• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hazen at Earl 2015 THE YEAR OF THE DOGGS

Started by BIGDOG, December 14, 2014, 07:53:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BIGDOG

We have a lot coming back next year. I think we will be ready to put a rout on Hazen.

WPWells

cav2012

Hornet4ever

BIGDOG

Hazen graduates way to much. Earl will dominate them. 2015 will be Earls year

Hornet4ever

Quote from: BIGDOG on December 14, 2014, 10:13:34 pm
Hazen graduates way to much. Earl will dominate them. 2015 will be Earls year
Cant win games if you watch the kick off roll to you with a blank stare. :D

BigBrother

Only way Earle  wins is if cramps count a point apiece s

bdubyab60

Earle graduates over half their team I believe. They do have Bohannon and Merritt back next year though.

Old Scrapper

Quote from: BIGDOG on December 14, 2014, 07:53:44 pm
We have a lot coming back next year. I think we will be ready to put a rout on Hazen.
If memory serves correctly you guys said the same thing in late August and early September leading up to the game, How did they work out for ya? Oh I forgot it was your first game.

Fence Jockey

Maybe need to just overlook these Dog's for a while and just humor them. Post-concussion syndrome does funny things to peoples minds and takes more than 2 weeks to clear up!

amehr36

Let's say theoretically it is "Earle's year". 2nd place is still the best you can hope for.

Old Scrapper

Quote from: amehr36 on December 15, 2014, 09:14:42 am
Let's say theoretically it is "Earle's year". 2nd place is still the best you can hope for.
Yep!!

Bodyguard

Yea, no one takes you serious until you win one...

BIGDOG

Quote from: Bodyguard on December 15, 2014, 02:41:54 pm

Week one next year we will show everybody. 2015 Year of the Doggs

big E

Don't Earle lose alot to? I was there for sr.night and I believe I counted 15 srs and there wasn't but 28 players.Thats more than half.

BIGDOG

We did lose players but we have the impact players back. Our QB will have D1 offers by next fall. 6 4" 220 lbs as a 9th grader. He may dominate 2A the next three years

Pick_DA_EAGLES

But isn't it still the first game of the year? All you Earle fans have spewing all season long is, yall are no good until at least mid season. You have got to make up your minds.

BIGDOG

We have been in semifinals the last two years. In 3A and 2A, don't think your eagles want any of Earl in 2015.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: BIGDOG on December 15, 2014, 03:28:41 pm
We have been in semifinals the last two years. In 3A and 2A, don't think your eagles want any of Earl in 2015.

Dude we went to title game last year and went out one week before you this year. And we didnt get mercy ruled this year till 2nd half and made them punt.

But the topic is earle and Hazen, who Earle doesn't want any of. So get back on the porch little yapper dog. 🐶🐶🐶🐶

cav2012

Hazen returns probably half of the starters. We will be ready

Outloud

If you cant run with the big dogs stay on the porch( or move to earl and get a fearless friday account!!!)

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: big E on December 15, 2014, 03:08:22 pm
Don't Earle lose alot to? I was there for sr.night and I believe I counted 15 srs and there wasn't but 28 players.Thats more than half.

13 seniors, only about eight played what I would call a big role on the team. They'll still be solid.

Hater

Hazen  will have no QB. And very limited line  and at least one good RB no disrespect to other players they just never got much playing time.  And a new head coach to go with the 3 new ones.

Old Scrapper

Quote from: BIGDOG on December 15, 2014, 02:59:04 pm
Quote from: Bodyguard on December 15, 2014, 02:41:54 pm

Week one next year we will show everybody. 2015 Year of the Doggs
ok so when Hazen Spanks that tail AGAIN promise us you won't use it's the first week of the season crap AGAIN!!!

Bodyguard

Shut the Heck up everybody, you just let a town with 756 people in it run off 3 consecutive championships on us, we discussing pennies, this game means nothing.... 756 people, what's really going on?

Outloud

Whats going on is jc coaching staff has instilled a work and reward ethic down there!! Put in the work and the reward is championships!! Every 2a school in the state needs the level of commitment the dragons have. Hazen had that level this year but came up short in the final game!! I hope the hornets are back up there in the near future to challenge the best program in 2a football in the state of arkansas!!! ( you cant be the man until you beat the man!!!!)

dragondad

December 15, 2014, 06:07:29 pm #26 Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 06:13:09 pm by dragondad
Quote from: Bodyguard on December 15, 2014, 05:23:18 pm
Shut the Heck up everybody, you just let a town with 756 people in it run off 3 consecutive championships on us, we discussing pennies, this game means nothing.... 756 people, what's really going on?
I believe the JC district is approximately 600 square miles.....its not contained just within the JC city limits. Parkers Chapel isn't even a city and they contend for state championships many years in baseball and basketball.

I'd ask what's going on with your turnout for football when your enrollment is larger than JC's. What's going on with your fanbase when your team makes the semi's and only a handful of fans shown up?

Outloud

756 people came to watch jc play hazen!!!!! Dang that means nobody was left in town down there!!!! Hey, dragondad, do yall have a bank in town?  If so, if hazen dont make it to wms next year, i am thinking of buying ski mask and coming down!!!!!!!!

dragondad

December 15, 2014, 07:16:00 pm #28 Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 07:19:36 pm by dragondad
Quote from: Outloud on December 15, 2014, 07:03:11 pm
756 people came to watch jc play hazen!!!!! Dang that means nobody was left in town down there!!!! Hey, dragondad, do yall have a bank in town?  If so, if hazen dont make it to wms next year, i am thinking of buying ski mask and coming down!!!!!!!!

A bank, a dollar store, a grocery/convienience store, a pharmacy, a florist, a feed store.

Oh, and a dollar store, a convenience  store, a checks for cash place and a bingo hall on the LA side.

Almost forgot the NAPA store and two saw mills.

And one full function traffic light....red, yellow, and green lights.....that may, or may not, flash after midnight.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Outloud

I know pick, but dang i cant do a bank job right across the street!!!!! Dragondad, what time place to get gas close? I may have to get gas to get back up north!

bleudog

Quote from: Outloud on December 15, 2014, 09:25:05 pm
I know pick, but dang i cant do a bank job right across the street!!!!! Dragondad, what time place to get gas close? I may have to get gas to get back up north!

Make sure you know what side of that one stop light you're on if you decide against the bank.  Robbin' the wrong convenience store will qualify you for the three hots and a cot special at the Angola Bed and Breakfast.  :'(

Dragon I

Your QB is not 6'4".  He looked up to kids on JC that aren't 6'4".  If he does have D1 offers, it won't be at QB.  He has tremendous upside, much like Jamario Bell, but he has a long way to go before getting  D1 offers at QB. 

dragondad

The LA side stays open until 11:00 I think. The AR side shuts down at 7:00

Bodyguard

Quote from: Outloud on December 15, 2014, 05:41:19 pm
Whats going on is jc coaching staff has instilled a work and reward ethic down there!! Put in the work and the reward is championships!! Every 2a school in the state needs the level of commitment the dragons have. Hazen had that level this year but came up short in the final game!! I hope the hornets are back up there in the near future to challenge the best program in 2a football in the state of arkansas!!! ( you cant be the man until you beat the man!!!!)

I think that it's some serious fudging of numbers down there buddy... You guys are really a 4A school circumventing the system. But if the AAA don't care, who are we?

bleudog

Quote from: Bodyguard on December 15, 2014, 10:21:48 pm
Quote from: Outloud on December 15, 2014, 05:41:19 pm

I think that it's some serious fudging of numbers down there buddy... You guys are really a 4A school circumventing the system. But if the AAA don't care, who are we?

One shouldn't think when one's not used to it.  ::)

Bodyguard

I mean there was just a census a few years ago, is the sign accurate or not?

Bodyguard

dragondad#1

What's the point, this ? Has been asked and answered a 100 times and people keep doubting and making excuses whining....think what you want...

bleudog

Quote from: Bodyguard on December 15, 2014, 10:46:12 pm
What's the true school enrollment? True?

The high school (7th - 12th grades) enrollment:

Fall 2012 – 344
Fall 2013 – 338
Fall 2014 – 340

http://junctioncity.k12.ar.us/uploads/pdf/2014-2015/ADMIN/2014-15%20Annual%20Report%20to%20Public%2010-14-14.pdf (page 24)

HorseFeathers

Someone explain to me again, why a small school like Junction City would fudge the numbers to the point they are costing themselves nearly a million dollars in the yearly budget???

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Bodyguard on December 15, 2014, 10:44:57 pm

Really trying to base a schools classification off of it's town size? Sooooo.....Guess Hector with their measley ole 450 people in town should just drop football...No way we can compete with the average 2A size town...

bleudog

December 15, 2014, 11:10:46 pm #42 Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 11:14:09 pm by bleudog
As far as the sign goes, probably not.  The 2010 census had the corporate population at 568.  So there isn't really any hurry to show the loss of population from 2000.

The corporate area of Junction City, AR is 1.1 square miles.

The school district encompasses 212 square miles (most of which is populated by pine trees).

WPWells

Are you sure it's 212 square miles? That's huge

Bodyguard

Quote from: HF on December 15, 2014, 11:06:06 pm

Really trying to base a schools classification off of it's town size? Sooooo.....Guess Hector with their measley ole 450 people in town should just drop football...No way we can compete with the average 2A size town...

Ok, 756 people in town but over 40 kids on a football roster and you've got a band also with dudes, mathematically this is not possible. What's really going on? Fudge to win? Really, what's the deal?

cav2012

Quote from: HF on December 15, 2014, 11:02:02 pm
Someone explain to me again, why a small school like Junction City would fudge the numbers to the point they are costing themselves nearly a million dollars in the yearly budget???
Agreed, I still hate jc but in no way are they fudging the numbers. I think there dominance lies in the fact of coaching and being on the higher end of 2a numbers. Hazen if we're lucky average about 45 kids a grade, jc has about 57. The fact of the matter is more kids=better chance at athletes. All it takes is one or two players in 2a to make a difference. Jc has been fortunate enough to have those 1 or 2 come through every year. The fishing hole will dry up soon enough to the rest of 2a's benefit. Please feel free to rip this post apart. No hard feelings

bleudog

December 15, 2014, 11:23:56 pm #46 Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 11:35:34 pm by bleudog
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 15, 2014, 11:13:04 pm
Are you sure it's 212 square miles? That's huge

TWSS

But seriously, if you don't count the Norphlet-Smackover consolidation, there are 6 school districts in Union County.  Union County has 1,055 square miles.  Here's what they look like:

Pit Bull

Maybe we should launch a probe but then again, who really cares???

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Bodyguard on December 15, 2014, 11:17:30 pm
Quote from: HF on December 15, 2014, 11:06:06 pm

Ok, 756 people in town but over 40 kids on a football roster and you've got a band also with dudes, mathematically this is not possible. What's really going on? Fudge to win? Really, what's the deal?

Hector has 450(if you want I'll take a picture of the sign that's across from my driveway), dressed out 41 kids for the game against Rison in the 2nd round...Rison dressed out 48 for that same game, why is their no uproar about them?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: cav2012 on December 15, 2014, 11:21:41 pm
Quote from: HF on December 15, 2014, 11:02:02 pm
Agreed, I still hate jc but in no way are they fudging the numbers. I think there dominance lies in the fact of coaching and being on the higher end of 2a numbers. Hazen if we're lucky average about 45 kids a grade, jc has about 57. The fact of the matter is more kids=better chance at athletes. All it takes is one or two players in 2a to make a difference. Jc has been fortunate enough to have those 1 or 2 come through every year. The fishing hole will dry up soon enough to the rest of 2a's benefit. Please feel free to rip this post apart. No hard feelings

This might be your best post EVER 8)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas