• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyrik Dixon now at SWA

Started by Brian G, August 12, 2014, 05:59:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

August 12, 2014, 05:59:39 pm Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 06:01:18 pm by B.G.
Southwest Christian Academy in Little Rock picks up the former PG from Bentonville.

He'll be a junior.

http://www.swchristian.com/swca/affiliations-and-accreditations/

think

It will be interesting to see how this shakes out. With the kids rumored to be going there, it's going to make some people (HS coaches) unhappy.

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: think on August 13, 2014, 09:53:42 am
It will be interesting to see how this shakes out. With the kids rumored to be going there, it's going to make some people (HS coaches) unhappy.
The one comforting thought is that, since this school isn't AAA-affiliated, it can't play any teams that are. It has to go elsewhere and win its own little league, wherever it might be.

Brian G

Heck, I had to look it up. I've heard he was likely to go there since June but really didn't know much about it.

Eagle20

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on August 13, 2014, 10:42:26 am
Quote from: think on August 13, 2014, 09:53:42 am
The one comforting thought is that, since this school isn't AAA-affiliated, it can't play any teams that are. It has to go elsewhere and win its own little league, wherever it might be.
southpaw, you might not know it but Southwest Christian now has a prep school team that travels around the nation playing other prep schools.   A lot of the teams you see playing on ESPN.  It is not just some little league they are in playing in.

Spaulding

Tyrick did not have the opportunity to play for Bentonville this year.

Cabotred

Quote from: Spaulding on August 16, 2014, 11:40:44 am

This past year or up coming. I thought he started the 13-14 season for Bville. 

Spaulding

Quote from: Cabotred on August 16, 2014, 04:06:16 pm

Heck he started as a 9th grader then as a soph. Good player. I don't know details nor would I share them if I did, but apparently he is out of chances. And that is coming from both faculty and teammates. He has the ability to play college ball. Not sure D1, maybe lower D1. Obviously he is not Malik, not as good as the soph guard at Fay, but he is right behind that.

bystander

He will get more exposure at this program, even with Malik at BVille. There will be a large number of low 1 and D2 coaches who will watch SW Christian. They will have 9 potential college players this coming year.

If Sunrise comes to Little Rock to play them, this would be a great game to watch.

BigMan15

How much does this hurt Bville and also do u think that this could possibly make malik think about leaving for that same school next year

oldballer

Why would Monk think about moving? He is already the #1 ranked player in the class of 2016. Every college that has a basketball team and some that don't are after him. What would this school have to offer him that would make him leave ($$$) was supposed to be a ? Unless he needs to work on grades and they can help in that area.

BigMan15

to play with better competition or maybe even less compettion to get a state ring...7a can be tough

Eagle20

That school is not really known to be an academic stalwart school.  I am not saying it is bad, just not any hype about their academics like some other private schools.

Spaulding

I think, and I'm not privy to any real inside info, Malik is now getting the exact type of academic oversight and demands that his family wanted out of their move. He is working academically and being held accountable.

Hoggy

Quote from: Spaulding on August 16, 2014, 08:30:12 pm

Heck he started as a 9th grader then as a soph. Good player. I don't know details nor would I share them if I did, but apparently he is out of chances. And that is coming from both faculty and teammates. He has the ability to play college ball. Not sure D1, maybe lower D1. Obviously he is not Malik, not as good as the soph guard at Fay, but he is right behind that.
who is the sophmore guard at fayetteville?

Hoggy

Quote from: BigMan15 on August 21, 2014, 02:18:28 pm
to play with better competition or maybe even less compettion to get a state ring...7a can be tough
oooh a state ring....give me a break

Brian G

Quote from: Hoggy on October 09, 2014, 02:07:51 pm
Quote from: Spaulding on August 16, 2014, 08:30:12 pm

who is the sophmore guard at fayetteville?

I think hes referencing Willis who is now a junior.

Hoggy

Is Drake Wymer any good?  Saw him playing football for fayetteville

jr17

I thought SW wasn't AAA associated?  If that was the case would they play in state tournaments?

Rayburn

No. They do not compete in state tournaments. I don't even know of any in-state teams that play them. This school is not a basketball academy like some of the other prep schools you've heard about.

jr17

I saw a picture of their schedule. Central was the only in state team on it.

Moonshiner

Wonder if it's legal to play a non member team like that?  Not sure how it would be different than playing an AAU team.  B.G. You have any knowledge on that?

Brian G

AAA has to approve I believe.

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: jr17 on October 17, 2014, 04:38:59 pm
That is Memphis Central on the schedule, not Little Rock Central. There are no AAA schools on the schedule because it's not allowed.

jr17

Moonshiner

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on November 01, 2014, 07:06:27 pm
Quote from: jr17 on October 17, 2014, 04:38:59 pm
That is Memphis Central on the schedule, not Little Rock Central. There are no AAA schools on the schedule because it's not allowed.

That's a good thing

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas