• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JC Schedule

Started by tdn (Tim), December 10, 2005, 12:06:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tdn (Tim)

December 10, 2005, 12:06:22 pm Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 10:59:04 am by tdn (Tim)
This is the remaining schedule for JC Seniors Basketball:

Dec 12  Union JV game  W
Dec 13  @Bernice, LA    W 73-57
Dec 15  Genoa Central   W 71-37
Dec 19  Summerfield, LA  W  75 - 39
Dec 28-30  @West Monroe, LA Classic  JC
                           JC 65    West Monroe JV   61    Gm 1
                           JC 65    Franklin PArish JV  41  Gm 2
                           JC 62    vs.    Bernice 63          Finals
Jan 3     Strong                 W 69-52
Jan 6    @Springhill, AR      W  63-38
Jan 10   @Parker's Chapel   W  63-57
Jan 13    Smackover           W 75-41
Jan 17   Norphlet                W  91-40
Jan 20   @ Strong               W 79-64
Jan 21-28  Dual State Tournament, Junction City, AR-LA
                     W  JC  74    Spearsville, LA  62
                     W  JC  73     Waldo  46
                     W  JC  68     Eudora  57
                     L  JC  52     Warren  54
Jan 31   @ Stephens   W  58 - 32
Feb 3    Parker's Chapel  W 53 - 37
Feb 7    @Smackover  W  60-52
Feb 10  @ Norphlet    W  76-55
Feb 13-18   Sr District Tournament @ Norphlet
                Th, Feb 16   JC Vs  Winner #4 Smackover- #5 Norphlet (play Wednesday, 2-15)

Feb 20-25  Regional Tournament @ Parker's Chapel

Feb 27-Mar 4   State Tournament @ Jessieville

tdn (Tim)

Any one have a schedule of Strong?

nfblaze

Don't know about their schedule, but I know they ALWAYS field a decent team...boys and girls.. The girls won state last year ;)

tdn (Tim)

Quote from: Cure™ on December 16, 2005, 09:19:07 pm
Don't know about their schedule, but I know they ALWAYS field a decent team...boys and girls.. The girls won state last year ;)

Yes I know.  That is why I was wanting to know when they played and JC didn't so I could catch some games other than Strong - JC   Strong Girls excel because they play basketball as it should be.  Any team that executes as they do (boys or girls) will be tough to beat

tdn (Tim)

JC continues to get better beating Summerfield easily after struggling some in the first game against them (blowing double digit leads).  This time it was never close.  Strong on Jan 3 continues to be a benchmark game looming on the horizon for both teams

tdn (Tim)

Junction won its first 2 games in the Monroe Classic to set up a rematch with Bernice in tonight's Final.  Junction was very sluggish in Gm 1 but had no problems in Gm 2.   

The game against Strong on Tuesday should be a good one for fans in South Arkansas to see as District play commences for JC (not sure if Strong has played any District games yet).

footballfan

I don't think any of the teams have played district games yet. All have played a lot of nonconference and tournament games, however. Chapel boys are the finals of the Harmony Grove Classic.

footballfan

Bernice, La., beat JC by 1 last night in the finals of the West Monroe Tournament, small school division. It was a rough game from what I heard. Anderson scored 34 I think it was.

tdn (Tim)

footballfan   being a fan of football it was a game you would have enjoyed (Bernice v JC in Monroe).  I've seen less contact allowed in SEC basketball but that is something JC must learn to handle and overcome.

Game against Strong was close for first half (6 pt game at half) and  most of 3 Q before JC pulled away.   Look for a tough rematch at Strong in a couple of weeks.

tdn (Tim)

Dual State is just a little over a week away.  I'll try to post the bracket when I get one.  Should be some good games in both the boys and the girls action.

tdn (Tim)

One district game left in the first half of district play for JC which will be Norphlet at JC on Tuesday and then the last half of district will begin one week from today at Strong.  I expect that game to be a dog-fight (pun intended).  Strong is a tough place to play.

bballfan36

Quote from: tdn (Tim) on January 13, 2006, 10:03:40 pm
One district game left in the first half of district play for JC which will be Norphlet at JC on Tuesday and then the last half of district will begin one week from today at Strong. I expect that game to be a dog-fight (pun intended). Strong is a tough place to play.

And Junction isn't? 

tdn (Tim)

bballfan36   I never said JC wasn't a tough place for opponents to play JC.  JC won the first matchup at JC.  Now JC must face the bulldogs at Strong. 

Juice-Man

The world must be spinning backwards or something.  JC has been bustin heads in basketball.  But guess what.... I'm LOVING it!!!!

BTW, I'm Juice... just wanted a new image so I went with Cham

Dragon#40

Quote from: Chamillionaire on January 14, 2006, 11:17:03 am
The world must be spinning backwards or something. JC has been bustin heads in basketball. But guess what.... I'm LOVING it!!!!

BTW, I'm Juice... just wanted a new image so I went with Cham

Nice name change Juice, I been listening to Koopa since he first started at Da House. I got a lot of the old freestyles and NO you can't get them.

tdn (Tim)

JC at Strong Friday Night.  If you live in South Arkansas and want to see a great game, this is one to attend.  JC won the first match-up (between the senior boys) @ JC but all that means is Strong will be tougher than ever on Friday night.  I expect JC will have to play better basketball than it did the first meeting if it wants to leave Strong with a "W".  That isn't to say JC played poorly the first game.  It is to say I expect a much better game from Strong. 

Juice-Man

You must not know I'm connected like Dub and Mack-10 throughout Texas, Noble.  I'll give you a list of all the Koopa CD's I have: Get Ya Mind Correct, Chamillionaire's Greatest Hits, Color Changin Click: The Army, Controversy Sells, Whut It Dew, Mixtape Messiah, Chamillitary, Big Business (Cham & Stat Quo), The Truth, Da Bottom Vol. 2, Man On Fire, Tippin Down 2005, Houston We Have a Problem, Greatest Hits (different version than 1st one), Best of.... Continued, Late Summer 2K5 (Cham & OG Ron C), Bobby Booshay, Homer Pimpson, and Sound of Revenge.  And my boy is sending me the only 2 I don't have right now.  I'm a "Chamillitary Soldier".

footballfan

Junction boys won in Strong last night. The game was only 3 points at the half, but the Dragons had a 12-2 run in the third to blow it open. The Strong girls won easily.

tdn (Tim)

Yes the game was much closer than the final score indicates.  Strong has a very talented team.

tdn (Tim)

Finally updated the schedule with scores from Dual State and the one game since.  Only 3 games remain in regular season and tomorrow is the last Home game.  JC needs to win only 1 of the 3 final games to "clinch" the #1 seed in District and win District outright.  I hope they win all 3 and go undefeated in conference but never count the chickens until the eggs hatch, right?

Wilson

Hey Tim shouldn't there be a L by or name for the Warren game considering we lost?....lol.......just messing with you......would be nice to run the table from here on out.....but the district tourney is gonna be tough.

tdn (Tim)

Quote from: Wilson on February 02, 2006, 08:23:49 pm
Hey Tim shouldn't there be a L by or name for the Warren game considering we lost?....lol.......just messing with you......would be nice to run the table from here on out.....but the district tourney is gonna be tough.

What do you mean?  There is an "L" there   ::)     Well it was suppose to be anyway.

JC beat PC tonight for the regular season District Title (Technically JC could tie with Strong IF JC lost both games next week at Norphlet and Smackover but since JC beat Strong both times, JC has the tie-break.  I don't expect them to need any tie-breaks though). 

2 regular season games left and then District Tournament.  Hopefully JC will play well and get to Jessieville this year.

tdn (Tim)

Only 1 regular season game left -- tomorrow (Friday) at Norphlet.  JC won district outright with its victory over Smackover.  Now going for undefeated in conference play.

Smackover played a lot better the 2nd time around against JC.  They have some talent.  Could make the district tournament next week interesting.  Anyone know how the brackets will be?  with only 5 teams in district how do you bracket it?

Wilson

I figure #4 and #5 play for the right to face #1 on one side of the bracket and on the other side #2 plays #3......

1,2 and 3 make the semi's automaticaly is what I would think.

tdn (Tim)

Quote from: Wilson on February 10, 2006, 01:49:30 am
I figure #4 and #5 play for the right to face #1 on one side of the bracket and on the other side #2 plays #3......

1,2 and 3 make the semi's automaticaly is what I would think.

Wilson, as usual you are correct.  JC plays Thursday and will face the winner of #4 Smackover- #5 Norphlet.

JC  Girls without Jasmine Moore will play Smackover Wednesday.  Her ACL tear hurts without ? the girls team.

Wilson

Well I have drawn up enough brackets for softball tourneys over the years that I can pretty much get a number of teams in my head and come up with a skeleton of some sort that I can use to draw up a bracket.....

bballfan36

February 12, 2006, 12:48:04 pm #26 Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 09:34:48 pm by bballfan36
Congrats on Junction winning Jr. district last night.  One player was awesome and stood out above the others - I think they called him "baby Anderson".  I've never noticed him before, but I heard he was a cousin to James, and his game looked very similar to his, too.  Junction is blessed with talent for several years to come, I see!  Will Coach move him up now to the senior high team? 

tdn (Tim)

I suspect
Quote from: bballfan36 on February 12, 2006, 12:48:04 pm
Congrats on Junction winning Jr. district last night.  One player was awesome and stood out above the others - I think they called him "baby Anderson".  I've never noticed him before, but I heard he was a cousin to James, and his game is looked very similar to his, too.  Junction is blessed with talent for several years to come, I see!  Will Coach move him up now to the senior high team? 

I suspect Coach Hammett will move him and some of the others up at least for District.  Not sure about beyond.  I think there is a 15 person roster limit somewhere in post-season so he'll have to make some tough decisions eventually

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas