• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Booneville loosing?

Started by "SHOWKILLER", April 14, 2006, 08:34:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

"SHOWKILLER"

Over the past few months Booneville has lost a lot of upcoming talent. Three sophomore starters. Can we get past this? What will Coach do to prevent anymore of this. I know it's the kids faults for getting into trouble but man, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!
One of these kids lost credit for unexcused absences.
One quite school.
The other had 5-days iss then 3-days oss and now his parents are moving him to Greenwood.
It's gonna take a lot of heart and commitment to get over this.

yearofthecats

which three sophmore starters are we losing?  My opinion  on some of them quiting, if it is some I have heard about,  is if there is heart is not in it, then we don't need them on the team.  Also, some of the sophmores that are you talking about are  very very immature and need to grow up.  You are right, it is the kids fault for acting up at school.   

Legend

They will just replace them with three more sophmores from the Dale Bumpers farm

"SHOWKILLER"

Hey now, that's supposed to be a secret.

fatboy51

i think the only shophmores we are looseing next year is hoover and reid but who knows i dont

footballfan-tastic

What did those kids do?  If they are trouble maybe its getter they are gone.

tator_tot

hoover is just not playing... showkiller is talking about current sophomores.  that is goff, swint, and rice.  maybe even dylan smith.

Guetz

It's a shame. 

I have to agree with YearOfTheCats and Exorcist, if they didn't have the maturity, sense of responsibility or self-discipline to stay out of trouble, stay in school and attend classes then they don't need to be part of the football team.  They need to get their priorities and lives straightened out.

"SHOWKILLER"

It is a shame, a shamefull WASTE of talent. Who should be blamed? Parents, teachers, coaches or the kids.
Someone SHOULD have reached at least one of these kids. Now they will be DOOMED for the rest of their life always wondering what if and BLAMING everybody else but themselves.

JACK D BACK 27

THIS KIND OF STUFF GOES ON ALL OVER NOW DAYS ! ITS A SHAME BUT TRUE !

hoghigh

Quote from: SHOWKILLER on April 16, 2006, 09:26:26 am
It is a shame, a shamefull WASTE of talent. Who should be blamed? Parents, teachers, coaches or the kids.
Someone SHOULD have reached at least one of these kids. Now they will be DOOMED for the rest of their life always wondering what if and BLAMING everybody else but themselves.

This is why I started the "Quitters" thread.  Who is to blame?  That is the big problem with today - BLAME GAME.  We always look at other events and others to find the fault of one.  Most of these kids have been on the wrong side for a long time which is true for most kids on other teams.  Could it be broken homes, peer pressure, or just outright attitude?  School can only go so far in helping a kid.  In most cases, the school is the enemy and the kid is the victim in parents or guardians minds.  Much like we have made the police and state troopers out to be bullies and a person to fear, when in reality, it was an event that we created by speeding, not stopping, or swerving by crossing lines, or drinking (or drugs) while operating our vehicle.  Bottom line, it doesn't matter what the reason or the environment one is in, the final decision is the person that can make the change or fail to change.  I know most of the stories behind these kids for years.  Yeah they may be good at something but  do we need them if they have a maturity problem and a failure to develop with the team?

Bearcat Hottie

Hoover is quiting because every year he has broken something...and he just doesnt want anymore of it! We still have Colton and Kelly and them! Its not that big of a deal!

waddle_10

"SHOWKILLER"

OOOOOOHH Yeah!!!!
The one who was gonna leave, isn't!!!!
HAPPY DAY!!!

waddle_10

bearcat08

rice needs to go back and get his credit and go to football not quite it
wes needs to grow up and work on school and football and stop plaing around with girls and smith same for goff

J.H.BearcatHasBeen

Quote from: bearcat08 on April 19, 2006, 10:39:54 pm
rice needs to go back and get his credit and go to football not quite it
wes needs to grow up and work on school and football and stop plaing around with girls and smith same for goff
rice has lost all credit and so has goff so they are screwed for next year already.  plus rice isnt even going to school next year.

J.H.BearcatHasBeen

lets look to the ones that are still in it... Emery, Carolan, Luttrell, Phonlasouk, Kyle Smith, King, and many others.  Luttrell got 350 lbs. on bench press monday!  already has a higher max than corey, shaw, and derek.  i look to him to be the best senior leader.

JACK D BACK 27

top_guard66

we have all shown alot of improvement and there is always room for more so nobody needs to get satisfied

"SHOWKILLER"

Quote from: JACK D BACK 27 on April 20, 2006, 10:57:06 am
350 ! THATS ALOT........

He may start at half back, runs a legit 4.5 or 4.6!!! Get ready for a poundin'!!!

AF&B

is shaw and turner graduating?

GeorgeWBush

AF&B

they havent yet but i think they are seinors

"SHOWKILLER"

godownfighting

boonville has a great program and all but i dont think this season will that great even though i still think boonville will make the playoffs.they lost 21 starters or that is what i heard

waddle_10

i dont know if it was that much but their starters only played the first half of most the games and their 2nd and 3rd string got probably just as much playing time

AF&B

"SHOWKILLER"

Quote from: godownfighting on April 21, 2006, 09:10:23 pm
boonville has a great program and all but i dont think this season will that great even though i still think boonville will make the playoffs.they lost 21 starters or that is what i heard

No mystery here pal, we did loose a few Seniors. Leadership will be the key in our young team and like every year we will have those who step up and take on their role as a leader. Some think this will be a down year for us and that's just fine. Playing under the radar will be nice for a change.

Sandlizard_Hoss

Young team or not, Booneville had a good junior high last year too who will be moving up, much like our team, young, but tough

godownfighting

Quote from: SHOWKILLER on April 23, 2006, 11:33:49 am
Quote from: godownfighting on April 21, 2006, 09:10:23 pm

No mystery here pal, we did loose a few Seniors. Leadership will be the key in our young team and like every year we will have those who step up and take on their role as a leader. Some think this will be a down year for us and that's just fine. Playing under the radar will be nice for a change.
well i hope yall have a great year and i look forward to playing yall

top_guard66

i have seen young teams take it all the way so this will be the same situation

tator_tot

Quote from: top_guard66 on April 25, 2006, 10:10:50 am
i have seen young teams take it all the way so this will be the same situation
exactly, just like in 2000.  we will take state!  i have trust in our boys!  I BELIEVE!

AF&B

belive and you shall recive

godownfighting

dardanelle will fight u all the way

Sandlizard_Hoss

Guetz

Quote from: godownfighting on April 25, 2006, 07:09:40 pm

Quote from: Sandlizard_Hoss on April 25, 2006, 08:44:37 pm
aint that the truth

Great!  Bring your best game!  You'll need it!

:D

GO CATS GO!!

top_guard66

Quote from: Guetz on April 26, 2006, 07:35:30 am

Quote from: Sandlizard_Hoss on April 25, 2006, 08:44:37 pm
aint that the truth

Great! Bring your best game! You'll need it!

GO CATS GO!!
and that will still not be enough

AF&B

i think it will be booneville in the end

"SHOWKILLER"

If CJ plays for Dardenelle it will be a great game, if not it will be like every other year. Booneville wins.

Sandlizard_Hoss

CJ this Cj that...big woop....we don't NEED CJ to win, he sure helps a lot, he's very talented, but dont think that one great athlete is gonna make a tremendous difference on the lizards team...like i said, TEAM.....we work together and we work hard...CJ or no CJ, you'll get a good game either way you go.

waddle_10

i think with no cj booneville wins

Sandlizard_Hoss

Go ahead and think that and see where thinking will get you....we have plenty of ppl who are ready to step up and replace CJ whenever we need to, but the fact is, dont focus on one player, one player dont make the team's success...without the team, CJ would be worthless

Guetz

Ya know, after reading what the Sandlizard posters have to say about CJ, it sounds to me that instead of being an asset for their team with his talent and natural ability that in actuality he is a liability.  If he is truly lazy and has a poor work ethic, quitting instead of putting in the required effort, then when the going gets tough, he is going to get gone.  Game strategy for CJ:  put the Bearcat smash mouth hurt on him in his first series of downs, humiliating him and forcing him to follow his nature and quit.  Folks practice the way they are going to play.  His attitude appears to be lame in practice so take advantage of that weakness and force him into a lame attitude in the game, neutralizing him.

"SHOWKILLER"

Sandlizard_Hoss

Yes..that is what happened in the past...the PAST....with the colleges lookin at him i dont think he has a chance to slack this year, i look for him to work hard this season

Guetz

Quote from: Sandlizard_Hoss on April 27, 2006, 12:03:03 pm
Yes..that is what happened in the past...the PAST....with the colleges lookin at him i dont think he has a chance to slack this year, i look for him to work hard this season

I don't know this player or his personal circumstances but from what I know of human nature, unless someone significant to him has lit a fire under his butt and keeps it there, any improvement in his work ethic (as reported in this thread) will be short lived.  Talent and ability are nothing if the heart is not there and from the sound of it, his heart has not been in maximizing his and the team's performance.  We'll see how he is doing late in the season (game 9) when y'all get to Booneville.

GO CATS GO!!

top_guard66

they could have C.J. working harder then ever and our defence will shut him down and our offense will score the touchdowns

Guetz

Quote from: top_guard66 on April 27, 2006, 01:21:54 pm
they could have C.J. working harder then ever and our defence will shut him down and our offense will score the touchdowns

...and you won't underestimate your opponents.  Right?

AF&B

Quote from: Sandlizard_Hoss on April 26, 2006, 08:46:11 pm
CJ this Cj that...big woop....we don't NEED CJ to win, he sure helps a lot, he's very talented, but dont think that one great athlete is gonna make a tremendous difference on the lizards team...like i said, TEAM.....we work together and we work hard...CJ or no CJ, you'll get a good game either way you go.
this is how it goes
lizards have their best player=chance of winning
lizards without cj=BIG TIME LOSING!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas