• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

You gotta see this.......

Started by Cabotred, March 08, 2014, 12:48:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Cabotred

March 08, 2014, 12:48:17 am Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 01:02:44 am by Cabotred
http://instagram.com/p/lRCTS5GRDy/

Even if it was against my Panthers, I still have to say just freakin awesome!

Malik Monk

Razorback Red

He has been fun to watch all year.  Even when he's not shooting well, he still finds ways to make great plays when needed.

I am looking forward to the Monday game against NLR.  Bentonville will be the underdog and will have to play well to win, but with a player like Monk, you never know what can happen.

Shady

Wow, he can definitely get up! He can do it all, best player in the state right now.

businesstron

Entertaining but he's gotta find his shot.  I don't how many threes he took last night but he didn't make any of them.

MDXPHD

Quote from: businesstron on March 08, 2014, 03:00:59 pm
Entertaining but he's gotta find his shot.  I don't how many threes he took last night but he didn't make any of them.

Hahahaha.  This is classic.

Cabotred

Quote from: MDXPHD on March 08, 2014, 06:52:45 pm

He was 5 of 15 from field and 12 of 15 from line. While agree his shot selection was not the best, it will improve with maturity. There is no disputing his raw athleticism. I have seen him play the last two years and he is improving and will only get better. He is the real deal and if doesn't get injuried will be a one and done.

When you see him play you need to remember he is only 16. His mental game as well as physical will only get better and he is already one best players in state.

Nip/Tusk

There's no doubting his ability. But I feel for his old teammates at epc. That whole deal seemed a little shady to me.

businesstron

Quote from: Cabotred on March 08, 2014, 07:43:02 pm
Quote from: MDXPHD on March 08, 2014, 06:52:45 pm

He was 5 of 15 from field and 12 of 15 from line. While agree his shot selection was not the best, it will improve with maturity. There is no disputing his raw athleticism. I have seen him play the last two years and he is improving and will only get better. He is the real deal and if doesn't get injuried will be a one and done.

When you see him play you need to remember he is only 16. His mental game as well as physical will only get better and he is already one best players in state.

I saw a few games last year and almost all his big games this year.  He's got ability and when his shots are falling he's unstoppable but Monday could get ugly if he keeps playing how he is now.  Since the second game against Springdale he's hit a ruff patch.

I have no doubt heck get better though.

OPoraquê

BTW, businesstron, FB Bush lost to Galena Park North Shore by 2 in the T 5A elite eight battle of Greater Houston area, then North Shore beat DeSoto by 3 this week in the semis and looks like they're going to defeat SA's Converse Judson handily tonight.

Got to see Bennie, Unified face not one but TWO excellent Texas 5A teams this school year who each proved they could duke it out mightily with the very best in Texas 5A football AND basketball.  Got my wish fulfilled, twice.  Happy.  :)

centralarfan

I believe he is a victim of summer basketball. He is a volume shooter. He will almost always end a game with 20+. But if you evaluate him as a player, I would like a player that has a good shot selection instead of one that has the green light. He is still young so as he matures as he plays.

businesstron

Quote from: OPoraquê on March 08, 2014, 10:36:44 pm
BTW, businesstron, FB Bush lost to Galena Park North Shore by 2 in the T 5A elite eight battle of Greater Houston area, then North Shore beat DeSoto by 3 this week in the semis and looks like they're going to defeat SA's Converse Judson handily tonight.

Got to see Bennie, Unified face not one but TWO excellent Texas 5A teams this school year who each proved they could duke it out mightily with the very best in Texas 5A football AND basketball.  Got my wish fulfilled, twice.  Happy.  :)

No disputing....i saw the game against Bush.  They would've lost if they had played that game in February though.    Back then Monk was making those pull up 3's he likes to take and Dixon, Claude and even the bigs had postitive impacts on the game.   But it's a good victory none the less.  I was more impressed with Jonesboro's win in the Whataburger tournament over Desoto (who beat Bush 54-31 earlier in the year).

Hobosguts32

Texas teams, especially good ones, for some reason perform much better later in the season. I firmly believe that if Bville played them again it would not be as close...Bentonvilles players have fallen prey to the Malik show, and I don't blame them. It's hard to know when to take a shot or when to give it to the stud.

But then again, sings of teamwork were noticed in their route of Cabot the other night....it will be interesting to see how the game today against NLR plays out.

ISU7

Quote from: Josh Louin on March 08, 2014, 07:53:45 pm
There's no doubting his ability. But I feel for his old teammates at epc. That whole deal seemed a little shady to me.
Don't feel for them too long... :-X :-X :-X

TheMercenary

Quote from: centralarfan on March 08, 2014, 10:52:51 pm
I believe he is a victim of summer basketball. He is a volume shooter. He will almost always end a game with 20+. But if you evaluate him as a player, I would like a player that has a good shot selection instead of one that has the green light. He is still young so as he matures as he plays.

Summer basketball is what makes players now days; that's just the reality of the game.  Good/Bad whatever-
Anyone that has been at a BIG exposure event in the summer knows how the recruiting game works.  These things are huge meat markets where 100- D1 recruiters are getting a "shop in one stop" weekend.

birdman1981

Yeah, we won.  As for the comment about Monk being the best player in the state, B.S. 

Guy is phenomenal on the offensive end.  Disappears on the defensive end.  To make the comment he's the best in the state is a reach right now.  Give me a player that gives it up on both ends.  If his defensive game ever catches up to his offensive prowess, watch out !

mrcptkirk

Quote from: birdman1981 on March 11, 2014, 01:22:26 pm
Yeah, we won.  As for the comment about Monk being the best player in the state, B.S. 

Guy is phenomenal on the offensive end.  Disappears on the defensive end.  To make the comment he's the best in the state is a reach right now.  Give me a player that gives it up on both ends.  If his defensive game ever catches up to his offensive prowess, watch out !
+1

100% with you Monk, seen him play for 2 yrs, never seen him shut down anyone.

bdubyab60

I think he can lock down when he wants to. Gambles and reachs for steals a lot instead of moving his feet. As for Bentonville playing as a team, well thats on the coach. You may have to design your offense around a player like Monk but you should incorporate the others as well. If the coach lets it be a one man show its gonna be a one man show. Ive seen Malik for several years and like i said whe nhe wants to defend he can but seems like he is the only option for this team offensively, by what ive been told so probably resting on D. Which shouldnt happen but Ive seen it. And I havent seen a shutdown defender in years, play defense within the team concept and he will be fine.

WildcatGrandpa13

Wow, Monk has tons of athletic ability! Now if we can just get him to be a Razorback...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas