• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Waldron's on road to Success

Started by DogsWin7, March 02, 2012, 08:48:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

How many games will Waldron win in 2013?

0 games
2 games
3 games
4 games
5 +
Will they just be improved

DogsWin7

March 09, 2012, 10:06:28 pm #100 Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 07:47:44 pm by DiehardFBfan
Quote from: bleudog on March 09, 2012, 08:54:19 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 09, 2012, 06:02:22 pm
bleudog

sportsmindskills.com
Mental Toughness Training........for Athletes
Motivational Speeches i.e. Quotes.................for Athletes

Lou Holtz, Bear Bryant, Vince Lombardi...............Great Quotes by Coaches of Football.

Wins, losses and lessons by Lou Holtz= Great Read

If you're serious about your FF signature, you might also enjoy "Season of Life" by Jeffrey Marx.

Yes,
Joe Ehrmann, a former NFL football star and volunteer coach for the Gilman high school football team, teaches his players the keys to successful defense: penetrate, pursue, punish, love. Love? A former captain of the Baltimore Colts and now an ordained minister, Ehrmann is serious about the game of football but even more serious about the purpose of life. Season of Life is his inspirational story as told by Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Jeffrey Marx, who was a ballboy for the Colts when he first met Ehrmann.
Ehrmann now devotes his life to teaching young men a whole new meaning of masculinity. He teaches the boys at Gilman the precepts of his Building Men for Others program.

Also, Keeps it in perspective.   :)

bleudog

March 09, 2012, 10:52:22 pm #101 Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 07:40:16 am by bleudog
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 09, 2012, 10:06:28 pm

Yes,
Joe Ehrmann, a former NFL football star and volunteer coach for the Gilman high school football team, teaches his players the keys to successful defense: penetrate, pursue, punish, love. Love? A former captain of the Baltimore Colts and now an ordained minister, Ehrmann is serious about the game of football but even more serious about the purpose of life. Season of Life is his inspirational story as told by Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Jeffrey Marx, who was a ballboy for the Colts when he first met Ehrmann.
Ehrmann now devotes his life to teaching young men a whole new meaning of masculinity. He teaches the boys at Gilman the precepts of his Building Men for Others program.

Excellent book about perspective.  Here's the rest of the overview quote:

"........He teaches the boys at Gilman the precepts of his Building Men for Others program: Being a man means emphasizing relationships and having a cause bigger than yourself. It means accepting responsibility and leading courageously. It means that empathy, integrity, and living a life of service to others are more important than points on a scoreboard.

Decades after he first met Ehrmann, Jeffrey Marx renewed their friendship and watched his childhood hero putting his principles into action. While chronicling a season with the Gilman Greyhounds, Marx witnessed the most extraordinary sports program he'd ever seen, where players say "I love you" to each other and coaches profess their love for their players. Off the field Marx sat with Ehrmann and absorbed life lessons that led him to reexamine his own unresolved relationship with his father.

Season of Life is a book about what it means to be a man of substance and impact. It is a moving story that will resonate with athletes, coaches, parents -- anyone struggling to make the right choices in life."

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/season-of-life-jeffrey-marx/1102399496

To tie this post back to the title of this thread, here's an excerpt from page 53 of the book:

At a cookout after the scrimmage--family members included--this woman casually asked Biff (the head coach) how things were looking for the team.  How successful did he think the boys were going to be?

"I have no idea," Biff said.  "Won't really know for twenty years."

"Huh?"

She had been inquiring about the season.  This Season.  Biff was perfectly clear on that.  He was not trying to be cute with his response; he was trying to make a point.

"I won't really know how successful they're gonna be till they come back to visit in twenty years,"  Biff said.  "Then I'll be able to see what kind of husbands they are.  I'll be able to see what kind of fathers they are.  I'll see what they're doing in the community."

Marx has another football-based book that was also a good read:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/long-snapper-jeffrey-marx/1015878216?ean=9780061691393

DogsWin7

March 10, 2012, 07:46:01 am #102 Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 08:16:28 am by DiehardFBfan
Quote from: bleudog on March 09, 2012, 10:52:22 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 09, 2012, 10:06:28 pm

Yes,

Excellent book about perspective.  Here's the rest of the overview quote:

"........He teaches the boys at Gilman the precepts of his Building Men for Others program: Being a man means emphasizing relationships and having a cause bigger than yourself. It means accepting responsibility and leading courageously. It means that empathy, integrity, and living a life of service to others are more important than points on a scoreboard.

Decades after he first met Ehrmann, Jeffrey Marx renewed their friendship and watched his childhood hero putting his principles into action. While chronicling a season with the Gilman Greyhounds, Marx witnessed the most extraordinary sports program he'd ever seen, where players say "I love you" to each other and coaches profess their love for their players. Off the field Marx sat with Ehrmann and absorbed life lessons that led him to reexamine his own unresolved relationship with his father.

Season of Life is a book about what it means to be a man of substance and impact. It is a moving story that will resonate with athletes, coaches, parents -- anyone struggling to make the right choices in life."

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/season-of-life-jeffrey-marx/1102399496

To tie this post back to the title of this thread, here's an excerpt from page 53 of the book:

At a cookout after the scrimmage--family members included--this woman casually asked Biff (the head coach) how things were looking for the team.  How successful did he think the boys were going to be?

"I have no idea," Biff said.  "Won't really know for twenty years."

"Huh?"

She had been inquiring about the season.  This Season.  Biff was perfectly clear on that.  He was not trying to be cute with his response; he was trying to make a point.

"I won't really know how successful they're gonna be till they com back to visit in twenty years,"  Biff said.  "Then I'll be able to see what kind of husbands they are.  I'll be able to see what kind of fathers they are.  I'll see what they're doing in the community."

Marx had another football-based book that was also a good read:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/long-snapper-jeffrey-marx/1015878216?ean=9780061691393

I am all for books about Perspective.  I fully believe in the the bible and the Lord's word.  I support children at the upmost level that I can and in everyway that I can.  I have never said otherwise.

If you go back and look at 1 of my earlier post I said that Coach Davis was a supporter of FCA which stands for Fellowship of Christian Athletes.  It also states in his phone interview that he is a Youth Pastor.

So, I fail to see how that Waldron could of made a bad hire.  Coach Davis seems to incompass ALL the values that the school and parents could possibly want in leading their children.

bleudog, are you now trying to correct and do damage control for the post you mad earlier on who actually runs offence and defense?   Do not assume anything about anyone until they are given a chance.  He is a Coach yes, but he is also a man and none of us are perfect but we are forgiven.

You asked me if I was serious on my signature?  Yes.  It seems I have perspective and my signature states so.  Your signature bleudog list Football Championships.  Am I to interupt that as your perspective?    That would be judging would it not?  Have you ever been to Waldron and met any of the kids?   No.  Perspective is something they have.  They just need help with  having fun in football. imo    Time will be judge for Waldron.

DogsWin7

March 10, 2012, 08:41:38 am #103 Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 08:59:27 am by DiehardFBfan
I would also like to add that there is nothing wrong with Winning.  As long as you do it humbly and with dignity and grace.  Respect is earned not given.  Make no mistake there is no substitute for learning how to win a game and seeing the fruits of your labor come to fruition. Hard to lose all the time no matter what perspective you have. 

Ahhhh yes, geaux means "GO" Waldron.( had a friend who was cajun) :)

bleudog

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 10, 2012, 07:46:01 am
I am all for books about Perspective.  I fully believe in the the bible and the Lord's word.  I support children at the upmost level that I can and in everyway that I can.  I have never said otherwise.

If you go back and look at 1 of my earlier post I said that Coach Davis was a supporter of FCA which stands for Fellowship of Christian Athletes.  It also states in his phone interview that he is a Youth Pastor.

So, I fail to see how that Waldron could of made a bad hire.  Coach Davis seems to incompass ALL the values that the school and parents could possibly want in leading their children.

bleudog, are you now trying to correct and do damage control for the post you mad earlier on who actually runs offence and defense?   Do not assume anything about anyone until they are given a chance.  He is a Coach yes, but he is also a man and none of us are perfect but we are forgiven.

You asked me if I was serious on my signature?  Yes.  It seems I have perspective and my signature states so.  Your signature bleudog list Football Championships.  Am I to interupt that as your perspective?    That would be judging would it not?  Have you ever been to Waldron and met any of the kids?   No.      Time will be judge for Waldron.

Never said he was a bad hire.  Not trying to do damage control.

Anyone familiar with the 2A-8 and Strong could tell you there was tension in the program after the loss to Parkers Chapel.  I was at the Norphlet game immediately after that loss and coaching reassignments were obvious.  Not saying they were right, not saying they were wrong.  Not saying those changes made any difference in the ultimate outcome of the rest of the season.  What did happend was Strong went undefeated after the PC loss, including getting a win over a JC team the Bulldogs had lost to earlier in the seaston, and earned a state championship the week after avenging that loss. 

Regardless of what Coach Davis accomplishes at Waldon, he will always be on record as the head coach of the team that won its last playoff game in 2011.  And as they say in the commercials, that's priceless. 

I wish Coach Davis the best at Waldron.  I will again applaud him for his gracious comments directed toward Strong when the article about his leaving was published in the local paper. 

I wish for the players at Wadron what I wish for all amateur athletes and something many kids have heard me say:  Do your best; play smart; have fun. 

And since it was you who brought up Waldron wins in your poll at the beginning of this thread, I'll help out and vote for Waldron to improve on last year's win total.

bleudog

March 10, 2012, 09:01:37 am #105 Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 09:03:33 am by bleudog
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 10, 2012, 08:41:38 am
I would also like to add that there is nothing wrong with Winning.  As long as you do it humbly and with dignity and grace.  Respect is earned not given.  Make no mistake there is no substitute for learning how to win a game and seeing the fruits of your labor come to fruition. Hard to lose all the time no matter what perspective you have. 

Ahhhh yes, geaux means "GO" Waldron.( had a friend who was cajun) :)

+1 there mon ami.

DogsWin7

March 10, 2012, 09:11:21 am #106 Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 09:18:58 am by DiehardFBfan
It could be "ma amie" ;D   (just kidding)

Laissez les bon temps rouler!! ( let the good times roll!!)

DogsWin7

And since it was you who brought up Waldron wins in your poll at the beginning of this thread, I'll help out and vote for Waldron to improve on last year's win total.

Looks like I am going to have to come clean on the poll.  The reason behind the poll is simple.  Kids do better when they see that people believe in them.  If they can see the numbers in a poll and know that people actually think they can Win they will start to change the image they have of themselves.  Mind over Loss.  IMHO. 

The mind can be a powerful tool especially when Waldron has not had the best records in Football.  SUPPORT was what I was trying to accomplish for Waldron.

Simply to BELIEVE in their self and in their team.  +1 for the vote!

5-wide

I enjoyed season of life as well. His false manhoods are something every teenage boy should hear. A key determination in my opinion of a school and community's seriousness to turning around a football program is level of change. Hiring a new coach then telling him we can't do it your way cause this is the way it's always been done is a recipe for disaster. If you want a new coach, hire a new coach. If you want a new program, hire a new coach, let him hire his assistants, give him what he needs financially, stand up to community opposition so he doesn't have to, then get the crap out of the way. In a struggling program numbers will go down when a coach tries to do it right, with support, those numbers will rebound. Let the 10-12 graders cycle out and numbers will return.

DogsWin7

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.
- Archie Griffin     

bleudog

March 11, 2012, 01:33:42 pm #110 Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 10:12:11 pm by bleudog
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 11, 2012, 12:41:55 pm
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.
- Archie Griffin     

Believe Archie borrowed that one from Samuel Clemens.  ;)

When it came to football quotes, they didn't get much better than John McKay.  To paraphrase Bum Phillips (who was talking about Earl Campbell), "John McKay might not be in a class by himself, but in the class he's in it sure don't take long to call roll."  ;D

A few McKayisms:

"Intensity is a lot of guys that run fast."

"We didn't block real good but we made up for it by not tackling."

"Well, we've determined that we can't win at home and we can't win on the road. What we need is a neutral site."

"If you have everyone back from a team that lost ten games, experience isn't too important."

"Emotion is highly overrated in football. My wife Corky is emotional as heck but can't play football worth a dang." (that one lost a little punch thanks to the FF auto censor program)

"I'm in favor of it."  (when asked about the execution of his team)

http://www.bucpower.com/expfeature-quotes.html

DogsWin7

March 11, 2012, 02:32:00 pm #111 Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 02:52:17 pm by DiehardFBfan
Samuel Clemens?  humm, Mark Twain!  very good bleudog!

Thunder is good, thunder is impressive; but it is lightning that does the work-Mark Twain
Sure waldrons glad Coach Davis is the lightning!

. "Build up your weaknesses until they become your strong points."
--Knute Rockne  ;)

DogsWin7

March 13, 2012, 08:31:46 am #112 Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 08:45:48 am by DiehardFBfan
Talked to some of my kin folk down in Waldron(i.e. lake hinkle) said that a lot of people are really optimistic about the New Coach.  That's good.   

Know what they say, "Everyone's famous in a small town". 

Dayton do u know bleudog?  Any luck on job search yet?

Decided with GLion to cut back on posting until Football Season is here.

DogsWin7

March 14, 2012, 08:44:54 am #113 Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 07:48:29 pm by DiehardFBfan
Gone Fishing

bleudog

March 14, 2012, 10:13:49 am #114 Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 01:00:55 pm by bleudog
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 14, 2012, 08:44:54 am
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k284/mergan_01/Fishing/gone_fishing.jpg

I came across an old "blue tick hound" wandering around the neighborhood.  That dog "wasn't too bright" but he has a kind soul.  Now doubt in my mind the good Lord looks after that hound.  I'm not sure if I undstood that hound right or not, but it seemed for sure that dog wanted me to give you a "clue" about how to post a picture on FF.  I couldn't turn him down.

Good luck with the catch.  Didn't realize FB stood for Fishing Boat.  ;D

DogsWin7

March 14, 2012, 01:02:32 pm #115 Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 07:48:59 pm by DiehardFBfan
Quote from: bleudog on March 14, 2012, 10:13:49 am
gone fishing

I came across an old "blue tick hound" wandering around the neighborhood.  That dog "wasn't too bright" but he has a kind soul.  Now doubt in my mind the good Lord looks after that hound.  That dog suggested I give you a "clue" about how to post a picture on FF and I had to honor his request.

Good luck with the catch.  Didn't realize FB stood for Fishing Boat.  ;D

hahahahaha!   That is A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!  Thank's for helping the elderly son, i appreciate it!

I can't type! or use the compputer  ;D  Glad the dog is nice and not foaming at the mouth. :D

True, the lord helps those in need.  That is a fact we know and depend on. Amen.

bleudog

How'd the fishing turn out? 

If you're a hunter too, you need to hook up with cuz from JC.

DogsWin7

Quote from: bleudog on March 14, 2012, 01:07:48 pm

Well the pride man in me wants to lie and say I caught a Whopper! Biggest fish ever recorded!

.... but my conscience tells me that I should tell the truth and say, I only caught wind!! ;D

Do Like to quail and duck hunt.  Dang kick- back on the gun's anymore makes my arthritis hurt for days.

bleudog

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 14, 2012, 01:14:57 pm
Quote from: bleudog on March 14, 2012, 01:07:48 pm

Well the pride man in me wants to lie and say I caught a Whopper! Biggest fish ever recorded!

.... but my conscience tells me that I should tell the truth and say, I only caught wind!! ;D

Do Like to quail and duck hunt.  Dang kick- back on the gun's anymore makes my arthritis hurt for days.

Catching a lot is good.  Not catching anything but up on your thoughts is good sometimes too.  But sometimes all it takes is catching one.

I think cuz is a quail and duck guy too.

DogsWin7

Someone please post about football!!!!  PLEASE!  now i am done.  good-bye :)

bleudog

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 14, 2012, 06:13:40 pm
Someone please post about football!!!!  PLEASE!  now i am done.  good-bye :)

C'mon DieH, it's the middle of March. ;D

DogsWin7

March 16, 2012, 04:44:55 pm #122 Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 06:26:08 pm by DiehardFBfan
Well,  Waldron a small town in Arkansas, which is a 4A-4 school with a multi-million $ New Football Field has just been bestowed the Ultimate High Honor that Fearless Friday can give
" Fearless Friday Hall of FAME!"   8)

Congrats Coach Davis! and Waldron- Things are starting to turn around ;)

Thanks Fearless Friday! 8) It caused me to break my non-posting streak ;D  Back too it..

bleudog

DogsWin7

March 18, 2012, 08:00:59 pm #124 Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 08:14:29 pm by DiehardFBfan
I just realized bleudog that I am a FISH! ;D  You keep casting out the line with bait and U keep reeling me in! HA!

Cool Interview!  You must be a reporter bleudog!  (no need for clues huh?) :)

bleudog

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 18, 2012, 08:00:59 pm
I just realized bleudog that I am a FISH! ;D  You keep casting out the line with bait and U keep reeling me in! HA!

Cool Interview!  You must be a reporter bleudog!  (no need for clues huh?) :)

No fishing here.  Just putting info out there some folks might finding interesting.

DogsWin7

I was referring to your ability to get me too keep posting!  ;) 

I have got to contact Glion for help on how he keeps from it. 

iknowmorethanu

Ya'll seem to have strayed far away from the topic of football here!  ;D

DogsWin7

Quote from: iknowmorethanu on March 23, 2012, 12:47:49 pm
Ya'll seem to have strayed far away from the topic of football here!  ;D

Only because it is spring.  Check back in the fall when Football is being played! ;D

DogsWin7

IT'S STARTING TO HAPPEN....................................... ;)

DogsWin7

Poll Results thus far:
0 games- 5 votes (16.1%)
2 games- 3 votes (9.7%)
same as lst- 2 votes (6.5%)
4 GAMES- 16 VOTES (51.6%)  double last year! :D
5+ games- 5 votes (16.1%) even better!

That's what I mean by it's starting to happen, it looks like it is beginning to turn around, I sure hope it plays onto the field......thought I would post some of the early result's for the FF guests!

I bleed blue and white

Waldron will have to commit to Coach Davis' leadership and philosophy in order to be successful. Davis has a huge job ahead of him but will be successful if the community, administration, assistant coaches and players buy into the program. This will not be done over night but will take years. Those listed above will just have to give him time to turn the program into "His Program"!! If things go as planned this years 9th grade bunch will be championship contenders. I wish Coach Davis all the luck in the world and hope Waldron will give him 100% backing.

DogsWin7

I hope the same as well!  They will have to LET HIM LEADthe team and everyone else follow for it to work..  Just hope he rely's on himself a lot for awhile, but most good HC do. 

Any news if spring practices have started down in waldron yet?

Panther13

I am pretty sure everyone state wide starts spring practice May 14 and ends May 25.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Panther13 on April 20, 2012, 11:24:12 am
I am pretty sure everyone state wide starts spring practice May 14 and ends May 25.

I meant to say off-season practices going on? oops! ;D   Have Spring Drills in my mind!!

DogsWin7

May 15, 2012, 06:40:02 pm #135 Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 07:49:34 pm by DiehardFBfan
Well, well, well, look what we have here.........BULLDOG FOOTBALL!!!

go to urhometownsports to read

DogsWin7

May 15, 2012, 08:02:16 pm #136 Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 08:06:11 pm by DiehardFBfan
Waldron's First Annual 4-Man Scramble

June 9, 2012

Waldron Country Club!

Go and Support The Waldron Athletic Booster Club!!!!

Go to www.urhtsports.com for more info.

DogsWin7

May 17, 2012, 08:22:29 am #137 Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 02:14:28 pm by DiehardFBfan
Any news if Waldron is going to have a Orange and Black Spring Scrimmage Game or whatever they call their's? 

Didn't know if Coach has had enough time to get one together at Waldron yet or if he is going to wait till later.....

Should read the website's I post more closely!  Scrimmage at Waldron tonight!!!  Sorry!

DogsWin7

May 21, 2012, 12:24:55 pm #138 Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 07:49:53 pm by DiehardFBfan
4A Spring roundup article in SW Times Record today..........

Going to be away from the computer for awhile.  It's summer!

hornet49

In Waldron, L.R."Tom" Sawyer was a legendary football coach that won 87% of games during the 30's, 40's and 50's, and they would later name the football field after him.

Since then they have moved to another field. Does anyone know if the field is still named after him?

GoodBetterBetz

Quote from: hornet49 on June 11, 2012, 04:05:24 pm
In Waldron, L.R."Tom" Sawyer was a legendary football coach that won 87% of games during the 30's, 40's and 50's, and they would later name the football field after him.

Since then they have moved to another field. Does anyone know if the field is still named after him?
The old field is still named Sawyer Wright Field and that's where the pee wee football games are played now. The new field has not been officially named and is referred to as the New Bulldog Sports Complex.

DogsWin7

Seen on URhometownsports that Waldron went to Fountain Lake's team camp. 

Any word on how they looked? 

DogsWin7

Who coined the phrase "Deader than 4 o'clock"?    ???

DogsWin7

July 24, 2012, 11:23:01 am #143 Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 12:58:59 pm by DiehardFBfan
I am going to guess that Waldron is busy getting the Football Program going.  (looks like the poll stands at double the wins! so far!)

Either way, I noticed on Betz website that he has teamed up with ArkansasVarsity.com & Luke Matheson to help bring Waldron Athletics to the fans thru Media! Glad to see it!  Sure hope, they keep FF posted as well!

Good Luck, and GO WALDRON!

Jimbo Morphis

44 posts on this page and 28 of them are yours. i think die hard is the perfect name for you.

GoodBetterBetz

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on July 24, 2012, 11:23:01 am
I am going to guess that Waldron is busy getting the Football Program going.  (looks like the poll stands at double the wins! so far!)

Either way, I noticed on Betz website that he has teamed up with ArkansasVarsity.com & Luke Matheson to help bring Waldron Athletics to the fans thru Media! Glad to see it!  Sure hope, they keep FF posted as well!

Football program is in full swing, looking forward to going full pads on Aug. 2nd! I'll have a preview of the 2012 Waldron Bulldogs Football Team on my website later today or first thing in the morning. We're headed in the right direction under new head coach Shane Davis, the team and coaches have bought in and are unified! GO DAWGS!

DogsWin7

Quote from: Oldman on July 24, 2012, 01:11:34 pm
44 posts on this page and 28 of them are yours. i think die hard is the perfect name for you.

no one accuse me of not playing to my own strengths lol..........

Quote from: GoodBetterBetz on July 24, 2012, 03:38:32 pm

Football program is in full swing, looking forward to going full pads on Aug. 2nd! I'll have a preview of the 2012 Waldron Bulldogs Football Team on my website later today or first thing in the morning. We're headed in the right direction under new head coach Shane Davis, the team and coaches have bought in and are unified! GO DAWGS!

FINALLY!   way to keep us waiting........ ;D

GoodBetterBetz

Quote from: GoodBetterBetz on July 24, 2012, 03:38:32 pm

FINALLY!   way to keep us waiting........ ;D
Sorry about that, nothing seems to ever workout exactly when you have 15 and 17 year old sons having to attend practices for two sports throughout the summer. Sorry.

whippersnapper

How's the offense coming along? Looks like Mansfield will get a taste of its own medicine this August

bleudog

July 27, 2012, 07:23:54 am #149 Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 01:14:49 pm by bleudog

Calpereps won't finalize their preseason rankings until mid August, and they project Waldron to have a challenging year, but thought some of the faithful might find this of interest:  CLICK HERE

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas