• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Small school vs Big school

Started by Dragon I, December 07, 2014, 08:12:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Am I the only one sitting here thinking, yes Junction City is good...But there is a huge difference in the overall speed/overall team talent between 2A and 4A?

Not saying the Dragons wouldn't compete/win, but I think it would be more of a struggle than most are thinking. 4A Semi-Finalist Dardanelle would have mercy ruled every 2A/3A team I watched in person this year(They did beat 3A Semi-Finalist Booneville by 28 earlier in the year)...

WPWells

The bigger issue is the depth. 12th Man has said all year that Charleston has the talent to play a lot of teams for the first half, but the second half the 6A and 7A depth would take over (for some teams).

STUNNA

All you need to do is look at warren... They are the only team that really steps out of there class to play the big boys.. And have not had much success in doing so. But that's not why they play up.

Proud Buckaroo

I think if Warren had two-three more studs. They could have won against FSS.

STUNNA

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 10, 2014, 08:43:53 pm
I think if Warren had two-three more studs. They could have won against FSS.
I think they win the game if their best receiver isn't ejected on the first series. But they still could have won the game and should have. But they are a better team because of playing them.

Proud Buckaroo

I think playing up like that is really tough and all, but it plays a huge factor in how far your playoff run goes. You learn to overcome the depth issue, and are able to play full four quarters against teams that may struggle playing a whole game.

STUNNA

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 10, 2014, 08:48:13 pm
I think playing up like that is really tough and all, but it plays a huge factor in how far your playoff run goes. You learn to overcome the depth issue, and are able to play full four quarters against teams that may struggle playing a whole game.
Bo Hembree doesn't start any players both ways in the first three games of the season.

green-eagle

Quote from: STUNNA on December 10, 2014, 11:11:13 am
Quote from: amehr36 on December 10, 2014, 10:59:38 am
Up to 4A. I think we'd definitely win more than we lost (3A I think we'd win against anyone including charleston). 5a and up I legit think we'd be a solid .500 team or a little better.

I think junction city could have won possibly 5/8 of the 4A conferences..

Really!  You got one legit speedster this year, and you going to play against teams that will normally have four per team each year!

Have you watch much 4A football!

dragondad

Quote from: green-eagle on December 11, 2014, 06:21:18 am
Up to 4A. I think we'd definitely win more than we lost (3A I think we'd win against anyone including charleston). 5a and up I legit think we'd be a solid .500 team or a little better.

Really!  You got one legit speedster this year, and you going to play against teams that will normally have four per team each year!

One legit speedster?? HA!

Dragon I

I can't tell if he's serious.  I know he's talking about Dancy, but Dancy is the third fastest on the team.

STUNNA

I am not a junction city fan. Read more and you will know where I am from. I think they could compete for the title possibly in all of them except the 84A/74A/44A.

Astate37

That's what a lot of people that haven't actually seen JC play don't understand, is just how much speed they have...It's way more than just one or two guys. There are a lot of teams in this state that wish they could put that kind of speed on the field and for a 2A team to be able to is absurd. Combine that with the spread that Coach runs now that takes full advantage of that speed by getting players out in space and it's no surprise they overwhelm opposing defenses.

Sad to say, but this will be the first JC championship game I will miss... :'( :'( :'( I bought Garth Brooks tickets before realizing it was the same night of the game.

cuz

Quote from: Astate37 on December 11, 2014, 09:17:26 am
That's what a lot of people that haven't actually seen JC play don't understand, is just how much speed they have...It's way more than just one or two guys. There are a lot of teams in this state that wish they could put that kind of speed on the field and for a 2A team to be able to is absurd. Combine that with the spread that Coach runs now that takes full advantage of that speed by getting players out in space and it's no surprise they overwhelm opposing defenses.

Sad to say, but this will be the first JC championship game I will miss... :'( :'( :'( I bought Garth Brooks tickets before realizing it was the same night of the game.
Taking a old washed up Okie country singer, over JC football, bound to be a woman involved......... ;D

Astate37

Quote from: cuz on December 11, 2014, 09:23:16 am

Taking a old washed up Okie country singer, over JC football, bound to be a woman involved......... ;D

Hahaha actually not this time go figure. I don't even listen to country all that much anymore but couldn't pass up the chance, may not get another opportunity to do so. And honestly if I thought it was going to be much of a game I'd be there. Still hate that I'll be missing it though, hopefully I get the chance to watch them in the Rock next year.  ;)

cuz

Quote from: Astate37 on December 11, 2014, 10:11:34 am
Quote from: cuz on December 11, 2014, 09:23:16 am

Hahaha actually not this time go figure. I don't even listen to country all that much anymore but couldn't pass up the chance, may not get another opportunity to do so. And honestly if I thought it was going to be much of a game I'd be there. Still hate that I'll be missing it though, hopefully I get the chance to watch them in the Rock next year.  ;)
I hear ya, he does put on a heck of a show. Good chance those boys will be back. They'll be young but we have some talented freshman moving up and a good Junior class who will be seniors........

panther07

Quote from: STUNNA on December 11, 2014, 09:10:21 am

I am not a junction city fan. Read more and you will know where I am from. I think they could compete for the title possibly in all of them except the 84A/74A/44A.

If their posters see this, I'll be in trouble, but who cares.  I watched Nashville get beat pretty soundly by Dardanelle.  Nashville is not that great.  Pettway is a stud, obviously.  The QB can run a little.  I don't think they would out athlete JC at all.  I think JC would give Nashville, who won their conference, all they wanted, and might beat them. 

STUNNA

Nashville won arguably the toughest conference in 4A. They just happened to play a very good Dardanelle team that put them out this year.

green-eagle

for those folks that believe that JC can play with larger school, I got a challenge.. so bare with me, this can work but it needs input, support and action on not only the folks in JC but several in Union county and around the state. Here we go:

...JC need to petition the State to have the Strong school district consolidate with their district.
....folks need to have the State Education Board to accept this consolidation.
...folks need to petition the AAA governing body to incorporate this consolidation into the school cycle 2015-2016..

these additional kids will move JC to the upper enrollment level of the 3A or bottom 4A......

Now, its is not to far fetch since Strong school district has fell below the min. 350 student average......if this plan can be place in action SOON! then maybe just maybe Strong may keep their elementary school for a few years, and if not, then Strong will be dissolve and kids will liking have the rights to attend three different school district...Eldorado, Parker Chapel, and Crossett...... so gentlemen the plan has been layed out...get to work.

dragondad

Quote from: green-eagle on December 11, 2014, 02:31:09 pm

for those folks that believe that JC can play with larger school, I got a challenge.. so bare with me, this can work but it needs input, support and action on not only the folks in JC but several in Union county and around the state. Here we go:

...JC need to petition the State to have the Strong school district consolidate with their district.
....folks need to have the State Education Board to accept this consolidation.
...folks need to petition the AAA governing body to incorporate this consolidation into the school cycle 2015-2016..

these additional kids will move JC to the upper enrollment level of the 3A or bottom 4A......

Now, its is not to far fetch since Strong school district has fell below the min. 350 student average......if this plan can be place in action SOON! then maybe just maybe Strong may keep their elementary school for a few years, and if not, then Strong will be dissolve and kids will liking have the rights to attend three different school district...Eldorado, Parker Chapel, and Crossett...... so gentlemen the plan has been layed out...get to work.

No, it would literally bankrupt us. These are the two districts in the county with the highest poverty level, lowest income, and smallest tax base. There's no benefit to the kids in our existing school district by adding the Strong/Huttig/Felsenthal kids. The transportation alone would be enormous, not to mention the cost of operating two facilities 30+ miles apart. Felsenthal to JC would be 50 miles. Strong/Huttig is in a tough spot enrollment wise, but it's not an option for us here in JC to bring then into our district. El Dorado has the funding and infrastructure to absorb them and never miss a step.

FD4

Responding to Hornet, look up an archive in the DG, the head line read, "Nothing Proved".  That was a headline after Shiloh Christian under Malzan had just played Springdale in a 2A vs 7A which ended up in a 7 to 7 tie.  It can happen.

fbisgreat

Quote from: dragondad on December 10, 2014, 07:14:26 pm
Quote from: fbisgreat on December 10, 2014, 06:47:24 pm
Warren would beat jc BY 30 OR MORE.

Nope!!! Put the crack pipe down before you rot your teeth.
That crack pipe was good,but the only team you played that was real good was Smackover.The rest of the teams you beat was down this year or not very good.

green-eagle

Quote from: fbisgreat on December 11, 2014, 04:42:15 pm

That crack pipe was good,but the only team you played that was real good was Smackover.The rest of the teams you beat was down this year or not very good.

Crack pipe or not! Warren beats everyone by 30!!!! Except for this last game

Proud Buckaroo

neutral field
[2014] Warren (AR) 31, [2014] Junction City (AR) 28

What were you saying? 8)

dragondad

Quote from: green-eagle on December 11, 2014, 08:20:58 pm
Quote from: fbisgreat on December 11, 2014, 04:42:15 pm

Crack pipe or not! Warren beats everyone by 30!!!! Except for this last game

Not saying JC would definitely win, but Warren would not win by 30 or more....not this year, nor last year.

JC Guy

Yeah I'm riding with you on that one Dragondad.

dragondad

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 11, 2014, 08:35:36 pm
neutral field
[2014] Warren (AR) 31, [2014] Junction City (AR) 28

What were you saying? 8)

USA today says JC would be an 11 pt favorite on neutral field and an 8 pt favorite in Warren.

STUNNA

I don't think we would beat JC by 40 but I do think we would beat them by around 14 or so.

green-eagle

Quote from: STUNNA on December 11, 2014, 08:57:52 pm
I don't think we would beat JC by 40 but I do think we would beat them by around 14 or so.

I pretty sure Warren would score 42!

I am not sure that JC could beat Smackover today! Yes they beat them at the beginning of the season , but what about now?

STUNNA

Quote from: green-eagle on December 11, 2014, 09:23:17 pm
Quote from: STUNNA on December 11, 2014, 08:57:52 pm

I pretty sure Warren would score 42!

I am not sure that JC could beat Smackover today! Yes they beat them at the beginning of the season , but what about now?

And what makes you think that they wouldn't beat smackover again? I think Warren and Dolarway would beat them. I'm not sure about star city, crossett, or Hamburg. I think JC and Hamburg would be a heck of a game for some reason.

JC Guy

I will make the case that JC would beat them again. First it was the first game for both teams and JC had a ton of first game mistakes that you don't see now at this point in the season. Second I don't know if your aware but 12 points got scored by Smackover off two drives we had them stopped fourth and long but committed a penalty to help them keep the drives alive. Third thing is the JC defense this deep in the season is much better as a unit than the first game. So with all that said I feel the best chance for them to beat JC was the first game. I noticed on some other boards that some of the Buck fans talk about cramps playing a part of it and to that I would say that's part of the game. Not bashing that team at all they are good however they had conditioning problems in seven on seven as well as the scrimmage they played against Crossett. No doubt they are better now but so is JC!

JC Guy

Stunna after watching the bucks scrimmage Crossett I will tell you without a doubt JC wins that one. They had no answer at all for the bucks speed and I feel JC would do the same.

Hornet4ever

Junction City wins out in 2A with ease, move to 3A possibly wins out again, move to 4A and Warren and Dardanelle arrive to fight with the dragons. Just dont see JC handling Warren in 4A. Not saying they dont contend, but winning is doubtful.

JC Guy

I feel thats a fair assessment. Hornet we aren't all way off base down here.

STUNNA

One thing you start seeing more and more of when you move up in classes is the quality of the coaches you face. I don't think you have to have a huge roster to be successful either. I do think it helps when you don't have players going both ways.  But playing up is just a hard task because there are so many factors that come into play when facing a school bigger than you. Especially the good powerhouses.

JC Guy

What people don't understand that want to hate on JC. One -think just because a school is in a larger classification they will just overwhelm JC by numbers. I played at a 6a school and we dressed around 80 for home games but maybe 25 or 30 step on the field during the game. ( JC will play almost that many in a contested game). Two - they think well the bigger schools have stronger kids. Also not true ( JC won state in weights. The whole state 7A down). Three - people think the kids are faster in big schools which is also not true. Check out our track guys on average against the big schools. With all that said I am not saying we call out the whole state but I am saying that all the haters need to realize that JC is good most years but this team is special ( depth, speed, strength, coach able, football smart and just plain physical). I feel they for one game can line up and test most all comers up to 4A.

STUNNA

Quote from: JC Guy on December 11, 2014, 10:44:36 pm
What people don't understand that want to hate on JC. One -think just because a school is in a larger classification they will just overwhelm JC by numbers. I played at a 6a school and we dressed around 80 for home games but maybe 25 or 30 step on the field during the game. ( JC will play almost that many in a contested game). Two - they think well the bigger schools have stronger kids. Also not true ( JC won state in weights. The whole state 7A down). Three - people think the kids are faster in big schools which is also not true. Check out our track guys on average against the big schools. With all that said I am not saying we call out the whole state but I am saying that all the haters need to realize that JC is good most years but this team is special ( depth, speed, strength, coach able, football smart and just plain physical). I feel they for one game can line up and test most all comers up to 4A.
You would be suprised in how big a difference it is playing up more than one class

JC Guy

I agree with that. The area I came from in south Alabama you would see a lot of the small guys mixing it up with the bigger schools due to not wanting to travel so far to fill a schedule. The point I was trying to get across (not to you but the people that can't believe this team this year is this loaded " could we beat the Bucks again ")was this group of young men aren't your average Joe's. With that said we face a good team this weekend and if we don't come out ready to play they will make it tough on us but up to this point the kids have not shown any sign of not being completely focused.

2010Tigerhaz-been

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 10, 2014, 05:58:30 pm
Nope but 12th Man is glad you envy him

You're a random poster on a high school sports forum. Why you think any one has any reason to envy you is beyond ridiculous.

who-knew

Quote from: JC Guy on December 11, 2014, 11:06:31 pm
I agree with that. The area I came from in south Alabama you would see a lot of the small guys mixing it up with the bigger schools due to not wanting to travel so far to fill a schedule. The point I was trying to get across (not to you but the people that can't believe this team this year is this loaded " could we beat the Bucks again ")was this group of young men aren't your average Joe's. With that said we face a good team this weekend and if we don't come out ready to play they will make it tough on us but up to this point the kids have not shown any sign of not being completely focused.
Very well put into perspective.  If both teams show up and play Saturday it will be a good one to watch.

WPWells

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Your third example, is not correct, i just looked at the dash (100 and 200) and relay results and i only saw one 2A team repped in all of those and he got beat by 4 seconds.

mtindian42

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 12, 2014, 05:15:24 am

Your third example, is not correct, i just looked at the dash (100 and 200) and relay results and i only saw one 2A team repped in all of those and he got beat by 4 seconds.
lol... pick shot that down  like a saucer out of the sky. nice shot pick...

JC Guy

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: JC Guy on December 12, 2014, 02:12:46 pm
Key word was average!

But the average kid is not what we are talking about.

JC Guy

You can spin what I said however you care to its a free world.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: JC Guy on December 12, 2014, 02:24:47 pm
You can spin what I said however you care to its a free world.

Well post some stats to back up what you said.

JC Guy

You already stated you have the means to check for your self so I don't need to do that for you. While you are checking for stats you may want to check and see if the guys that are elite track guys are also playing football. Also follow the post back and notice Hornet and I talked about up to 4A. Have fun in your research. Let's recap so we don't spin it. Our skill players on average against the skill players up to 4A ( never said we go beat any of them in a track meet ). Feel free to come back with your stats that prove OUR FOOTBALL PLAYERS AS A TEAM CAN'T RUN ON A FOOTBALL FIELD WITH THEM.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Your post plainly states track guys, and big schools. So you are the one spinning things to back track on a statement that i just plainly said wasnt true.

JC Guy

Go back and read. We are talking about football on this thread aren't we? Can't do anything about how you interrupt what I said. I will give you I should have said (that play football) so all the haters have no way to spin it. With all this effort to try and prove me wrong I take it you all so disagree that JC pushes any team up to 4A?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: JC Guy on December 12, 2014, 03:42:30 pm
Go back and read. We are talking about football on this thread aren't we? Can't do anything about how you interrupt what I said. I will give you I should have said (that play football) so all the haters have no way to spin it. With all this effort to try and prove me wrong I take it you all so disagree that JC pushes any team up to 4A?

Look guy, i didnt post your comment, so i dont know what you want me to do. You cannot go back and say well i meant to post such and such just to make my point invalid. I dont know how far up j.c. could compete.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas