• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 7A State Bracket / Bentonville defeats Fayetteville in 5

Started by sevenof400, October 15, 2014, 08:02:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

Click here for the 7A state bracket and please discuss! 

2014 Class 7A State Volleyball ‐ Oct 28 ‐ Oct 30 Host by Fayetteville High School
Finals ‐ Nov 1 at Hot Springs Convention Center ‐ ( Summit Arena)

Brian G

Bentonville has pretty much assured the W1.  SSide and FHS are playing for the 2 and the other will get likely get third.  SSide swept FHS at FHS the first time through but lost to Har-Ber.

Northside has been eliminated.

rudycharlie

I agree that we should just go ahead and pencil in( in fact go ahead and use ink!) Bentonville all the way to the finals in Hot Springs.  Southside should take Fayetteville tonite ( again...beat them in the Fayetteville tourney earlier and in their first conference play also).  That'll put Southside with a 2nd in 7A West and a bye.  Irregardless of tonite's decision, it should be Fayetteville vs Southside again in the bottom half of the semis in the State tourney.

Southside lost early to HarBer but since redeemed themselves in convincing wins both at the Fayetteville tourney and at HarBer.  Bentonville will be hard to beat in the finals. 

Brian G

Springdale is out as well.  6 teams are set except for seeding.

Vballfan

1E NLR
2E Cabot
3E LR Central

Last I saw 6W would be Rogers or Rogers Heritage?

Brian G

1. Bentonville
2. Southside
3. Fayetteville
4. Har-Ber I think
5. Heritage I think
6. Rogers

Vballfan

Bentonville and Southside or maybe Fayetteville appear to have the best shot to meet in the finals. Bentonville appears to be a product of excellent club coaching combined with good high school coaching.  Same with Southside. Not sure on Fayetteville other than I am familiar with their freshman who appear to have very high ceilings. Har-Ber also has some talent but appear below those 3.  After this year I would guess Fayetteville may catapult into the favorite position based on their young talent.

NLR is athletic with good coaching and beat Russellville early, but have struggled later in the season giving up sets to average teams but still winning the matches. They also lost a good sophomore hitter to injury. Conway is the best 7A team in central arkansas but that isn't saying that much compared to the west. Lr central is athletic but not overly skilled. Cabot has faded as the season has gone along.  They showed some promise at times but are inconsistent at best.  Sophomore Madison Brown could make an impact vs Bentonville if they get by rogers but I predict Bentonville defeats Southside in the finals. 

Good club creates tradition which makes all the difference in high school volleyball, appreciate what y'all have!

rudycharlie

A couple questions remain in the 7A State tourney: Does North Little Rock have a chance against Fayetteville? And can the Conway team take HarBer in the quarterfinals?  I have never seen the North Little Rock team play but knew they had a dismal showing in the Conway tourney a few weeks ago not even making the Gold Bracket in the afternoon.  Fayetteville has drastically improved since last year and have the "real deal" in their left handed freshman OH.  Fayetteville would love to have one more chance at Southside in the semis.  Fayetteville is 0-3 vs SS but their last match went to 5 sets and they seem to get better and better. 

Bentonville will take care of whoever comes out of the HarBer/Conway match but the quarterfinal match should prove interesting pitting a #4 7A West seed vs a #1 7A Central seed.  HarBer has won their last 5 matches and seems to be getting it together.  Conway could really be proud of themselves defeating a good 7A West team.

It should be a Bentonville/Southside rematch this year going to 5 sets.  Whoever serves/receives the best wins the match.  Both teams with excellent outside scorers and the first pass will be critical for the winner to emerge.

Vballfan

Cabot falls to Rogers 3-2. 
Rogers won the first two sets, Cabot took the next two, Rogers had Cabot down 9-0 in the 5th and Cabot came back with Rogers winning the 5th 16-14. 

Brian G

Brian G

FHS swept NLR
SS over Heritage 3-1
BHS over Rogers 3-0
Conway over HB 3-1

Thursday Schedule:
FHS vs SS
Conway vs Bentonville

Valleysports

I would expect 7A Bentonville to handle Conway easily, since 6A Russellville has, the last 4 times they've played, this season.  Just sayin.......  Good Luck to both teams!

Brian G

Bentonville over Conway in 5.  Conway lead 2-1.

SSide and FHS going to the 5th now.

Valleysports

Brian G

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas