• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hampton vs. Bearden

Started by baseball13, October 12, 2018, 10:06:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins this game?

Hampton by less than 10
8 (27.6%)
Bearden by less than 10
3 (10.3%)
Hampton by more than 10
18 (62.1%)
Bearden by more than 10
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: October 19, 2018, 10:06:22 pm

baseball13

This game will impact seeds 2-4 how do you think it goes?

old.dole

Hampton. Bearden will struggle to score. 26-6 dogs

Backwoods Bart

October 13, 2018, 10:57:44 am #2 Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 01:38:23 pm by Backwoods Bart
Quote from: old.dole on October 12, 2018, 10:12:45 pm
Hampton. Bearden will struggle to score. 26-6 dogs

That's the hard part about predicting what the Bears will do. Their O/L all in all, did a better job in Junction. I didn't recall one QB sack. For the most part, the D slowed down JC's sweeps, and forced them to throw.
They are definitely improving in areas. But until our DB's get better at coverage, it doesn't matter. JC got out of several 3rd and long situations throwing deep behind our loose coverage.
More than one of our DB's seemed lost at times in coverage, giving up 3rd and long for either TD's or large yardage catches that took the Bears out of it quick. making JC look better than they actually played last night.

Hampton will not have much success with the Jet sweep against the Bears, if they can throw it, they can win it.

thabeast428

Whatever man y'all didn't stop JC run game up the middle either. Plus JC doesn't run the sweep too much bc lack of speed. Y'all won't stand a chance against Hampton if they play a good 4qtrs

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: thabeast428 on October 13, 2018, 11:00:45 am
Whatever man y'all didn't stop JC run game up the middle either. Plus JC doesn't run the sweep too much bc lack of speed. Y'all won't stand a chance against Hampton if they play a good 4qtrs

Think your missing the point. JC did not get it done up the middle or around the end.
You can make excuses as to why JC was ineffective with their sweep all you want.
I am merely stating the fact that JC converted several 3rd and long's early on, by finding it easy to over the top to sustain their drives.  That's all....

thabeast428

No y'all didn't stop JC run up the middle or the pass. 40 points and stat numbers proves that lol at least gave JC a better game

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: thabeast428 on October 13, 2018, 11:28:42 am
No y'all didn't stop JC run up the middle or the pass. 40 points and stat numbers proves that lol at least gave JC a better game

No doubt, the score reflects that. But the game tape reflects everything that I just mentioned. And I'm ok with that.  ;)

thabeast428

October 13, 2018, 11:38:13 am #7 Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 11:41:16 am by thabeast428
Ur saying y'all stopped JC sweep and yes u r correct but it's not like JC runs that all the time. They may of tried it 2-3 times. But when they ran up the middle y'all didn't shut them down lol there is a difference in slowing them down and shutting them down. And when y'all stacked the box JC threw on y'all so either way y'all will have a hard time against Hampton

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: thabeast428 on October 13, 2018, 11:38:13 am
Ur saying y'all stopped JC sweep and yes u r correct but it's not like JC runs that all the time. They may of tried it 2-3 times. But when they ran up the middle y'all didn't shut them down. And when y'all stacked the box JC threw on y'all so either way y'all will have a hard time against Hampton

I think you just validated my point! Thank you!

thabeast428

Yeah about the sweep but you don't understand that JC doesn't run the sweep but a couple times so if u think shutting it down a couple times is shutting the running game down then ok lol it doesn't matter but note we did put 300 something yards on y'all in the rain and I think 176 was passing

dragondad

October 13, 2018, 02:54:50 pm #10 Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 02:57:28 pm by dragondad
JC had 176 yards rushing and 177 yards passing.  3 passing TDs.  20 first downs,  13 of those rushing,  6 passing, and 1 by penalties.

Backwoods Bart

October 13, 2018, 03:13:01 pm #11 Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 03:24:25 pm by Backwoods Bart
Quote from: dragondad on October 13, 2018, 02:54:50 pm
JC had 176 yards rushing and 177 yards passing.  3 passing TDs.  20 first downs,  13 of those rushing,  6 passing, and 1 by penalties.

That's alot if good info there DD!

Bearden_Bear72

Hampton is more skilled team and should win by a few.

As far as this JC conversation.  They killed Bearden's D.  I didn't really notice how many outside runs they tried but I know against Hampton they went to that a lot seemed like.  Really beside point and in the past. 

Yogi bear

Fact of the matter is Bearden has got to STOP going for it on fourth down on our end of the field when there is still plenty of time in the game. Twice in the first half we did that and gave j.c. a short field can't do that against good teams. Just wondering how long it's gonna take before whoever is making these decisions learns something. It wasn't just this game been like that all year.

Rida4Life

Hampton by a lot.

Bearden struggled with what has proven to be a pretty weak PC team.... Hampton did not. 

Dawgs36-6

panther07

Quote from: Yogi bear on October 15, 2018, 06:37:18 pm
Fact of the matter is Bearden has got to STOP going for it on fourth down on our end of the field when there is still plenty of time in the game. Twice in the first half we did that and gave j.c. a short field can't do that against good teams. Just wondering how long it's gonna take before whoever is making these decisions learns something. It wasn't just this game been like that all year.

May need to do some reading/research on that subject. Heard Pete Carroll talking about this very thing last night. The numbers say going for it on 4th down is often the better choice. PA sure does okay going for it.

baseball13

Quote from: panther07 on October 16, 2018, 10:03:28 am
May need to do some reading/research on that subject. Heard Pete Carroll talking about this very thing last night. The numbers say going for it on 4th down is often the better choice. PA sure does okay going for it.

Have you seen Bearden play? There is a HUGE difference between Bearden and PA. And I say that with no disrespect to Bearden at all but there are not many teams in the state on the same level as PA.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: baseball13 on October 16, 2018, 10:27:20 am

Have you seen Bearden play? There is a HUGE difference between Bearden and PA. And I say that with no disrespect to Bearden at all but there are not many teams in the state on the same level as PA.

Totally agree!
The Bear line held JC to "0" QB sacks I think, even when JC was blitzing all night long, but the Bears could not sustain 1 drive to points. Not a good indication that going for it on 4th and anything will have success!   

One bright spot. The Bears played fumble free or thereabouts in the mud last Friday, and they made few mental penalty mistakes that killed drives. The weather is calling for rain. If Hampton has problems in the mud, it could get interesting, but at the end of the day the Bears have to score no matter what the Bulldogs do..

THA TRUTH

If 5 from bearden can't play then they might as well not even show up

dawgpound

Hampton done pretty good against PC in the mud

Senior Roger

How many fights yall think will break out tonight? I wanna say 4 but tensions might run high so closer 10
But in all seriousness hampton better watch out for #84 on bearden he is a stud and not afraid of contact
i have bearden by 3

eldofan

Backwoods Bart

I think we should let Hampton win just to get the playoff seed that they project us at! Go Bears!

PapaHog

Bearden struggles. Hampton rolls.

baseball13

Hampton rolls in this wet game. 42-14 bulldogs

baseball13

13-0 Hampton at half. Bearden players walking off the field trying to start something on the Hampton sideline.

dawgpound

I saw that on live stream looked like it's been some after play activity going on the whole game

baseball13

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: baseball13 on October 19, 2018, 10:16:26 pm
Hampton 40-0. Final

Bearden found many ways last night to give opportunities to an Opponent.
Having said that I'll go on the record and say right now , I think Hampton will be a quarter round playoff team or better. They looked  pretty good last night

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas