014, 07:06:21 pm

Hmm, as a shareholder, I was thinking they needed to cut costs........
If they want to increase shareholder value what they really need to figure out is how to keep the thieves from stealing them blind. My local PD has a reserved parking spot at the front door. They spend so much time investigating they should just go on and open a precinct.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Rulesman on April 25, 2014, 07:53:53 am
If they want to increase shareholder value what they really need to figure out is how to keep the thieves from stealing them blind.

Stop hiring so many of them.

Rulesman

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on April 25, 2014, 11:34:53 am
Quote from: Rulesman on April 25, 2014, 07:53:53 am
If they want to increase shareholder value what they really need to figure out is how to keep the thieves from stealing them blind.
Stop hiring so many of them.
Good point...

Texarkana_Piggie

both of our walmarts and the ashdown one had bomb threats last week.  in fact, the texas one had 2 threats.  they arrested some ash down guy for the ash down one and they think he was also involved in the others.

Lions84

April 30, 2014, 09:43:44 am #17 Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 09:45:28 am by Lions84
Quote from: B.G. on April 22, 2014, 08:20:43 pm

After a few years without, this will return by this summer to your local store.

Why?  Customers have grown increasingly frustrated with trying to find help on the floor and they can't identify who works at the store.  Years ago, some stores had people on skates that roamed around trying to help.  Lately, the frustration level for shoppers that want help but can only find a vendor or broker on the floor.

For me, it's huge.  For those that don't know, I'm a in store vendor.

Color me personal

Somewhere in Heaven Mr. Sam Smiles.

Customer Service has improved at my Wal-Mart after the Manager got promoted to Area.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas