• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The All Soccer Thread(US soccer, EPL, European leagues, Spanish/Mexican leagues.)

Started by AirWarren, August 02, 2015, 09:00:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lionheart88

Bye bye Brenda!  So long, farewell, don't let the door hit you on the way out!

AirWarren

VHSCoach2

The Republic of Ireland beat Germany, 1-0, in Euro Qualifying today in an upset for the ages.*

*-assuming Germany was full-strength. Anybody know if they were?

VHSCoach2

WPWells

beach bum

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 10, 2015, 10:43:14 pm
Mexico takes the lead :'(

I am so angry right now.... honestly Mexico deserves this as much as I hate to say it.

VHSCoach2

beach bum

WPWells

VHSCoach2

WPWells

VHSCoach2

beach bum

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on October 10, 2015, 11:12:42 pm
Not a team I hate losing to more than Mexico...

My exact thoughts.... and losing out on the Confederations Cup is huge. I know its not the World Cup but the chance to be front and center with only 7 other teams. That is huge to miss out on that.

WPWells

Lionheart88

Klinsmann Out.  The team's showing clear regression and he hasn't delivered on any of his promises.  It's past time.  No other nation in the world that's as highly ranked as we are would let a trainwreck like this continue.

beach bum

We really screwed up not winning. The chance to be on an international stage with only 7 teams too. Mexico has a chance at the Confederations Cup finals IMO because its not going to be that great of one. The five teams so far are Russia, Germany, Australia, Mexico, & Chile(hosting the Copa America is why they made it). They are waiting on the Euro Cup, African Cup of Nations, and most likely New Zealand. That is Germany and the Euro Cup 2016 champs for the taking. Russia will be a tough out at home still.

AirWarren

AirWarren

US Soccer is difficult to watch right now. We have seriously gotten worse.

VHSCoach2

USMNT loses 1-0 to Costa Rica, while the U-23 squad qualifies for the Olympics with 2-0 win over Canada.

AirWarren

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on October 13, 2015, 07:58:41 pm
USMNT loses 1-0 to Costa Rica, while the U-23 squad qualifies for the Olympics with 2-0 win over Canada.

We need a serious change right now with the USMNT.

beach bum

I am little jealous.... my brother just went to the Argentina vs. Paraguay World Cup qualifier in Asuncion, Paraguay. Messi was obviously out with the knee injury but I have always wanted to go to a game internationally as well as an EPL game. I believe it was the first game of home and home round robin between the South American nations. 17 more to go for them now in deciding who goes to Russia.

WPWells

U-23 has to win a playoff against Colombia.

Lionheart88

The U-23s still have to win a playoff with Colombia to actually make the Olympics.  Chances of that are....less than stellar. :-\

VHSCoach2

Barclays Premier League, Week 9:

10/17/15:

Tottenham Hotspur 0-0 Liverpool, FT
Chelsea 2-0 Aston Villa, FT
Crystal Palace 1-3 West Ham United, FT
Everton 0-3 Manchester United, FT
Manchester City 5-1 AFC Bournemouth, FT
Southampton 2-2 Leicester City, FT
West Bromwich Albion 1-0 Sunderland, FT
Watford 0-3 Arsenal, FT

10/18/15:
Newcastle United 6-2 Norwich City, FT

10/19/15:
Swansea City 0-1 Stoke City, FT

AirWarren

Lionheart88

FC Dallas clinch the #1 seed in the Western Conference with their win at Salt Lake tonight.  Can win Supporter's Shield if things fall right with their game vs San Jose and NYRB's next two games.

VHSCoach2

Here's an abbreviated table for the Barclays Premier League through nine weeks:

Team (Points)
1. Manchester City (21)
2. Arsenal (19)
3. Manchester United (19)
4. West Ham United (17)
5. Leicester City (16)

6. Crystal Palace (15)
7. Tottenham Hotspur (14)
8. Southampton (13)
9. Everton (13)
10. Liverpool (13)
11. Stoke City (12)
12. Chelsea (11)
13. West Bromwich Albion (11)
14. Swansea City (10)
15. Watford (10)
16. Norwich City (9)
17. AFC Bournemouth: 8

18. Newcastle United (6)
19. Aston Villa (4)
20. Sunderland (3)

Notes:
-Leicester City and Tottenham Hotspur are tied for the least amount of losses with just one.
-Tottenham also owns the greatest number of draws, with five.
-Manchester City has the most wins, with seven, and has the greatest goal differential, which currently stands at 16 (24 goals forced, 8 goals allowed).
-Aston Villa has the most loses, with seven thus far.
-Crystal Palace has not drawn with any opponent thus far.
-Sunderland is the only club without a win at this point in the season (record: 0W-3D-6L)
-The three new clubs, Watford, Norwich City, and AFC Bournemouth, have combined for 6 wins, 9 draws, and 12 losses, with a minus-16 goal differential.

beach bum

VHSCoach2

The USWNT drew with Brazil a couple days ago. Shannon (Boxx) Spearman's final appearance for the team, and she played for 41 minutes.

Farewell, Boxxy.

VHSCoach2

Barclays Premier League, Week 10:

10/24/15

Aston Villa 1-2 Swansea City, FT
Leicester City 1-0 Crystal Palace, FT
Norwich City 0-1 West Bromwich Albion, FT
Stoke City 0-2 Watford, FT
West Ham United 2-1 Chelsea, FT
Arsenal 2-1 Everton, FT

10/25/15

Sunderland 3-0 Newcastle United, FT
AFC Bournemouth 1-5 Tottenham Hotspur, FT
Manchester United 0-0 Manchester City, FT
Liverpool 1-1 Southampton, FT

1-Adam-12

I wonder if this now qualifies as a complete meltdown at Chelsea.

Has Mourinho lost the locker room?

On the other hand, West Ham and Leicester continue to surprise.

Also a good win for Watford today.

AirWarren

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on October 24, 2015, 12:02:02 pm
I wonder if this now qualifies as a complete meltdown at Chelsea.

Has Mourinho lost the locker room?

On the other hand, West Ham and Leicester continue to surprise.

Also a good win for Watford today.

Chelsea is lost right now.

WPWells

AirWarren

VHSCoach2

USWNT 1-0 Brazil, 21'

Alex Morgan with a 9' goal.

Chalupny just exited the pitch for the final time as a member of the USWNT in the 20th minute.

Lionheart88

NY Red Bulls win the MLS Supporter's Shield, FC Dallas finish runners-up at the top of the Western Conference.

VHSCoach2

DC United 2-1 New England Revolution in the first MLS elimination playoff game.

Seattle Sounders FC 3-2 LA Galaxy. Great, exciting match.

VHSCoach2

Impact de Montreal 3-0 Toronto FC, FT.

Portland Timbers 2(7)-2(6) Sporting Kansas City, FT. 12 rounds of Kicks from the Mark.

Lionheart88

Goodness!  I've coached games that went to kicks, including one that went eight rounds.  Its as stressful and nerve-wracking as anything in sports.  I can't imagine 12 rounds.  That's gotta be likely to cause someone in the stands to blow a blood vessel.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: Lionheart88 on October 30, 2015, 01:02:20 am
Goodness!  I've coached games that went to kicks, including one that went eight rounds.  Its as stressful and nerve-wracking as anything in sports.  I can't imagine 12 rounds.  That's gotta be likely to cause someone in the stands to blow a blood vessel.

I should have added the the 12th round featured the keepers taking the kicks. Obviously, successful for Portland, not so much for Sporting KC.

KFTM are definitely a keeper's worst enemy.

VHSCoach2

Barclays Premier League, Week 11

10/31/15:

Chelsea 1-3 Liverpool, FT
Crystal Palace 0-0 Manchester United, FT
Manchester City 2-1 Norwich City, FT
Newcastle United 0-0 Stoke City, FT
Swansea City 0-3 Arsenal, FT
Watford 2-0 West Ham United, FT
West Bromwich Albion 2-3 Leicester City, FT

11/1/15:

Everton 6-2 Sunderland, FT
Southampton 2-0 AFC Bournemouth, FT

11/2/15:

Tottenham Hotspur 3-1 Aston Villa. FT

AirWarren

I swear. We let off the freaking gas and Liverpool takes the lead 2-1. I swear to the good lord above.

AirWarren

WPWells

AirWarren

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 31, 2015, 09:32:24 am
There's unrest at Stamford Bridge

That's a complete understatement. You can see it all over Jose's face that he is very unsure of his future.

I think the powers of Chelsea would be ignorant to get rid of him. But it's time for Jose to coach his way out of this hole. Wow.

VHSCoach2

Watford with another impressive victory today.

And of course...

Arsenal  8)

1-Adam-12

AFCB will now need a lot of help to stay up.  Their best two strikers are on season-ending or near season-ending injuries.

What they do against the teams around them will determine their fate.

On the other hand, if Sunderland doesn't get quite a few points this month, they can start making reservations for trips to Charlton, Sheffield and Cardiff for Championship away days.  They were run off the pitch by Everton today.

VHSCoach2

DC United 0-1 New York Red Bulls, FT

NYRB take the 1-0 aggregate lead into next Sunday.

Portland Timbers 0-0 Vancouver Whitecaps, FT

0-0 aggregate heading into next Sunday.

Montreal Impact 2-1 Columbus Crew SC, FT

Montreal takes the 2-1 aggregate into next Sunday, but Columbus did get an all-important road goal.

Seattle Sounders FC 2-1, FT

Seattle takes the 2-1 aggregate into next Sunday, but Dallas did an an all-important road goal.

chaoslord

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on November 01, 2015, 02:37:39 pm
AFCB will now need a lot of help to stay up.  Their best two strikers are on season-ending or near season-ending injuries.

What they do against the teams around them will determine their fate.

On the other hand, if Sunderland doesn't get quite a few points this month, they can start making reservations for trips to Charlton, Sheffield and Cardiff for Championship away days.  They were run off the pitch by Everton today.

Luckily for Bournemouth, I think Newcastle, Sunderland, and Villa (perhaps Norwich?) are all worse than them so they should be fine. Bournemouth are hosting Newcastle this weekend so we will see if I'm right!

beach bum

Real Madrid & the Manchester Duo get to the knockout round today in the Champions League...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas