• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Summer camps

Started by lostintheweeds, May 31, 2017, 12:02:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lostintheweeds

What are the camps coming up in June, and what may we potentially learn from them this summer?

smallybells

Do schools even do that now? I thought most of your hard core basketball players just stay on the travel circuit this time of year. I know ECS does a Nike Camp and some of the colleges have some stuff going on.

Head Lion

I heard Osceola beat Nettleton today 53-47 in sr boys and looked very strong.

Baller_34

I think they have a boys camp today at Brookland.

biglion1985

When is the next camps gonna be

BannerMountainMan

Clinton was at the Rosebud camp, went 6-1, beating Mayflower, Riverview, Quitman, Bergman, and a few more

bobcats

Marshall went 4-0 at the same camp beating some of the same teams.  Who did Clinton lose to?

ballmember

Clinton lost to Riverview in overtime.  Good game,  though Clinton played as well as anyone I saw at the camp, even though like others had some starters not there. 

old.dole

Anyone know how smackover looked down at eldo today?

Moonshiner

Hey Head Lion...what's your girls doing losing 42-16 to a class A school (Norfork)?

Head Lion

We are struggling in our girls program. We have got to get a greater commitment level by all. We have I think 1 girl 7-12 that plays any travel ball. You go by the gym each night & 8-10 boys doing serious work on their game & athletic training. Hopefully we will get it turned around. A couple of decent move ins wouldn't hurt.

Moonshiner

You're a good sport.  Norfork is pretty darn good.

no mascot

The league Manila has to compete in right now is ridiculously good IMO. If their school was located in another area of the state the narrative surrounding their program might be different.

Head Lion

Quote from: no mascot on July 28, 2017, 11:27:41 pm
The league Manila has to compete in right now is ridiculously good IMO. If their school was located in another area of the state the narrative surrounding their program might be different.
This is true, but hopefully we will take ownership of it & work our tails off & get better. I believe we will.

no mascot

It'd surprise me if they didn't. Basketball has always seemed important at Manila.

Head Lion

Quote from: Moonshiner on July 28, 2017, 10:21:43 pm
You're a good sport.  Norfork is pretty darn good.
Thanks Moon, I'm a huge homer, but sometimes you just to call it how it is.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: Head Lion on July 29, 2017, 09:25:07 am
This is true, but hopefully we will take ownership of it & work our tails off & get better. I believe we will.
HL, I expect you to have the girls program turned around by the end of the year!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas