• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

To all the Whatta-Burger detractors

Started by phdefense, July 05, 2013, 04:35:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on July 31, 2013, 06:31:40 am
This thread is about the 33 best burgers in the United States of America.   ::)

Looks like they missed some places??

Valleysports

Three in some backward Hick Arkansas Town?  C'mon

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on July 31, 2013, 08:16:38 pm
Three in some backward Hick Arkansas Town?  C'mon

Like the 3 in Russellville? I wouldn't put them as world class, Presley's is just a simple drive inn type burger, nothing special, about like the one I've had at CJ's.

Valleysports

Hey we didn't make this ranking up, the professional Hamburger people did.

True Believer

Quote from: ricepig on July 30, 2013, 10:44:36 pm
Quote from: True Believer on July 30, 2013, 08:10:28 pm
I like Presley's Drive Inn, Gina's and Fat City burgers in Jonesboro.

Presley's was better before they sold, where's Gina's?

Never mind, that was Ann's forever. I think Gina was her daughter??

I like that old greasy drive in burger.  It's like what I grew up on.  Today's burgers have all that fancy stuff on them and there is nothing better to me than a good old burger.  I like the Daisy Queen in Sheridan.  Now known as the Yellow Jacket Drive Inn.  Gina is her daughter. 

ricepig

Quote from: True Believer on August 01, 2013, 08:34:40 pm
Quote from: ricepig on July 30, 2013, 10:44:36 pm
Quote from: True Believer on July 30, 2013, 08:10:28 pm
I like Presley's Drive Inn, Gina's and Fat City burgers in Jonesboro.

Presley's was better before they sold, where's Gina's?

Never mind, that was Ann's forever. I think Gina was her daughter??

I like that old greasy drive in burger.  It's like what I grew up on.  Today's burgers have all that fancy stuff on them and there is nothing better to me than a good old burger.  I like the Daisy Queen in Sheridan.  Now known as the Yellow Jacket Drive Inn.  Gina is her daughter.

Just don't ever think of eating there since they closed off the old Malco parking lot, but there plate lunches were the best.

True Believer

They are still very good!  We go there at lunch every now and then.  Just not good for the diet.

DogsWin7

I had never heard of the burger places you mentioned.   I'll have to try them out. :)

I have to admit I am more a Steak and Potato girl though.:)

sevenof400

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on August 03, 2013, 11:52:08 am
...I have to admit I am more a Steak and Potato girl though.:)

No wonder Backboard Shattered isn't connecting with you!!   ;D ;D ;D

DogsWin7

Quote from: sevenof400 on August 03, 2013, 11:56:26 am
...I have to admit I am more a Steak and Potato girl though.:)

No wonder Backboard Shattered isn't connecting with you!!   ;D ;D ;D

+1!

True Believer

They are just local places here in Jonesboro DH.  Mom and pop type places.  If you come over here you better let me know! 

HorseFeathers

guess a better thread would be best local burger places....

ricepig

Quote from: HF on August 03, 2013, 01:47:55 pm
guess a better thread would be best local burger places....

Nah, this one works fine..........

DogsWin7

Quote from: True Believer on August 03, 2013, 12:46:41 pm
They are just local places here in Jonesboro DH.  Mom and pop type places.  If you come over here you better let me know!

I will, most definitely!   :)   Moms and Pops places are some of the best.

I'm glad we have this thread.  Not being from a certain area, traveling to ballgames, it makes it easier to know of a good place to eat.   

fastdrop

Quote from: ricepig on July 31, 2013, 08:12:10 am
Quote from: Valleysports on July 31, 2013, 06:31:40 am
This thread is about the 33 best burgers in the United States of America.   ::)

Looks like they missed some places??
lol...yea. WM has at least 5 places that you can go get greasy all meat hamburgers with fresh cut fries.

I have eaten both places around russelville. A hamburger is a hamburger most places know how to make it.

fastdrop

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on August 03, 2013, 08:35:29 pm

I'm glad we have this thread.  Not being from a certain area, traveling to ballgames, it makes it easier to know of a good place to eat.   

not fancy just famous....

True Believer

The best burger in West Memphis is the Sonic.

fastdrop

You have been gone way too long. Sonic.... ewwww.

DogsWin7

Quote from: fastdrop on August 04, 2013, 04:37:39 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on August 03, 2013, 08:35:29 pm

not fancy just famous....
Honestly, that's fine too.  I am not really a fancy person believe it or not.  Sure, I was raised to appreciate a good Steak....(that comes from my father) but I can eat fried bologna just the same as long as I have a friend to share it with.   It really doesn't matter....Having a conversation and catching up on how someones day went is far more important to me anyway.  I was raised you eat what's provided and be thankful.  :)

True Believer

Just had a fried bologna samich.  On vacation.  Going to eat badly.  Raining and waiting for it to stop so I can cast a line in the Little Red.

I am in heaven.

phdefense

I had never heard of the burger places you mentioned.   I'll have to try them out. :)

I have to admit I am more a Steak and Potato girl though.:)
Gotta keep that junk in the truck

sevenof400

Quote from: fastdrop on August 04, 2013, 10:55:49 pm

Urgent note to DiehardFBfan:

Notice any resemblance in Fastdrop's post with anyone else we know?  ;D

DogsWin7

Quote from: sevenof400 on August 05, 2013, 08:34:06 pm
Quote from: fastdrop on August 04, 2013, 10:55:49 pm

Urgent note to DiehardFBfan:

Notice any resemblance in Fastdrop's post with anyone else we know?  ;D
Thanks for pointing that out! Lol!!     Yes.... I notice that now.   

Seven....I am going to ask you if you know who or what's going on?   

I'd like to know please if you do. :)

sevenof400

I can't explain it - I'm not sure anyone can - but I believe it was Paw-Paw who said it best.....

click here and here.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: sevenof400 on August 06, 2013, 05:36:45 pm
I can't explain it - I'm not sure anyone can - but I believe it was Paw-Paw who said it best.....

click here and here.

Sometimes, I just shake my head at this guy, and hope and pray that this is just a put on for the message boards. But I'm starting to think this guy is actually this way...

Lions84

Quote from: phdefense on July 05, 2013, 04:35:37 pm
Take THIS!!!!!!

These are the 33 best burgers in the entire country.
http://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/these-are-the-33-best-burgers-in-the-entire-country

Feltner's Whatta-Burger, Russellville, AR
What you're getting: "Double Whatta-Burger w/ cheese"
QuoteIgnore the fact that if you get a full order of fries you can pretty much stand in the bag. Or that their jumbo-sized Coke with shaved ice could fill an above-ground swimming pool. Or that their name sounds very much like a Texas chain of burger spots I used to eat at in elementary school after baseball practice. But don't ignore the double Whatta and its unique structure, which includes putting the cheese on the bottom of the burger and using Miracle Whip in lieu of mayo. Oh, and also, they've got fried peach pies. Get one, if you're not drowning in soda and fries.

Sorry all you misguided people. No mention of CJ's

It is one of my favorite spots to eat in Arkansas .

Valleysports

QuoteIt is one of my favorite spots to eat in Arkansas .

And why is that?

True Believer

Derailing this into bar b que now.   Went to Cate's BBQ in Jonesboro.  Made me want to shout and slap my pappy!   Demo's beans are still better but the ribs I had and the bbq nachos were the sweetest tenderness pork I have had in many many a moon! 

On another note.  Do not eat the BBQ in Heber Springs at a place called The Smokehouse.  Dear Mercy, that was the worst bbq in the world. 

True Believer

And then I went by Andy's for a malted shake.  Must take nap now.

ricepig

Quote from: True Believer on August 09, 2013, 04:38:36 pm
Derailing this into bar b que now.   Went to Cate's BBQ in Jonesboro.  Made me want to shout and slap my pappy!   Demo's beans are still better but the ribs I had and the bbq nachos were the sweetest tenderness pork I have had in many many a moon! 

On another note.  Do not eat the BBQ in Heber Springs at a place called The Smokehouse.  Dear Mercy, that was the worst bbq in the world.

Cate's is good, but I hope they overcome the location.

True Believer

I thought the same thing.    Need to move out of that area.  But dang I will be back.  Not too far from work. 

Valleysports

Quote from: True Believer on August 09, 2013, 04:38:36 pm
Derailing this into bar b que now.   

You'd already ruined it anyway, throwing every burger shop in Jonesboro, including Sonic, in the mix....  Are these barbeque joints held to the same high standards?  ::) 

True Believer

August 09, 2013, 11:06:29 pm #82 Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 11:08:47 pm by True Believer
I think I will go back to Andy's tomorrow for the peach concrete.

justthrowtheball

Daves Hamburgers in Conway is the best. All Whataburgers are great. Sonic is good. The Hardees chain is also good.

cuckoobird

Daves is awful. Good atmosphere but bland burgers

ricepig

Quote from: True Believer on August 09, 2013, 11:06:29 pm

My daughter has to have the thin mint when girl scout cookie season is in. I got some peaches in Leachville yesterday, they said the rain had them delayed 3 weeks.

justthrowtheball

Dave's Burgers need the works because they have so much meat. Also their Fries are All you can eat! Fudruckers is my favorite but I love Red Robin too.

Valleysports

Quote from: justthrowtheball on August 10, 2013, 11:03:52 am
Dave's Burgers need the works because they have so much meat. Also their Fries are All you can eat! Fudruckers is my favorite but I love Red Robin too.

So too you, Quality is defined by Volume?

True Believer

Quote from: ricepig on August 10, 2013, 10:08:04 am

My daughter has to have the thin mint when girl scout cookie season is in. I got some peaches in Leachville yesterday, they said the rain had them delayed 3 weeks.

I have seen a few peaches at the Farmer's Market.  Okra is late too.

ricepig

Quote from: True Believer on August 10, 2013, 11:27:46 am
Quote from: ricepig on August 10, 2013, 10:08:04 am

I have seen a few peaches at the Farmer's Market.  Okra is late too.

They had some, just said it wasn't in full swing yet. I probably had a fresh BLT for lunch this summer 4 out of 7 days a week, kids were like, "I'm tired of them", I said go to the club or wherever, I'm eating fresh tomatoes while they are good.

DogsWin7

Jerry Neels BBQ in The Fort is pretty good.:)

Valleysports

There is a gas station off an I-40 exit, near Alma, that has good barbecue.

phdefense

Quote from: justthrowtheball on August 10, 2013, 05:46:47 am
Daves Hamburgers in Conway is the best. All Whataburgers are great. Sonic is good. The Hardees chain is also good.
There can be only one.

Hoghead

TAB's In Hope has one good Double Cheeseburger. It's on South Main St. right past the High School. It's some good eating in that place. That chesseburger will put you to sleep !!! The Club sandwich & Bobcat Fries are nice too !!!

SUGARTOWN

Five Guys is my new favorite. Double Cheeseburger, good fries as well. Mooyah's is ok, really good fries and shakes, but the burgers aren't as good as Five Guys IMO.

Back in the day Sportsman's Drive In in Stuttgart had the BEST, but it's not quite the same anymore.

cuckoobird

Plus 1000. First u hve to dodge the rats and roaches then pay $14 for burger fries and a drink with one refil

True Believer

I like Five Guys fries but not their burgers.

Lions84

Quote from: Valleysports on August 09, 2013, 07:25:11 am
QuoteIt is one of my favorite spots to eat in Arkansas .

And why is that?
Well since my first visit in.1984 till I ate there last in 99 it was all hot,fresh,fast and yum yum good.

AirWarren

Passed by there this weekend on our way to Nebo.

1. Not impressed with the joint. I still prefer the real deal.
2. Valley, I know you give alot of people a hard time about where they live in AR but come on now. I was ready to get out of Russellville, haha.

Valleysports

Yeah you took I-40 to Hwy 7 South to Nebo... Not the prettiest route.  Wished you'd called...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas