• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016-17 NBA Season

Started by MDXPHD, October 26, 2016, 08:34:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mtindian42

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on May 30, 2017, 01:45:29 pm
Golden State in 6. I just don't think Cleveland can match up with them this time around.
i think your right accept at this point GS may take it in 5.

WPWells

June 11, 2017, 02:07:49 pm #51 Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 08:41:23 pm by WPWells
*you're *except

Longfellow

LRRandy

Quote from: Longfellow on June 11, 2017, 02:10:37 pm
Cavs in 7
wouldn't that be something to see. I don't know if they can continue to shoot 50% from 3. I am pulling for the cavs but the warriors have looked like the better overall team so far. Except of course for the historic exlplosion of points in game 4.

RATTLER43

If they rain in threes with that type of proficiency they are unbeatable. But the Warriors really need to chop the head off soon or we could experience history again. Momentum is a strange animal......and so is the human psyche.

beach bum

Quote from: RATTLER43 on June 12, 2017, 09:06:00 am
If they rain in threes with that type of proficiency they are unbeatable. But the Warriors really need to chop the head off soon or we could experience history again. Momentum is a strange animal......and so is the human psyche.

I agree.... If the Cavs pull some magic tonight I think it will go to 7 games.

RATTLER43

Same thinking here. Game 7 would give Lebron opportunity to pull off another historical feat.  If accomplished would move him up to #3 on my all-time list.

beach bum

Paul George was just traded to the OKC Thunder... Chris Paul went to the Rockets a few days ago. The arms race is on in the West. If OKC gets a lights out 3 point shooter to compliment Paul George and Westbrook they can challenge the Warriors in a 7 game series I think. Maybe not win it but that would be fun to see.

BigLion10

Blake Griffin just signed a huge 5 year extension with LAC

BigLion10

Also Ricky Rubio traded to the Utah Jazz

BigLion10

June 30, 2017, 09:03:42 pm #60 Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 09:21:05 pm by BigLion10
Idk about the Griffin move. 5 years 173M for a cripple lol

beach bum

Quote from: BigLion10 on June 30, 2017, 09:03:42 pm
Idk about the Griffin move. 5 years 173 for a cripple lol

My exact thoughts.... They will get about 40-60 games out of him every year and that is it.

BigLion10

Sure won't get any playoff time out of him lol

BigLion10

JJ Redick leaving LA for the Sixers for a 1 year 23 Mil deal

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigLion10 on July 01, 2017, 03:21:19 pm
JJ Redick leaving LA for the Sixers for a 1 year 23 Mil deal

Some people chase rings....others just want a paycheck I guess...

BigLion10

Hearing rumors of Amir Johnson to the Sixers as well

beach bum

July 01, 2017, 07:15:29 pm #66 Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 07:17:04 pm by beach bum
The JJ Redick deal was smart for both sides... No big name guys want to go to the 76er's and that is the team that can give Redick a huge deal cause they have so much cap space with so many players on rookie deals still. Sign him a one year deal and if the trajectory looks as it is then he can re sign for a longer deal at a lower yearly price if he wants next year or leave again to another team. The East looks so bad that the 76er's may be able to jump up to a 6 or 7 seed next season. They paid him double what he is probably worth in the open NBA market but the 76er's have so much cap space they just threw it at him. He can be a piece if the young guys stay healthy that I can see getting to about 45 wins in a weak Eastern Conference.

BigLion10

Been confirmed Amir Johnson to the Sixers for a 1 year 11M dollar deal

BigLion10

I'm now seeing lots of speculation that the Thunder have already landed Rudy Gay just waiting for official confirmation

BigLion10

FA PG Jose Calderon inks 1 yr deal with Cavs

beach bum

Quote from: BigLion10 on July 01, 2017, 07:43:16 pm
I'm now seeing lots of speculation that the Thunder have already landed Rudy Gay just waiting for official confirmation

If he comes back healthy from his injury he can be a really good piece.... I have never seen him quite as a possible All Star level player, but I am sure he will have plenty of open looks playing with two stars now

beach bum

The big name still being waited on is certainly Gordon Hayward.... At first I thought he would for sure stay in Utah a couple weeks ago. They love him out there in Salt Lake City. But now that Paul went to the Rockets, Butler to the Timberwolves, and George to OKC then I see Hayward splitting to Miami or Boston. I bet he will want in the East for sure now. The Jazz are the best defensive team in the league and still might only be able to muster a 5 or 6 seed as a pretty dang good team playing in the new look West if he stayed. He can go to Boston and be the 1 or 2 seed or Miami and bring them automatically way up in the East. Miami went 31-10 in their last 41 games last season after starting 10-31 in the first half. Look out for them if they land Hayward. Paul Millsap could also add a lot to a team at a high level for another 2 or 3 years definitely as the other big name.

BigLion10

I just saw where Joe Ingles is finalizing a 4yr 52M dollar deal to stay in Utah

beach bum

Quote from: BigLion10 on July 01, 2017, 08:52:16 pm
I just saw where Joe Ingles is finalizing a 4yr 52M dollar deal to stay in Utah

Solid role player for sure.... He can guard some people and knocks down timely 3's.

BigLion10

GS signs Iguadola to a 3 year $45M deal

beach bum

Quote from: BigLion10 on July 01, 2017, 10:58:29 pm
GS signs Iguadola to a 3 year $45M deal

The Warriors are going to be paying a luxury tax like we have never seen before....

BigLion10

Rockets sign forward PJ Tucker to a 4 year $32M deal

BigLion10

Raptors sign Serge Ibaka to a 3 year $65M extension

BigLion10

Twolves sign Taj Gibson to a 2 yr $28M deal

BigLion10

Bulls and 2014 ROY Michael Carter-Williams agree to 1 year $2.7M deal

beach bum

Thanks for updates BigLion... keep them coming.

BigLion10

Kyle Korver signs a 3 year $22M deal extension with the Cavs

BigLion10

Rockets and Nene agree to a 3 year $11M deal

BigLion10

PG Kyle Lowry has signed a 3yr $100M extension with the Raptors

beach bum

I knew Lowry would stay with the Raptors.... He is a really good player but not elite. So I knew he would stay where the biggest pay day is with his current Raptor team.

BigLion10

BigLion10

July 02, 2017, 09:37:59 pm #86 Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 10:15:27 pm by BigLion10
Chicago Bulls sign SG Justin Holiday to a 2 year $9M deal

Longfellow

Paul Millsap signs 3 year deal with Denver worth 90million

BigLion10

Grizzlies and Ben McLemore agree to a 2 year $10.7M deal

beach bum

Quote from: Longfellow on July 02, 2017, 10:14:17 pm
Paul Millsap signs 3 year deal with Denver worth 90million

I did not see that coming at all.... If they did no conferences and took the top 16 teams I would guess 12 would come from the West now with all that talent out there.

mtindian42

July 03, 2017, 03:38:36 am #90 Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 03:53:18 am by mtindian42
Pg 13 will do big things in okc. But I'm glad we moved on he didn't want to be a pacer anymore this was best for both sides! Im excited about having victor oladipo...this guy has a major upside! The future is looking good in Indianapolis! Go Blue Go!

Hopefully sabonis can be a good addition as well!

With Pg 13 going west the rich just got richer! Lebron and the cavs will cruise through the east yet again. Don't see my pacers doing to much this upcoming season but man oh man is this young group promising in the future!

BigLion10

Warriors have resigned KD to a 2 year $53M deal

BigLion10

Pacers and PG Darren Collinson agree to a principle 2 yr $20M deal

BigLion10

I'm really enjoying watching Ice Cubes Big 3 league on FS1 it's entertaining

BigLion10

Zach Randolph has agreed to a 2 year $24M deal with the Kings

BigLion10

Gordon Heyward has picked the Celtics as the team he will sing with according to ESPN

mtindian42

Quote from: BigLion10 on July 04, 2017, 01:07:47 pm
Gordon Heyward has picked the Celtics as the team he will sing with according to ESPN
this don't make much sense...Boston just drafted Tatum and they already have jalen brown???

beach bum

Quote from: BigLion10 on July 04, 2017, 01:07:47 pm

His agent is denying that.... But we all know the believability of agents lol.

BigLion10

Kings and PG George Hill agree to a 3 year $57M deal

beach bum

I follow Gordon Hayward on facebook.... It is official he is going to Boston so the sources were true. He posted a heart felt letter to fans. It was really long but a good read.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas