• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Let's go Huntin!

Started by Valleysports, October 12, 2013, 06:55:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Valleysports

Quote from: Breitontime on November 25, 2013, 11:13:12 pm
True that.

I'd just assume shoot a couple small doe. Meat is better, and I have no intentions of hanging anything on my wall.

I've been hunting Doe's this year (managing a deer population - growing B&C Bucks).  Anyhow, I have had a 1/2 dozen nice bucks nearly run me over.  LOL  Two came tromping through ice, last week, so I knelt down and they jumped a fence 20 yds in front of me. Never knew I was there.  I have harvested a few does though.  Will take a couple in Jan - ducks priority now.

Duck Hunting has been pretty dang good! 

Jacketman65

Valleysports

I mean it's not like we aren't harvesting ducks!  ;)

Valleysports

Came home to some of the best grilled Deer Burgers ever.  Son grilled them, they had charcoal taste in them, sliced up tators lightly seasoned and butter, sweeeet tea, just awesome.  Wife told me I'd better get a couple of more Doe's put up. 

Gonna be harvesting the ducks AM first.......... 

Valleysports

Kazimierz

Quote from: Valleysports on December 30, 2013, 06:11:17 pm

You shoot Spoonies? Man, do y'all actually eat those things. I've heard folks will put 'em in gumbo.  But I decided a while back that if I wasn't going to eat 'em I wouldn't shoot 'em. 

Seems like they know the rules now. We always have a few suicidal Shoverlers that buzz the tower.

All kidding aside, looks like a few good hunts there. 

cuckoobird

Quote from: Kazimierz on March 21, 2014, 11:08:33 am
Quote from: Valleysports on December 30, 2013, 06:11:17 pm

You shoot Spoonies? Man, do y'all actually eat those things. I've heard folks will put 'em in gumbo.  But I decided a while back that if I wasn't going to eat 'em I wouldn't shoot 'em. 

Seems like they know the rules now. We always have a few suicidal Shoverlers that buzz the tower.

All kidding aside, looks like a few good hunts there.
I won't even eat a mallard but I try to kill every one that comes close enough. Well, if I was starving and couldn't eat anything else, I would eat duck..

Breitontime

I've been on the hunt for crappie this week.

I have enough to feed the 15-20 people coming over for a fish fry Sunday five times over. Going to go catch another slew of them today.

Valleysports

I don't know why those Spoonies slipped into my swamp - all three came hauling straight at me a different times.  No time to see what they were, we thought they were Mallard Hens when they fell.  Sure are a lot of ducks out there now...  I give, what we consider trash ducks (Shovelers) and fish (Buffalo/Carp), to a local Negro Family. 

Valleysports

Quote from: Breitontime on March 21, 2014, 12:29:51 pm

I have enough to feed the 15-20 people coming over for a fish fry Sunday five times over. Going to go catch another slew of them today.

Where they at?

Valleysports

Where they biting - strip pits?

Breitontime

Have a couple private spots I go to.

Thinking of trying out Chamberlyne today, got permission to fish out there as well.

Valleysports

Well you can PM then.  ha ha   

cuckoobird

I went to my honey hole yesterday but the water was too muddy. You can take me BRE!

Breitontime

If you're coming in for a landing westbound at the airport, there is a 3.5 acre pond to your left, we clean up pretty well there.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas