• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

To all the Whatta-Burger detractors

Started by phdefense, July 05, 2013, 04:35:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Valleysports on August 18, 2013, 05:52:16 pm
Yeah you took I-40 to Hwy 7 South to Nebo... Not the prettiest route.  Wished you'd called...

Just curious as to what'd you consider the "prettiest" route through Russellville to Nebo..

AirWarren

Yeah you took I-40 to Hwy 7 South to Nebo... Not the prettiest route.  Wished you'd called...

Not sure where I exited. I went by the college and into the downtown area. Then over the river bridge into the hamlet of Dardandelle. We came down the mountain and ate at el parion. Poor service. The mountains were awesome and I'm fascinated by nuclear one. Neat place. I'm a south AR guy so I tend to be biased but I know why people love the places they live. It's home. And I was probably the only guy in town with a UAM alumni license plate, HA!

Anyways, I was in your parts and it crossed my mind to send you a PM but we were busy with the family wedding up on nebo.

PS. The Dardanelle Walmart had some wonderful prizes running around in it!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: AirWarren on August 18, 2013, 07:55:41 pm

Not sure where I exited. I went by the college and into the downtown area. Then over the river bridge into the hamlet of Dardandelle. We came down the mountain and ate at el parion. Poor service. The mountains were awesome and I'm fascinated by nuclear one. Neat place. I'm a south AR guy so I tend to be biased but I know why people love the places they live. It's home. And I was probably the only guy in town with a UAM alumni license plate, HA!

Anyways, I was in your parts and it crossed my mind to send you a PM but we were busy with the family wedding up on nebo.

PS. The Dardanelle Walmart had some wonderful prizes running around in it!

That el parian sucks...well it has everytime I've been in there...Last time I was in there, we had to let my youngest make a mess before the Waitress would consider refilling out drinks.

AirWarren

The waitress was sub par there. We had three people at the table and I asked for some bowls for our cheese and salsa. So she brings out two bowls and the cheese dip was very runny. Just wasn't impressed at all!

Sheridan has a great El Parion.

True Believer

Valleysports

Quote from: HF on August 18, 2013, 06:46:54 pm

Just curious as to what'd you consider the "prettiest" route through Russellville to Nebo..

The best route is when you get off I-40 at exit 81, instead of going south, go north.  And for sure don't cross over the Arkansas River.  The west side of Russellville and some of the newer parts, but the best thing about Russellville is that it isn't far from the Ozarks.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Valleysports on August 18, 2013, 10:30:26 pm
Quote from: HF on August 18, 2013, 06:46:54 pm

The best route is when you get off I-40 at exit 81, instead of going south, go north.  And for sure don't cross over the Arkansas River.  The west side of Russellville and some of the newer parts, but the best thing about Russellville is that it isn't far from the Ozarks.

Haha, gotta agree...Took my Sunday drive to the in-laws today...and I gotta say even though I've been driving it at least once a week for six years now, it doesn't get old seeing those Mountains....Even if I can see them from my front Porch...

Jacketman65

Mount Magazine and the new Lodge is very nice, exit 40, I think at Ozark toward Scranton/ subiaco heading south. recommend it highly.

Hoghead

Quote from: Jacketman65 on August 19, 2013, 12:06:21 am
Mount Magazine and the new Lodge is very nice, exit 40, I think at Ozark toward Scranton/ subiaco heading south. recommend it highly.

I used to run up to Danville a lot when working with the HCSO. I loved driving HWY 7 out of Hot Springs up there. Lake Nimrod always looked so nice. Right before you get to Ola you could see Mount Magazine, Russellville (Arkansas 1) and the river. Right at La Fourche Junction almost. Very scenic ride.

Valleysports

That was my route for 4 yrs, back n forth Tyler to Tech, HH.  Friends always took the Interstate, I always took the scenic route.  8)  Had to watch that Ola speed trap.

phdefense

August 19, 2013, 05:23:18 pm #110 Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 06:29:28 pm by phdefense
Quote from: AirWarren on August 18, 2013, 01:43:20 pm
Passed by there this weekend on our way to Nebo.

1. Not impressed with the joint. I still prefer the real deal.
2. Valley, I know you give alot of people a hard time about where they live in AR but come on now. I was ready to get out of Russellville, haha.
The one in Russellville was established first.

CHSTigersFan

Quote from: AirWarren on July 05, 2013, 06:08:15 pm
Whataburger........not the imposter in Russellville....has burgers that are the REAL DEAL.
I agree Whataburger NOT the one in Russvegas, is the BEST!!

Valleysports

Even though eating at Whataburger (Fast Food Chain) was the highlight of my week growing up, it wasn't mentioned in the 33 Best Burgers in the Country listing.  As many as there are, you would think the judges would've eaten one?

Hoghead

I had a Chophouse Chedder Burger last night....tasty !!!

True Believer

Hoghead, where do you get one of those?

Never heard of it but it sounds good!

Lions84

Quote from: phdefense on July 05, 2013, 04:35:37 pm
Take THIS!!!!!!

These are the 33 best burgers in the entire country.
http://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/these-are-the-33-best-burgers-in-the-entire-country

Feltner's Whatta-Burger, Russellville, AR
What you're getting: "Double Whatta-Burger w/ cheese"
QuoteIgnore the fact that if you get a full order of fries you can pretty much stand in the bag. Or that their jumbo-sized Coke with shaved ice could fill an above-ground swimming pool. Or that their name sounds very much like a Texas chain of burger spots I used to eat at in elementary school after baseball practice. But don't ignore the double Whatta and its unique structure, which includes putting the cheese on the bottom of the burger and using Miracle Whip in lieu of mayo. Oh, and also, they've got fried peach pies. Get one, if you're not drowning in soda and fries.

Sorry all you misguided people. No mention of CJ's

Our home state is full of good eats.

Valleysports

Did you read where we said that's an out-of-date report?  Gone are the days when a small order of fries came in a grocery sack, when a soda pop came in a quart size bucket, and a regular burger was the size of most competitors large.  Mr Feltner ran the perfect business model for customer loyalty, which can still be seen today, but is fading quickly.  Tell you what though, Feltners is sitting on one of the best pieces of property possible.  Pretty much on Tech campus now - Tech has bought the neighborhood around them.

Lions84

If I ever get back up there I will stop and eat there.  Now days my trips to Ark are all about visiting my folks in Eastern Arkansas. So Craigs gets most of my love !

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas