• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dumas vs Fordyce

Started by #!gocats, October 21, 2009, 09:47:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

#!gocats

Is there anything needed to be said about this game?

Jimbo Morphis

i have no idea how to pick this game.

#!gocats

Im so tired of all the would of, should of and could of's. When will the fans of Dumas realize we DONT want to go back to the 2004 & 2005 season we had. We have a great group of coaches and hard working players.  Respect the fact that they are NOT trying to lose and support them. No yelling from the stands or booing will make these boys perform better. We will not be #1 in the conference and looking like not #2, so let's pull together and atleast secure the #3 seed!  Go Bobcats

#!gocats

I hope the rain will be gone.  Weather will definately hamper any teams performance!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: #!gocats on October 21, 2009, 09:50:52 am
Im so tired of all the would of, should of and could of's. When will the fans of Dumas realize we DONT want to go back to the 2004 & 2005 season we had. We have a great group of coaches and hard working players.  Respect the fact that they are NOT trying to lose and support them. No yelling from the stands or booing will make these boys perform better. We will not be #1 in the conference and looking like not #2, so let's pull together and atleast secure the #3 seed!  Go Bobcats
dumas fans are booing their team and coaches?

Xigris

Is Griswold still starting? I thought i read somewhere they might replace him? Dumas will want to show the conference that they truely can compete, Fordyce on the other hand, like McGehee still seems to be a wildcard in the conference, this will be an interesting game
Dumas 21
Fordyce 20

toobad4u993

Well I will hopefully be watching this one on tv. Anyone know what channel it will be on for us college kids who have cable?

#!gocats

on Dish it is channel 42 and on cable I think it is channel 16. The fans are booing SOME players. 

toobad4u993

Quote from: #!gocats on October 21, 2009, 10:00:38 am
on Dish it is channel 42 and on cable I think it is channel 16. The fans are booing SOME players. 
Who is getting booed??

Iceman_89_07

Probably Griswold. He ain't so hot.

Jimbo Morphis

i'm trashy and would never boo a kid or a coach.

Iceman_89_07

I have only ever booed one coach and never a player and that coach was Buchanon and Gowen or whatever his name is. They were horrible and i'm thrilled that they are gone.

sportime

Look to the Right of this web page, it has all the Channels for KARZ which shows the highschool football games.

NEVER cool to boo a coach or player!!

toobad4u993

I agree that booing a kid is horrible. Imagine what that does to them emotionally. If i was ever booed when playing a sport i would probally quit and go hide in my moms basement. But it probally was griswald. At least hes good in basketball :-/ ......still horrible kids are getting booed

Iceman_89_07

No i would never boo kids just them two coaches........and the refs. I might also need to add that i was one of there players and i was booing from the sideline. That might make more since.

Code3Cat

Quote from: Iceman_89_07 on October 21, 2009, 11:18:26 am
Probably Griswold. He ain't so hot.
[/quote

Iceman, come watch the SC/Dumas basketball game.  You will think he is hot then! 

bobcatfan18

Im anxious to see if Dumas can get back on track after two straight losses. Im pickin the cat by 6

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Iceman_89_07 on October 21, 2009, 11:41:52 am
No i would never boo kids just them two coaches........and the refs. I might also need to add that i was one of there players and i was booing from the sideline. That might make more since."
did you yell "get you some of that"  from the bench?

toobad4u993

Quote from: Oldman on October 21, 2009, 03:58:29 pm
Quote from: Iceman_89_07 on October 21, 2009, 11:41:52 am
No i would never boo kids just them two coaches........and the refs. I might also need to add that i was one of there players and i was booing from the sideline. That might make more since."
did you yell "get you some of that"  from the bench?
lol

East Bound And Down

Last Friday night The fans were shouting stuff like "Gris is Horrible" and "Get Him out Hes terrible." and at one point there was a fan that shouted "We want your head Courtney" and "Get a New Coach"(reffering to head Coach Mark Courtney) its like the Dumas fans are just on the bandwagon. when the Cats are up everyone is onboard, but when they dont agree they jump off.

Wyvonne

Quote from: #!gocats on October 21, 2009, 09:50:52 am
this is completly true if u arent there to support us and just there to talk bad about our team dont even show up thats not even a true fan in my opinion .. a true fan loves there team regardless

dogfan

In defense of the Dumas program, I think it had a lot to do with the emotional atmosphere at the game. There always seems to be a rivalry atmosphere in the air, and in those types of games it easy for people to lose their heads. Two years ago I thought there was going to be a fight in the middle of the field before the game even started. In other words, when a lot of pride is riding on a game, tempers flare and people say things they don't necessarily mean.

I still think Dumas has a solid football team. Star City had the opportunity to put Warren away in the first half and gave up two big plays that kept them in the game.

I say Dumas by 14 over the bugs.

lostowl

Fordyce by 8.  Dumas hasn't been playing well, Fordyce seems to control the ball well and it's at Fordyce.  Probably going to be raining also.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: East Bound And Down on October 21, 2009, 06:19:05 pm
Last Friday night The fans were shouting stuff like "Gris is Horrible" and "Get Him out Hes terrible." and at one point there was a fan that shouted "We want your head Courtney" and "Get a New Coach"(reffering to head Coach Mark Courtney) its like the Dumas fans are just on the bandwagon. when the Cats are up everyone is onboard, but when they dont agree they jump off.
some fans have short memories. you're never going to agree with everything a coach does but you can always go back to what you had before courtney.

Code3Cat

Quote from: Oldman on October 22, 2009, 06:41:37 am
some fans have short memories. you're never going to agree with everything a coach does but you can always go back to what you had before courtney.

shhhhhhh

toobad4u993

Quote from: Oldman on October 22, 2009, 06:41:37 am
You never say that again! lol. Ive personally had the oppurtunity to work with Coach Courtney and hes a great guy and a great coach. He turned dumas from a 0-10 team to a 6-4 team in just his first year (probally not the actual records but close enough so you get the point, i think dumas might have actually won ONE that year). But he was just giving the kid a chance. Griswald did a good job last year so he figured he was just in a slump, you gota give the kids a chance to prove themselves.

veritas

The rain will make the game low scoring and the team that can execute plays will win. Speed will be minimized.  The Fordyce field is in terrible condition from the Dollarway game and will be much worse tonight.  Too bad since it will be the first televised game for both teams. Turnovers may make the difference in this game as well.  Ball will not only be wet but have mud on it.  Umpire needs to keep dry towel over football before play.  Bugs and Cats need to bring plenty of extra towels.  Several years ago I heard that during Fordyce-McGehee game coaches sent for dry towels from Dallas County Sheriff's office.  It was too late - Owls won, knocked Bugs out of higher see in playoffs.  Good luck to both teams.

redbug2000

scrambler

bobcatfan18

very true and i think the advantage goes to dumas because of the depth of the run game

billie ray

watching it on tv now....it's a muddy mess....both teams look evenly matched

linebacker54

what the heck was that call about?

Dr. James Westfall

Home cooking in fordyce tonite

speedster

Dumas might actually take this one.

DQ79

Quote from: Dr. James Westfall on October 22, 2009, 09:24:53 pm<br />Home cooking in fordyce tonite<br />
Home cookin' not working!

linebacker54

Wow that was a make up call. These might be the refs from the Arkansas-Flordia game.

hogs25

They said it was an inadvertent whistle which nullified the fumble.  He clearly fumbled and I never heard a whistle much less why one would've been called anyway with the play still live.  The refs did the classic "make up call" with the on side kick.  Should've been Redbugs ball but it's all about the previous circumstance.  But after the Florida debacle at least they (evened) it out. 

Now keep it on the ground Dumas and stop passing. 

billie ray

sky kick...fordyce ball...wait...nope....looks like the refs just made up for the early bad call by giving it to dumas...dumas scores

lostowl

I'm confused, how it that onside kick not recovered by Fordyce.  Guess it makes up for the fumble play earlier.

bulldoggfan23

boo on refs clearly on side kick was good.....refs need to go back to special ed and wassup dudes in tha booth lol

bulldoggfan23

maby dumas should wear those boots lol ahahahahah

hogs25

Helluva long run by deuce deuce.  Like to see DG take it up the gut and get dirty.

hillbilly

Field is a mess, Dumas has some speed in the backfield. Their WR's can't be as bad as they look tonight, dropped quite a few passes.

hogs25

billie ray

what a mess...the laundry boy's gonna be busy tomorrow...they need to be hosed down before they even go into the locker room....congrats to the bobcats...good win

policeman

what the heck happened... at the beggining of the 4th qu it was 16-6 Dumas... how was the final 40-14.... thats alot of scoring in the 4th

Code3Cat

Good Job to both teams.  Proud of Dumas for getting a little bit of their swagger back.  Hang in there Fordyce, lots of ball for you to play

toobad4u993

Good game by both teams. Dumas finally got some points on the board!! YAY US!! Good luck with the rest of the year fordyce

#!gocats

Our Team is back. Wish this team would of been there for the Warren and Star City Game. I throughly enjoyed the game.

Jimbo Morphis

hard to believe the same play right and left and fordyce never adjusted in the 2nd half. congrats to dumas on a big win.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas