• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

West Memphis makes news again

Started by fastdrop, December 01, 2013, 01:51:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fastdrop

True Believer

I remember one year someone shot a gun in the parking lot.  Always fun in West Memphis. 

fastdrop

Why fight over the towels when a ton of them just get walked out of the store for free?

Ridge Rat

That's what they were fighting over a coupla years ago. Special towels over there I guess.

fastdrop

Well to be fair there were only a few red ones left and a ton of blue ones.

Uncle Ivan

Same Wal Mart that had that shoutout a few years ago.

Breitontime

Breitontime

Lol, they are talking about it on the radio in Tampa this a.m.

fastdrop

The towels everyday are about $2.50 they had them on sale for around $1.70.

Lions84

Uncle Ivan

Found out today that the towel riot broke out in the Wynne WM Friday as well, but not on the scale as it was in West Memphis.

Make a fool out of yourself over cheap-made China crap.  I'm so proud of my hometown.

True Believer

fastdrop

easy peasy

dropped a dollar on the floor

ricepig

She's got the dunlap, happens to the best of us.

Uncle Ivan

That creature on the left is clearly a woman (one would hope) but red shirt on the right?  Male or female?

Brian G

Hey, that's a Nabisco display in the background.

True Believer

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 03, 2013, 06:59:36 pm
That creature on the left is clearly a woman (one would hope) but red shirt on the right?  Male or female?

I think it's  male.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: True Believer on December 03, 2013, 07:55:22 pm
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 03, 2013, 06:59:36 pm

I think it's  male.

There needs to be video of this.

I want to see if the towel ripped in half, with both of them falling to the ground.  Thing on the left likely went Ker-Splat.

Jacketman65

Sad thing is that WE were probably going to buy it for them.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Jacketman65 on December 04, 2013, 12:00:17 am
Sad thing is that WE were probably going to buy it for them.

Possibly.

I've got a rant brewing about different types of food bought.  I'd lay cash that they don't buy much in the vegetables and fruits sections, but load up in the frozen food aisles.

Brian G

cuckoobird

fastdrop

don't leave off beer.... I have seen it with my own two eyes. Lady gets told she can't buy it with her EBT card. She gets furious and finally the cashier has to get the manager. The manager says it is ok. I don't know if the store ate it or they ran it on her EBT card but off she went with her 6 pack.

Breitontime

I've never seen that happen, but have seen someone told no on cigarettes, and then they pull out a rubber band bank of $100 bills to buy them.

Uncle Ivan

Dunno if they still do it, but cashiers had to turn taxes off when ringing them up.   Then there was all the meat.  I had that one explained to me once.

Looking at an ad for Bill's here in Jonesboro.  20 lb bag of russets for less than five bucks.  Good deal, goes a lot farther than unhealthy frozen dinners.

Jacketman65

If the tax payer is going to foot the bill for these people, then there should only be certain items that they should be allowed to purchase. Such as potatoes, sugar, flour and other staples.  Not the prime rib, chips and beer.  By all means no prepaired foods,  these folks should learn to cook and make due.

Breitontime

It's baffling to me that they can use ebt cards at restaurants now. I see signs in windows of restaurants all the time "ebt accepted."

cuckoobird

redwolf143

Not denying things happened here, they did.  However, the picture being posted here is not of the Walmart in West Memphis.  There is no gated area cornered at either entrance and the produce section is on the wrong side of the store.

True Believer

RW.  I'm not even going to say it. 

Brian G

Often the gates are only down at night.  It's common at all WMT's for the stores up front to "close" in such a way.

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 03, 2013, 12:25:20 am
Found out today that the towel riot broke out in the Wynne WM Friday as well, but not on the scale as it was in West Memphis.

Make a fool out of yourself over cheap-made China crap.  I'm so proud of my hometown.

Typical of Wynne...LOL !

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hoghead on December 05, 2013, 11:55:05 pm

Typical of Wynne...LOL !

Wasn't that craziness with the EBT cards in Wal Marts close to your neck of the woods.

bdubyab60

Quote from: redwolf143 on December 05, 2013, 09:41:58 am
Not denying things happened here, they did.  However, the picture being posted here is not of the Walmart in West Memphis.  There is no gated area cornered at either entrance and the produce section is on the wrong side of the store.
You are correct this is not the West Memphis WalMart in this picture. Though it is a funny picture I would like ot see actual pictures of the incident.

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 06, 2013, 01:02:45 am

Typical of Wynne...LOL !

Wasn't that craziness with the EBT cards in Wal Marts close to your neck of the woods.
Springhill, La.  Another caboose town like Wynne. 

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hoghead on December 06, 2013, 09:11:11 am
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 06, 2013, 01:02:45 am

Typical of Wynne...LOL !

Springhill, La.  Another caboose town like Wynne. 

There's a lot of old train towns in this state.

True Believer

Quote from: bdubyab60 on December 06, 2013, 09:06:29 am
Quote from: redwolf143 on December 05, 2013, 09:41:58 am
You are correct this is not the West Memphis WalMart in this picture. Though it is a funny picture I would like ot see actual pictures of the incident.

Ok.  Now I'm going to say it.  Dear Lord people It's a joke!!  Get a sense of humor already.

fastdrop

I was not going to bring this up but I will.

I think this Wal-mart is in Destin and Hoghead had sent his girlfriend in to get some grub for the grill and well things went down hill from there.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas