• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Most talented kid in 4a?

Started by Lavar ball 45, December 05, 2017, 12:38:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lavar ball 45

Anyone in 4a seem really special this year? Any upcoming talent?

prHOG13

Treylon Burks at Warren is the top player in the state regardless of classification

Other great players:
-Ladarrius Bishop of Ashdown
-Drew Winn of Pea Ridge
-Zion Hatley of Arkadelphia
-Caezar Warren of Robinson
-Detravion Green of Ashdown

AirWarren

December 05, 2017, 02:55:14 pm #2 Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 02:57:02 pm by AirWarren
Quote from: prHOG13 on December 05, 2017, 02:48:41 pm
Treylon Burks at Warren is the top player in the state regardless of classification

Other great players:
-Ladarrius Bishop of Ashdown
-Drew Winn of Pea Ridge
-Zion Hatley of Arkadelphia
-Caezar Warren of Robinson
-Detravion Green of Ashdown

I think Caezar Warren would be a fantastic LB. I wish he could get on at Arkansas. He seems like a Sam "Butu" type player or Martrell Spaight type player.

bigchief72455

Devon Adams Qb Pocahontas. Very athletic and talented player.

THE D.O.C

STUNNA

Best football player in the state is treylon Burks.
Warren from Robinson
Bishop/Hill from Ashdown
Winn from pea ridge
Hatley from Arkadelphia
Jimerson from Malvern
McKnight/ Miller from warren
Page from Robinson
All these guys are also very talented football players

prHOG13

Quote from: AirWarren on December 05, 2017, 02:55:14 pm
I think Caezar Warren would be a fantastic LB. I wish he could get on at Arkansas. He seems like a Sam "Butu" type player or Martrell Spaight type player.
Agree, I think Spaight is a very nice comparison... and will have to take a similar route by going JUCO. Hope he can have the same success.

LION Dad

Austin Obrien would need to be in this comversaion led the 1-4a in total rushing (with only 11 games) was voted 1-4a back if the yr holds the record at Gravette for single season rushing record

Lumberjackfan1978

Lot's of talented players in 4A but Burks is the best in the state

polksalet

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Every player on the Nashville Jr high team...

BP74

I get to see Burks for the first time Saturday in person. His highlights don't disappoint. He could possibly be best player to come out of this state since Basil Shabazz from Pine Bluff in the 90's.

AirWarren

Quote from: BP74 on December 06, 2017, 08:34:42 am
I get to see Burks for the first time Saturday in person. His highlights don't disappoint. He could possibly be best player to come out of this state since Basil Shabazz from Pine Bluff in the 90's.

I thought I would never say the day that Warren would have a kid better than Bret Smith....but I feel the day has come.

Difference in Shabazz and Burks.....one does fantastic in school and the other one didn't.......

Chad Morris better plant someone in Warren, AR and Earle, AR.

Pat Swilling

Quote from: STUNNA on December 05, 2017, 09:19:32 pm
Best football player in the state is treylon Burks.
Warren from Robinson
Bishop/Hill from Ashdown
Winn from pea ridge
Hatley from Arkadelphia
Jimerson from Malvern
McKnight/ Miller from warren
Page from Robinson
All these guys are also very talented football players

Burks is a great player but not sure if he is best in state.  Conner Noland pretty good at football also.

STUNNA

Quote from: Pat Swilling on December 06, 2017, 08:56:26 am
Burks is a great player but not sure if he is best in state.  Conner Noland pretty good at football also.

Lol... Burks is an SEC player at multiple positions. The best to come out of Arkansas in a long time.

AirWarren

Quote from: Pat Swilling on December 06, 2017, 08:56:26 am

Does Noland return kickoffs, punt returns for touchdowns?

Does he make interceptions and take them for pick 6's?

Does he play LB, QB, and WR?

Does he have rushing touchdowns and receiving touchdowns?

Noland is good and I can't wait to see him in Hog red......but #13 is a junior and is putting up just as good if not better numbers as the kid in GW.

STUNNA

Burks is a once in a generation player for the state of Arkansas

BP74

If Burks stays healthy, he will be very special. The really special players make everything look so easy that you almost wonder why they are soo good watching them. He is that type. The kid just doesn't seem to have any wasted motions on the football field.

I hope he wastes a few motions on Saturday. Lol

Pat Swilling

Quote from: AirWarren on December 06, 2017, 08:59:54 am
Does Noland return kickoffs, punt returns for touchdowns?

Does he make interceptions and take them for pick 6's?

Does he play LB, QB, and WR?

Does he have rushing touchdowns and receiving touchdowns?

Noland is good and I can't wait to see him in Hog red......but #13 is a junior and is putting up just as good if not better numbers as the kid in GW.
Noland doesn't have to play defense, return kicks, reciever.  He plays at 6A Greenwood.  They have other great players also.  In 4A you have to use your best kids on both sides of the ball.  Happens everywhere.  Both are great players.  Burks is just a man among boys in his classification.  Good luck Warren this week.

BP74

Quote from: Pat Swilling on December 06, 2017, 09:20:09 am
Noland doesn't have to play defense, return kicks, reciever.  He plays at 6A Greenwood.  They have other great players also.  In 4A you have to use your best kids on both sides of the ball.  Happens everywhere.  Both are great players.  Burks is just a man among boys in his classification.  Good luck Warren this week.

Well, we know where your bias lies. I have absolutely no ties to Warren or or Burks, so my comments are strictly based on what I see. Noland is a very talented player as well, just not Burks type all around.

And BTW, Arkadelphia does not have a two way player and they will be playing for a state title this weekend.

AirWarren

Quote from: BP74 on December 06, 2017, 09:34:02 am
Well, we know where your bias lies. I have absolutely no ties to Warren or or Burks, so my comments are strictly based on what I see. Noland is a very talented player as well, just not Burks type all around.

And BTW, Arkadelphia does not have a two way player and they will be playing for a state title this weekend.

We have also had seasons where we didn't have two way players. Set offense. Set defense.

Things have changed over the past couple of weeks though. Our best players will be on the field at all times.

hogfan10

Quote from: AirWarren on December 06, 2017, 09:41:20 am

We have also had seasons where we didn't have two way players. Set offense. Set defense.

Things have changed over the past couple of weeks though. Our best players will be on the field at all times.

We haven't had two way players for 5/6 years now. Sometimes I wish we did; like the last time we played Warren.

Pat Swilling

I'm just saying that if Burks were playing against GW, PA, Bentonville, NLR, that he couldn't dominate the entire game like he does for Warren.  He would probably be the best player on the field though. 

BP74

I know it remains to be seen, but I think Burks will dominate even on SEC level. Noland may as well, possibly football and baseball for him.

Pat Swilling

Quote from: BP74 on December 06, 2017, 09:54:43 am
I know it remains to be seen, but I think Burks will dominate even on SEC level. Noland may as well, possibly football and baseball for him.

I hope your right.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: AirWarren on December 06, 2017, 09:41:20 am

Another reason for 2 way players at Warren is participation numbers.

Maynard G Krebs

Qhcaoc

Quote from: THE D.O.C on December 05, 2017, 09:06:17 pm
Demias Jimerson- Malvern

Good athlete but not competitive enough to be in this list, was a monster against bad teams but in the few games I saw him he would shut it down quick when things didnt go his way

STUNNA

Their is a reason he is a top 50 player in the country. He is an SEC player at multiple positions. And in fact if he concentrated on just playing qb no doubt in my mind he could play it at the Division 1 level. He is a once in a generation talent regardless of what classification or state he is playing in.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: STUNNA on December 06, 2017, 10:43:58 am
Their is a reason he is a top 50 player in the country. He is an SEC player at multiple positions. And in fact if he concentrated on just playing qb no doubt in my mind he could play it at the Division 1 level. He is a once in a generation talent regardless of what classification or state he is playing in.

Hes got the arm for it. Quick and snappy with no effort.  Could probably make a Vince Young type of qb with the work. 

AirWarren

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 06, 2017, 11:10:36 am
Hes got the arm for it. Quick and snappy with no effort.  Could probably make a Vince Young type of qb with the work. 

If this Chad Morris thing comes to fruition......things just got a little easier to get GB and TB on the same team at Arkansas.

Redlinebacker32

December 06, 2017, 12:19:55 pm #31 Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 12:49:09 pm by Redlinebacker32
Trey Williams from Waldron is one heck of an athlete. He carried that group to the playoffs after years of dissapointment. Definitely one of the best athletes to come through Scott County IMO.

STUNNA

Quote from: AirWarren on December 06, 2017, 11:21:10 am
If this Chad Morris thing comes to fruition......things just got a little easier to get GB and TB on the same team at Arkansas.

Look up Courtland Sutton from smu and tell me who he reminds you of.. lol

SUGARTOWN

bigchief72455

According to several sources the deal for Morris is done. Morris is trying to convince Venables to become DC at UA.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: bigchief72455 on December 06, 2017, 12:45:46 pm
According to several sources the deal for Morris is done. Morris is trying to convince Venables to become DC at UA.

Yes, Morris will be announced officially tomorrow. Now he needs to go get Gerry Bohannon.

Redlinebacker32

AirWarren

Quote from: STUNNA on December 06, 2017, 12:24:40 pm
Look up Courtland Sutton from smu and tell me who he reminds you of.. lol

HA. Interesting.

Danold Dump

The Dump says Treylon Burks.  Does it all.  Big kid too.  Knows the game..classification don't matter....dump out

prHOG13

Man I hope so. When I first started hearing rumblings of this hire the first two names I thought of were Treylon Burks and Jason Jackson (Bentonville West). Both are perfect for the offense we're about to have.

polksalet

Quote from: STUNNA on December 06, 2017, 09:01:47 am
Burks is a once in a generation player for the state of Arkansas

You never saw Sosa in person.

OLDSCHOOL82

SUGARTOWN

STUNNA

Quote from: polksalet on December 06, 2017, 02:14:31 pm

Stud for sure. But Burks impacts the game in every aspect of the game.

THE D.O.C

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 06, 2017, 02:22:26 pm
Poor fellow's been bleached:

That's not from bleach that's from not playing outside.

Maynard G Krebs

Overdahill

Quote from: polksalet on December 06, 2017, 02:14:31 pm

I never saw a guy that big house kick returns. It was fun to see

phdefense

I understand the point you are trying to make but Drew Morgan played both ways at Greenwood. I think that proves that if a kid is good enough Rick Jones will play them both ways.

Thatoneguy2

Hayden Holtgrewe(Pea Ridge)- 83 receptions
                                             1271 yards
                                             15.3 avg
                                             15 tds

Drew Winn(Pea Ridge)-           276 carries
                                            2285 yards
                                            32 tds
                                            8.3 avg
                                            163.2 yards per game
                                            13 100+ games

Redlinebacker32

Quote from: Thatoneguy2 on December 06, 2017, 07:46:49 pm
Hayden Holtgrewe(Pea Ridge)- 83 receptions
                                             1271 yards
                                             15.3 avg
                                             15 tds

Drew Winn(Pea Ridge)-           276 carries
                                            2285 yards
                                            32 tds
                                            8.3 avg
                                            163.2 yards per game
                                            13 100+ games

Definitely two really talented athletes. Any word on next level opportunities?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas