• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paul Eealls Dies in Car Crash

Started by bdr, August 01, 2006, 06:26:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bdr

I know this is not GSC news, but it is a huge loss to Arkansas and sports.

"Paul Eells, the long-time sports anchor at KATV in Little Rock was killed shortly after 8:00 p.m. Monday night while driving back from a Razorback golf tournament. He was 71.

Arkansas State Police report Eells' car crossed the median and struck another vehicle head-on in the westbound lane of I-40 in Russellville.

Eells and the woman in the other vehicle, Billie Burton, 40, of Dover were pronounced dead at the scene.

An Iowa native, Paul Eells was born in 1935. He was a graduate of the University of Iowa and began his career at KOKX Radio in Keokuk, Iowa. He went from Iowa to then WSM-TV in Nashville as sports director and became the Voice of the Vanderilt Commodores. He came to KATV in 1978 as the Voice of Razorbacks and won numerous awards for his work, including being named Arkansas "Sportscaster of the Year" eleven times.

Eells was also the radio voice for the Arkansas Razorbacks on the Arkansas Radio Sports Network.

Eells leaves behind his wife Vickie, two daughters and a son."

R. A.™

A true Arkansas Legend has passed, this is a surreal moment right now

tcockerham

Paul's family is in our prayers, what a loss, got a tear in the eye and a pain in the heart when I heard the news.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas