• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Talk to the Elders while you can!

Started by Valleysports, February 16, 2014, 09:23:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

True Believer

Uncle Ivan

ELEMENT: Woman.
SYMBOL: Wo.
DISCOVERER: Adam.
ATOMIC MASS: Accepted at 53.6kg, but known to vary from 40-200kg.
OCCURRENCES: Copious quantities in all urban areas

PHYSICAL PROPERTIES:

1. Surface usually covered in painted film.
2. Boils at nothing; freezes without known reason.
3. Melts if given special treatment.
4. Bitter if incorrectly used.
5. Found in various states from virgin metal to common ore.
6. Yields if pressure applied in correct places.

CHEMICAL PROPERTIES:

1. Has great affinity for gold, silver, and a range of precious stones.
2. Absorbs great quantities of expensive substances.
3. May explode spontaneously without prior warning and for no known reason.
4. Insoluble in liquids, but activity increases greatly by saturation in alcohol.
5. Most powerful money reducing agent known to man.

COMMON USES:

1. Highly ornamental, especially in sports cars.
2. Can be a great aid to relaxation.
3. Very effective cleaning agent.

TESTS:

1. Pure specimen turns rosy pink when discovered in the natural state.
2. Turns green when placed beside a better specimen.

HAZARDS:

1. Highly dangerous except in experienced hands.
2. Illegal to possess more than one, although several can be maintained at different locations as long as specimens do not come into direct contact with each other.

DogsWin7

Man.
Highly Entertaining, trains well, and is essential for laughter and maintaining proper balance to a woman's world.  Most will provide money for things that are needed or not needed.  Loves Praise, and will be a protector and defender to the end if he is a real man or is intoxicated.   :)

DogsWin7

Reserved for more as I think of things......  :)

True Believer

Quote from: Lions84 on March 03, 2014, 11:00:32 am
My favorite is one of my Great Grandfathers on my moms side was a tee totaler yet he ran a still and sold shine during the depression.

Smart business man.  I believe the Kennedy's did the same thing?   

True Believer

Quote from: Breitontime on February 26, 2014, 10:32:43 am
We just put my great grandmother in hospice. Used to love hearing stories of life during the depression, WWII, etc. She got in a solid 93 years.

I'm sorry about your GGM.  Prayers for her.  Good that you got to know her and love her for so long. 

Breitontime

Thanks, TB.

She's still kicking for now. They told us a week max then, it's been a few.

Lions84

Prayers for your grandmother and my GGrandfather bought and paid for 2 farms on his road during the depression with his shine money.

Texarkana_Piggie

After the spring break week I just had let me say this thread title is truer than ever. Lost a very very dear friend who was like a second mother to me.  We had a wonderful almost 14 yrs building our friendship and relationship and now she's gone.  She went in in march 11 for cardiac ablation to get her heart out of afib.  They hit the nerve that controls the diaphragm and paralyzed it.  Not fixable.  She struggled for 3 weeks until someone finally figured out what happened. She passed away Saturday night. We shared a lot of stories and conversations over the years but it wasn't nearly enough.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on March 31, 2014, 09:55:59 pm
They hit the nerve that controls the diaphragm and paralyzed it.  Not fixable.  She struggled for 3 weeks until someone finally figured out what happened. She passed away Saturday night.

Sue.

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on April 01, 2014, 10:51:47 pm
Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on March 31, 2014, 09:55:59 pm
They hit the nerve that controls the diaphragm and paralyzed it.  Not fixable.  She struggled for 3 weeks until someone finally figured out what happened. She passed away Saturday night.

Sue.

it's not my decision, but i do hope the family does.

Kazimierz

Here is the "Idiots' guide to malpractice"...

What is the Accepted Standard of Care for Medical Malpractice?

In general, the standard of care for determining medical malpractice is based on how a similarly qualified practitioner would have performed under the same or similar circumstances.   
How is the Standard of Care Determined?

The requisite standard of care is usually determined by evaluating the performance and abilities of doctor's practicing near the doctor accused of malpractice.  Exactly how near can be different in each state.  For example, a rural doctor's resources will often be less extensive than those of a metropolitan hospital, and this may be taken into account when determining the appropriate standard.  Examples of common standards include:

The National Standard of Care: requires a doctor to use the degree of skill and care of a reasonably competent practitioner in his field under same or similar circumstances
    The Locality Rule: requires a doctor to have the reasonable caliber of skill and knowledge that is generally possessed by surgeons and physicians in the locality where he or she practices
    The Respectable Minority Rule: where the doctor did not follow the same course of therapy that other doctors would have followed, he can show that his course is accepted by a respectable minority of practitioners

How is the Standard of Care Proved?

Usually expert witness testimony is necessary in cases of medical malpractice to demonstrate the standard of care.
What if I Cannot Prove Negligence?

In the event that actual negligence can't be proved, even though it is clear that it existed, an injured patient may still be able to prevail on his or her claim.  For example, a patient may not be able to directly prove negligence because he was unconscious during a surgery.  In such cases, the patient must prove:

That he or she suffered an injury that is not an expected complication of medical care
    That the injury does not normally occur unless someone has been negligent
    That the doctor was responsible for the patient's well-being at the time of the injury

Texarkana_Piggie

This was so rare he had never had it happen before. The charge nurse in ccu had never dealt with this. The only place in the country who MAY have been able to do anything about it was in New Jersey and she would have never survived the trip. The five floor trip from Ccu to hospice almost took her.

Valleysports

My dad had Gall Bladder Surgery a few years ago.  They sewed him up and everyone was happy.  We were celebrating, in his room, when he suddenly said something's wrong.  They'd left something leaking and he bled to death internally before they could get him back down to surgery and stop it.  Sucks! 

Lions84

Back in 2005 my In-laws were in great health and I expected them to be here when my daughter got our of HS. Yet by Oct 2007 I had buried both of them.

My sympathies to you Valley I had my Gall Bladder taken out a year ago Nov.

Valleysports

Yeah it's life - but his first great grandchild was born 4 months later - now the 2nd, he was looking forward to it.  Thanks!

Lions84

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas