• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bald Knob at Newport

Started by #1footballfan, October 17, 2007, 10:43:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

#1footballfan

chilly gilly

centerlefttackle

Bwana

LakeRat

In practical terms it will be a game. In competative terms obvisously the Hound-dawgs have an advantage.

Anything can happen on any given Friday... best of luck to both teams!!

go_hounds

prisonhound

LJ06

justin_njhs09

We've been having our 2nd team, who can't score for anything, in the whole 2nd half.  Therefore it shouldn't be too bad of a blowout.

Scorpiux

Throwback1

jacosportsfreak

Let the fans say what they want, but I know that Coach Brannon and the players are taking one week at a time and realize that anybody can be beat on any given night!!!

Throwback1

Quote from: jacosportsfreak on October 18, 2007, 08:36:04 pm

Let the fans say what they want, but I know that Coach Brannon and the players are taking one week at a time and realize that anybody can be beat on any given night!!!

The "any given night" thing sounds real good, but there are simply instances when it's not really true.  Like this week's Newport/Bald Knob matchup, for instance.

#1footballfan

Quote from: Throwback1 on October 18, 2007, 05:34:45 pm
Quote from: #1footballfan on October 17, 2007, 10:43:33 pm
Will this even be a game? :-\

Are you serious?

sarcasm. i know people get made fun of for talking about the band but i've seen bald knobs band and think they are just wonderful.  :) so i guess i give props to the band.
but yea mercy rule is right..

newscout

Sorry not even Bald Knobs band is good, they only have like 15 people, and yes they will lose friday but i think it might be close early

Throwback1

Quote from: newscout on October 18, 2007, 10:28:59 pm
Sorry not even Bald Knobs band is good, they only have like 15 people, and yes they will lose friday but i think it might be close early

I think every game is close early.

newscout

Yea i ment through the first half they might not be mercy ruled

justin_njhs09

Quote from: newscout on October 18, 2007, 10:34:38 pm

Yeah we'll probably have about 42 by haltime, then we won't score but maybe 1 more TD to make it 49-21 or so b/c we'll give up a few TDs in 2nd half.

buckshot22

Quote from: jacosportsfreak on October 18, 2007, 08:36:04 pm

Hey Sports Freak, you need to stick to a sport that you know something about, like maybe softball..........

Newport by 50....

jacosportsfreak

I don't disagree that the score will lopsided in Newport's favor.  I just said that it is the fans that are talking all the smack and looking ahead.  The coaches and players at Newport, have their heads on right this year!

ocho_cinco

I think that they are looking ahead....they continually talk about the "game"....warren vs. Newpot....however it wont matter this week....Newport wins BIG!

LJ06

Quote from: ocho_cinco on October 19, 2007, 11:43:08 am
I think that they are looking ahead....they continually talk about the "game"....warren vs. Newpot....however it wont matter this week....Newport wins BIG!

Well, they don't need to be.  That game would be the finals for the state championship if it were to happen at all.  Remember there are still 3 games to be played before playoffs.  Then, as everyone should know, the playoffs are a whole new season.  Let's not get ahead of ourselves, one of those teams might not be in the finals...or neither

Peety

Quote from: newscout on October 18, 2007, 10:28:59 pm

wow ur not very smart.  the band is good.  and we have a lot more than 15 people.  hope ur at the game.  but the actual game wont be close.  newport by 30

1ooo islands

i hate to say it but bk is gonna have a long night from tryin to stop the run then coverin clyde dean

GOSNELLBASKETBALL10

this game is goin to be ugly Newport is going to kill bald knob

buckshot22

Quote from: jacosportsfreak on October 19, 2007, 10:21:50 am

I don't disagree that the score will lopsided in Newport's favor.  I just said that it is the fans that are talking all the smack and looking ahead.  The coaches and players at Newport, have their heads on right this year!
[/quot

Talking smack? I haven't seen anyone on here talking smack or looking ahead. The only people who talk smack in Jackson County are from Tuckerman.

The Ref

Quote from: NPT_Tribe Fan on October 18, 2007, 10:41:06 pm
Quote from: newscout on October 18, 2007, 10:34:38 pm

Yeah we'll probably have about 42 by haltime, then we won't score but maybe 1 more TD to make it 49-21 or so b/c we'll give up a few TDs in 2nd half.
Nice prediction, Newport led 42-0 at the end of the 1st Qtr.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas